This child should not have died....rant

CRB#33

<font color=red>Completing His Good Work!<br><font
A nine year old little boy was killed Monday night in a town near me by a drunk (see edit to this thread below), hit-and-run woman. She evidently left a bar. They know who she is, but she has yet to surrender.

This woman should have never been behind the wheel of a car. I hope she is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for the awful thing she has done.

I just heard on the news that this accident took place at 9:00 IN THE EVENING:mad: :mad: :confused: :mad: The mother was on the news talking about the woman who was a murderer.

Where in God's name was this mother when her 9 year old was out in a lousy neighborhood after dark, crossing a road that sees up to 32,000 cars a day?

She said he had a knack for sneeking out and going fishing.:confused:

The whole thing makes me sick. That poor little boy.

***edited***

As of later this evening, the woman has turned herself in and she will be charged with leaving the scene. Not DUI. She had turned herself in later in the evening of the accident and tox. reports came back with the equivalant of one drink---not enough to charge with DUI. The most she will get with this leaving the scene is one year.

How tragic, CRB! Poor child - close to age of my DD, it makes my heart ache.

Who ARE these people who are old enough to buy alcohol, and so immature as to not "hand over the keys" when they order the 2nd or 3rd drink?

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE who has ever had too much to drink - knows their limits. Getting "tipsy" means time to hand over the darn keys - before you go beyond tipsy!!!

This is just awful.

But unfortunately, it happens in all cities, all the time.

I'll never forget these stories from high school:

My brother just bought a really "cool" motorcycle. I got called out of class one morning during school, and my mother was in the Principal's office. She looked awful. She said my brother was dead.

I said, "How? When?"

She said he was at a party the night before, had too much to drink, and was killed as his motorcycle slammed into a parked tractor trailer while traveling at 108mph (cop was nearby).

It took me a second, then I realized I had seen my brother in our kitchen that morning, eating breakfast.

It was a while before he was found (skipping class), but as it turned out, my brother DID have too much to drink at the party and turned over his keys. Unfortunately for them, the guys he gave them to didn't have any business with keys, either.

The other story is about a guy I was dating in high school. It was halloween night, and he was out partying with his friends - drinking. He ran over two little girls (twins) who were out trick-or-treating. They didn't survive.

I don't know what happened to him, I didn't see him after that episode. But I can only imagine how the family of those little girls must have (and likely still do) suffered.

TURN OVER THOSE KEYS, FOLKS. (just be careful who you give them to)

You are absolutely right...the woman should have never been behind the wheel drinking. Also, I feel this child's own mother was negligent. Why was he out wandering around at 9:00 at night? Sad...Sad..Sad...:(

They said on the news tonight that the driver's blood alcohol level was only the equivelant of one drink, so she will not be charged with DUI.

Denise, I'm not sure how they know that since it was a hit and run and the woman hadn't turned herself in yet (as of 5:00 news).

What did you hear?

I heard the boy was 7 years old and he was out fishing with his brother and a friend, or a cousin and a friend. The first thing that crossed my mind was -- what were these little boys thinking crossing that major highway! :( :( I didn't realize he was hit at 9 o'clock at night! :eek: :( I knew it was a hit and run. I'm glad they caught the woman. :mad:

My dad was rear ended back in 1980 he was at a full stop at a red light a man slammed into him doing 40 miles an hour. The man was mixing his vodka and 7-up in his lap, thats why he didnt see my dad, he was paying attention to mixing his drink.
:rolleyes:

The man was driving even though his license was suspended for DUI'S. Know what he got?
6 MONTHS suspended license.

The next month he killed someone doing the same thing.

:mad:

Something HAS to be done!!!

Thanks Denise. That did change throughout the evening. I'm still curious how they got accurate toxicology tests if she didn't turn herself in until later.

I must say I witnessed one smart soal the night of my wedding. My bridesmaids and I had a drinks with dinner after the wedding. my one bridesmaid and my DH were the car owners who drove to resturant. She handed her keys to the one nondrinker not already driving her keys and said you drive. This was after ONE drink. She chose to trust a more or less stranger with her car b/c she'd had a drink. Smart girl if you ask me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter