This Bridge is Old, Like You! - A July 2017 and April 2018 TR *Completed + New TR Link Posted

Wow, you've got a lot of awesome trips planned! Should be exciting!
Fingers crossed that Alex's next assignment is close to a Disney park!

Getting up early to run is tough. Hills are even tougher (I live uphill, so I know the hill running experience and I can commiserate). But if you stick to it, it can be very rewarding... and I'm super jealous that you're running DLP. That should be a lot of fun.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your Disney (and non-Disney) adventures!

I'm so jealous of all your future excursions! I am so happy you are able to visit all these places and be so well-traveled. I know you wanted to get to stay in Germany, but your next adventure may be even bigger and better. Can't wait to hear more.

All your travel plans sound great, but something is missing. Scotland, you have to go to the land of Jamie & Claire.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your Disney adventures.

I know, I know! I've been trying so hard to figure out how I can sneak in Scotland before we leave. We still don't have anything planned in August or for Veteran's Day Weekend, so maybe I'll be able to get us there!

Sorry to hear about having to transfer, but you never know.... Maybe it will be even bigger and better places!

And that sounds like ALOT of amazing trips!!! I want to hear about all of them!

RIP Malificent Dragon...

Hey let her be her! And really as long as it is weather appriopriate... it doesn't matter. I have to remind my husband of this all the time when Gwen comes down stairs in some ridiculous outfit...

I'm learning day by day how to let Evie be herself. She's such a girly girl and that's the complete opposite of me. It never would have dawned on me to rock sunglasses and big necklace in the parks...but whatever makes her happy. And I can totally imagine some of the outfits your sweet Gwen comes up with! She's a character.

Aw sorry you’re not getting to stay on in Germany but oh my you’re definitely cramming in plenty of adventures before you move on! Crossing my fingers that you get somewhere new and exciting to fall in love with :)
It’s amazing how much Landon and Evie have grown. Such gorgeous kids.
I’m definitely up for just continuing all your travels on this thread cos I’m a tired mum/Granny/daughter/wife/child-minder and that would make it so easy to follow along :):thumbsup2

Haha, I didn't think anyone would mind.

Alex and I tell each other that even if we end up somewhere not so great, we always have the chance to return to Europe. We'd love to come back when the kids are a little older so they can remember some of the experiences.

What a wonderful summer you're going to have! I hope you'll share all of those adventures with us too.

I will definitely include some photos of our summer experiences and hope to write a trip report covering Disneyland Paris.

Wow, you've got a lot of awesome trips planned! Should be exciting!
Fingers crossed that Alex's next assignment is close to a Disney park!

Getting up early to run is tough. Hills are even tougher (I live uphill, so I know the hill running experience and I can commiserate). But if you stick to it, it can be very rewarding... and I'm super jealous that you're running DLP. That should be a lot of fun.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your Disney (and non-Disney) adventures!

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to the half marathon. But also extremely terrified of it. I know it's probably nothing compared to your full marathon training, but there are some mornings when I'm running and I think to myself, "How am I going to keep this going for 11 more miles?!" I know training is a journey and I'll get there, but it's been more of a commitment than I ever thought. I'm pretty sure everyone who knows me knows about this race because I have to plan my days around my training.

I'm so jealous of all your future excursions! I am so happy you are able to visit all these places and be so well-traveled. I know you wanted to get to stay in Germany, but your next adventure may be even bigger and better. Can't wait to hear more.

We are hopeful that we end up somewhere nice. And ultimately, going back to the states is probably the best for our family. Being closer means we can help Alex's mom and his sister wants to start having kids so I want to be around for that. Plus, if we're closer to family then Alex and I can start leaving the kids with my mom and taking more trips just us two. So we're looking at the positives and keeping our fingers crossed we'll get back to Europe down the road.

Wednesday, April 25th, 2018:

I could talk about where our journey started (an old German house in the countryside) and how we came to be in Florida (two long airplane rides and one awesome TSA Pre-check line) and the ER visit we took first thing after we deboarded (Evie dislocated her arm in flight)…but ultimately a travel day is a travel day. And right now, I wanna jump straight to the good stuff.

The DISNEY stuff.

I have precious little compared to past reports that I don’t want to waste time here.

Let’s get rolling!

Since we flew into my parent’s house in the panhandle of Florida, the kids had car seats I’d purchased for last summer and my mom was letting us use her car for the duration of our stay. We spent that Tuesday shopping at all the stores we don’t have over here (*cough* Target *cough*) and eating Alex’s favorite fast food: Firehouse subs. The kids were bored out of their skulls, but my mom bought them both toys and that spread their patience a little longer.

Wednesday morning, Alex and I got the luggage loaded into the car. We had 3 large suitcases, 2 adult backpacks, 2 kid backpacks, and a grocery bag; not exactly a small haul but much better than in years’ past. Living in Europe has done wonders for downsizing our crap. If it’s not a necessity, it’s left behind.

No mercy for extraneous items.

Alex pulled out of my mom’s driveway around 7:30 in the morning, and we promptly stopped at the nearest gas station to top off the tank. As Alex got out of the car, I leaned over the center console and screamed, “DO YOU REMEMBER OUR ZIP CODE?!?! DO YOU?”

Couldn’t have that embarrassing moment from last summer where my brain blanked happening to Alex. After all, it had been even longer since he’d gotten gas in the states.:rotfl2:

All was well. He remembered. We got what we needed and were on our way.

The 6 hours it took to get from Point A to Point B (AKA: Disney) was extremely uneventful and easy. Alex kept the cruise control in a safe range – going from the autobahn to the interstate is HARD, ya’ll – and the kids were amazing in their seats. Considering they’d just been on an airplane for 12 hours and dragged around department stores, I thought they were going to put up a fight. But no. Not a peep. I kept turning around and telling them, “You guys are being so great. This is something even Mommy doesn’t want to have to do, so I appreciate the good manners.”

What didn’t hurt matters was the Chick Fil A lunch.

And the promise of a toy. That maybe more so than the nuggets.::yes::

We had saved the kids’ Christmas money and the cash we’d gotten from selling some outgrown toys and promised the two of them that they could pick out a toy from Disney Springs the day we drove down to Orlando. If Landon so much as seemed like he was getting antsy in his seat, I’d be sure to go, “I can’t wait to see what toy you pick out.” And that would hone his focus back to the end goal.

Kid was like a missile locked in on his target. He knew there was giant Lego store waiting for him with numerous sets at his disposal. Just had to get there.

The plan for the day was to go to Disney Springs for a few hours, walk off the long car trip, then head over to Alex’s mom’s house near the cruise port. We thought we would grab some dinner at one of the restaurants at Disney Springs, but shortly before parking in the garage his mom called and said she was going to have dinner waiting around 6:30.

Uh oh. That wasn’t expected. We suddenly had way less time than we thought.

As Alex parked the car, I set a timer on my watch. We had an hour and a half to go, shop, and make our way back to the car. That would give us just enough time to drive the 45 minutes to the house and be on time for dinner.

We needed to get going!

Alex and I had several missions to accomplish. Everyone was hoping to purchase something, so we needed to focus and be on our shopping game.

It was the challenge Alex had been waiting his whole Disney life for!

The first store we stopped in contained a bunch of bags and jewelry. We went in so fast I didn’t catch the name, but it was just a pit stop to confirm that the bag I was looking for was only available in a park. Then we hopped across the street to a store geared to girls; Alex thought maybe there’d be an outfit inside Evie would want.

There wasn’t. All we managed to accomplish in those two places was wasting twenty minutes of our time and wearing the word Lego into the ground.

Alex had Evie in the baby carrier while I kept track of Landon, which meant I got to hear, “Where’s the Lego store?”

Over and over again.

“I want to get my Legos, Mom.”

“Can we go now?”

“Why can’t we get my Legos?!”

To torture the poor boy some more, Alex insisted we stop in World of Disney and find me a phone case. I had gotten a new phone on this trip and didn’t have a case for it yet. That was tempting fate and Alex was ready for me to stop playing with fire. I needed some protection ASAP.

This also explains why there are zero photos from this part of the trip. I was too scared to take my phone out of my bag.

I wasn’t in love with any of the cases I found. None were living up to the glorious Dooney and Bourke sketch case that adorned my old phone. Never once in the 4 years I had that phone did I change it.

But alas, that was ancient history. Time was ticking…kids were losing it (“LEGOS!!!”) I needed to pick something.

I settled for one of the new 2018 designs with various icons on the back and ended up hating it pretty much immediately. It stayed on 4 whole days, until I had time to run to a Target and buy a brand new non-Disney one.

That was 38 bucks down the drain…Oops.

The time had finally arrived to take Landon to the Lego store. The kid was in heaven. He made me walk around and see every single box set available to him. For awhile he had settled on a Porsche car; I pushed him to getting a Jurassic Park set, Alex wanted another Batman building…at one point Landon begged for a beach box but it was mostly figurines and we knew he’d be disappointed in not having anything to build.

He looked and looked and looked until the search came to its conclusion when Landon discovered a pizza food truck from the City series. Awesome. He’d already gotten the firetruck, helicopter, and fire rescue set from that collection so we knew it was something he’d play with for a while.

Purchase made and toy in carrying bag, the four of us left the store and realized we needed to hustle! Time was wasting.

We rushed over to Once Upon a Toy, where Landon had a mini meltdown because he wanted a Mickey and the Roadster Racers toy that was too young for him and would have been tossed aside after a day. It wasn’t happening.

Alex and I struggled to find something that would keep Evie’s interest. She loved a friend’s Ariel plush, but Alex wasn’t a fan of their faces. He said they looked too weird on their plush bodies.

I made the decision to purchase her a set from the Animator’s Series; Alex didn’t like it, but I thought it would be perfect for her age.

Okay, T-Minus 20 minutes left on the timer. I ushered Alex back the way we came so he could look for a shirt in UNIQLO before we ran out of time.

But first!

I needed caffeine.:drinking1

I stopped by a Starbucks stand and asked for a tall Blonde Roast coffee.

“Sorry, our pot is empty.”

Bummer.

“How long it will take to brew a fresh pot?”

Logical question, right?

Right?!

The worker behind the counter let out a long sigh. Dragged it out an extra two or three seconds and finished it with a big eye roll.

“Well, we can put more on if you really want. But the _____ roast is pretty good. You should give it a try.”

Seriously, guy? You’re really complaining to me about having to do your job? (Despite falling into the category myself, I couldn’t help but think this guy was playing into the millennial stereotype)

I don’t even like Starbucks, but I tolerate the blonde roast and I was desperate. I wanted to be difficult and make the guy brew the coffee I asked for, but I was aware of how little time we had and couldn’t afford the wait. So I indulged the lazy worker and ordered what he suggested, throwing about two ounces of half and half on top to drown out the burnt taste I think all Starbucks has.

Then, we all hurried to Uniqclo where I wandered around with Landon while Alex shopped with Evie. He didn’t find anything that he loved but did see they were releasing some Marvel shirts on Friday, so he decided he would rather wait and sneak back over to Disney Springs that weekend to buy some.

Keep this in mind.

It did not end well…

Without buying anything, Alex and I left with the kids and were headed back to our car when my timer went off.

We did it!

Shopping around Disney Springs in under two hours…HOORAY!

And that was about when I insisted Alex pull out his phone and take a few photos. We had to have SOMETHING to show that we’d been there.

Honestly, we probably would have been better off with nothing.:rotfl:

Landon was carrying Evie’s toy because he wanted to make her nuts and this is what I got when I asked him to show Dad the toy:

01.JPG

Then he took back his Lego bag and when asked to take a nice photo with us, we got:

02.JPG

You can have nice things or you can have kids. You can’t have both.

Fine, we’ll take a family shot with Evie:

03.JPG

Except Evie was still mad that her brother was holding her toy.

Forget it, let’s just keep going:

04.JPG

Mom’s got the toy that way NO KID gets to hold it…

Alex gave it one last try:

05.JPG

Then gave up and we left.

We made it to his mom’s house, ate dinner, and realized we were complete idiots. My family was only spending one night at the house before moving to an AirBnB in Orlando (we drove out of our way for the night for his mom’s sake. Anything to bring a smile to her face nowadays…) and rather than pack one suitcase with everything we needed for the one night, our belongings were spread throughout the three suitcases.

Good grief.

Alex dragged them all inside and left them downstairs, and I just rifled through them all and pulled out what we’d need for the 12 hours we would be there. Such a rookie mistake on our part…

After dinner, Landon insisted we go down to the beach for a bit. I heartily agreed.

Evie demanded to stay at home. She does not think her toes belong anywhere near sand or saltwater. It was kind of amusing, actually.

“I stay here! Mom, I do not want to go to the beach. No!”

Alex isn’t a beach person, either, so he was fine staying behind and opening up her new toy.

08.JPG

While Landon, me, and my MIL all ended up watching the sunset from the beach.

06.JPG

07.JPG

Despite it being almost nine at night when we got back, Landon begged us to let him build his new Lego set, so we ended up staying up until almost 10:30 letting him construct and play with his purchase.

09.JPG

It was a late night, much later than I had planned, and I hoped it wouldn’t interfere with our next day’s plans. The wedding party had a day at Epcot scheduled and we were going to join them!

Up Next…Look Another Bridesmaid

I'm sorry you had to take Evie to the ER! Not the way to start a trip!

I feel like you guys were on some type of game show- how much can we get done at Disney trips in a short amount of time?! It stinks that you were so rushed and didn't end up finding what you wanted (except for Landon of course).

Such nice pics from the beach!!

Man! I am tired just reading about your whirlwin trip to Disney Springs!

Glad you were able to go, though! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your time there.

We've done ER after a flight scenario too. Sucks!

So does having to hurry through DTD. :( But Landon seems super happy with his set, so there ya go!!

The beach shots are super gorgeous! Just lovely!

I 100% agree with Starbucks. I get it fairly often because it's on the way to work, but yeah, burnt. and the horrors... having to actually... work. :rolleyes2

Kid was like a missile locked in on his target. He knew there was giant Lego store waiting for him with numerous sets at his disposal. Just had to get there.
Sounds like me as a kid! Well, who am I kidding...sounds like me right now!

Then, we all hurried to Uniqclo where I wandered around with Landon while Alex shopped with Evie. He didn’t find anything that he loved but did see they were releasing some Marvel shirts on Friday, so he decided he would rather wait and sneak back over to Disney Springs that weekend to buy some.

Keep this in mind.

It did not end well…
Oh no... I hate the foreshadowing!

What a busy year you've got planned!!

I don’t think you guys mind, though, do you? It saves you the trouble of subscribing to a new thread and remembering a new title and really, aren’t we all allowed to be a little lazy from time to time?

We don't! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

And Evie discovering Disney’s a lot better when I let her accessorize the way she wants:
06-jpg.323851

Precious! :lovestruc

No, it wasn’t a full-fledged trip, but it was still time in Disney and many happy memories were created:
07-jpg.323852

This is so amazing!! Beautiful family :lovestruc

You can have nice things or you can have kids. You can’t have both.

:laughing:

Poor Evie! Glad they were able to get her fixed up. I always feel overwhelmed and under pressure at Disney Springs. I need to give it more time someday. I just can't be peeled away from a park - LOL

I read your last update really, really fast! Think it was because I was rushing around DS with you all lol
Thank goodness at least 1 of you got what you wanted-yay for Landon :)
Love the beach sunset photos at the end to provide a beautiful moment of calm to end your day :)

I had missed your travel plans post, but I saw it today, and WOW! You have some great trips coming up this summer! Hopefully after this year, you end up somewhere just as exciting and enriching as Germany seems to have been for y'all. My friend and I were just looking through the ABD site the other day and dreaming of all the European itineraries we'd love to do.

Yay for getting a little Disney time in! We have the same struggle with the kids when it comes to buying stuff in Disney (well, anywhere really) because sometimes they are SO passionate about what they want but you just know they are going to quit playing with it so quick and it will start collecting dust somewhere. We are suckers for LEGO sets, though. DH enjoys building them with DS as much as DS does, so we usually end up getting one or two.

Evie just gets bigger and bigger each TR!

Wow, that was one rushed trip to Disney Springs! I'm impressed that you were able to get the toys and do some browsing in such a short amount of time!

Wow! What a moving installment about the day at Disney with your inlaws. You will never look at Country Bears the same way again. Heck, I don't think I will ever look at it without thinking about your visit to the attraction with your father-in-law and Evie's smiles.

:grouphug:

The Chocolate Emporium place wasn't opened yet the last time we visited Universal. Holy sugar-overload!!!

Glad you were able to work off a bit of it in the hot sun with a round of mini-golf.

Take the girl to Orlando and all she wants to do is walk on the moving walkways….Figures.

moving walkways, curbs, elevators! The whole world is a theme park to little ones.

That is so exciting that you found the Happy Hippos at EPCOT. It is so frustrating to find a favorite treat in another country that you are not able to get in the US.

I'm looking at you, Ting, a delightful grapefruit soda from Jamaica. On our babymoon (although that wasn't a thing 20 years ago), I brought back a 6 pack and had 1 bottle per month, saving the final bottle for a few minutes after my son Nate was born. Whenever I go someplace tropical, I try to get my fix. A few times I have been lucky and found it stateside and once a dad in my son' gym class purchased a six pack on line for us when we both reminisced about how much we liked it.

:goodvibes

I'm sorry to hear that you won't get to extend your time in Germany, but I am hoping that you end up loving the next deployment as much or even more! You are certainly making the most of your time overseas and I am excited for all of your upcoming travel plans.

Great start to your report with a fantastically entertaining first chapter to your kinda-sorta Disney trip. Oh, my, on Evie's dislocated arm. Was she in pain and/or scared? That does not make for a pleasant flight!

I cracked up reading about your trip to Disney Springs. First off, kudos on missions accomplished in a short period of time.

The Lego Store was about the only reason we made trips to Downtown Disney. That and T-Rex restaurant. Those days with my boys have passed, but I have literally tens of thousands of little bricks littering my basement to show for it.

WTH, Starbucks??? You will eventually be getting coffee at your coffee store? I'm not a big Starbucks fan- I drink my coffee black so I don't like the strong, bitter coffee they serve. I can totally understand yo wanting the blonde roast, extra sugar, hold the attitude.

Watching the sunset on the beach does not sound terrible!

::yes::

My in laws were in Germany for about 20 years . After my FIL retired from the AF, they stayed until my MIL retired from teaching DODS . So , yeah , they liked it . My husband’s high school graduation trip was to Spain - mine was Panama City , FL.

Sorry you had such a crazy travel day .

Wow, you are certainly going to taken advantage of being in Europe. . Enjoy your excursions - big and small. Hoping your next assignment brings you as much joy as Germany has .

I'm sorry you had to take Evie to the ER! Not the way to start a trip!

I feel like you guys were on some type of game show- how much can we get done at Disney trips in a short amount of time?! It stinks that you were so rushed and didn't end up finding what you wanted (except for Landon of course).

Such nice pics from the beach!!

That's exactly how we felt! Like in order to win we had to find everything we wanted before the buzzer went off. I wouldn't recommend that method to anyone.

Man! I am tired just reading about your whirlwin trip to Disney Springs!

Glad you were able to go, though! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your time there.

I hope we never have to rush through Disney Springs like that again. It was exhausting!

We've done ER after a flight scenario too. Sucks!

So does having to hurry through DTD. :( But Landon seems super happy with his set, so there ya go!!

The beach shots are super gorgeous! Just lovely!

I 100% agree with Starbucks. I get it fairly often because it's on the way to work, but yeah, burnt. and the horrors... having to actually... work. :rolleyes2

It was not ideal, that's for sure. And made for a longgg flight.

If we hadn't promised Landon a toy, I would have insisted we forgo Disney Springs. I missed a lot of the details of the area by rushing from store to store.

Sounds like me as a kid! Well, who am I kidding...sounds like me right now!

Oh no... I hate the foreshadowing!

Hah! I remember reading about your lovely day shopping at Disney Springs and thinking to myself, "This is the exact opposite of that!"

What a busy year you've got planned!!

We don't! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Precious! :lovestruc

This is so amazing!! Beautiful family :lovestruc

:laughing:

It'll be a busy but exciting year! I'm constantly trying to find ways to squeeze in more adventures.

Poor Evie! Glad they were able to get her fixed up. I always feel overwhelmed and under pressure at Disney Springs. I need to give it more time someday. I just can't be peeled away from a park - LOL

It was not the ideal arrival day experience, but it was an easy fix and so no harm no foul.
Alex loves Disney Springs, but I'm like you, it's hard to spend precious Disney time away from the parks! Maybe if I ever go without kids, I'll make my way over there for a leisurely afternoon.

I read your last update really, really fast! Think it was because I was rushing around DS with you all lol
Thank goodness at least 1 of you got what you wanted-yay for Landon :)
Love the beach sunset photos at the end to provide a beautiful moment of calm to end your day :)

That was how I felt! It was a whirlwind of a time, but I made my kid happy and that's all that mattered. He still talks about that Lego store and how awesome it was...

I had missed your travel plans post, but I saw it today, and WOW! You have some great trips coming up this summer! Hopefully after this year, you end up somewhere just as exciting and enriching as Germany seems to have been for y'all. My friend and I were just looking through the ABD site the other day and dreaming of all the European itineraries we'd love to do.

Yay for getting a little Disney time in! We have the same struggle with the kids when it comes to buying stuff in Disney (well, anywhere really) because sometimes they are SO passionate about what they want but you just know they are going to quit playing with it so quick and it will start collecting dust somewhere. We are suckers for LEGO sets, though. DH enjoys building them with DS as much as DS does, so we usually end up getting one or two.

Evie just gets bigger and bigger each TR!

It's going to be really hard to top Germany, but there are several places in the states we'd love to go because they're close to vacation destinations. We'll have to see. I think there's a part of us that would love to go to England next but our families would be really upset if we got another 4 years away from them.

My husband has fun building the sets, too. I look at it as a good bonding activity for them both.

She's growing up so fast. I'm sure Delilah is, too. Since she wasn't in your Universal report or this Viking Cruise one, I'm sure the next trip report that you cover I'll be blown away by how much she's grown!

Wow, that was one rushed trip to Disney Springs! I'm impressed that you were able to get the toys and do some browsing in such a short amount of time!

It was exhausting, but I didn't want to not deliver on my promise to Landon. But I would definitely tell people to avoid that method if possible!

Wow! What a moving installment about the day at Disney with your inlaws. You will never look at Country Bears the same way again. Heck, I don't think I will ever look at it without thinking about your visit to the attraction with your father-in-law and Evie's smiles.

:grouphug:

The Chocolate Emporium place wasn't opened yet the last time we visited Universal. Holy sugar-overload!!!

Glad you were able to work off a bit of it in the hot sun with a round of mini-golf.

moving walkways, curbs, elevators! The whole world is a theme park to little ones.

That is so exciting that you found the Happy Hippos at EPCOT. It is so frustrating to find a favorite treat in another country that you are not able to get in the US.

I'm looking at you, Ting, a delightful grapefruit soda from Jamaica. On our babymoon (although that wasn't a thing 20 years ago), I brought back a 6 pack and had 1 bottle per month, saving the final bottle for a few minutes after my son Nate was born. Whenever I go someplace tropical, I try to get my fix. A few times I have been lucky and found it stateside and once a dad in my son' gym class purchased a six pack on line for us when we both reminisced about how much we liked it.

:goodvibes

I love that you saved the final bottle as a congrats to yourself after having Nate. That's awesome.
It's a shame you can't get it more often, though. I am sure some of what makes it special is that it's a rare treat, but still. Sometimes you crave something and nothing is more frustrating than not being able to satisfy that craving!

I'm sorry to hear that you won't get to extend your time in Germany, but I am hoping that you end up loving the next deployment as much or even more! You are certainly making the most of your time overseas and I am excited for all of your upcoming travel plans.

Great start to your report with a fantastically entertaining first chapter to your kinda-sorta Disney trip. Oh, my, on Evie's dislocated arm. Was she in pain and/or scared? That does not make for a pleasant flight!

I cracked up reading about your trip to Disney Springs. First off, kudos on missions accomplished in a short period of time.

The Lego Store was about the only reason we made trips to Downtown Disney. That and T-Rex restaurant. Those days with my boys have passed, but I have literally tens of thousands of little bricks littering my basement to show for it.

WTH, Starbucks??? You will eventually be getting coffee at your coffee store? I'm not a big Starbucks fan- I drink my coffee black so I don't like the strong, bitter coffee they serve. I can totally understand yo wanting the blonde roast, extra sugar, hold the attitude.

Watching the sunset on the beach does not sound terrible!

::yes::

We're keeping our fingers crossed that our next base provides as many travel opportunities as Germany has.

Evie was definitely uncomfortable the whole time. It made for a very long flight.

It was a crazy rushed time in Disney Springs, and if it weren't for those blasted Legos we would have skipped the place completely.

Your upcoming travels sound amazing! I'm excited to read about your time in Disney.

Thanks! We just got back from the Netherlands, and it was fantastic. Now we're looking forward to Disneyland Paris.

My in laws were in Germany for about 20 years . After my FIL retired from the AF, they stayed until my MIL retired from teaching DODS . So , yeah , they liked it . My husband’s high school graduation trip was to Spain - mine was Panama City , FL.

Sorry you had such a crazy travel day .

Wow, you are certainly going to taken advantage of being in Europe. . Enjoy your excursions - big and small. Hoping your next assignment brings you as much joy as Germany has .

Oh wow! That's a more common occurrence than I ever would have thought. My next door neighbors are prior military people who decided stay and work on base after they got out, and Landon's preschool teacher (it's a DOD school) has been here for years and years. It's funny how that ends up happening.
But too funny about the differences between graduation trips. Although, Panama City is nice, so not a total loss!

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!