This Bridge is Old, Like You! - A July 2017 and April 2018 TR *Completed + New TR Link Posted

Guys, guys, guys!!

I am popping in here randomly because I have some important news!!

Do any of you guys remember me talking about Happy Hippos?

Well, guess what I found in the Germany Pavilion a few days ago?
IMG_6311 (1) by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

HIPPOS!!!

Hooray, Disney pulls through again. Now once I move back I'll be able to get my candy fix whenever I go to Epcot. I mean, it'll cost me 9 dollars for 5 of them, but supply and demand, right? (I typically pay 8 dollars for 28 of them.)

I just had to share this new information with you all. Have to go back and start wedding prep for my sister in-law now. Then, in two days it'll be Polynesian time. Hope you all are doing great and I'm looking forward to catching up on everyone's reports once I'm home.
Nothing like finding a piece of fun and familiarity is there! Super stoked for you!!!

I enjoy reading all of your reports. I'm jealous that you are headed to Florida tomorrow. I don't envy you flying internationally with two kids, but at least Alex is with you this time. Enjoy it all!

Thank you for reading! I loved going back to Florida but was really over the flying part by the end of it!

You have a long way to go. With every kid I had they kept extending the time they had to be in a car seat. Going to the booster seat was nice.

That is so cute. Hopefully when she old like me she won't mind the treadmill.

I can't even think about dong this in the sun. We have always done miniature golf courses in the late evening or night. It was nice that they wanted to entertain you and the kids.

I enjoyed your report so much. You really know how to time it right. Finish a report as you head back out again. Enjoy the wedding and your Disney time.

Over here in Germany, kids have to be in a booster seat until 12! At that rate, I'll be dealing with car seats forever...

Mini golf in the evening is definitely the way to go. Not right in the middle of a summer day!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Toothsome. It definitely seems like the milkshakes are the star of the place ... but milkshakes are awesome, so I'm okay with that :).

I've done mini-golf in brutal heat (I grew up mini golfing a lot). It's not fun. But at least now the kids have had the mini-golf experience!

Have an awesome trip!

The milkshakes are the best thing at Tooothsome. But if you don't have time to sit down and enjoy one, the sweets from the shop are pretty good, too. We took a box of Macarons home with us and I tried one; it was pretty good.

Oh, sweetie. Thank you for sharing those memories with us. Still in tears. What special memories.

Moving on, what a fun afternoon- but oh so hot- not fun! Glad you had this wonderful trip with your kiddos. Can't wait to hear about the next one! <3 Have so much fun- and so bummed that I just miss you!

I know! Wish our trips could've overlapped. Hopefully one day!

Thanks for the trip report, it was great! And enjoy your trip, hope you have an amazing time!

Thanks for reading!

Really enjoyed your TR - the good, the bad and the ugly :rotfl2:What a special moment with your father-in-law. It's perfect that you and your kids had not experienced it before. You'll never see or hear about Country Bear without thinking about that day. Wow - another trip coming up! I'll be watching for your TR!

Thank you for following along! I enjoyed sharing my experience with Disney in the summertime; I honestly expected it to be worse than it was!

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us all. I loved hearing about your travels. Enjoy your next adventure and definitely get some photos in those frames. The kids and you will love them :)

Thanks for reading and commenting, I always appreciated seeing your replies. :goodvibes
And yes! I have been hunting around for a frame I like. :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed the rest of your time in Florida! Thank you for sharing!

Have so much fun on this upcoming trip!! :cool1:

Thanks for reading! Once I'm caught back up with my day to day life I'm going to come back on the DIS and catch up on your TR! Gotta see more of your PP pictures!:goodvibes

We must be gluttons because we polished off that brownie milkshake when we were there in September!! lol And I'm looking forward to trying the new chocolate chip cookie one when we go back later this year. YUM!! The milkshakes are definitely the star of the show.

I'm glad you had a fun last day, and safe travels home. Enjoy your next trip!!!

I think what might have contributed to our not finishing the shake was how hot it was outside. The thought of all that milk sloshing around in our bellies while we battled the FL heat was not appealing. Plus, I bet if Alex were with us those shakes wouldn't have stood a chance!:rotfl2:

Having been introduced to WDW by my grandmother and great grandparents, I have to say that your update had me bawling. Country Bear Jamboree was my Great Grandfather's ABSOLUTE favorite thing at WDW (he, seriously, had a picture of Big Al hanging in his den - I kid you not) - so, that one moment that you shared touched me in a way that no other TR ever has (and probably ever will). As hard as it was to share, I'm so glad that you did! And, I am certainly glad that you got that day!!

Oh wow, your comment just made my day. I went back and forth a lot on whether or not I wanted to share that day in my report, but knowing it reminded you of sweet memories with your loved ones made it completely worth it. I hope that - like me - we can concentrate on the happy moments and not get too overcome with sadness when we see something Country Bears related. :goodvibes

Wonderful trip report as always, Alicia. Thanks for taking the time to write and share with us. I know how much work they are and it's always encouraging to hear the comments and the banter. Safe trip back to Germany, and I'll look forward to your plans for your upcoming trip(s). Please PM me when you start! I am terrible at finding them. Meanwhile, hope I'll see you on my thread too.

Thank you for reading! I know you've had one busy year so I appreciate the time you took to follow along.
Now that I am back in Germany and mostly over the jet lag, I plan to hop back on here later in the week and start catching up on reports. Have to get through the day to day stuff that's piled up while I've been gone, but your report is definitely on my to-do! I'm very much looking forward to reading about the rest of your Africa trip.

What a rollercoaster of a trip you had! But mostly so wonderful. Thanks so much for taking us there :) I hope you have the most fabulous trip, and I'm looking forward to reading all about it!

Thanks for reading and following along; I'm going to make my way back over to your report once I finish playing catch up on my real life requirements. It's amazing how quickly stuff piles up while you're away!

I see them on amazon too!! Hope you enjoy Florida!

Yes! I will probably utilize them through there when I move back, because I doubt I'll be at Disney often enough to keep a stockpile going. :rotfl2:

Your joy at finding happy hippos made me smile this evening :)
Yay Disney!!

:rotfl: I was pretty excited I found them. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those things that I buy years down the road that'll bring back a sweet reminder of Germany.

Nothing like finding a piece of fun and familiarity is there! Super stoked for you!!!

It was like a nice reminder of home, and I'm sure it will be great to have it when I move back.

Whoo hoo! Can’t wait to try them!

Haha, hopefully your husband can find some the next time he comes this way...it'd be a lot cheaper!:rotfl2: Or, if you're ever curious just send me a message and I can hook you up. :thumbsup2:rotfl:

Just read the ending to your TR - thank you for sharing it with us. It sure is fun and exhausting exploring Disney with kids.

They have them at World Market, too!!
*Hi, I've been reading along without posting! love your trip reports!

Guys, guys, guys!!

I am popping in here randomly because I have some important news!!

Do any of you guys remember me talking about Happy Hippos?

Well, guess what I found in the Germany Pavilion a few days ago?
IMG_6311 (1) by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

HIPPOS!!!

Hooray, Disney pulls through again. Now once I move back I'll be able to get my candy fix whenever I go to Epcot. I mean, it'll cost me 9 dollars for 5 of them, but supply and demand, right? (I typically pay 8 dollars for 28 of them.)

I just had to share this new information with you all. Have to go back and start wedding prep for my sister in-law now. Then, in two days it'll be Polynesian time. Hope you all are doing great and I'm looking forward to catching up on everyone's reports once I'm home.

Hi DIS friends!! I’ve missed you guys. I have been trying my hardest to stay up to date on your trip reports, but the itch to post on my own report has been tickling my brain these last few days.

My family had a successful trip to Florida and have been back in Germany for a couple weeks. Thankfully, there was no jet lag on either end – we have really mastered the art of traveling back and forth – and now Alex is gone on a short work trip while Landon finishes out the last month of preschool. I can’t believe here soon I’ll have a kindergartener!

:eek:

Really!

This guy whom I first introduced in my It’ll Be All Right trip report is now almost in elementary school.
01.jpg
Time flies.

Aside from the vacation to the states, my family have been a bunch of busy bees. We were told shortly after we got back that our extension to stay in Germany another year was denied. Alex is needed somewhere else. Not going to lie, this broke our little hearts and we moped about it for a good long while. However, next year we will set off on a brand new adventure with new places to explore and sights to discover. (We won’t find out where until after the New Year.)

I joked with Alex that we should try to end up in California or Japan…so we’ll be closer to the rest of the Disney parks we haven’t visited yet. :rotfl2:

But because we’re on a deadline, the need to travel and explore has bitten us hard.

It’s our last summer in Europe! We gotta go!

So the first half of the summer, I have the Netherlands, Disneyland Paris, and Switzerland on the agenda. (And Switzerland will just be me. A girl’s trip with friends!)

September will hold the Disneyland Paris Half marathon. I began my training a few months ago, and it’s going well. There are days where getting up to run is hard, but I’ve amazed myself with my motivation. The race is going to be a day I’ve waited a long time for.

Then, later in the year I have tentatively planned for my mom to come back over and the two of us are going to go to Rome. I went in 2017, but this was my mom’s Number 1 Place on her bucket list, and I feel very fortunate to make a dream of hers come true.

And in return, she’s going to watch the kids while Alex and I run off to London. Hooray! This is MY favorite place in the world, so I’m extremely excited to return before we move.

My mother in-law is coming to stay with us for Christmas and then Alex’s three siblings are following for New Year’s. Spending the holidays and frigid German weather with family…

So long as the move doesn’t interfere with Spring Break, a friend and I are planning to take our families to the Canary Islands for a few days, and if I can find the time another friend and I are going to force our brood to spend a long weekend in Dover, England.

I won’t even go into the small trips that are going to happen in between. The Black Forest excursion, drives to Belgium for beer and chocolate, Christmas markets, and many many summer festivals in German villages.

I can’t wait!:cheer2:

Now, friends, you indulged me for quite a while, letting me ramble about all my European adventures and wondering what the point of it all was. Well, besides wanting to share I also typed up this post to let you all know that I’m going to be super lazy and not create a separate thread for last month’s Disney trip.

Nope.

I’m just going to continue my writing here on this report. Perhaps I should change its name to WALT DISNEY WORLD TRIPS WHILE LIVING OVERSEAS, since both have taken place while we’ve lived thousands of miles away…

I don’t think you guys mind, though, do you? It saves you the trouble of subscribing to a new thread and remembering a new title and really, aren’t we all allowed to be a little lazy from time to time?

I’m waking at 5:30 every morning to run up a hill from Hades before the kids wake up and I have to get them ready for school and story time….that allows me a break, right?

Yep, I’m totally pulling the tired mom card on this one.

PLUS! Another big reason is that even though we spent the night at a Disney resort and had 3 days in the parks, it really wasn’t a DISNEY TRIP. It was more, Alex and me getting to sprinkle in some Disney time while focusing on much bigger events. Sure, it was a lot of fun, but it also came with its share of drama and definitely wasn’t a “real” trip.

No way was this an official vacation, and therefore it’s not getting its own thread.

So bear with me, guys. I’ll be back shortly with the first of several Disney updates. If you choose to continue reading, you’ll be treated to our experience at the Poly:
02.JPG

An intact Malificent head:
03.JPG

Lots of Flower and Garden goodies:
04.JPG

Landon going on two new coasters:
05.JPG

And Evie discovering Disney’s a lot better when I let her accessorize the way she wants:
06.JPG

No, it wasn’t a full-fledged trip, but it was still time in Disney and many happy memories were created:
07.JPG

Up Next: Set a Timer and Let’s Get to Shopping

Following along! Sad you weren't granted your request to stay put another year but you have a lot to look forward to before you move!

Your travel plans sound awesome! Looking forward to hearing about your latest Disney adventure as well!

I'm sorry you won't be staying in Germany, I know your family has grown to love it there! But your new adventure will be just as fun, I look forward to hearing where you will be going!

Wow you have a lot planned for the rest of the year! So many exciting things!

I can't wait to hear about your most recent time in Disney! The pics already are so cute!

Yay for new trips and new adventures!! That's sad you will see Germany come to an end, but heck, you've got a plan to eke out some great stuff before you go and you will have new places to check out soon. ;)

Following along still....

I'm sorry you won't be staying in Germany. One of my cousins was stationed in Germany and he and his family never wanted to come home. Now they're in Georgia but miss Germany.

Following along! Sad you weren't granted your request to stay put another year but you have a lot to look forward to before you move!

It should prove to be a busy year for my family!

Yay!!! Looking forward to reading more does my adventures.

We might have only had 3 days at Disney, but we accomplished a lot!

Your travel plans sound awesome! Looking forward to hearing about your latest Disney adventure as well!

There are so many places to go and things to see, that the hardest part over is narrowing the choices down.

I'm sorry you won't be staying in Germany, I know your family has grown to love it there! But your new adventure will be just as fun, I look forward to hearing where you will be going!

Wow you have a lot planned for the rest of the year! So many exciting things!

I can't wait to hear about your most recent time in Disney! The pics already are so cute!

Thanks, we'll be sad to leave but hopefully where they send us will be just as nice. And if not, in a couple more years we'll go somewhere else!

Yay for new trips and new adventures!! That's sad you will see Germany come to an end, but heck, you've got a plan to eke out some great stuff before you go and you will have new places to check out soon. ;)

Following along still....

I wish I could see and do it all before we leave next year, but there's never enough time. However, I think I'm making the most of what I can do.

I'm sorry you won't be staying in Germany. One of my cousins was stationed in Germany and he and his family never wanted to come home. Now they're in Georgia but miss Germany.

I never understood why people raved about living in Germany until I moved over here myself and got settled. I think it's a combination of being centrally located to a lot of countries, the friendliness of the people, the constant selection of weekend activities, the pay, and the jobs being great. Not only have we made great friends and had amazing experiences, but the work climate is positive and good things have happened for my husband's career. It'll be hard to leave but we're hopeful we can't make it back overseas one day down the road.

All your travel plans sound great, but something is missing. Scotland, you have to go to the land of Jamie & Claire.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your Disney adventures.

Sorry to hear about having to transfer, but you never know.... Maybe it will be even bigger and better places!

And that sounds like ALOT of amazing trips!!! I want to hear about all of them!

An intact Malificent head:
03-jpg.323848
RIP Malificent Dragon...

And Evie discovering Disney’s a lot better when I let her accessorize the way she wants:
06-jpg.323851
Hey let her be her! And really as long as it is weather appriopriate... it doesn't matter. I have to remind my husband of this all the time when Gwen comes down stairs in some ridiculous outfit...

Aw sorry you’re not getting to stay on in Germany but oh my you’re definitely cramming in plenty of adventures before you move on! Crossing my fingers that you get somewhere new and exciting to fall in love with :)
It’s amazing how much Landon and Evie have grown. Such gorgeous kids.
I’m definitely up for just continuing all your travels on this thread cos I’m a tired mum/Granny/daughter/wife/child-minder and that would make it so easy to follow along :):thumbsup2

What a wonderful summer you're going to have! I hope you'll share all of those adventures with us too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter