Third Time's the Charm - Feb/Mar 2018 PTR

Four Mickeys in One Day

First off, it’s time for the single digit dance!!!
giphy.gif

We have officially hit single digits in our countdown!

I am so excited that our trip is so close!! :hyper: I am so so so ready for a vacation, but I feel like I am not really ready for our trip. I’ve been meaning to start packing all week, but I haven’t yet. Everything is still randomly piled up on the bed in our guest room. I should try to get around to at least partially packing tonight or tomorrow though because our niece is supposed to come for a sleepover on Saturday and she’ll need a bed to sleep in. :oops:

I was also going to try to get around to posting our daily plans before we go. This is out of order, but I already have this day all planned out, so I’ll start with our plans for 4 Parks in 1 Day.

4 Mickeys in 1 Day - The Plan
dljaTfBegl9v-Wum_oaGWfspVGivIx2FwoE3R-2ankxRp9fxqn39VzVSY5JUajIN_shM_mANPDjZ804Sf8COjT94IF2UNoKvm_iDElsFRJ5Ttm7aQ1PT4BES6isj6tO1A4BNI3Y7lSjzOmdDE1NBCvDoEWxvC5LvKg7vh__AcDxOoUgz-8dZJVQ-6ZHS42t-aMSawyK-0lrD8pU9ERHX6nwis5GtVSdoZAh--w2t0oP2WkxkH3d-cAQHUOUAE6urlMx1PZSLN7yze4GttDx7Inz1WL2BD-b0JkZXB5x1YBchNiPedaCpmIZmFM1LD7sPguV_cdC-_cjaqztNPDx6kukz7ab5qZGHbv_DbA6uyBqWfOLlFvNFQ2eH-WGQ3EeO4pJ7NmeYVarRR932zAAnpL63fP1HhEatJW7ETljE72xL--lpadlbjKMBTVwSV698rhyG36974UtjK8Ol3TiDeKPfQLnFCOz4ue2Uz0mUlPuNZQrqeUW2PRF8VBSp4Yd_fKZca-8qs5mBq3lI_HinIdSb8hZLSXroCvtGcUi8Hh8Kc9WR1qQlS7u47xc1K1HJmS9umRw2KC5wsAu6FhNDMA8WqnjCnnDAqrOFnZI=s500-no

If you remember my post before about our 4 parks in 1 Day plans, in order to make it a “challenge”, we have certain things that we have to do in each park.

At each park, we must…

• Take a picture with the park icon (castle, tree of life, epcot ball, chinese theater or ToT??)
  • Ride at least 1 ride
  • Eat a meal or snack
  • Drink an alcoholic beverage or specialty drink
  • Meet Mickey
First, we have to wake up crazy early!! Like earlier than I have ever woken up at Disney before. We are not really morning people, but we did a pretty good job of getting up early on our last trip. So, our plan is to make it to the Animal Kingdom for their early morning hours starting at 8am. (Ok, I exaggerated, its not THAT early, but it seems early for being on vacation. We actually have 8am plans most of the days of our trip, so hopefully it's not that bad, but I’m going to need lots of coffee!)

wWWlgSNCAv7osIEz4UEflgFEdq5c38n4XmhZpNrge3Php8RPLpf1G44I9a0YWiYUgiqIe5_lWwY64TthuNmhvoJ-40hbGYxdPoELOomac9ZdLyOIxSJinrrVKiKXjDO3v3fciMdMAgDpkTlqmXCvuSWWz-caWr3S6tfgSLCghQhKoe6W4GX64EIR2oIz1lO3imhzKzKwqkh2xR1zo8AaM4TPtIhmx0hafmIpjVer8ugrenBWAGKn6TRFyjbPOMgy35UHljU2QO1oTg1qDi1CjfmiLWxeD8FLoGay6guCszKcd7GhNYzEHcxtbe1mWA4VnfZRHBJcz1-B8wLAEvgBUwsVNbwBAVV5I_aE3qntHHgHOVAa8YYZOoKCwaOdq7cYnEiv_n9f5nRBC916isn1tIDoj8IEKMaTLxRYqtkdHg0zynakysXgcZi4bsayMDYKA0ClJ73kuiqptvaK9EdMMhCasBoJ9FDlMgRuqFBxPQvKhoIYr8pnp_FqEDCqdfexW9tuI3qMxZI5VFG53IFQOKwM1d_xhTNVad6vOet68rhh9gu4RJj_H9QMg9XY_Hen5MAtKA3gwF827IUG_p5cyRs4t-Cp-LguPAwlm_Q=w400-h600-no
The plan is to arrive at Animal Kingdom just before opening at 8am. Get a doughnut at the Joffrey’s stand right outside of the entrance. I love those giant doughnuts! and even though we will not technically be in the park yet, I think this still counts as my food item, as I will be eating it while in the park.

Once we are inside, we will take a quick picture with the Tree of Life and then head back to ride Expedition Everest. If the line is short, we may ride this more than once or we may head over and ride Dinosaur. I’ve heard that everyone heads to Pandora for EMH and the rest of the park is pretty empty. I really hope that is true!

Then we will stop at Isle of Java for the Island Cappuccino (coffee with White Chocolate and Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum). Has anyone ever had this? It sounds delicious, but I can’t seem to find a single picture of it online. I’m trying to figure out if it is iced or hot. I would think iced, but I can’t find anywhere that says for sure.

Anyways, we will take our coffee and go get in line to meet Mickey and Minnie at Adventurers Outpost. They don’t arrive until 9, so I am hoping to be close to the front of the line. We will then have completed all of our five items at AK, so it is time to head to the buses and catch a ride to Hollywood Studios.

jYX0KTohtXNQvrgw2cmz8ropOipZhWiPl_kTHTCkD1Oo75d4j1akrenEgREahiVLolvqSqO0HSw69GFb-nizHocRa8AqGCxyVLvxBF22JIk47zM3UB_99A9iyhD8JTdD1jsIMK6QbWXQOERw50VO2oc5j_UdgmYON_WBM37tv-aX05zNtKntF6H9qvEFfAzzKdfzde6eqTQOKnKRW3oN26VTVPg6NNi8IcYoqGXF6nL0E9OyiN9YC87s56m2wQPFEeysXqFOB4dmhpgnS6G1BIPg7Hz5zGXfWqxYwOdwx074ZIwFamtYhNt1U5Q6lI6wra-kG6V7QIc0sQbkhG-1tb_ylULWlRscnuWMhtOXYicJ_AcEdnKalpPOwwqA6tDnI7OSOMotNMVnLQOyJJRxtFO1xRDedsiDTi7gH4B_sedRbTMqxofZzR_R5iqTsFvNg6FpE9NtvAGt4Fb4eklMHOXNKRdkEgjQcYOg2aE_MGm1zJ09EQzjhLd6QQv4JfKwjMjK1ROR_4plhvsj-zaY_6ombOYF76xzR4DkJ4Pc3LDtBFUJ3-r5h2v5qFBnbWU4fPTPjFOzoq0VZNF9wwTnU1zDc3EGCsSi0L0tIQA=w400-h600-no
I am hoping to arrive at Hollywood Studios by 10am. We need to take our picture with the park icon, but I can’t decide what building would be considered to be the park icon. The theater is the building that is at the end of the first street which is where all the other “park icons” are, but lately they have been using the Hollywood Hotel in their advertising instead. I actually prefer the Hollywood Hotel, so I will probably choose that or maybe we will just take pictures with both and decide based on which picture looks better. I miss the giant sorcerer’s hat!

We will head over to meet Mickey and Minnie Starring in Red Carpet Dreams. I want to do this as early as possible because the line can get long and for some reason, this is the only Mickey that you cannot schedule a FP for. That is also the reason why I have not met this Mickey before, so I’m pretty excited.

After we meet Mickey, it’s time for some rides. I scheduled of first fastpasses for this park and we have FPs for Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. I was going to wait to schedule our fastpasses for the next park and we’d just ride whatever ride at HS had the shortest line, but touringplans predicted that they would all be over a half hour wait at that point and we’ll likely already have about a half hour wait for Mickey. So we will need to schedule the FPs for HS, so we don’t take up too much of our day there.

Anyways, after we’ve ridden the rides, it’s time for lunch. I was really struggling with where to eat this day. We prefer the TS meals, but I was worried that we would end up running late at some point and miss our ADRs or have to skip things in order to make it to our ADRs on time. So as a compromise, we’ve decided to try and eat at the Tune-In Lounge. Then we still get some of the TS food options from 50’s Prime Time, without needing to make an ADR. Plus their drink menu looks really good, so we can also check off the alcoholic or specialty beverage item on our to-do list. DH and I are excited, because this will also be a new restaurant for us, since we have not eaten at Tune-In or 50’s Prime Time before. (Well technically my parents say that we ate at 50’s Prime Time once when I went as a kid, but I don’t remember it at all and all they remember is that they were upset because a can of Spaghetti-Os cost like $7, but it was the only thing that my sister would eat.)

fA1ZmeKZonuDnMi-MawzvJF8gtimzRRfdaIAsHa9vTKHnSEilBNW_MjNRAq48WaQa-vjYqfGocdWEzsnHt0qZZOJf-dtbJSGKreamyCpkHFa0Gr-o_sUsoTrT6LWIS-7zAqJhI8ESU8roWM09k5KryyzD0UEngJZatRdACj31U8hzmKHqzNictX8XpvkC7tO97S30IyGUj2vwyOvdVJxivwNTr4R4I9df-0mjAlGXGnLguzpBAJJElsCUkRXk6AKJHWD-Y6kosl24R1XDWe44FUaHhtvsz6a_s-b5-cEs9pkzztMoq3Ld6_nVFHOG_ZsSkmfemF-8QI2joIKYVFS910jyyVYFrYL7vIn3MiA44iRQAODRdmrOlfUUU8fzUI7n5kMa4bnAJtxjDsLyZ__KFb0Xz3p7V7TMoGGctG2UMtr_U4TZAnlma5HoTAN8yHlzLPqOeMCg1ZDu8pVVRNb-ftdMZloEhhiXM34bbQ56qlmdq5d8Ru7A13x4RQs7xeZfQxoEpV6sYrNKUaMRbbQdD_490O-p4fyxtqqUd7ziG4G2x7jP__sB_OdU1LPY0vTjC7IOt6aLDS5jcY3dyVKcWb-h0B5qzDWvfbuBoA=w400-h600-no
After lunch, it is time to catch the boat to EPCOT. We will enter at the World Showcase and head over to France. Our first stop is Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie for dessert. We both really enjoyed the Duo (White and Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake) on our last trip, so we may get that again. Then we will go to
Les Vins des Chefs de France for an Orange or Citron Slush... OR MAYBE we will go to L'Artisan des Glaces for a Croque Glacé (1 scoop with choice of Sauce in a Homemade Brioche, pressed warm) and/or an Ice Cream Martini (2 Scoops, with a shot of Grand Marnier, Whipped Cream Vodka or Rum). Either way, the plan is to eat and drink in France. I am hoping that we will not be too stuffed from lunch, but we often share meals, so maybe we will do that, so we can save room for the yummy treats in France.

After we eat, we will take the Friendship Boat from Moracco across the lake to Future World. Hopefully, while we are at lunch, I will be able to make a same day FP for Test Track or Soarin’ and we will do that next. Then we will Meet Mickey at the Epcot Character Spot and then ride Spaceship Earth. On our way out of the park, we will take our picture with the “EPCOT Ball”.

ByysgxHue7krNucTJC8LUSyF8L-ci5Okl78wHpgT3nik7TyEsMt5pL6831CsMAcmoYF302KDV-Is2dKgaVu1ZdBC3bEYAkSfq-e2YvK0HjRV4Lsu4iPWN22df82JHwh5HKvdO9XQpBPFvjr9DLVZLCqqgON7bI3xEKA4HxDi0jgCpPInat0BSypMi2S0SS6tfHi_nHLkG5mKMWvgjA9ha0T16WchmkrIeFDVcnynXf-6x7MyjiY1JNGpocqoE6TMX14q9mfPJZKyhyNYIrDfjYGCuvr9IMqYWh6P_N702DqnANJqAsMIgJv7UUzp7orv40dVPV8ujEsJ4YYL0EBNOim67oMeOw_hY4Cy5cBYpZsWpxvn6zOIPGgM8PNlEeG-7V9kupcg1wBtkcBVxCNxDz_sUmrf6uRmtuLYSilMlq4aN0ch9H2Sx3tqVAbCH8zPHrBGk9KOmxRQrs-JejE8jg3D35sHu0K1dtsQek642BTXvZTKItYmAZUMDG3b9G89iDWjrpd7gLn8a1UxbuLZyyyZGU0hzphZwtNyN-ZzgfN4SD_ZRUJ2qGlGtFYK-TfpNwm4F1d4bKUVwxQvbCzJlcWlxupSHpbku1ZhAek=w400-h600-no
From EPCOT, we will ride the monorails over to the Magic Kingdom! If all goes according to schedule, we will arrive around 5pm. First we will head to the Town Square Theater to meet Talking Mickey! (I am hoping we will get really lucky and be able to get a same day fastpass for this too.)

Then we will head down Main Street and take our picture with the Castle before going to the Plaza Restaurant for dinner. Since the Plaza doesn’t take reservations for dinner, this seemed like a good choice for this day. Again we can get TS food, but don’t need an ADR. However, if the wait at the Plaza is too long, then we will have to grab something from a QS restaurant; probably Casey’s Corner or maybe Cosmic Ray’s.

After dinner we will ride three of my most favorite rides: the PeopleMover, the Mad Tea Party, and Prince Charming’s Regal Carrousel. I am also considering heading to Silly Pete’s Sideshow to meet Minnie Mouse, since Magic Kingdom would be the only park where we didn’t meet her since at the other three parks, she meets with/shares a line with Mickey. Although this will depend on how exhausted we are.

I am having trouble deciding on a drink for the Magic Kingdom. They only serve alcohol at some of TS restaurants and even then the choices aren’t great (I prefer cocktails over wine and never drink beer). Therefore, I thought we would just get a fun non-alcoholic drink, but the choices for those aren’t great either. There is the obvious LeFou's Brew from Gaston's Tavern, but does anyone know of any other fun drinks at the Magic Kingdom? I know that there is also the Dole Whip Float, but I was hoping to stay in the Main Street, Tomorrowland or Fantasyland areas, as I think we will be too tired to explore the whole park.

When we have completed the last of our to-do items, we will end our very very long day (which is somehow only 12 hours), by finding a spot in front of the castle to watch Happily Ever After for the first time! Then it's back to the hotel for some much needed rest!!

giphy.gif

This is going to be me at the end of our very long day!

9 Days to Go!!! 240 Days to Go!!! 289 Days to Go!!! I Can’t Wait!!!

First off, it’s time for the single digit dance!!!

So clooooosee!!

At each park, we must…
  • Take a picture with the park icon (castle, tree of life, epcot ball, chinese theater or ToT??)
  • Ride at least 1 ride
  • Eat a meal or snack
  • Meet Mickey

Phew, you have your work cut out for yourself! haha! Can't wait to follow along on instagram with you <3

Then we will stop at Isle of Java for the Island Cappuccino (coffee with White Chocolate and Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum).

Well this sounds delicious...:rolleyes1

We have officially hit single digits in our countdown!

:cheer2:

If you remember my post before about our 4 parks in 1 Day plans, in order to make it a “challenge”, we have certain things that we have to do in each park.
At each park, we must…

• Ride at least 1 ride
  • Eat a meal or snack
  • Meet Mickey

Goodness :eek: that sounds ambitious! I think you have a good plan though! In the future I want to try something like this, but it just sounds like a lot for our touring style.

They only serve alcohol at some of TS restaurants and even then the choices aren’t great (I prefer cocktails over wine and never drink beer). Therefore, I thought we would just get a fun non-alcoholic drink, but the choices for those aren’t great either. There is the obvious LeFou's Brew from Gaston's Tavern, but does anyone know of any other fun drinks at the Magic Kingdom?

I think a Lefou's Brew might work best then? I know they have Goofy's Glaciers (slushies) at the Silly Sideshow that are pretty good.

Day 1 – Saturday, February 24, 2018

Flight Arrival @ MCO: 1:45pm
DME to Check-In @ Pop Century
PM Park: EPCOT
ADR: Teppan Edo (6:00pm)
FP+: Spaceship Earth (3:25pm) & Test Track (4:25pm)

Our pre-travel day is not very exciting. We both have to work. :worried: I’ll probably get off around 3 and DH is planning to be off by 4. I’ll have to check into our flight while I’m on my lunch. I’m hoping to have everything packed already. We do have plans to go to a fish fry with my parents and my sister and her husband. I don’t really like fish, but everyone else does, so I go anyways.:confused3 After dinner, we will probably just hang out around the house and then not sleep because I’ll be too excited that we are going to Disney in the morning!! :hyper:

giphy.gif

This is me too excited to sleep :rotfl:

The next day we will wake up around 6:30am, pack up our last minute things and walk the puppies down to my parents’ house (we live on the same street). Then we'll be on our way to the airport. It’s about an hour drive to DTW airport from our house. We will likely stop at Bob Evans for breakfast once we get to Detroit. Then we will go to airport and hopefully we will be able to use the TSA precheck line. I read that it sometimes does not go through if the KTN is added after the tickets were already purchased, but I’m hoping that we will be lucky and it will work. :rolleyes: We will board our flight and we should be in Orlando before 2pm.

We will take the Magical Express to Pop Century and hopefully our room is ready so that we can change and freshen up before heading to Epcot to activate our annual passes!!! :woohoo: The plan is to be at Epcot by 4. First up is our fastpass for Spaceship Earth and then we have a fastpass for Test Track :car:, before heading to the World Showcase.

giphy.gif

We have a 6pm ADR for Teppan Edo in the Japan Pavilion. We had lunch there on our last trip and really enjoyed it, so we are excited to go again on this trip. ::yes:: After dinner, we will likely find some dessert and maybe a drink while we look for a good spot to watch Illuminations. This is not my favorite show, so we have skipped it on our last two trips, but DH has never seen it and I think he should see it at least once.

giphy.gif

After Illuminations, we had talked about hopping over to the Magic Kingdom, since they are open until 11, but in all likelihood we will be tired and we have a PPO breakfast the next day, so we will probably just go back to our room and go to bed. :cat:

Side Note:
giphy.gif

The snow has all melted and it’s actually fairly warm (60) here today, but it has been extra rainy and gloomy here the past two days and it’s supposed to continue tomorrow. I am so ready for some Florida sunshine!!! :sunny:

4 Days to Go!!! 235 Days to Go!!! 284 Days to Go!!! I Can’t Wait!!!

Day 2 – Sunday, February 25, 2018

AM Park: Magic Kingdom
ADR: Crystal Palace (8:20am)
FP+: Pirates of the Caribbean (10:05am), Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (11:05am), & Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (12:15pm)
PM Park: Hollywood Studios
ADR: Shulas (8:30pm)

For day 2, we will be up bright and early for our PPO Crystal Palace breakfast ADR at 8:20am. This is another restaurant that we really enjoyed on our last trip that we can’t wait to go back to again. ::yes:: The food was delicious and the character interaction was really great too. A lot of times, the character interaction can be very minimal and disappointing since we are two adults, but this one was really fun! :thumbsup2

giphy.gif

After breakfast we will head to Adventureland for our Pirates of the Caribbean FP. It closes the next day for renovations, so I am happy that we will get to ride it one last time in its current version. After POTC, we will go to Frontierland, because we have a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. This is a favorite for both me and DH! :hyper: After that, we will probably stop at the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe on our way to Fantasyland, because I have to check out all of the adorable new ornaments! :lovestruc Then we have a FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Neither of us have ridden SDMT before. We have had FPs on our past trips, but our plans changed and we ended up cancelling them each time. Maybe this will be the trip that we actually ride it! Then it is time to head back to the hotel for a break. I need my midday breaks or I get very cranky. I need some time away from the crowds and the heat. 8-)

giphy.gif

After our break, we will head to Hollywood Studios around 4pm. I’m not really sure what we are going to do here. :confused: HS is DH’s favorite park, so he will decide what we do. :upsidedow I would like to check out the BaseLine Tap House and watch Fantasmic. We end the night with a 8:30pm ADR at Shulas. This is a new restaurant for us and I am really looking forward to it! After dinner, we may head over to the Boardwalk. I would really love to check out the Abracadabar and the Boardwalk Bakery before heading back to our hotel for the night. :cool1:

giphy.gif

4 Days to Go!!! 235 Days to Go!!! 284 Days to Go!!! I Can’t Wait!!!

Day 3 – Monday, February 26, 2018
Park 1: Animal Kingdom
Park 2: Hollywood Studios
QS: Tune-In Lounge (around 11:30am)
FP+: Rock n Roller Coaster (10:00am) & Tower of Terror (11:00am)
Park 3: EPCOT
Park 4: Magic Kingdom
QS: Plaza Restaurant (around 5:45pm)

Day 3 is our Four Parks in One Day which I already explained in detail, but here is a quick overview.

giphy.gif

Us at the Beginning of the Day (After Coffee Of Course)

Wake up super early and head to the Animal Kingdom. Eat donuts, ride Expedition Everest, drink Island Cappuccino, and Meet Safari Mickey.

Ride bus to Hollywood Studios. Meet Sorcerer Mickey, ride Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror, eat lunch and have drinks at the Tune-In Lounge.

Ride boat to Epcot. Have a snack and drinks in the France Pavilion, ride Test Track or Soarin, and Meet Mickey at Character Spot.

Ride monorails to Magic Kingdom. Meet Talking Mickey, have dinner at The Plaza Restaurant, ride the Peoplemover and Mad Tea Party and Royal Carrousel. End the night watching Happily Ever After for the first time.

giphy.gif

Me at the End of the Day (I'm Tired Just Thinking About Our Plans :rotfl:)

3 Days to Go!!! 234 Days to Go!!! 283 Days to Go!!! I Can’t Wait!!!

Day 4 – Tuesday, February 27, 2018

AM Park: Hollywood Studios
FP+: Tower of Terror (9:30am), Toy Story Midway Mania (10:30am), & Star Tours (11:30am)
ADR: Ale & Compass (12:30pm)
PM: Disney Springs
ADR: Homecomin’ (6:00pm)

Day 4 and we’re headed back to DH’s favorite park, Hollywood Studios. At rope drop we will head over to ride Rock n Roller Coaster and then use our first fastpass to ride Tower of Terror. :cool1: Then we will head over to Pixar Place. If there’s time and the line isn’t too long, maybe we’ll meet Buzz and Woody before using our second fastpass to ride Toy Story Midway Mania. :thumbsup2 We will use our last fastpass to ride Star Tours. I rode this on my 2014 girls trip, but it will be new ride for DH. We are not really big Star Wars fans, so we usually skip that area. :rolleyes1

giphy.gif

We had planned to go to Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club for lunch, but the reviews weren’t amazing and it would be easier to just eat at Hollywood Studios, so we are having lunch at Mama Melrose instead. :cool: This is one of DH’s favorite places that we have eaten at Disney World, so he is very excited about the switch :thumbsup2; especially since I had originally told him that we wouldn’t be going to Mama Melrose this trip. After lunch, it’s back to the room for a break.

giphy.gif

After our break, we are headed to Disney Springs for our dinner ADR at Homecomin’. I have been wanting to try Homecomin’ on our last two trips, so I am very excited about this. :hyper: We are supposed to meet up with my uncle and his girlfriend sometime this evening, but I am not sure when yet. :confused3 I had made the reservation for four people, but they may just meet us after dinner for drinks. I’d like to check out Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, the Dockside Bar at Boathouse, or the Rooftop Bar at Paddlefish. I’d also like to do some shopping and get some dessert at Amorette's Patisserie before heading back to our room. ::yes::

giphy.gif

I'm so excited about all of the yummy food we are going to eat next week!

3 Days to Go!!! 234 Days to Go!!! 283 Days to Go!!! I Can’t Wait!!!

Those 4 park in one day plans look awesome, but one thing to save your poor feet:
Ride boat to Epcot. Have a snack and drinks in the France Pavilion, ride Test Track or Soarin, and Meet Mickey at Character Spot.

I would stick with Soarin' so long as wait times allow. If you head towards the Canada side of WS to head to FW following your French libations, there is a short cut that will take you toward the Land Pavilion where you can ride Soarin' and then head to the Character Spot on your way to the monorail!

That's what my sister and I did NOT do on our 4 park day and we were achin' by the time we made it to MK!

Just read through your report and your plans sound awesome!! I may have to borrow your 4 parks idea for a future trip with my brothers, I think it would be too tiring to do with my mom this June.

We have a 6pm ADR for Teppan Edo in the Japan Pavilion. We had lunch there on our last trip and really enjoyed it, so we are excited to go again on this trip. ::yes::

Ooo I want to hear all about it! Josh wants to go later this year.

The food was delicious and the character interaction was really great too.

I agree! CP was a lot of fun when we went.

Neither of us have ridden SDMT before

:eek: you have to it's amazing!

Yay! I can't believe how close you are to being in Disney!!!! Yippee!

First up is our fastpass for Spaceship Earth and then we have a fastpass for Test Track :car:, before heading to the World Showcase.

Perfect start!

After breakfast we will head to Adventureland for our Pirates of the Caribbean FP. It closes the next day for renovations, so I am happy that we will get to ride it one last time in its current version.

Awww yes, isn't POTC just a great attraction? Just so nostalgic

we have a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. This is a favorite for both me and DH!

Mine and my mom's favorite too!!

Neither of us have ridden SDMT before. We have had FPs on our past trips, but our plans changed and we ended up cancelling them each time.

I felt like SDMT was a little more 'intense' then BTMR, but I don't know if thats the popular opinion...:scratchin Anyway, I rode it once and I really liked it, and thats saying a lot because I'm a ride chicken! Can't wait to hear what you think!

I would like to check out the BaseLine Tap House

What is this?! I need to do some research...

We had planned to go to Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club for lunch, but the reviews weren’t amazing and it would be easier to just eat at Hollywood Studios, so we are having lunch at Mama Melrose instead.

Such a difficult decision... but if you aren't staying at the YC or BC, I'd say you are making the right call. It would totally stink to schlep over to the YC and not have a good experience. Hopefully Ale & Compass will get it together soon. DisUnplugged podcast just reviewed Mama Melrose for lunch and it seemed like they all enjoyed their meals.

I would stick with Soarin' so long as wait times allow. If you head towards the Canada side of WS to head to FW following your French libations, there is a short cut that will take you toward the Land Pavilion where you can ride Soarin' and then head to the Character Spot on your way to the monorail!

That's what my sister and I did NOT do on our 4 park day and we were achin' by the time we made it to MK!
Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2 Our plan is to cut down on walking where ever possible, because I know we are going to be sore by the end of the day! :cool: We are going to try to take the boat from Morocco to Future World and then if I'm reading the map right, the shortcut is right there. I am really hoping that the lines for Soarin' won't be too bad (or maybe we'll get lucky with Fastpasses), because I was also hoping that Mickey will be available to meet at the Disney Visa Character Spot next to the Figment ride.

Just read through your report and your plans sound awesome!! I may have to borrow your 4 parks idea for a future trip with my brothers, I think it would be too tiring to do with my mom this June.
Thanks! I'm not good with getting around to writing trip reports (my TR from our Disneymoon in Oct 2016 is still only half finished :rolleyes1), but I will definitely try to update everyone on how well our 4 Parks in 1 Day plan works out. :thumbsup2

Ooo I want to hear all about it! Josh wants to go later this year.
You definitely should go! We really enjoyed it. Plus, we sat with three people that had gluten allergies and I was really impressed with how they handled it. They made all of the gluten free food first and the chef did all of his tricks, then he quickly made everyone else's food. I thought that they also did a really good job of explaining what the gluten free options were and they gave them extra of the vegetables and stuff that they could have to make up for the noodles that they couldn't have. If I remember correctly, one of the dipping sauces was GF but the other was not, so they also got more of the sauce that they could have too.

Yay! I can't believe how close you are to being in Disney!!!! Yippee!
I know! It almost doesn't feel real! I still haven't finished packing :rolleyes1, so now I'm only planning to work a half day tomorrow. I should be officially "on vacation" by 11am!! :cheer2:

:eek: you have to it's amazing!
I felt like SDMT was a little more 'intense' then BTMR, but I don't know if thats the popular opinion...:scratchin Anyway, I rode it once and I really liked it, and thats saying a lot because I'm a ride chicken! Can't wait to hear what you think!
DH's friend rode it when he went a couple of years ago and he didn't really like it and told DH that it was boring (he's a boy, what does he know?!? o_O) so DH has been reluctant to ride it (saying it wasn't worth the time), but we are definitely going to ride it on this trip!!! ::yes::

What is this?! I need to do some research...
A new lounge that opened in HS that opened last fall. It is located where The Writer's Stop used to be. I don't drink beer, but I am intrigued by the fact that they have cocktails on tap. :drinking1

Last edited:
Day 5 – Wednesday, February 28, 2018

ADR: ‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast (10:00am)
AM Park: EPCOT
FP+: Short Film Festival (11:00am), Journey Into Imagination (12:10pm), Frozen Ever After (2:00pm)
PM Park: Magic Kingdom EMH
ADR: Be Our Guest (9:00pm)

giphy.gif

Our vacation is half over!

On Day 5, we actually get to sleep in! (Well what qualifies as sleeping in on this trip. :cool:) We don’t have to be anywhere until our ADR for the ‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast at 10:00am. Lilo and Stitch is my favorite Disney movie :lovestruc, so I am pretty excited about this. I went here on my 2014 trip, but it wasn’t a very good experience. They were running almost an hour late and everyone was really tired and cranky after six long days at the park. :sad2: I am hoping that this experience will be much better!

giphy.gif

After breakfast we are headed to Epcot for the first day of the Flower & Garden Festival. I am really excited for some yummy alcoholic slushies. :hyper: As I mentioned in my past post, there are so many that I want to try. Good thing I can spread it out over two days, so I don't make myself sick :laughing:. I am also excited about the Mickey passholder magnets, especially since this is our first time being passholders :woohoo:. We also have fastpasses for the Short Film Festival (which we may miss), Journey Into Imagination (a first for us), and Frozen Ever After. Once I’m completely exhausted from walking around the World Showcase, it’s time for a break back at the hotel.

giphy.gif

I want all the slushies!!!

After our break, we will probably head over to Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at the Polynesian or Geyser Point at the Wilderness Lodge for a drink before heading over to the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours. :cool1: We also have a 9pm reservation at Be Our Guest. I wasn’t going to make a BOG dinner reservation for this trip since we went there on our last trip (we liked it but I wanted to try new places too), but now I am so glad that I made this reservation. The new menu options do not really sound as appealing to me, so I’m happy that we get to go once more with the current menu. :thumbsup2 After dinner we will probably ride a few rides and then head back to the hotel and go to bed, because we have an early day again the next day.

giphy.gif

2 Days to Go!!! 233 Days to Go!!! 282 Days to Go!!! I Can’t Wait!!!

Day 6 – Thursday, March 1, 2018
AM Park: Magic Kingdom - Keys to the Kingdom Tour (8:00am)(includes lunch)
PM Park: Animal Kingdom
ADR: Yak & Yeti (5:30pm)

FP+: Expedition Everest (6:00pm) & Flight of Passage (7:00pm)
giphy.gif

On Day 6 is probably the day that I am most excited about!

We have to get up super early again (not excited about that part :sad2:), because we are going to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour at 8am!! I am so so so excited about this! :hyper::hyper::hyper: I first heard about this tour when I was planning my 2014 trip and I have wanted to do it ever since. I did not think that DH would ever be interested in Disney enough to take a five hour tour, so I was really surprised when he agreed and now he seems just as excited as I am! :lovestruc I have not read a lot about the tour because I didn’t want to ruin any surprises, but I do know that it includes lunch. The tour should be over around 1pm and I know I will need my daily break back at the hotel. ::yes::

giphy.gif

After our break, we are headed to the Animal Kingdom. First up is dinner at one of our favorites, Yak and Yeti. :woohoo: I’m not usually a big fan of Asian cuisine, so we hardly ever eat it at home, but I do really like Yak and Yeti, so that is must do for us on each visit, so that DH can get his Asian fix. :thumbsup2 We like to get the Honey Chicken, House Fried Rice, and Egg Rolls (But we are considering going there twice during our December trip, so that I can try that yummy burger too. :rotfl:) After dinner we have a fastpass for Expedition Everest before heading over to Pandora!! :hyper: This will be our first time seeing Pandora as we are seriously avoiding that area on our 4 Parks day. We watched the Avatar movie a few months ago and I actually really liked it; which was surprising because I had expected to really not like it. I am really excited to see Pandora and I was even able to get fastpasses for Flight of Passage! :hyper: (Although I am quite anxious about whether DH will fit or not, because he is a big guy and I’ve heard that the fit is pretty tight. I’ve read up on all the tips though, so hopefully he can make it work. :oops:) We will probably stay in Pandora until park closing and then head back to our hotel for the night.

giphy.gif

2 Days to Go!!! 233 Days to Go!!! 282 Days to Go!!! I Can’t Wait!!!

Last edited:
Day 7 – Friday, March 2, 2018

ADR: Garden Grill (8:30am)
AM Park: EPCOT
PM Park: Magic Kingdom
FP+: Jungle Cruise (5:00pm), Haunted Mansion (6:00pm), & Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (7:00pm)

On Day 7, we have another PPO breakfast; this time at the Garden Grill at 8:30am. We have not eaten at this restaurant before and I am very excited about the yummy food, but I am especially excited to meet Farmer Mickey!! He is so cute!!!

giphy.gif

After breakfast, we will wander the Flower and Garden Festival again. We do not have any ride plans for this morning, I just want to really enjoy the festival; taking pictures of all the beautiful topiaries and of course I’ll need more slushies!! I haven’t really taken time to explore the World Showcase on our previous trips, so I’d really like to do that this trip. I am also considering doing the Spike's Pollen Nation Exploration map, to really force me to slow down.

giphy.gif

After our midday break, we are headed to the Magic Kingdom. We have fastpasses for the Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We are also planning to have dinner at Pecos Bills. DH really enjoyed eating there on our Disneymoon, so he is very excited to go back. We will end our last night at WDW by watching Happily Ever After in front of the castle.

giphy.gif

Less than 1 Day to Go!!! 232 Days to Go!!! 281 Days to Go!!! I Can’t Wait!!!

Day 8 – Saturday, March 3, 2018

Check Out @ Pop Century
AM Park: Animal Kingdom
FP+: Kilimanjaro Safari (8:10am), Flight of Passage (9:10am) & Expedition Everest (10:30am)
DME to Departure Flight @ MCO – 5:25pm

giphy.gif

Departure Day is the Worst!!!​

On our last day, we will get up early, finish packing, check our bags, and hop on the bus to Animal Kingdom. The park opens at 7am for EMH, but I am just hoping to be there by 8:15am. First up, we have a fastpass for Kilimanjaro Safaris. I really want to see Augustus the baby hippo, so I hope that he is out playing at that time! After the safari, we may try to catch the 9am showing of Festival of the Lion King, before heading over to Pandora. Even though I am concerned that DH may not fit, I went ahead and made fastpasses for Flight of Passage again (if it does work out, I think he will really like it and want to ride again and if not then I will change these fastpasses). While we are in Pandora, I also really want to try the Night Blossom or more likely the Rum Blossom (the Night Blossom with Rum). We also have a fastpass for Expedition Everest which we love, but I suspect we may end up being too tired to bother with walking all the way to the other side of the park. Although I was planning for us to have lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue and it’s really not TOO far from there. Unfortunately we have to leave the park by about 1pm, because we have to go back to the hotel to catch the Tragical Express. Hopefully leaving won't be so bad this time, since we already have the dates set for our next trip!

giphy.gif

But I don't really want to think about leaving Disney right now, because I'll just be arriving in less than 12 hours!!! I can finally say "I'm going to Disney World today!!!!" :rainbow:

Less than 1 Day to Go!!! 232 Days to Go!!! 281 Days to Go!!! I Can’t Wait!!!

We've been back for a couple weeks now, so it's about time that I got around to starting a Trip Report (See Link Below). Since we already have our next trip planned, I've been experiencing less Disney Depression as compared to after our last two trips :thumbsup2, so hopefully I will actually get around to completing this TR, unlike my Oct 2016 TR. :rotfl:

Welcome back!! Can't wait to hear alllll bout your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!