THINGS TO PACK -Let's Pack Together

I just went to Dollar Tree last night and bought some things for my trip in June!! :thumbsup2 I only spent $20 but I got all kinds of stuff from this list: pop up boxes for organizing my kiddos "stuff" in the room, new toothbrushes for everyone, and these super cool drawstring backpacks for their travel "fun bags"! With 5 kids under 12, and a 20 hour drive, we need plenty of fun things for the trip!

I haven't seen it listed but I actually learned this tip on Disboards, I use a clear backpack instead of a diaper bag. It makes it so much easier to go in the parks.
Dog tag w/ info for my little one to wear as a necklace (maybe) or on shoe
Bug repellant/ citronella bracelets.

Trying to decide :scratchin- T-shirt or Tank top for out April Disney trip? I know it's warm but alot of the rides now have interactive queues which are air conditioned. Any suggestions?

Trying to decide :scratchin- T-shirt or Tank top for out April Disney trip? I know it's warm but alot of the rides now have interactive queues which are air conditioned. Any suggestions?

You could have a mixture of cold/hot weather, even in the same day! I would go for either t-shirt or tank, but add a light hoodie. Something you can easily roll up and put in your bag.

Not sure if this is already on the thread but: glow sticks/bracelets

Glow sticks go everywhere with us. I can snap a glow stick/bracelet and leave it on the night stand to act as a nightlight in the room. I snap a stick/bracelet and attach it to the towel rod in the bathroom. You can also easily take it off the night stand en route to the bathroom. I snap a stick/bracelet and attach it to the stroller at night in the park so I can find my stroller. When DD was little, I attached one to the back of her jacket, shorts... So I could see her if she wandered away from me in the park at night or we got separated in the crowd at night. And what kid doesn't like a glow stick during fireworks?
I've also been known to hang one in the window of our room at CBR when I would go to the food court to get a snack at night. Always knew which room was mine on my return trip.

I didn't see duffel bags.

When we were at the World a decade ago we bought to much and needed to take our clothes carry on. We found these really cool bags at Wal Mart.

It zips up into a little square say 12 x 12 and an 1" thick.

Also another one similar to the glow sticks is a night light. Take out the standard white bulb and use Christmas bulbs. I like blue as its light enough but not to bright.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for mentioning corkscrew. We're getting wine from Garden Grocers and I would have been bummed if we couldn't open it.

Don't laugh. Battery operated xmas mini lights for your stroller. This is a easy cheap way to tell your stroller apart from the other thousands of strollers, plus easy to find at night!

Don't laugh. Battery operated xmas mini lights for your stroller. This is a easy cheap way to tell your stroller apart from the other thousands of strollers, plus easy to find at night!

Where can I find these right now since its not Christmas time!?!?!

Enjoyed reading all of this, but this is my 5th trip...and I just added 40 things to my list...40 things I have never needed on any of the other trips!
I will add the tip envelopes, pop up hamper, body glide and clothespins for hanging wet suits...and I always take the essentials...but it's not Siberia and I need to erase some of the "what if" stuff from my list!

:rotfl: Just checking in after a while away and getting caught up. You are 100 percent right about overpacking. Everytime we go I travel a little lighter. Now I just copy and paste the original list into a word document and erase all the stuff that doesn't pertain to me. It makes it very easy !

Great tips!

Glad you enjoyed them ;)

i need bigger luggage!:rotfl:

I should mention that the list was started before luggage fees :lmao:

The quantity of stuff being recommended here is way out of control. Less is more. If you're packing more than one modest-sized suitcase per person, you're too focused on "stuff" and not enough on the experience. The more you drag along, the more you have to care for, and the more likely you omit something actually important.

Assuming a warm-weather trip, here's what I'd pack for myself:

- One outfit for each park day: shorts/blouse ... or casual dress ... each day's entire outfit neatly folded /rolled up
- One comfortable traveling outfit for your trip back home ... might be yoga pants and a tee
- Two swimsuits and two cover-ups
- One pair of worn-in-walking shoes for the parks: I'd wear Keds with no socks, but you might prefer walking sandals
- One pair of comfortable flip-flops for pool /resort wear
- One lounging-in-room outfit: flannel PJ pants/tee ... something oversized and comfortable
- If any fancy evenings are planned, appropriate special outfits
- Appropriate small clothes and two nightgowns
- One hat, sunglasses

- Toiletries, medicines, first aid, sunscreen
- If you have small children, pool toys or other small toys for the trip or the room

- Small bag for the parks: cross-body bag or fanny pack ... this should also be your travel bag
- Tickets, if you've pre-purchased them ... which might mean Magic Bands
- Upload all travel documents to your phone
- Phone charger for the room ... plus a pocket charger for travel emergencies
- Cash money (including small bills for tips) plus any gift cards or credit cards you expect to need
- One small ziplock per person for keeping phones dry on wet rides
- Glow sticks or bracelets from the Dollar Store

- For each park day prepare an envelope ... on the outside, type out your park plans, including any meal confirmation #s and fast past times ... in the envelope, place the money for meals and other anticipated expenses ... finish it off with a few Neosporin-infused bandaids. This means that on Monday, you just take Monday's envelope, and you're set.

This should all easily fit into a rolling carry-on bag.

The quantity of stuff being recommended here is way out of control. Less is more. If you're packing more than one modest-sized suitcase per person, you're too focused on "stuff" and not enough on the experience. The more you drag along, the more you have to care for, and the more likely you omit something actually important.

Assuming a warm-weather trip, here's what I'd pack for myself:

- One outfit for each park day: shorts/blouse ... or casual dress ... each day's entire outfit neatly folded /rolled up
- One comfortable traveling outfit for your trip back home ... might be yoga pants and a tee
- Two swimsuits and two cover-ups
- One pair of worn-in-walking shoes for the parks: I'd wear Keds with no socks, but you might prefer walking sandals
- One pair of comfortable flip-flops for pool /resort wear
- One lounging-in-room outfit: flannel PJ pants/tee ... something oversized and comfortable
- If any fancy evenings are planned, appropriate special outfits
- Appropriate small clothes and two nightgowns
- One hat, sunglasses

- Toiletries, medicines, first aid, sunscreen
- If you have small children, pool toys or other small toys for the trip or the room

- Small bag for the parks: cross-body bag or fanny pack ... this should also be your travel bag
- Tickets, if you've pre-purchased them ... which might mean Magic Bands
- Upload all travel documents to your phone
- Phone charger for the room ... plus a pocket charger for travel emergencies
- Cash money (including small bills for tips) plus any gift cards or credit cards you expect to need
- One small ziplock per person for keeping phones dry on wet rides
- Glow sticks or bracelets from the Dollar Store

- For each park day prepare an envelope ... on the outside, type out your park plans, including any meal confirmation #s and fast past times ... in the envelope, place the money for meals and other anticipated expenses ... finish it off with a few Neosporin-infused bandaids. This means that on Monday, you just take Monday's envelope, and you're set.

This should all easily fit into a rolling carry-on bag.

We drive so size/weight of bags doesn’t really matter for us. But I will say that packing light is much more of a challenge when it gets cooler at night. We tend to stay out late and on our early March trips, pants and sweatshirts/fleece were definitely a necessity. I’m thinking this will be the case for late November as well. While we don’t pack two full outfits for each park day (shorts and tees during the day), just adding a couple pants and hoodies per person really adds to the load. They just don’t roll up that small!

M&Ms container of quarters and pennies for pressed pennies machines, pressed penny book, autograph book, fat pen for characters to sign with
I love the M&M containers... Just make sure not to put your quarters and pennies in the containers when you are flying.. I made the mistake of doing that and they opened them didn't zip the ziplock back up and they were scattered all over my luggage. I sure won't make that mistake again lol

The Shout color catching sheets are amazing! I never knew they existed. My oldest son started buying Hollister shirts in the very bright floral patterns...I didn't realize one went in the washer and we ended up with some pink clothes:mad:. As I was at the store getting another bottle of detergent I noticed the color catching sheets and my youngest said oh i know about those, I've seen the commercial! Well thanks for saying that now. Anyway, they work, I love them!! :laundy: I love the idea of the battery operated lights for the stroller, wish I had thought about that years ago! Kohls sells a lot of different styles of those types of lights, near the candles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!