Things to do when arriving late

Michael Ventura

Earning My Ears
We are arriving thursday evening (MCO) around 6:30 p.m.
Probably checking in @ ASM around 7-8. I would like to know if anyone could tell me if there are any events and stuff we could see during this time after 8:00 on a thursday night?:D :bounce: :Pinkbounc ;)

A lot depends on how much energy you have LOL! You can swim at hotel, head over to Downtown Disney - I think a lot of stores are open until 11! Also the Boardwalk is very nice - some games to play, entertainment, dining, surrey bike rental etc. I don't think there is a direct bus from All Stars to Boardwalk (a resort) but you could take a bus to MGM and then ferry to Boardwalk (I think you can do this without going in park) or bus to Downtown and then bus to Boardwalk. Having a car makes it a lot easier for stuff like this. Another idea is a nice dinner somewhere. We ate at Chef Mickey's our first night - our girls loved it! We are looking into eating at Boma's in AKL one night this trip - that is close to All Stars too! I think these places are open until 10:00 p.m.

Alot may depend on when you're going - what month. Except for Downtown Disney, if you go during the off season, the bus transportation my be winding down by that time. Also, will you have a car?

We are always tired after a day of flying so we hang at the resort that first night. At AS you could check out the food court, have a swim and a drink at the the pool bar?? My girls must hit the game room and this is a good time to get the hair wrap over with!! I like to unpack and get organized so I don't have to spend "park time" doing that. We also like to get to bed early as we are always ready to hit the parks asap the next day.

If your not early birds.....DTD is a good bet as transportation runs from the resorts until late. If you have a rental car or cab fare isn't an issue you could hit the boardwark, lots to see and do including a good view of illuminations.

Let's see...6/12 MGM open until 9 and Epcot Open until 9.
Options:
- Rest, relax, swim at the resort and get to bed early.
- Go to Downtown Disney and/or Pleasure island (Store open until 11PM, PI open until 1AM
- If you have UPH you could go to either MGM or Epcot. Fantasmic and Illuminations both start at 9pm. If you went to MGM and got there too late to get a seat for Fantasmic, then from 8:30 - 9PM you could probably ride a few things with minimal waits. Keep in mind if the parks close at 9, it usually means you must be in a ride line by 9PM. That means, it might be after 9 by the time you get on the ride and many of the stores in the parks stay open until most of the crowds have left.
- If you didn't want to use a park ticket, you could bus to MGM, then catch boat to Boardwalk. YOu'd probably want to take a cab back to your Resort, though. I'd guess it wouldn't cost over $10 and would be much easier that taking a bus from Boardwalk to DTD, then another bus back to AS.
- Keep in mind you could also take a long walk at your resort and wander over to other AS resorts to check out their themeing. I just love wandering around Disney resort! (LOL)

I think the buses to downtown disney run until 2am. When we stayed at the ASMo in March we took the bus to Downtown Disney then took one to the boardwalk and vice versa. I love the boardwalk and If you time it right you can see the Epcot fireworks. (of course we just happened to be walking that way at the right time)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter