• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Things I learned, tested, or experienced this trip

jen23il

Earning My Ears
Sorry if some of this was posted elsewhere - I'm sure it has been but thought I'd pop it to the top.

1. Fastpass +: We had a Fastpass for Soarin for 9:05-10:05AM, we went and did Test track first and got to Soarin at 9:25AM. Soarin had a posted 30 min standby so we decided we'd ride it Standby then ride with the FP immediately after. After being in line till 10:00 AM and not even to the loading gate yet, we knew we'd miss our fastpass time. But knowing that wait times will not be less then 30 mins the rest of the day we would only get to ride it 1 time regardless so we waited out the standby which was another 15 mins and then tested the 15 minute late rule for FP.
We arrived at the first Mickey head at 14 minutes past our FP time frame - it was 10:19AM, green Mickey head. We then arrived at the 2nd FP Mickey head 10 minutes after that so 10:29, which is 24 minutes late, again we got the green Mickey head and was able to use our FP even though we were late.
As stated through out the boards, for us in the future, we will use the FP in this way-
*Always make FP times for popular rides either late AM or for Afternoon time, arrive for rope drop and either:
a) Ride standby some of the rides that we'd like to ride but usually have average waits through out the day but low first thing in the morning and be able to get more done.
b) if priority is to ride some of the rides we have FP for multiple times, we'll ride those first thing as standby and then move on to the lower standby after that and return for FP again later.

2. Ride closure and you have a FP: We had a FP for Rock N Roll Roller coaster, it went offline 10 minutes before our scheduled FP time. We got notified via the Disney Experience App that we had a change to our FP. We could see our other FP's still listed at their set times, but the RnR was removed from the list. But we had 1 FP to use that was good from that point to park closure. It was unclear to us as if we needed to make a new reservation/FP for one of the rides/attractions that were listed in our notification, for later in the day or what. And RnR was listed in the notification as one of the rides we could use a FP for, but when I went to see if there was any available FP's for it, there were none. We were kind of upset because we thought we lost out on getting a FP because IT deleted our FP because the ride went offline. But we decided to first ride ToT since it was set as our 2nd FP+ and it was going to expire soon, and then try to use the FP for RnR.
Basically what I'm trying to get at. If a ride closes and you have a FP for it, that FP basically becomes a universal FP for any FP ride that is listed in your "notification of the change", for 1 use the rest of the day. No need to do anything else, just pick a ride from the list and go ride it any 1 time you please as a FP.
To me this was not clear in the notification, I thought I needed to make a NEW FP for 1 of the listed FP with a certain time.

3. MK Parade/Fireworks Hub: We usually watch these from the Train station but have found people have found this little secret out and now we would need to stake it out like 1hr before. This time we watched Festival of Fantasy, Boo to You and Hallowishes, from the hub and stood and the Railing - not the railing persay but the raised step that then has a railing on it along Main street and by the Hub. No you are not right up front on the street for the Parades but because you are standing up above people you can get pretty good shots and your not blocking those behind you.
Also I always thought and it just seemed based on what I heard, Main Street and the Hub was like elbow to elbow when it came to these events, which I can't do that. But there was really no one there. At least not what I was anticipating, Hallowishes I could have gotten off the wall and sat on the ground or walked around without really any issue. I know that relative but I wanted to give my feedback on that.

4. Epcot Rope Drop: There was a thread recently on this. We entered from World Showcase and were allowed in all the way prior to park opening (previously - LONG time ago, I remember only allowed to just before the split out to go to Future World), the only places we could not go it seemed was actually into the Pavilions of Future World, so say Test Track, or The Land Pavilion, or The Seas Pavilion. They held you out of there, but you could wounder throughout the park, and go into MouseGears, Starbucks, etc. We could not go to France though (we were hoping to get a bakery item for breakfast but no joy there), security told us WS not open AT all till 11:00AM unless you had table resies at Restaurants.

Hope some of this was helpful to others. I'm sure its been posted elsewhere.

Attachments

• MK HW 2015 -2.jpg
    MK HW 2015 -2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 12
  • MK HW 2015.jpg
    MK HW 2015.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 14
  • FoF 2015.jpg
    FoF 2015.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 12
#2 is pretty awesome.

I've had that happen at MK in both my recent trips (one was due to Pooh being broken down, the other was for SDMT being rained out).

So not only do you get a Fast Pass that is good for the rest of the day, but it is also flexible between many different rides.

It made both days much more flexible. I used the free "Pooh" Fast Pass to ride on Peter Pan after dinner .. and I used the SDMT "free" fast pass to ride it at dark.

That would be a great on-site resort guest perk. .. Simply getting one "flexible" fast pass ... to use any time of day with a choice of a bunch of different rides.

Hi Jen! Thanks for your awesome post - this is good inside info of how some specific things worked for you. I find them all helpful and number 4 pretty interesting. So are you saying you could stand right outside the test track building or that they held you somewhere farther away? Interesting that you could get so much "closer" going through International Gateway - or were you coming from a breakfast ADR somewhere?

Thanks again:dogdance:
Sydnerella's Mama

4. Epcot Rope Drop: There was a thread recently on this. We entered from World Showcase and were allowed in all the way prior to park opening (previously - LONG time ago, I remember only allowed to just before the split out to go to Future World), the only places we could not go it seemed was actually into the Pavilions of Future World, so say Test Track, or The Land Pavilion, or The Seas Pavilion. They held you out of there, but you could wounder throughout the park, and go into MouseGears, Starbucks, etc. We could not go to France though (we were hoping to get a bakery item for breakfast but no joy there), security told us WS not open AT all till 11:00AM unless you had table resies at Restaurants.

Did they hold you out just until offical opening time at 9am? I know that the french bakery opens at 9am in the showcase so that was where we were planning to have breakfast.

No we and I get the feeling the front of the park was allowed in before opening at 9AM.
We were let in to roam the park but could not enter the line queues, we did not get to Test Track before opening as we went into Starbucks for coffee/tea, but when we got to Test Track there was a line outside the queue but this was after opening. My guess is they had that type of line before opening, but outside the queue.

Oh and since we had drinks (hot tea/coffee) we were not let in to the line. That could have been cause we had FP+

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter