They Let Anyone In these Clubs Now! An Aug. 2017 PTR * TR link! 8/17!*

I'm so with you on old school DHS (MGM). It had such a different feeling to it and it was exciting to me way back when. I too am mourning the loss of GMR, as it's one of the last things left from when I went there as a kid. I loved getting to watch my kids experience the same things I had loved. I'm excited for the new Mickey ride, but I'm not excited that they're using the style of animation from the current Mickey cartoons. It looks too much like Ren & Stimpy to me - not a fan. I'd much rather see a classic (and likely more timeless) Mickey design used for an attraction that's likely to be around for decades. But I digress.

Your resort/DHS day looks good. Slower days are great, but I must admit that I did feel a little strange not going to a park.

As for Twin Peaks, I was too young to watch the original when it first aired and DH talked me out of trying to watch it recently when I brought it up. Just finished watching the Handmaid's Tale, which was excellent, if disturbing.

Hope you and your house survive your crazy summer! ;)

It was like being transported back in time, seriously, even though that sounds corny!
Corny or not, I completely agree!

Steve's is the 7DMT one because, well you know,
Yep, we know :laughing:

Villain stamps!
Yay! :thumbsup2

Also I started some preliminary packing today.
Wow, that really means the trip is close! :hyper::hyper:

The boys both loved doing these passports and did them more than once.
Awww, these are so cute!

I don't know why I didn't watch it in 1990 except that I was in college and probably partying too much :drinking1
:rotfl:

If you've never seen it and you're a fan of comedy, 80's movies, or sex, watch it.
:rotfl2:

Hope the luggage tags come soon. Odd we got our tags for our November trip like 6 weeks ago. I've never gotten them so insanely early. More important I hope I can find them come November.
I have clients going in Oct. and she had her tags in April. If there's one thing we can say about Disney, it's that they're consistent :rotfl2:

If you haven't been for lunch Whispering Canyon is great too. We've never had a problem walking up.
Duh! We've been for dinner YEARS ago. I don't know why that totally slipped my mind but I'm going to check the menu.

How have you never seen a star wars movie????? While I'm not a fan by any means, I at least saw the original 3 movies. Where is your 70s/80s child nostalgia :P
lol! I think my parents were beyond SW when I was little and of course there were no boys or brothers in the house. And I was the girliest girl EVER so I was all dolls, Barbies, stufed animals, nothing anywhere near boyish at all!

I haven't had the heart to tell Casey that her beloved shooting lady ride will soon be gone.
Oh man, I forgot about her shooting lady :sad1: It makes me sad you have to tell her.

I love the villain stamps, I must get these! Your trip is coming fast, mine is 35 days out now!
13 days now :cheer2:

Hello Ariane, New Dis poster here, But I've been a Dis reader for a long time
:welcome: to my report AND to posting! Happy to have you :) Posting is addictive lol.

I have a August trip planned that has us arriving at Wilderness Lodge CL on Aug 8th:) Can't begin to tell how excited I am. Hope you don't mind, but if I see you there I will introduce myself. Never actually had a Dismeet before either, although I think I've recognized a few faces in the parks.
Of course I don't mind, that would be great!! Dis meets are awesome. I hope we do run in to each other since not only will we be at the same resort from the 8th through the 12th but we also will have tons of opportunities to run into each other in the LOUNGE! With all the other cool people 8-) Oh, and if you're approaching me and I start yelling at one of the boys, keep coming. Just because they're making me mad doesn't mean I can't be charming a minute later. Especially if you see one of these in my hand :drinking1

This trip for me has us leaving DH at home, so Mom and three kids.
OOh, you're brave! How old are your kids?

Love your trip reports and like all good Dis'ers cant wait til our Disney Days have arrived!
Thank you for the compliment :goodvibes We're close!

Great, now I want all the Tee Public shirts...

:rotfl:
:laughing: Did you go look at the site? It's crazy, the first time I looked at it I think I spent about 1.5 hours doing so. And I loaded my cart up with like, $300 worth of shirts.

I so love the WL!! It's my absolute favorite resort on property!
Me too!! I cannot wait to get back there. I still want to try all the resorts we haven't stayed at, but when I know we're returning to the WL I feel so relaxed and happy.

I'm excited for the new Mickey ride, but I'm not excited that they're using the style of animation from the current Mickey cartoons. It looks too much like Ren & Stimpy to me - not a fan. I'd much rather see a classic (and likely more timeless) Mickey design used for an attraction that's likely to be around for decades.
I agree, I guess I'm excited since I like new rides, I just wish it was a new ride in a NEW building. Don't like the new Mickey cartoon style either.

Your resort/DHS day looks good. Slower days are great, but I must admit that I did feel a little strange not going to a park.
Back in Feb. 2014, we arrived at our resort around 9:30am and hadn't planned on doing a park that day. We were at POFQ. Did the pool and then Downtown Disney later. As I was watching the kids in the pool, all I kept thinking was, "why aren't we in a park???" Since then the only time we've done any type of break was Aug. 2014 when we tried a mid day break. By the 2nd day of that we said screw it, we need to be in the parks. So I don't know if breaks will work as often as I'm planning them but at least we can always just - go to a park!

As for Twin Peaks, I was too young to watch the original when it first aired and DH talked me out of trying to watch it recently when I brought it up. Just finished watching the Handmaid's Tale, which was excellent, if disturbing.
OMG The Handmaids Tale, thank you for reminding me!! Have you read the book? I read it YEARS ago and while disturbing I absolutely loved it. There's an older movie version of the book, too. As for Twin Peaks I'm up to episode 4. Last night Steve was watching episode 3 with me; there's a midget with a foreign accent dancing around all weird at the end (nothing wrong with midgets or foreign accents and sorry about using the word midget, again I'm old) but the combination.........Steve looked at me like, "what the hell were you watching" :rotfl:

To answer your question about Superman - one of the main creators of the character was a guy named Joe Shuster, and he is Canadian :) Growing up, they used to air these "Canadian Heritage Moments" on TV and I always remember the one about Superman. The Heritage Moments were super cheesy, but everyone seems to remember them, and they come up more often than they should in conversation hahaha.

Hopefully this works - I've never embedded a video into a post on here before...

Hi Ariane! Loving your plans so far (I just binge-read through the whole thing lol).

If you're still looking for something good to eat at Sanaa, the Tandoori Shrimp was phenomenal! It's served open face on naan and it was so so so good. Also, if you're looking for somewhere to go and eat other than GS or RF, a ton of people have recommended going over to the Poly because they have two lounges and a good QS option! My husband has already made it perfectly clear that we'll be making time to go to Tambu Lounge when we're there in October! :laughing:

We stayed in the 80's section at Pop back in 2009, in the building directly behind Roger Rabbit. I liked it because it was quiet and secluded, but I never truly found my way around the resort! I swear that I took a different route to and from the room every single time! I was very confused the entire week lol! :rotfl2:

Hi Ariane!

It's been a while since I've commented but I've been reading and trying to catch up.

Sorry you had to change your plans again, but yea that you get to stay CL at Wilderness Lodge! :cloud9: You are going to absolutely love club level, you won't want to stay "regular" again :cool:. Like ever. I love WL too!!

Villain stamps!

Those are awesome!!!

pop up hampers I always bring

OMG, That is such a great idea! We always end up using the plastic laundry bags from the hotel for our dirty clothes but I'm totally going to steal that.

First, I never got around to ordering the dri-fit shirts from the site that Renee @ArielSRL suggested to me because I'm too slow. I was feeling kind of guilty not buying any new shirts for anyone when I came across a really cool 7DMT shirt that @StarWarsMomofGirls! got for her DH and I thought, "maybe it's not too late...." so I've ordered shirts for myself, Steve, and Chris from TeePublic and they SHOULD arrive right before we leave. Steve's is the 7DMT one because, well you know, and I'll leave mine and Chris's as a surprise. I asked Ricky if he wanted one but he said no lol.
Glad you decided to get some shirts. I am going to need to order some from my lady because Chad really liked the dri fit polo, so I will definitely be getting him some more but when I broached the subject of matching shirts, he was all about it. Convert....lol.

Next I got something pretty cool in the mail today! Not trip related but Disney related:

img_6404-jpg.255084
I need to get there and get some of these! I should probably just frame a set because I rarely ever mail anything anymore.

Villain stamps! Yes I ordered 5 sheets, just in case they sold out :thumbsup2
5 sheets? You are obsessed. Btw, did you know that LuLaRoe is going to be releasing villain prints....you may want to check it out as they look incredible!!!

I did however come across this from one of our trips in 2014:

img_6406-jpg.255085

img_6407-jpg.255086
So far, I think the boys have been too young, or at least Will was, this past year but when we actually make it back to Epcot in 2 years, they will probably both be old enough to do this!

One final thing not Disney related! I can't remember who's TR or dining report the new Twin Peaks series was being discussed in but I've wanted to start watching it. I believe it was @Raeven and @ArielSRL who said I really should watch the original series first, so today I watched the first episode and after I finish typing this I'm going to watch the second. I liked the first; it's right up my alley
I thought you might like it!

I don't know why I didn't watch it in 1990 except that I was in college and probably partying too much :drinking1
:rotfl2: You had me wondering how old I was when it came out. So I guess I was a junior in high school when it was on because I graduated in 92.

I love seeing Kimmy Robertson in it, anyone a fan of that wonderful 80's teen sex movie Last American Virgin? I have it on DVD :thumbsup2 If you've never seen it and you're a fan of comedy, 80's movies, or sex, watch it. It's a great movie and she's real fun in it.
I remember the name of the movie but I don't know if I ever watched it. I am going to have to check it out.

And the guy who was the priest/werewolf in Stephen King's Silver Bullet with the late great Corey Haim?? Fabulous.
Loved that movie and I was a total Corey Haim fan girl. I even watched when he did the Two Coreys show with Corey Feldman. And I just looked and that was 10 years ago. Wow. So sad about him passing.

One final thing not Disney related! I can't remember who's TR or dining report the new Twin Peaks series was being discussed in but I've wanted to start watching it. I believe it was @Raeven and @ArielSRL who said I really should watch the original series first, so today I watched the first episode and after I finish typing this I'm going to watch the second. I liked the first; it's right up my alley and I don't know why I didn't watch it in 1990 except that I was in college and probably partying too much :drinking1

Yay so glad you're watching it!

But can I say the acting is a bit much :rotfl2:

I read somewhere that some of it was supposed to be over the top on purpose. Like the teenager scenes were supposed to be overdramatic to the point of satire about how dramatic teen shows those days were. I always think Donna and James's scenes are hilariously over the top.

And Kyle MacLachlan is so young!!!

And adorable!

Steve's is the 7DMT one because, well you know, and I'll leave mine and Chris's as a surprise. I asked Ricky if he wanted one but he said no lol.

Lol! Can't wait to see everybody's shirts!

The boys both loved doing these passports and did them more than once.
These look fun! May have to get the girls some! It will be a good souvenir and a good show and tell for school.

I have clients going in Oct. and she had her tags in April. If there's one thing we can say about Disney, it's that they're consistent :rotfl2:

Duh! We've been for dinner YEARS ago. I don't know why that totally slipped my mind but I'm going to check the menu.

lol! I think my parents were beyond SW when I was little and of course there were no boys or brothers in the house. And I was the girliest girl EVER so I was all dolls, Barbies, stufed animals, nothing anywhere near boyish at all!

Oh man, I forgot about her shooting lady :sad1: It makes me sad you have to tell her.

13 days now :cheer2:

:welcome: to my report AND to posting! Happy to have you :) Posting is addictive lol.

Of course I don't mind, that would be great!! Dis meets are awesome. I hope we do run in to each other since not only will we be at the same resort from the 8th through the 12th but we also will have tons of opportunities to run into each other in the LOUNGE! With all the other cool people 8-) Oh, and if you're approaching me and I start yelling at one of the boys, keep coming. Just because they're making me mad doesn't mean I can't be charming a minute later. Especially if you see one of these in my hand :drinking1

OOh, you're brave! How old are your kids?

Thank you for the compliment :goodvibes We're close!

:laughing: Did you go look at the site? It's crazy, the first time I looked at it I think I spent about 1.5 hours doing so. And I loaded my cart up with like, $300 worth of shirts.

Me too!! I cannot wait to get back there. I still want to try all the resorts we haven't stayed at, but when I know we're returning to the WL I feel so relaxed and happy.

I agree, I guess I'm excited since I like new rides, I just wish it was a new ride in a NEW building. Don't like the new Mickey cartoon style either.

Back in Feb. 2014, we arrived at our resort around 9:30am and hadn't planned on doing a park that day. We were at POFQ. Did the pool and then Downtown Disney later. As I was watching the kids in the pool, all I kept thinking was, "why aren't we in a park???" Since then the only time we've done any type of break was Aug. 2014 when we tried a mid day break. By the 2nd day of that we said screw it, we need to be in the parks. So I don't know if breaks will work as often as I'm planning them but at least we can always just - go to a park!

OMG The Handmaids Tale, thank you for reminding me!! Have you read the book? I read it YEARS ago and while disturbing I absolutely loved it. There's an older movie version of the book, too. As for Twin Peaks I'm up to episode 4. Last night Steve was watching episode 3 with me; there's a midget with a foreign accent dancing around all weird at the end (nothing wrong with midgets or foreign accents and sorry about using the word midget, again I'm old) but the combination.........Steve looked at me like, "what the hell were you watching" :rotfl:

Especially if you see one of these in my hand! Thats where I hope to be too! Kids are getting Disney comfortable now. Just the eight year old I have to watch out for, but his two older sisters are pretty mom-like with him :) Since these days are before we were really planning to I hope to spend as much time at Wilderness Lodge as possible. The only thing I think we must have to hit in the first two days is the Great Movie Ride before it closes. Not sure if we will have to hit Ellen's too or not. We will relax before we hit the ground running with all the scheduled days once our package starts with FPs and dining booked. Are you packed already? I will start by the weekend, If I start too early I will take too much stuff!

Oh well, I was a bit concerned anyway because we're supposed to land at 8:20pm and if we get majorly delayed and land close to or after 10, ME won't get our luggage anyway. Well they will, but most likely we won't receive it until the next morning. So I was thinking we'd just get our luggage ourselves but I hate the extra time it takes.

Hopefully at that time of night it won't take too long. At least you have the option of ME taking your bags...unlike us Canadians lol. We can't do that AND no MB home delivery either...they really do think Canadians come from another planet lol. But I wouldn't want to not get my luggage until the next morning either!!

How adorable is this! Someone had their guide dog in there. Actually not sure if he's a guide dog or a therapy dog, because I thought you couldn't pet guide dogs?? Or is it just guide dogs in training? Either way I thought it was so cute:

I think it all depends on the owner/handler of the dogs. Some have looser rules than others. My dog is a therapy dog - but not a service dog to me - we go and visit others in hospitals and retirement homes. So for us, pet away :) But then I wouldn't bring her to a theme park so I imagine if the dog is in the a theme park it's a service dog lol

irst, I never got around to ordering the dri-fit shirts from the site that Renee @ArielSRL suggested to me because I'm too slow.

Oh where!! I'd love to know where to get Disney dri-fit shirts??

head phones for me for the plane (I don't like earbuds)

I agree, hate earbuds too. You reminded me I need to find some headphones!

To answer your question about Superman - one of the main creators of the character was a guy named Joe Shuster, and he is Canadian :) Growing up, they used to air these "Canadian Heritage Moments" on TV and I always remember the one about Superman. The Heritage Moments were super cheesy, but everyone seems to remember them, and they come up more often than they should in conversation hahaha.

Hey this is good to know. I remember those Heritage moments well!! But not the Superman one lol

I think it all depends on the owner/handler of the dogs. Some have looser rules than others. My dog is a therapy dog - but not a service dog to me - we go and visit others in hospitals and retirement homes. So for us, pet away :) But then I wouldn't bring her to a theme park so I imagine if the dog is in the a theme park it's a service dog lol
Ah I love our therapy dogs that come to the hospital and nursing homes! I have a chicken that loves to be held...
Last trip we saw a young couple with a puppy that had a vest on him-I couldn't make out what was on the vest (she was holding the puppy) so I asked-apparently they were trainers and they start taking service dogs out to busy places to acclimate them from young age to the lights/noise/confusion/smells. The dog they were training was supposed to eventually go to a wounded vet IIRC-and this dog was so obviously used to everything and just the calmest animal.

I've missed so much!! I'm working on getting caught up again, so I'm finally here! I'm sure I'll only just get caught up on the Dis right before we leave for our trip, and then I'll have about a thousand notifications when I get back...

Something important I left out of day 2, is that we'll have transferred to CL at my favorite resort, the Wilderness Lodge! In March Steve took one of my favorite pictures from Geyser Point very early in the morning while I was still sleeping:

YAY!

When I told them we were staying here they both asked if it was a deluxe and Ricky asked if it had a gym, because apparently I'm raising hotel snobs :snooty:

Bahaha this is hilarious! But good to know their priorities, I guess!

Ricky has spent the last month since school ended as well as the last 2 months of school working out for football and basketball. Lately it's 6x a week and when we get back and the actual football practices start it's going to get crazy. So while the break will be nice for him he doesn't want to not work out at all. Steve and I glanced in the WL gym on our first visit but that's it. I love the name, Sturdy Branches!

Good for Ricky! What a great work ethic he has! I'm also hopeful that I'll get to the gym a couple of times during our trip, though not likely as much as Ricky, because I don't want to blow all my running progress in prep for Marathon Weekend in January!

We need to stay in the park because our goal tonight, which might surprise some of you, is to see the SW fireworks at 9:30. Yup! Yours truly, the non SW fan who has never seen any of the movies, is going to watch the show. A few months back Ricky started watching the movies and requested we watch the show; who am I to say no when one of my kids actually ASKS to do something in WDW?

I'm hoping we'll also get to see them. Like you, I'm not much of a SW fan, but Nathan is. Neat that Ricky's found something new he still wants to try at WDW!

One more thing I want to do that has now become much more of a priority than it was, is Great Movie Ride. Christopher loves this ride and if Ricky and I go on TOT or RnRC when there's a long wait for TSMM, GMR is where Steve and Chris always head to. I also love it, although I liked it better when the CM's did the narration. It also is one of the very few things that still reminds me of what HS USED to be and why I fell in love with it. If my first visits to the park had been in say, the last 5 years or so there's no way it would have ever been my favorite park. Back when the Backlot Tour was a tour of an actual working movie stage it was fantastic; I've talked about this here before but - passing the Golden Girls house???? OMG such a highlight!!! And there used to be so much going on along the Streets of America all day long. That's not even the half of it. In my first PTR last year I posted pics of the Stars and Motorcars parade and old character meets there, it was a wonderful park that screamed "Old Hollywood" all over the place. That's what I remember, that's what I fell in love with, and that's what I wish it could still be. The Great Movie Ride leaving, to me, is the last bit of Old Hollywood leaving with the exception of the Citizens of Hollywood and I won't be a bit surprised when I hear they're going.

I'm so sad I'll be missing GMR by TWO DAYS! :( Glad you'll get one more ride. I vaguely remember this side of Hollywood Studios from when I was younger, and I wish I still had more of that charm. I understand the need for change and progress in a company, but I'm sad from what's been lost.

How adorable is this! Someone had their guide dog in there. Actually not sure if he's a guide dog or a therapy dog, because I thought you couldn't pet guide dogs?? Or is it just guide dogs in training? Either way I thought it was so cute:

img_6264-jpg.254552

This is adorable!! My understanding based on my limited time working with people who are blind or visually impaired who use service dogs is that you shouldn't ever pat a service dog when it's "working," or at least not without permission from the human at the end of the leash. But perhaps the person decided the dog could take a little time off duty to hang with the Jawas. I love this!

I asked Ricky if he wanted one but he said no lol.

Lol teenagers.

Is it really? I'm not a comics reader nor a big Superman fan, but did he originate in Canada? @fallonkendra , @MeghanEmily , @Terra Nova guy ??? I know he's from the planet Krypton and that's the extent of my Superman knowledge. I know a little more about Canadian history but um........yeah, not this.

My understanding is that the co-creator was Canadian, but I think technically the actual creation of the comics happened when he was at school with a friend in Ohio? I may have made this up.

But like @fallonkendra said, we used to see videos during tv commercials about little snippets of Canadian History (usually portrayed in unintentionally funny ways) called Heritage Minutes, and I distinctly remember the one she shared about Superman.

I can't remember who's TR or dining report the new Twin Peaks series was being discussed in but I've wanted to start watching it. I believe it was @Raeven and @ArielSRL who said I really should watch the original series first, so today I watched the first episode and after I finish typing this I'm going to watch the second. I liked the first; it's right up my alley and I don't know why I didn't watch it in 1990 except that I was in college and probably partying too much :drinking1 But can I say the acting is a bit much :rotfl2: I mean, lots of big name actors but some of the acting when paired with the dramatic music makes me giggle. And Kyle MacLachlan is so young!!! I love seeing Kimmy Robertson in it, anyone a fan of that wonderful 80's teen sex movie Last American Virgin? I have it on DVD :thumbsup2 If you've never seen it and you're a fan of comedy, 80's movies, or sex, watch it. It's a great movie and she's real fun in it. And the guy who was the priest/werewolf in Stephen King's Silver Bullet with the late great Corey Haim?? Fabulous.

I also decided to give this a try, and as someone who was a small child in the 90s, I find the acting and cinematography hilarious so far! We're only a few episodes in.

@ariane37 I feel like a big dummy. I replied to your last update last night but this morning I realized I missed at least 3 other updates and at least 2 pages. D'oh. I'm going to go back now to catch up. Lol.

Mine turns 70 next month and I still have to figure out what we are going to do. To say she is difficult is an understatement so debating how much effort I want to put into something that she'll likely poopoo anyway

OMG, is your mom my dad?? Lol. He almost always would complain about his gifts! So now we just get him gift cards and I don't even know if Mom gets him anything...lol.

I was feeling kind of guilty not buying any new shirts for anyone when I came across a really cool 7DMT shirt that @StarWarsMomofGirls! got for her DH and I thought, "maybe it's not too late...." so I've ordered shirts for myself, Steve, and Chris from TeePublic and they SHOULD arrive right before we leave.
YEAH!!! Fingers Crossed that they come in time!

Hey, I meant to ask you....have you seen (in person) the new Boulder Ridge villas? I'm already planning for NEXT year and I wanted to make it one of my options when I submit my DVC rental request but the pictures I found weren't really making excited about the place. Thoughts??

I love these! I'm gonna have to get some if they still have them. But no one is as Disney-crazed as us, right?

That's so awesome! I love finding stuff like this, old F&W and F&G passports...random dessert party tags...old KTTW cards. Yes I am a hoarder, but only all things Disney. :laughing:

One final thing not Disney related! I can't remember who's TR or dining report the new Twin Peaks series was being discussed in but I've wanted to start watching it. I believe it was @Raeven and @ArielSRL who said I really should watch the original series first, so today I watched the first episode and after I finish typing this I'm going to watch the second. I liked the first; it's right up my alley and I don't know why I didn't watch it in 1990 except that I was in college and probably partying too much :drinking1 But can I say the acting is a bit much :rotfl2: I mean, lots of big name actors but some of the acting when paired with the dramatic music makes me giggle. And Kyle MacLachlan is so young!!! I love seeing Kimmy Robertson in it, anyone a fan of that wonderful 80's teen sex movie Last American Virgin? I have it on DVD :thumbsup2 If you've never seen it and you're a fan of comedy, 80's movies, or sex, watch it. It's a great movie and she's real fun in it. And the guy who was the priest/werewolf in Stephen King's Silver Bullet with the late great Corey Haim?? Fabulous.

I watched Twin Peaks as a freshman in high school. I really loved it! I'll have to catch Last American Virgin. Sounds like fun, like Fast Times at Ridgemont High?

Hey, I meant to ask you....have you seen (in person) the new Boulder Ridge villas? I'm already planning for NEXT year and I wanted to make it one of my options when I submit my DVC rental request but the pictures I found weren't really making excited about the place. Thoughts??
Just FYI, the new villas are not Boulder Ridge. They are called Copper Creek. Wilderness Lodge is now home to what is considered two DVC properties. Boulder Ridge is the older of the two and in a separate building. Copper Creek was converted from regular rooms inside the Lodge.

We just stayed at BRV in June. We loved it and the resort so much that we are in the process of purchasing a resale contract there at BRV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter