• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thermal underwear

nicola

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell<br><font color=gre
In preparation for our upcoming trip Nov 28-Dec 2 I have managed to find some thermal underwear for DH and myself. I have yet been unable to locate the same for our DS 6 and DD 2. Does anyone know of anywhere online or otherwise where I might be able to purchase same? TIA :sunny:

I am pretty sure that M&S sell it and maybe British Homestores

I got some last year for DD from a local ski wear/supplies shop.

Thats a good idea Joanne. Was it OK ? I do wonder if thermal wear will keep DS warm enough at Christmas in DLP

We bought him a Gortex Sking outfit a couple of days ago ( lots of money off it )
so I think it should keep him warm - but what about the rest of us? Any ideas folks?

Dee, I have just received thermal underwear (long Johns and top) that I had ordered over internet. They are really soft and cosy and cost £7.99 per piece. Ordered Long Johns and top for both DH and myself. I also have snowsuits for both my kids and may just put those on them and not worry about searching for thermals for them. I am just a bit concerned that the snowsuits may be too bulky to walk around in all day. If you are interested in getting thermals for you and DH let me know and I can give you the website.

Any chance you could post details of the website please - thermals for our trip in December sounds ever so cosy :sunny:

Hi
I must admit this thread is making me smile to myself. Who expects to come onto a Disney boards and find a discussion about Long Johns:rotfl:
The web- site address would be useful. Thanks
What fabric are they made of? Are they "picky" ?

Dee,

The thermals I got for DD made her too hot so they must have been good! We went end of Nov and it wasn't cold enough to wear them really. The previous year when we went middle of December it was much much colder.

Joanne

Will hunt out website shortly. Dee what do you mean by 'picky'? :confused3

Nicola

Yep, as I was typing "Picky" I wondered if it was a welsh expression :confused3
I seemed to remember when we lived in england " Picky" met with the same reaction that you've just had to it:charac4: :confused3
I'm going to have to go away and think about this one, not sure of another word for "Picky". I can assure you its not rude though :rotfl2:

Dee, I'm very intrigued now about the meaning of picky. Let me know if you can think of a synonym for it.

We bought thermal underwear for Christmas 2004 at WDW, but had to cancel because I wasn't feeling well. :( We then took them to Alaska in June & had beautiful weather. :sunny: I'm going to bring them along to DLP in Jan. 2007 & they will probably have the heat wave of the century. :rotfl2: Do you think, if I leave them home we'll get snow? :banana: I also bought hand & feet warmers. We were at WDW once during MVMCP & really could have used those, while waiting for & watching the parade. :cold:

tarheelmjfan said:
We bought thermal underwear for Christmas 2004 at WDW, but had to cancel because I wasn't feeling well. :( We then took them to Alaska in June & had beautiful weather. :sunny: I'm going to bring them along to DLP in Jan. 2007 & they will probably have the heat wave of the century. :rotfl2: Do you think, if I leave them home we'll get snow? :banana: I also bought hand & feet warmers. We were at WDW once during MVMCP & really could have used those, while waiting for & watching the parade. :cold:

It WILL most definately be extremely cold at DLP in Jan and you will need all your winter woolies including your thermals, multiple layers, hats, gloves, thick socks ect...

Don't know if the shipping rates and duties would make it not worth it.. but here in the states LL Bean is really great for warm weather clothes-- especially their flannels and long johns. Go to llbean.com and search for underwear.. also have you looked at Hanna Andersson? http://www.hannaandersson.com/ I think they are in Sweden.

Good luck!
--heather

Oh thankyou so much Jill. This site is excellent-great prices and free delivery over £50. Now my kids can be toastie warm on our upcoming trip this Nov. :Pinkbounc

And Nicola, to go back to the Fantillusion dates query, everyone at DLRP is saying it is starting in November.

Oh Elaine, That's excellent news about Fantillusion. Looks like we'll be seeing it unless they pull at sneaky one at the last minute. I am optimistic about this now and I think it'll be ok. Thanks for checking :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter