Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

Booked two ADRs today for Marathon Weekend. Homecomin' and Tiffins! Two of my favorite dining locations. The other days will be dining with friends. Excited for Marathon Weekend even though its so far away.

I rest my case, Your Honor.

I always forget about this thing I started.

Well anyways... After the most eventful registration process I have ever had I am registered for my 3rd Dopey. I was hesitant at first but FOMO is real for me. This might be my last Dopey for a few years though. So I guess I need to get training plans in order now...

Yay Dopey!
Although really, it did seem like registration was a bit of a cluster****. I'm glad it all worked out okay, but ... I think you've had a bit of a rough week.

Yay Dopey!
Although really, it did seem like registration was a bit of a cluster****. I'm glad it all worked out okay, but ... I think you've had a bit of a rough week.
Yep, even outside of registration it has been a crazy hectic week for me and I am not even in school right now.

Life update...

Ok, so running has been few and far between this last week. I guess some for good reason and other just because I have been extremely busy. So there won't be much running talk here.

I am sort of hoping that maybe discussing this will help sort of get over what happens this weekend. If you don't care for high school sports this probably won't be much of interest to you.

A bit of a back story - I have grown up in a very sports centric family. My grandpa was a high school football coach for 53 years (2016 was his final year). He also coached Basketball for over 20 years as well. My Dad has been a high school baseball coach for 25 years and also coached football and basketball. Now I coach football and am what we have dubbed "Head of Baseball Operations" for the same team my dad coaches. I am the official scorer, take care of the team website, social media, photos, fundraising, etc. You name it I probably do it. This year we had 8 seniors on our team, for a baseball team that is a lot. Most of those 8 have been on this same team since they were freshman and have developed into some fantastic players.

Going into this season we had high expectations, not only did we believe we would win our conference, we believed we had the makings of a state championship season. Our season begins mid May and runs until the State Tournament which was July 20th. We accomplished our first goal of a conference championship going 15-1 in our conference. We then went onto win our conference tournament. Entering the playoffs we had the best overall record in school history. We had the number 1 overall seed and a first round bye. Second round we beat a solid team 1-0. Moving onto Sectionals we won the first game 5-4 and then won the sectional final 3-2 in extra innings. We were state bound for the first time in 17 years. Entering the State Tournament we were expecting to win it all. We won the first game 6-2 (which is rained pretty much the entire time).

Then it was time for the final game, the one for all the marbles. The team we were facing threw a no-hitter in the game before that and won with only 1 hit. Well, after 7 innings (normal regulation for WI high school baseball) it was still 0-0. It was really one of the most amazing defensive games I have ever seen. Both teams got out of tough situations and was a showcase of the best baseball in the state. We enter the 8th inning and load the bases with no outs. We score 1 on a Sac fly. We should have been able score more but like I said an incredible defensive game. All we need is 3 outs and the championship is ours. We get the first, go 0-2 on the next batter and bang double over our right fielders head. Ok fine. Next pitch, is wild, moves runner to third. Still only one out so here comes the sacrifice squeeze play. They tie the game. Ok, fine. Next batter walked... Next batter hit by pitch... 1st and 2nd occupied. Lead off hitter at the plate, base hit up the middle... Walk off winner and a loss for us...

Honestly it was an incredible game and one of those games you don't want to see anyone lose because whoever does lose is going to be devastated. This will be one of those losses that sticks with us for the rest of our lives. So much invested into this by coaches, players, and parents. Baseball is one of those sports that one small mistake can cost you an entire game. I know it may seem weird to some to be so invested into high school sports like this but when you come from a family like mine it is hard not to be. Each one of us on the coaching staff has been sort of reflecting on this game since it happened. What if this and that. Emotions were surely had by both coaches and players and even parents. I think that is a sign of a successful team, coaching staff, and support system. Now it is time to rebuild and move forward even though it is hard too.

Well anyways back to Disney/running...

As I mentioned days ago now, I am signed up for Dopey. I have Wine and Dine before that though. I am sort of lacking ambition to get out on longer training runs right now. Being so busy doesn't help either. August 1st is the start of football season for me. We also have our State Fair that week which I work 8 of the 11 days with 2 more of those 11 working another event at Lambeau Field. So I guess my goal for this week is to try and find my mojo again for running.

Oh man, that's a really rough way to end the season. But you guys clearly had an amazing season since you made it that far, and you should be incredibly proud of that! Maybe next year will be your year (which probably wouldn't make the seniors feel any better, but you can't please everyone).

I get that lack of ambition to run getting worse when you're busy. I have the same thing too sometimes. I wish I had a solution to offer you, but ...you just have to go out and find the time to do it. Good luck!

Oh man, that's a really rough way to end the season. But you guys clearly had an amazing season since you made it that far, and you should be incredibly proud of that! Maybe next year will be your year (which probably wouldn't make the seniors feel any better, but you can't please everyone).

I get that lack of ambition to run getting worse when you're busy. I have the same thing too sometimes. I wish I had a solution to offer you, but ...you just have to go out and find the time to do it. Good luck!
Next year will be likely a down year for us. We lose most of our pitching.

Yeah, I know I should run but when I am busy I just don't...

Next year will be likely a down year for us. We lose most of our pitching.

Yeah, I know I should run but when I am busy I just don't...

You never know ... you might get new pitchers who are better than you expected. I know major league baseball is a whole different animal, but the Yankees were supposed to have a down year last year and they ended up making it to the playoffs. You never know when your players will surprise you.

You never know ... you might get new pitchers who are better than you expected. I know major league baseball is a whole different animal, but the Yankees were supposed to have a down year last year and they ended up making it to the playoffs. You never know when your players will surprise you.
That is a good point!

Sounds like a truly remarkable season! It certainly is a tough way to end it, but still, so many other teams would have loved to be in your shoes. It isn't often one gets to coach a team like that. Be proud!

Wow, what a nail biter! Sorry to hear it didn’t end in your favor but it sounds like you should be very proud to be apart of the team!

I’ve been reading along and not commenting much but it sure sound like you have a ton going on! Running and training will come back around for you! Breathe! Enjoy the summer! W&D will be good training runs for Dopey!

Sounds like a truly remarkable season! It certainly is a tough way to end it, but still, so many other teams would have loved to be in your shoes. It isn't often one gets to coach a team like that. Be proud!

Very true.

Wow, what a nail biter! Sorry to hear it didn’t end in your favor but it sounds like you should be very proud to be apart of the team!

I’ve been reading along and not commenting much but it sure sound like you have a ton going on! Running and training will come back around for you! Breathe! Enjoy the summer! W&D will be good training runs for Dopey!

Thanks.

I was hoping to get a half in before wine and dine but I’m not sure that will happen at this point.

I already knew about the game from what you told me, but I still teared up reading the recap ... what a hard-fought game and it sucks to lose like that, but that's the beauty of baseball.

Can't believe you're really in for another round of Dopey Torture. :rotfl2:

I already knew about the game from what you told me, but I still teared up reading the recap ... what a hard-fought game and it sucks to lose like that, but that's the beauty of baseball.

Can't believe you're really in for another round of Dopey Torture. :rotfl2:
Yep...

I know I can’t believe it either! Well I can but I don’t know why I’m doing it.

Print out a bunch of Dopey's all over your house to motivate you to get some runs in! He can taunt you, ha!

I love high school sports! I know some coaches that are very lackluster, do it, but aren't passionate about it, the way you seem to be. The kid's need that coaches passion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter