The Westin Villas in St. John

Sully

We scare because we care
Hi.
I know that this place has been discussed in the past as maybe not a great place to trade into. Has anyone traded into the Westin Villas recently? We are thinking about trying to do this in the near future. We have been to the island twice by cruise ship and ferry and it is lovely. Any help would be appreciated.

Sully

Hi.
I know that this place has been discussed in the past as maybe not a great place to trade into. Has anyone traded into the Westin Villas recently? We are thinking about trying to do this in the near future. We have been to the island twice by cruise ship and ferry and it is lovely. Any help would be appreciated.

Sully
While there are some quirks with the resort, I think it is a fair trade using DVC. It is HIGH season all year round and is very difficult to trade into. If serious, you should plan 2 years out, give as many weeks as possible (like the entire year) and have a backup plan.

I don't think too much of the Westin on St. John. We have stayed in the hotel (not through II) and visited the timeshare section. All of the timeshares are across a street and most are up on a hill. The beach at the Westin is one of the worst on St. John (It's hard to believe there is such a thing but this is it). The water is always cloudy and it is in a protected harbor with MANY boats. This may sound picturesque but keep in mind that the protected harbors in the Caribbean have lots of boats in them and they dump waste directly into the water (it is ground up first, but not cleaned in any way). You can not snorkel at this beach as it is always so cloudy.

If you go to the Westin and are a beach person, you will want to head over to Caneel Bay or to the other side of the island every day.

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter