The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Thanks so much for this information!

You're welcome! Your key will get you into the Wyndham complex either by swiping at the gate arm or showing the gate attendant. It will also get you out of the deck at building six if you are staying there. The other decks don't have arms. Do like others have recommended, get your keys, then walk with purpose toward the exit (there's a side door to the left of the front desk). Have fun!!!

Last edited:
This review worried me a little. We booked a 3-bedroom suite. It's possible they might not be able to secure it? Even though we've paid the deposit? I'm confused about what happened to your sister that got downgraded.
Yes. My sister booked a 3 bedroom, but they could not secure it for her. They told her they could only get a 2 bedroom. She booked in July of last year and was told a month or two before arrival that they could not get the 3 bedroom. Luckily it was just 4 people so my mother could share a bedroom with my nephew. Not sure how common this is.

Yes. My sister booked a 3 bedroom, but they could not secure it for her. They told her they could only get a 2 bedroom. She booked in July of last year and was told a month or two before arrival that they could not get the 3 bedroom. Luckily it was just 4 people so my mother could share a bedroom with my nephew. Not sure how common this is.
So, if I understand correctly, your sister never actually booked the 3 bedroom. She requested the 3 bedroom, VS said we'll try but we can only guarantee the 2 bedroom; a couple months later VS confirms that they cannot get the 3 bedroom.

That is different that having a confirmation on a 3 bedroom, and then having the booking company say, oops, never mind you can't have the 3 bedroom. It sounds like your sister TRIED to book a 3 bedroom, but it was never confirmed. "Booked" is not the same as "requested". Big difference.

So, if I understand correctly, your sister never actually booked the 3 bedroom. She requested the 3 bedroom, VS said we'll try but we can only guarantee the 2 bedroom; a couple months later VS confirms that they cannot get the 3 bedroom.

That is different that having a confirmation on a 3 bedroom, and then having the booking company say, oops, never mind you can't have the 3 bedroom. It sounds like your sister TRIED to book a 3 bedroom, but it was never confirmed. "Booked" is not the same as "requested". Big difference.
I hope this is what happened! We booked a 3-bedroom and paid the deposit. It would be almost impossible for us to randomly have to switch to a two bedroom! I'm a Bonnet Creek newbie so wasn't sure if this was a common thing or not.

You guys are much nicer about your parking pass than me. I simply don’t even go to the “parking desk”. After I check in and they tell me to go to the parking desk, I just say “ok” and walk out the front door. I don’t even bother walking over to them.

This is exactly what we do as well and I would think anyone posting on here would have read the numerous warnings and helpful hints recommending guests to say thank you, know there is absolutely no reason you NEED to go to the other desk not even for a parking pass, unplug the phone I tge condo, and enjoy your stay unperturbed by any sort of sales pitch.

This is exactly what we do as well and I would think anyone posting on here would have read the numerous warnings and helpful hints recommending guests to say thank you, know there is absolutely no reason you NEED to go to the other desk not even for a parking pass, unplug the phone I tge condo, and enjoy your stay unperturbed by any sort of sales pitch.
Totally agree and learned the hard way! I feel my Dh is the kind of person that goes out of his way to have an unnecessary conversation, which of course, he had with them. Then, we received many phone calls daily during our vaca. I think it even started at 8:00 AM. DH caved and agreed to the timeshare presentation. What a waste of valuable time on vaca. We never even used the "free" nights at other hotels since they were not great choices. I refuse to even look in their direction after that trip and do not waste time after checking in to go there.

Well, I was not involved in her reservation process and never saw the paperwork. But, it is my understanding that she put a deposit on a 3 bedroom. To me putting a deposit means booked. A request would be to put a deposit on a two bedroom and then to ask them to let her know if a 3 bedroom came available. She was informed before final payment was due that they could not get a 3 bedroom. Not sure the details as I was not involved.

There are a lot of repeat questions and answers here, as there are on many resort threads. Just wanted to take a minute to appreciate those who helped me so much planning my first WBC stay back when I was a newbie and probably asked questions that had been answered many times. I love this thread for the generally kind tone we have toward each other helping with plans. Would love to see it continue that way!

So funny you say this- because my husband is the same way -too chatty- so I don't even let him come in the lobby but have him work with bell services collecting our groceries the pay it forward bin.

The good thing is even when I've been the sole guest in the lobby after being reminded to stop at recreational desk for my packet and grabbing my keycard none of the employees have ever called out to me to remind me again to go to the desk. So I've never felt they have a really hard sell. Which is good otherwise we would not stay here

Well, I was not involved in her reservation process and never saw the paperwork. But, it is my understanding that she put a deposit on a 3 bedroom. To me putting a deposit means booked. A request would be to put a deposit on a two bedroom and then to ask them to let her know if a 3 bedroom came available. She was informed before final payment was due that they could not get a 3 bedroom. Not sure the details as I was not involved.

It’s odd they took a deposit on a 3 bedroom only to renege later and say they didn’t have it and made your sister accept a 2 bedroom in lieu when it came time to make the final payment. This is the 1st I’ve ever heard of a situation like this. I want to say this is an extremely unique issue and I’ve never heard anyone else have this problem with VS. Your sister just had bad luck with them I guess.

In five years of staying at WBC, I have only heard of one horror story worse than this where someone paid for a reservation with VS, showed up, and there was no reservation in the system for them at WBC. It happened in this thread if you go back a year or two when Wyndham changed how the reservation system worked. Some reservations got “lost in the cracks” during the transition. The family was forced to find a hotel since WBC was sold out. I’m not sure of the outcome with VS but I assume they either picked up the bill at the hotel or VS gave them a refund.

Last edited:
It’s odd they took a deposit on a 3 bedroom only to renege later and say they didn’t have it and made your sister accept a 2 bedroom in lieu when it came time to make the final payment. This is the 1st I’ve ever heard of a situation like this. I want to say this is an extremely unique issue and I’ve never heard anyone else have this problem with VS. Your sister just had bad luck with them I guess.

In five years of staying at WBC, I have only heard of one horror story worse than this where someone paid for a reservation with VS, showed up, and there was no reservation in the system for them at WBC. It happened in this thread if you go back a year or two when Wyndham changed how the reservation system worked. Some reservations got “lost in the cracks” during the transition. The family was forced to find a hotel since WBC was sold out. I’m not sure of the outcome with VS but I assume they either picked up the bill at the hotel or VS gave them a refund.
Yes. I recall that story. Of note we also booked back during the changes as well.

Well after a whole lot of changes and discussion I think we have landed on a date for next year. It’s really hard to plan a trip around high school, work,and college schedules! Never mind trying to avoid major holidays at Disney. Anyway.. it looks like early May will work for everyone next year . We will be reserving a two bedroom for 9 days. When would you all suggest booking (probably with Vacaton Strategy)? I’m not in any big rush, but if people are booking a year out I will book ASAP. I can’t remember how far out we booked in 2015.

Well after a whole lot of changes and discussion I think we have landed on a date for next year. It’s really hard to plan a trip around high school, work,and college schedules! Never mind trying to avoid major holidays at Disney. Anyway.. it looks like early May will work for everyone next year . We will be reserving a two bedroom for 9 days. When would you all suggest booking (probably with Vacaton Strategy)? I’m not in any big rush, but if people are booking a year out I will book ASAP. I can’t remember how far out we booked in 2015.
If you are looking for a 3 bedroom I would book a.s.a.p. since there aren't many available and book quickly.

We are checking in tomorrow. Is there anything I must know. We know to skip the parking pass and that we can request a tower at check in but may not get what we ask for. We're having groceries delivered and we're all excited. I have the email from Bonnet Creek confirming my stay, do I need to print it off or can I just show my phone and ID.

We are checking in tomorrow. Is there anything I must know. We know to skip the parking pass and that we can request a tower at check in but may not get what we ask for. We're having groceries delivered and we're all excited. I have the email from Bonnet Creek confirming my stay, do I need to print it off or can I just show my phone and ID.

Never hurts to have the printoff as a "just in case" but I've never needed anything more than my ID and a credit card. Have fun!!!

it looks like early May will work for everyone next year . We will be reserving a two bedroom for 9 days.
If by "early May", you really mean check out by May 15, you shouldn't have a problem getting a two bedroom at all. Also, check out Tripbound.

We know to skip the parking pass
They might call it a "welcome gift". They made no mention of a parking pass to me. Also, write down the number to your rental car before checking in; they ask for it (this has nothing to do with the parking pass thing).

Woo hoo. We were on the waitlist for a 3 BR for our December trip. One opened up last week and we got it! We are so excited. I had a 3 BR reserved somewhere else but THIS is where I wanted to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter