The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We are in the process of booking two 3-bedroom presidential suites for our first stay at bonnet creek. I think I read back on an old thread that 3-bedroom presidential units are in Building 6. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? I would love to be in the same building as the other family we are travelling with. Thanks!

Who are you booking through?

I read a few pages back, that you can easily skip the timeshare sales people by simply not visiting the parking pass kiosk -- I just want to verify that this is still the case right now, and that I don't need the pass to park a rental vehicle in the lot. I am starting to talk to my DH about some aspects of my trip research for next year and I think this place is my top contender, but he seemed worried about the timeshare thing (we had to go to a few long, horrible timeshare presentations in the past at West Palm Beach and I think he was thinking about that when I mentioned that this resort is a timeshare). I think if I keep my eyes peeled at 60 days or less I could get a good deal on this place that would please him so I want to be able to easily ease his mind about the timeshare thing.

I just sent my daughter and her family to a Wyndham. I told her not to go to a presentation. So at the dreaded parking pass desk, the representative started pushing and pushing. And then my daughter remembered to say what I told her: "We only make $50,000 a year." That little sentence and they were out of there, parking pass in hand.

WBC is a bit trickier with presentations/updates. They told my kids that they could go to the magic show, and then they were turned away seeing that we were already owners. And then they demanded that my husband be present. I've done plenty of updates without him. So, I've decided to list him on my reservation and not have him at the check-in desk (whether he is traveling with us or not.)

I've found that my satisfaction with a Wyndham stay is directly correlated to my ability to avoid the timeshare side of business (since what you have is never good enough according to them) and to just interact with the Wyndham staff that actually cares whether or not you have a nice stay.

At 60 days, some of the VIP owners will get upgrades (and point discounts) so inventory opens up a bit.

I am having a hard time finding a decent rental for Sept 8thru 15th. Is it too early for deals and listings to come out without paying over 1k.

Sept 8-15 is available for 1 and 2 bedroom units. But remember it is hurricane season and September 10 is the most likely date for a hurricane to occur. And it is Disney free dining time as well.

So do I just book right on VRBO and the resort will get my reservation?

You buy a reservation from a timeshare owner, or a business that sells reservations for timeshare owners so they can recoup some of their fees.

They make the reservation and put your name on it. This is all perfect legitimate and allowed.

WBC slots the rooms, not the timeshare owner. When you check in you can request a certain tower or area, but no guarantees you'll get what you ask for. At WBC the slotting of rooms is random, not segregated by view like at the Disney resorts.

Sept 8-15 is available for 1 and 2 bedroom units. But remember it is hurricane season and September 10 is the most likely date for a hurricane to occur. And it is Disney free dining time as well.

When you try to book early you will pay a premium for reservations at WBC. At 60 days you will find cheaper reservations.

When you try to book early you will pay a premium for reservations at WBC. At 60 days you will find cheaper reservations.

Not a premium, just the regular price. Some owners get a discount and upgrades, but you can't count on those and the savings may not be passed along to the renter.

And you can't wait for the 60 day mark for some dates. I'm sitting on a 4 bedroom Presidential for Christmas. That reservation is not going to be cheaper at the 60 day mark.

My reservation was buried many screens into the computer system (apparently), so the parking desk didnt even have my name on the list so they gave me the welcome folder and I went on my way.

And that was a terrifying experience for a short time thinking that my vendor didnt make the reservation. Thankfully my desk agent was a star and knew what places to look.

Have any Bonnet Creek fans here visited the Disney water parks?

We think the entire water complex at Bonnet Creek is amazing, but we’ve never tried the water parks. I’m wondering if they’re worth spending $ on when we’re already staying at such a nice resort?

We think the entire water complex at Bonnet Creek is amazing, but we’ve never tried the water parks. I’m wondering if they’re worth spending $ on when we’re already staying at such a nice resort?

Typhoon Lagoon is actually our favorite Disney park. We are taking a break from 2 consecutive years of AP. $130 for an AP water park pass is a steal. We love the 6 foot wave pool. I can sit on the edge of the water with waves splashing on my feet ALL DAY LONG.

We just had a couple of nights at WBC. The pools were still pretty chilly. And the sales department aggravated me so much that I just did not want to hang out there at all. So we had an awesome time at Typhoon Lagoon (albeit really sunburned.)

We love Typhoon Lagoon too. It is a must do for us even when we take a no parks trip. My son can’t get enough of the wave pool and the new family raft ride is a lot of fun too.

You guys are much nicer about your parking pass than me. I simply don’t even go to the “parking desk”. After I check in and they tell me to go to the parking desk, I just say “ok” and walk out the front door. I don’t even bother walking over to them.

Thanks everyone. I am gonna hold out until the 60 day mark and take my chances. With so many options in the area. I’m not to worried about finding accommodations. My daughter just really wanted to try Bonnet Creek.

Thank you both! We’re not huge park people. We typically only do one Disney park day while staying at Bonnet Creek. But next time I’m thinking about buying a 1-Day Hopper Plus ticket (one park day and *two* water park admissions). I was worried it might be too much water park time. Like, would we just wish we had stayed back at Bonnet Creek? But it sounds like the water parks offer something that Bonnet Creek’s pools do not.

Typhoon Lagoon is actually our favorite Disney park. We are taking a break from 2 consecutive years of AP. $130 for an AP water park pass is a steal. We love the 6 foot wave pool. I can sit on the edge of the water with waves splashing on my feet ALL DAY LONG.

We just had a couple of nights at WBC. The pools were still pretty chilly. And the sales department aggravated me so much that I just did not want to hang out there at all. So we had an awesome time at Typhoon Lagoon (albeit really sunburned.)

We love Typhoon Lagoon too. It is a must do for us even when we take a no parks trip. My son can’t get enough of the wave pool and the new family raft ride is a lot of fun too.

We checked out this morning. We booked through Vacation Strategy this time. We have used booking.com and Farrell's in the past. We book a two bedroom and have gotten upgraded to 3 bedrooms in the past. We thought the chance of an upgrade were slim to none with the new system. Much to our surprise we were upgraded to a 3 bedroom. Two of my sister's and their families checked in the same day, also booking through Vacation Strategy. One sister booked a two bedroom and that is what she got. The other booked a three bedroom and was contacted by Vacation Strategy in advance that they could not get her one and she had to accept a 2 bedroom and that is what she got. I am guessing the resort and not Vacation Strategy gave us our upgrade, but it was a nice surprise. We were in Tower 2 and our unit and another sister had newly refurbished units. They looked brand new. My other sister was in Tower 4 and her unit had not been refurbished. Tower 2 5th floor and higher facing the lake/activity center have EPCOT fireworks views. We also watched the fireworks one night from the 7th floor 4 bedroom presidential unit that they use for timeshare tours. Beautiful unit. Not sure if you need an invite to watch from there.
This review worried me a little. We booked a 3-bedroom suite. It's possible they might not be able to secure it? Even though we've paid the deposit? I'm confused about what happened to your sister that got downgraded.

We unplug the villa phone as soon as we walk in the door.
I have a grocery delivery scheduled for tomorrow night. We had to put off our arrival until Tuesday. Will Bonnet Creek hold our groceries until we check in?

They were that bad? This worries me a little :(

Simply don't go to the "parking/welcome desk". You don't have to go there once you are checked in. You get to avoid the entire spiel by simply walking right out of the lobby once you are finished and checked-in and they hand you your key cards.

Simply don't go to the "parking/welcome desk". You don't have to go there once you are checked in. You get to avoid the entire spiel by simply walking right out of the lobby once you are finished and checked-in and they hand you your key cards.

Is the parking pass included in the welcome packet? If not, I'm guessing we have to go to the parking pass desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter