The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I also wanted to report on my experience with Skyauction.com. They are legit. I booked through them using the "buyitnow" option back in ~June. It is an RCI certificate booking, not direct through the resort. As such the reservation was listed as "unassigned" in the Wyndham system. It created some confusion at check in until I told them it was an RCI booking. Then they were able to find it and it was no issue.

I have been watching redweek for Bonnet Creek weeks in early December. Right now it's flooded with September weeks, but am I fooling myself that it will be the same the closer we get to October, November, December? Or is September just a time that people are trying to get rid of accommodations there and December is slim pickings? I just don't want to make a huge mistake waiting and then not finding a place to stay.

I need a three bedroom the last week of Nov/start of Dec. I am trying to wait until 60 days out to really start looking but I am nervous about availability. I think last minute is really the best at WBC but it is nerve wracking!

At least, that is what I am understanding, that it is best to wait until 60 days out. Does that still seem to be the case? Anyone want to offer input?

I've tried the same for October with no luck. eBay and Redweek dont have the dates I'm looking for (10/11-10/18). Haven't tried Tugbbs.com tho. Thanks, will do that!

When people book stays on speculation to rent, they rarely will book a Wednesday-Wednesday. In the timeshare world you're still going to find most stays booked on speculation start on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks, that's what I figured! Most of the places I've contacted said that the later 1/2 of that week still has availability. It's the first half that is totally booked.

In case anyone is interested. I am at WBC now and they have given everyone notices asking that everyone evacuate by tomorrow morning. They did say that if you can't evacuate, that you can stay, however, expect long periods of no food, no water, no power and no services for an extended period of time. They trimmed back a ton of the trees near our building (VC) and have sand bags sitting by all the doors (not in place yet). They have asked that everyone move the patio furniture inside by tomorrow at 10am.

We are supposed to fly out tomorrow at noon, all flights after 4 pm are cancelled. Wyndham has said that if you get stuck after check out they will "look into availability" but I think we have decided if our flight gets cancelled we are going to start driving.

Also it is almost freakishly empty here. There are only three cars in the parking lot in front of VC, including mine tonight at 10:30 pm.
Thank you for updating us! I was very very curious as to what is happening there now. We still have a month before our trip, but was wondering what was happening to the people that are there now.

In case anyone is interested. I am at WBC now and they have given everyone notices asking that everyone evacuate by tomorrow morning. They did say that if you can't evacuate, that you can stay, however, expect long periods of no food, no water, no power and no services for an extended period of time. They trimmed back a ton of the trees near our building (VC) and have sand bags sitting by all the doors (not in place yet). They have asked that everyone move the patio furniture inside by tomorrow at 10am.

We are supposed to fly out tomorrow at noon, all flights after 4 pm are cancelled. Wyndham has said that if you get stuck after check out they will "look into availability" but I think we have decided if our flight gets cancelled we are going to start driving.

Also it is almost freakishly empty here. There are only three cars in the parking lot in front of VC, including mine tonight at 10:30 pm.

Thanks for the update! Safe travels...however you end up getting out of there!

First off - prayers to all in Florida and I hope that everyone stays safe!

Now my travel question - I'm looking at booking at Bonnet Creek through VRBO. I've found one managed by VMG Resorts. Anyone have any experience renting? No reviews are there for the property. I have noticed people requesting buildings when checking in. If I rent through VRBO is that an option or am I usually renting a specific unit?

Thanks!

At least, that is what I am understanding, that it is best to wait until 60 days out. Does that still seem to be the case? Anyone want to offer input?
Given the changes Wyndham has made to how reservations work for large-point owners, I would have a backup plan.

Considering a reservation the week after Xmas. We are DVC members but there is no availability. My worry is traffic. I remember seeing the long lines of traffic to get into the parks a few years ago. Does the shuttle bus from Bonnet Creek get to use the Disney bus lanes? Any experience with traffic or resort experience the week after Christmas? Thank you!

Ive been unable to book the week I would like at WBC in october. Does anyone have any second favorite places to stay that I can start researching!
We've stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages (on I-drive) and the Marriott Grande Vista...both great properties. This will be our first visit to WBC but I had no problem picking the other in the event I didn't get a good deal from Redweek.

I saw this posted on another forum:

"Just called Bonnet Creek (we arrive tomorrow). Resort is operational with only a few trees down."

I have read the Disney resort threads. Sounds like they took care of guests! I am curious. How were things at BC? I know there are not many restaurants but hopefully everyone was ok.

Does Wyndham do its deposits sporadically, or on a rolling basis. Like, if February is in there now, does that mean April will reliably be there two months from now? Or will they dump more at some yet-to-be-determined date?

Unfortunately, it seems to be rather random. I watched very closely from when they listed the October rooms, all the way through February. Some times it is a couple months between listings, and other times it is a week or two. In particular, February (when I wanted to book) was listed less than 2 weeks after January. I was hoping to have a little more time to grab my rooms for financial reasons, but we managed it.

I know it must be here somewhere- can someone please tell me what kind of coffee makers are in the unit? Keurig?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter