The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

If you don't own there is it possible to book before the two months in Prime Season? I see above to check ebay, so I will check that out too but I guess I don't really understand...

We booked through Vacation Upgrades and have 2 reservations (makes sense, we will be there Tues-Mon, splitting timeshare weeks).
How does this typically work? We have a checkout on Friday while we are there, and then a checkin same day. We'd like to be at the parks at Rope Drop that day, can we checkout/in early in the morning, have them hold our bags if we are moving rooms until the new room is ready? Or is there a chance we won't have to move rooms at all?

We booked through Vacation Upgrades and have 2 reservations (makes sense, we will be there Tues-Mon, splitting timeshare weeks).
How does this typically work? We have a checkout on Friday while we are there, and then a checkin same day. We'd like to be at the parks at Rope Drop that day, can we checkout/in early in the morning, have them hold our bags if we are moving rooms until the new room is ready? Or is there a chance we won't have to move rooms at all?

You shouldn't have to move rooms at all or do any mid-trip check in. We've always been able to check in for both reservations at the same time at the beginning of the trip and not think about it again :)

Is anyone there right now that can share the activities schedule with me? I am trying to plan which days to stay at the resort and don't want to miss the Gatorland visit or the dueling pianos. Looking specifically for the week of Aug. 15-22. Thanks!!

Hi just checked in again today after a week stay at vacation villages on the parkway and a week at orange lake. I would love to post a schedule of events but I cannot figure out how to get the pictures off my iPhone to share with you! First things since we left- it's a lot less busy! Thank goodness! Vacation Villages was nice but you don't have the resort feeling and although everything was clean and the staff were friendly my DH got bite by something in the unit twice while sitting in the living room. The other thing is that the kitchen does not have as many things as Bonnet Creek does such as a cookie sheet or a tray of some sort to put your food on. After leaving we checked into orange lake. We had a studio with a partial kitchen and it was a beautiful beautiful resort. However just like the other poster, in 2 days I witnessed 3 separate times that people tried to take other people's belongings at the pool. Twice it was by a group of cute looking kids that you would never guess what they were up to since they were from ages 8-12. They swim and jump in the pool splashing and having fun just like other kids but then they ask you if this was your stuff on the chair. It sounds like they are just looking for a place to sit, but they actually then sit at the chair and when you are not paying attention rifle through the persons things. Then when they are called on it they run away quickly and shout to each other and they all disappear. The second time it was a whole family that just over takes your chair with all of your stuff and then they quietly go through your stuff. I was super vigalient about our things but was surprised when I saw it happen to other people. I alerted security and let them know as well as the manager on duty and their attitude was terrible. They seemed to care less. They didn't take any notes and I could tell by their reaction that this is an ongoing problem. The pools there were crowded as well and people were drinking and smoking in the pool as well. It was gross. Thankfully I'm glad that we are back at Bonnet Creek. Check in was a beeeze this morning at 8am they granted our request and our room was ready within the hour. Three weeks ago the resort was at 98% capacity and I will check tomorrow as to what it's at now. Something else new is that there is now a check in at building 5. At security this morning she already had it on her list that we were to check into that building. Looking forward to the next little while ;) I'll keep you posted! Overall this is by far a top notch resort and I don't think that I appreciated it as much until we stayed elsewhere. Even though I'm our RCI exchange the other two places were 'gold' I don't know how they can be in the same category as Bonnet Creek. I'll try to post some pics- if I can figure it out! ;)

Last edited:

Ok so here is the resort schedule:
Monday- 9:30am- bingo
10:30- tie dye
11- aqua fitness
1pm- poolside trivia
2pm couples games show
3pmice cream
5pm shuffleboard tournament
5:30- magic show
7pm- comedy magic show
7:30-9 s'mores

Tuesday- 8:30am- activities orientation
10am-canvas painting
11- volleyball
1-4pm- live entertainment
2pm ducky river race
3pm devades trivia
3-4pm ice cream
5pm soccer
6:30 deal or no deal
8pm poly luau show. *** fantastic we have seen it twice and it's great!!***

Wednesday
9am- aqua fitness
9-2pm open craft time
9:30- $ bingo
10am create a bear buddy
11- lawn party/ capture the flag
1:30pm volleyball
3-4 ice cream
7-10pm dueling pianos

Thursday - 9:30 tie- dye
12pm- ping pong tournament
1-4pm live entertainment
2pm beach bag quest
3- name that groove
3-4 ice cream
4pm gatorland experience
7 lip sync battle
8-9pm glow golf
8-9 cotton candy and mini
Golf

Friday- 9am aqua fitness
9:30 junk food bingo
11am game show extravaganza
12-3pm live entertainment
1:30- aqua scrabble
2pm pool games
3-4 ice cream
3-4:30 face painting
5-8 live DJ
6pm trivia battle
7-10 karaoke

Saturday
9:30- water bottle creations
10am mini golf tournament
11:30 music bingo
2pm frozen t-shirt relay
2:30 biggest splash
3-4 ice cream
3-4:30 face painting
4:30 scavenger hunt
5-8 live DJ
8:30 movie

Sunday- 10-12:30 inflatable fun
11-12 snow cones
2:30 billiards tournament
3-4pm ice cream
3-4:30
Face painting
3:30 cornhole tournament
4-7 live entertainment
5:30 poolside wine glass painting
7-9:30 activities party

Sunday- 10-12:30 inflatable fun
11-12 snow cones
2:30 billiards tournament
3-4pm ice cream
3-4:30
Face painting
3:30 cornhole tournament
4-7 live entertainment
5:30 poolside wine glass painting
7-9:30 activities party

Thanks so much for posting the schedule. We arrive on 20th August for 15 nights and we have stayed so many times but never get bored of the activities. I really hope Jake is still there. He is one of the singers and also runs the decades and name that groove quizzes which we love. We usually go for three weeks but due to my son being on a four week National Citizen Service (in England) we had to cut it short by a week. So I need to be super organised this time to fit all our favourites in. I have never watched the Poly Luau show but luckily falls on the evening after Discovery Cove so will be back at BC as only night we dont go out for dinner, so definitely going to watch. I don't remember the comedy magic show before so will check that out too.

Hi guys! This is technically a "Vacation Strategy" post- but just wondering if anyone has come across this situation.
We booked WBC with VS months ago- before the reservation system changed. We paid out balance last week. All along, including the reminder email to pay the balance, the cancellation policy was worded like this:
"We understand things come up unexpectedly and do not want our customers to risk any financial loss. If you should need to cancel your reservation more than 20 days before your check in date, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel after ******, you will receive a full credit towards a future vacation with us. Credit from cancelled reservations can NOT be applied to reservations arriving within 20 days of the previously cancelled dates"
Once we paid the balance, the confirmation email we received had this:
"
Deposit Fee & Cancellation Policy:
A booking deposit equal to 20% of reservation total or $150 is due at reservation (whichever is more).

Final Balance is due 45 days prior to arrival.

Cancellations made more than 61 days to arrival will receive 100% refund. Cancellations made 60 - 45 days prior to arrival will result in forfeiture of deposit. Cancellations made 45 - 30 days prior to arrival will result in 50% forfeiture of reservation total. Reservations are finalized at 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made 30 days or less to arrival will result in 100% forfeiture of reservation total. No credits will be given."

We have no intentions of cancelling, but I do like knowing what to expect. I have emailed them to clarify and am waiting for a response. Is this just a policy change? Will we qualify under the old policy?
Sorry this is so long!

Hi guys! This is technically a "Vacation Strategy" post- but just wondering if anyone has come across this situation.
We booked WBC with VS months ago- before the reservation system changed. We paid out balance last week. All along, including the reminder email to pay the balance, the cancellation policy was worded like this:
"We understand things come up unexpectedly and do not want our customers to risk any financial loss. If you should need to cancel your reservation more than 20 days before your check in date, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel after ******, you will receive a full credit towards a future vacation with us. Credit from cancelled reservations can NOT be applied to reservations arriving within 20 days of the previously cancelled dates"
Once we paid the balance, the confirmation email we received had this:
"
A booking deposit equal to 20% of reservation total or $150 is due at reservation (whichever is more).

Cancellations made more than 61 days to arrival will receive 100% refund. Cancellations made 60 - 45 days prior to arrival will result in forfeiture of deposit. Cancellations made 45 - 30 days prior to arrival will result in 50% forfeiture of reservation total. Reservations are finalized at 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made 30 days or less to arrival will result in 100% forfeiture of reservation total. No credits will be given."

We have no intentions of cancelling, but I do like knowing what to expect. I have emailed them to clarify and am waiting for a response. Is this just a policy change? Will we qualify under the old policy?
Sorry this is so long!

We had to cancel a trip a few times now and I just saw this and now we won't book till we absolutely know we are going because this cancellation policy doesn't work well with us anymore compared to their last one.

Short answer Vacation Strategy has a "new" Cancellation Policy.

Sounds like your Reservation is still covered by the "old"Cancellation Policy

I contacted V/S yesterday to get a Quote for our next WBC Vacation (hopefully)

Below is a copy of the V/S Cancellation Policy that was included in my email from Vacation Strategy.

Notice the Cancellation Protection**
that can be purchased at the time of accepting the Reservation Terms and Paying the Deposit Fee.

Vacation Strategy is not the only Timeshare Rental Company that is changing their business practices ...

Vacation Upgrades has made a significant change to their Prime Season Timeshare Rentals.

Vacation Strategy

Cancellations made more than 61 days to arrival will receive 100% refund. Cancellations made 60 - 45 days prior to arrival will result in forfeiture of deposit. Cancellations made 45 - 30 days prior to arrival will result in 50% forfeiture of reservation total. Reservations are finalized at 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made 30 days or less to arrival will result in 100% forfeiture of reservation total. No credits will be given.

Cancellation Protection**

Cancellation Protection may be purchased at the time of reservation as an additional protection against last minute emergencies. Cancellation Protection will allow for cancellations 30 days or more to arrival to receive a full refund and cancellations made between 30 to 20 days to arrival will receive a full credit toward a future vacation with Vacation Strategy. Any cancellations made less than 20 days to arrival will result in 100% forfeiture of reservation total.

Cancellation Protection can be purchased for $100 for 1 Bedroom units, $110 for 2 Bedroom units, $120 for 3 Bedroom units, or $130 for 4 Bedroom units.

Cancellation Protection may not be purchased after initial reservation is made and cannot be applied to reservations previously cancelled and re-booked for a similar time frame. Cancellation Protection sales are final and cannot be refunded or transferred.

Reservation Modification:
Changes to reservations including the addition/subtraction of nights, altering arrival dates or unit type, etc. must be done 20 days or more prior to arrival and are subject to availability and an additional $99 fee.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, concerns or comments. We are here to serve you!

Toll Free Phone: 888-832-4223

Last edited:
Tuesday- 8:30am- activities orientation
10am-canvas painting
11- volleyball
1-4pm- live entertainment
2pm ducky river race
3pm devades trivia
3-4pm ice cream
5pm soccer
6:30 deal or no deal
8pm poly luau show. *** fantastic we have seen it twice and it's great!!***

Anyone been to the poly luau show? What's the show like? Fire twirlers? Hula Dancing? Is it on a stage? We were considering doing the Spirit of Aloha at the Polynesian resort. How does the show compare to that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter