"The Wave" is the New Rave!! Review from May 6, 2009! PICS!

Thanks for the wonderful review and great pictures. I searched for reivews of The Wave and yours was the first one I read. My DD9 mentioned that she wanted to eat there-I don't even know where she heard about it but she remembers seeing a sign at the hotel last year. I made an ADR for her birthday (she'll be 10, considered an adult).

I hadn't even considered the Wave until I saw this review!! Will have to let Mrs U have a look. We're in the process of lining up our September restaurants and this does look good!!

Yummy! I have not ate there yet. I have a trip in October, and December. We are planning on making ressies there. I will get the tomato soup for sure :D

Thanks for the review!

We're going to the Wave before MNSSHP in September and I'm really looking forward to it!!

I heard that you can "make your own" dessert sampler with a combination of any three desserts from any of the samplers. I would love to try the cheesecake but also the chocolate mousse w/ salted caramel sauce.
Any reports that this is true?

JUST changed my ressies to THE WAVE...woot woot~!! Aug 4th, we'll be there, can't wait!!:woohoo:

We will be in WDW from Aug 2 - 7. I just made ADR for dinner on Aug 6th. WooHoo! I will just pay OOP for the Crystal Palace lunch on the 5th so we can use TS credits for The Wave.

Great pics ! Great review !

We ate at The Wave several weeks ago, and were delightfully surprised how good it was. Not only was the food top notch, (we both had the filet) but we were struck by how happy, friendly and professional the staff were.

They seemed genuinely happy to be working there, and even happier to make sure that we were treated to some great food and service.

Happy CM's ! What a concept ! It was like the 'old days' in the parks.

We'll be back... :goodvibes

The food looks great. So glad we decided to try the Wave on our next trip. :banana:

We just got back from WDW and the Wave is by far the best meal we've had at Disney! We're DVC members and have been to WDW over 25 times. We had the filet and the pork also. Oh sooooo good! Make sure that you dine at this restaurant. Enjoy:love:

Hi, Does the filet STILL come with mashed potatoes as the OP stated?? The MENU posted is saying fingerling potatoes?? Thanks,mashed potatoes is a REQUIREMENT when my DS eats a filet.:rolleyes: Joan

Crabcakes and mini grillcheese sandwiches? Sign me up! I'm hoping to get an ADR there for my upcoming trip. Thanks for posting the great pictures.:worship:

They change the soups (they are seasonal) so I hope you are able to get it! It was so good! Crab cake was yummy too! You should be able to get in. Enjoy!

Yay... another review... I'm so excited!

We have reservations at the Wave too in July. I can't wait! Your dh's dessert looks yummy... Thanks for the jump start on your reviews. Waiting patiently for rest..

I know I have t odo the rest of my reviews! July is almost here, I'm excited for you! Enjoy.

I changed our adr from Kona's (after reading your review in your trip report) to the Wave. How fun to see your pictures again in this post. I can not wait to try the fillet and the Decadent Flavors for dessert. YUM!

The filet is so good! Have you been to Kona? It is really good there too!

im in - love your reports, we were at SSR same time as you last year and i thought if i seen you i would have to compliment you on your reports but we never bumped into you !!! ready and waiting for your report:banana:

Aww man I would have loved to have met you! I love meeting disers lol! SSR is gorgeous! We will be staying there again in Jan, with deluxe dining!! Can't wait. lol

Those desserts look yumm-o! Thanks for the review!

The cheese cake was so good, and I normally am not a cheese cake person!!

Looks great! I'm going here for lunch in September and I can't wait!!

OOH yum, enjoy it!

The Wave looks fabulous! I wonder if the champagne Magicale. We had that at Disney's California Adventure and they mentioned it was exclusive to Disney Parks. It was delicious and much like Rosa Regale, like you mentioned.

IDK, but it was good. I liked it. I love Rosa Regale! My favorite.

I agree with you 100%! We ate there in March and fell in love with it! We also had the pork and the filet, both were melt in your mouth wonderful! I could not believe this place was just 1TS either!

So good!!!! YAY glad you loved it too!

After SEEING and reading your report, I promptly called DD and tried to switch my ressies' around. The system is down, told me to call back in an hr. I'm on the edge of my seat...I HOPE we can switch. This is TOTALLY something my DP will LOVE!

Thanks for the report!! ;)

Oh did you get in? I hope you were able to!

Wow ! what a great review :cool1:

Thank you!

JUST changed my ressies to THE WAVE...woot woot~!! Aug 4th, we'll be there, can't wait!!:woohoo:

Awesome!!! Have a good time!

Thanks for the great review and wonderful pictures:) We were debating between Kona and The Wave for our next trip and this totally tipped the scales! Can't wait to eat there:banana:

Kona is really good too though lol! If you can do both, do it lol!

We loved the Wave last September -- yummy food, and loved the decor in there too.

But, please don't give them any ideas...shhh! No talk of 2 TS!!! Don't want to wreck such a treasure!

HAHA I know! I'm just really shocked that it isn't.

We chose The Wave for one of our September Anniversary trip's TS restaurants based on the menu we saw on allearsnet and this TR makes me so glad we did! Rosa Regale is one of my all time favorite wines and I'm so excited to see it available there. Thanks for a great review and Happy Anniversary!!!

Hmm IDK if they have Rosa Regale there. The champagne we had was similar, but no where near as good lol! Rosa is the best.

Enjoy your anniversary there. It's yummy!

ohhhh everything looks AMAZING! especially the tomato soup and mini grilled cheese!!! I soo wish my mom liked SOMETHING on the menu :( I'll have to wait until I go again in January with friends

I freaked when I saw the grilled cheese lol!!! Freaked. So good.

Happy Anniversary!!

AND YES, The Wave has become a "must-do" on our list as well. LOVE LOVE the arctic char with the edamame stew. Been lucky that they've had it the times we've gone. Their food is so fresh, service also great. Don't tell everyone as we don't want the "secret" to get out then it'll be hard to get an ADR!;):lmao:

Thank you!!

The food is very fresh! Oh I know lol!

We just got back from WDW and the Wave is by far the best meal we've had at Disney! We're DVC members and have been to WDW over 25 times. We had the filet and the pork also. Oh sooooo good! Make sure that you dine at this restaurant. Enjoy:love:

Us too!!! I love that filet! Can't wait to have it again.

Thanks for the pics and review..my sister and I will be eating here the day we get in. It looks like it'll be an awesome way to start our trip!!:cool1:

Oh great!!! It's going to be a great start to your trip.

Thanks for the wonderful review and great pictures. I searched for reivews of The Wave and yours was the first one I read. My DD9 mentioned that she wanted to eat there-I don't even know where she heard about it but she remembers seeing a sign at the hotel last year. I made an ADR for her birthday (she'll be 10, considered an adult).

Oh good!! Glad you found it, and glad I could help!

That is so funny about your daughter lol! She has good taste!

I hadn't even considered the Wave until I saw this review!! Will have to let Mrs U have a look. We're in the process of lining up our September restaurants and this does look good!!

Oh I hope you go!

Yummy! I have not ate there yet. I have a trip in October, and December. We are planning on making ressies there. I will get the tomato soup for sure :D

YAY for 2 trips!! That's awesome.

Thanks for the review!

We're going to the Wave before MNSSHP in September and I'm really looking forward to it!!

I heard that you can "make your own" dessert sampler with a combination of any three desserts from any of the samplers. I would love to try the cheesecake but also the chocolate mousse w/ salted caramel sauce.
Any reports that this is true?

Oh IDK if that is true, but I don't see why you can't do it. That's good to know if you can!

We will be in WDW from Aug 2 - 7. I just made ADR for dinner on Aug 6th. WooHoo! I will just pay OOP for the Crystal Palace lunch on the 5th so we can use TS credits for The Wave.

That's great! Enjoy!

Great pics ! Great review !

We ate at The Wave several weeks ago, and were delightfully surprised how good it was. Not only was the food top notch, (we both had the filet) but we were struck by how happy, friendly and professional the staff were.

They seemed genuinely happy to be working there, and even happier to make sure that we were treated to some great food and service.

Happy CM's ! What a concept ! It was like the 'old days' in the parks.

We'll be back... :goodvibes

Ohh good! so f=glad you enjoyed it! I agree with you.

Do you know that the Wave is just one dining credit? :goodvibes

It should be two lol!

The food looks great. So glad we decided to try the Wave on our next trip. :banana:

YAY!

Yes, its one TS credit.

Hi, Does the filet STILL come with mashed potatoes as the OP stated?? The MENU posted is saying fingerling potatoes?? Thanks,mashed potatoes is a REQUIREMENT when my DS eats a filet.:rolleyes: Joan

Oh IDK, I think they change it up every now and then. Not sure.

Thanks for posting this! I just got an ADR for our family to eat at The Wave before heading over to MNSSHP this Sept! :banana:

I was bummed that I couldn't get Ohana for our arrival night dinner. I did manage to get an early ressie at the Wave and was worried about it. Not anymore! The food looks fantastic. I'm so keeping that ressie and am already plotting my meal. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for posting this! I just got an ADR for our family to eat at The Wave before heading over to MNSSHP this Sept! :banana:

No problem. Oh how fun!! Have a great time!

I was bummed that I couldn't get Ohana for our arrival night dinner. I did manage to get an early ressie at the Wave and was worried about it. Not anymore! The food looks fantastic. I'm so keeping that ressie and am already plotting my meal. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah don't worry! Enjoy your meal.

Your review confirms so many others. I wanted to try the Wave on our recent trip, but I just couldn't fit it in. It's definitely on my MUST DO for our next one.

Thanks so much for your fabulous review with pictures! I had made a res at The Wave for Sept 30th but was planning on changing it until I came across your review. My first and second choices were not available for that evening so I chose The Wave. Now I am very excited! It'll be our first night at WDW.

Love your dining reviews, I've read several of them :goodvibes
I actually have a question about The Wave. I'm taking a huge group (26) in 2010. Do you think it's a doable restaurant for a group that size? I know we'll have to have several tables, I'm just wondering if we might be able to end up in the same area. I've heard great things about it and would love to try it out this next trip. Thanks in advance!

YES totally great review. I wasn't even thinking about the Wave but now I am really re-thinking that. PS you guys are soooo cute together :) Thanks!

Thanks for doing this review Lynn:thumbsup2 I had Dan read it and it convinced him to give a try this Aug!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter