The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I'm not sure there is a low season. Jan and Feb are very temperate months in CA and often the weather is very nice. I like going in February.

Funny - I'd respond that Jan and Feb are slower times. It's the rainy season, cooler and other than race weekends and holidays there's more availability at 7 months.

Funny - I'd respond that Jan and Feb are slower times. It's the rainy season, cooler and other than race weekends and holidays there's more availability at 7 months.

I wouldn't really know because I always book right at 11 months when I stay. I do remember a friend of mine trying to get in starting on the last day of President's day weekend for Monday - Friday and he had to wait list the stay. Eventually it came through, but it was down to the wire when it did.

Second this! In my nine visits to VGC, January February are always the least crowded. It's a bit cool down at the pool, but the hot tubs are great.

We just got back from our first trip at VCG and had a great time! I love the resort. My tip for first timers is to definitely check out the Paradise View Terrace. I wish we had watched WOC up there but my daughter was too tired to stay up. The pools are also lovely. Being able to enter the parks an hour early each day was a big plus.

Our trip was so fun that I am now planning our next trip. For our next trip there are going to be 5 of us so I am thinking about getting a 1 bedroom, however 3 members of my family want their own bed, and as far as I can tell there are only 3 beds. I am wondering if you can get a rollaway, or if anyone has ever brought an inflatable twin mattress and had enough room for it? Thanks for any input.

Not sure about the rollaway, but a twin blow up mattress could fit in the hallways.

We just got back from our first trip at VCG and had a great time! I love the resort. My tip for first timers is to definitely check out the Paradise View Terrace. I wish we had watched WOC up there but my daughter was too tired to stay up. The pools are also lovely. Being able to enter the parks an hour early each day was a big plus.

Our trip was so fun that I am now planning our next trip. For our next trip there are going to be 5 of us so I am thinking about getting a 1 bedroom, however 3 members of my family want their own bed, and as far as I can tell there are only 3 beds. I am wondering if you can get a rollaway, or if anyone has ever brought an inflatable twin mattress and had enough room for it? Thanks for any input.

2 bedroom VGC villa vs. 2 bedroom GCH suite

Has anyone stayed in both types of rooms? Are there any differences other than laundry and kitchen? I've been unable to find a floor plan for the GCH 2 bedroom suites.

Has anyone stayed in both types of rooms? Are there any differences other than laundry and kitchen? I've been unable to find a floor plan for the GCH 2 bedroom suites.

I have actually stayed in a 2-bedroom suite at VGC. The layout is a 1-bedroom suite attached to a regular hotel room via the interior doors. The one-bedroom suite has a mini bar with only a sink and maybe a small fridge, an okay sized living area, a bathroom, and a bedroom. It isn't like a 2-bedroom villa at all. That stay is what prompted us to buy DVC. The 2-bedroom suites are incredibly expensive, and not nearly as nice as the villas which are cheaper if you use points. Don't waste your money if you can get a 2-bedroom DVC villa. Rent or take a transfer from an owner if you do not have VGC points. For this upcoming trip to VGC, we took a transfer from a VGC owner. I hope this helps.

A few diagrams to help you compare.

2-Bedroom Villas:
roomlayout_twobedroom.jpgroomlayout_twobedroomlockoff.jpg

Several different 1-Bedroom Suites, which link to adjacent standard rooms to form 2 and 3 bedroom suites:
DGCH-FP-ArtisanKingSuiteC.gif DGCH-FP-ArtisanKingSuiteB.gif DGCH-FP-ArtisanKingSuite.gif DGCH-FP-ArtisanQueenSuite.gif

Standard room:
DGCH-FP-StandardRoom.gif

A few diagrams to help you compare.

2-Bedroom Villas:
View attachment 274960View attachment 274959

Several different 1-Bedroom Suites, which link to adjacent standard rooms to form 2 and 3 bedroom suites:
View attachment 274961 View attachment 274962 View attachment 274963 View attachment 274964

Standard room:
View attachment 274965

Our 2-bedroom was photo #2 for the 1-bedroom with a slightly different balcony layout, attached to a 2 queen standard hotel room. Our main balcony was off of the living room.

I have actually stayed in a 2-bedroom suite at VGC. The layout is a 1-bedroom suite attached to a regular hotel room via the interior doors. The one-bedroom suite has a mini bar with only a sink and maybe a small fridge, an okay sized living area, a bathroom, and a bedroom. It isn't like a 2-bedroom villa at all. That stay is what prompted us to buy DVC. The 2-bedroom suites are incredibly expensive, and not nearly as nice as the villas which are cheaper if you use points. Don't waste your money if you can get a 2-bedroom DVC villa. Rent or take a transfer from an owner if you do not have VGC points. For this upcoming trip to VGC, we took a transfer from a VGC owner. I hope this helps.
Thank you for the description. We booked 6 nights in a 2-Bedroom Villa for June of '18. This will be our first trip as VGC owners. We're going next week for 5 nights on rented points. It'll be our first trip without the kids. Looking forward to experiencing DLR at a much more relaxing pace.
Out of curiosity, I looked up the rack rate for 6 nights in a 2-Bedroom Suite at GCH. I can see how this prompted your DVC purchase.

We just completed buying another 100 points at VGC. It was loaded with 2017 points. Add that to the 210 points we already owned through direct purchase from Disney. I think 310 points might be enough, but you never know. It seems like we're always borrowing and running out of points. :):):)

We just completed buying another 100 points at VGC. It was loaded with 2017 points. Add that to the 210 points we already owned through direct purchase from Disney. I think 310 points might be enough, but you never know. It seems like we're always borrowing and running out of points. :):):)
Congrats! How long did you look for your second contract?

Congrats! How long did you look for your second contract?

I've been looking on and off for a couple of years. I was always looking for 100 points at VGC. There were a lot of stripped contracts, and although you could adjust the price downward, I just didn't like the idea of paying a bunch of money only to have to wait a year or two to get the benefit of it. When we saw the contract for all of the 2017 points and all of the future points, that seemed like the best for us.

We just got our 240, won't be able to stay on our points until Dec 2018 and we're already thinking about adding on! I had a feeling we'd want more, but didn't realize it'd start this soon!

Congratulations!

Our 1st contract was 165 and we added on another 125 the year the Vilast opened, the sad part is that we only live half an hour away! :rotfl2:

So excited for you! We recently decided to add more points. It's hard to patient as new listings are added for right amount of points, but in neighboring use-years. 1-in-12 odds I guess :upsidedow !!

Subscribing to this thread. Owner at AKV and SSR, but not VGC, yet. We're on the west coast and stayed 2 nights in a 1 BR earlier this year. Absolutely love the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter