The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I don't know for sure, but I'm going to guess yes. Your room card works all day to get you in and out of the self-parking, so I'm assuming that it might also work to get out on the deck. Let us know what you find out.

we rented a studio for six nights in June. Can I request a WOC view? Is there online check in available?

How is Fitness in the Park? Worth getting up for? My teen boys agreed to get up for it, after whole day/night in the parks. They agreed just for the Jamba Juice.

Any good ideas for room requests for a two bedroom villa. Staying there in a few weeks and it is our first time. Also do I just call member services to make a request? thanks!

Some recent posts about 2 bedrooms.
You might also want to search this thread for "6500".

Request must be made through Member Services (phone or email), and must be made by the DVC owner.

So is it best to request a room number, floor, view, or can you do all 3?
I know I want a high floor and would rather be facing the pier or redcreek views and not a a view of the pool. Can I request that? I have never made an official request before but this March I was on the 1st floor and while I still had a nice view ( at SSR) I did not like having a patio and no balcony. There were ants and bees everywhere.

So is it best to request a room number, floor, view, or can you do all 3?
I know I want a high floor and would rather be facing the pier or redcreek views and not a a view of the pool...
I have had good results sending a list of specific villa numbers, which is why I created the map linked in my signature :thumbsup2

Example:
Prefer a high floor with Paradise Pier or Redwood Creek Park View.
The room order of preference is: 6500, 5506, 4506, 5500, 4500, 3506,
3500, 5518, 4518, 3518, 3522
(I understand that room requests cannot be guaranteed.)

Happy Thursday!! We are checking out on a Saturday and not going to a park that day. I was thinking of picking up dessert and watching WOC from the viewing deck. Please let me know if anyone has done this and has any tips. I would also take any suggestions for a really yummy dessert!

Happy Thursday!! We are checking out on a Saturday and not going to a park that day. I was thinking of picking up dessert and watching WOC from the viewing deck. Please let me know if anyone has done this and has any tips. I would also take any suggestions for a really yummy dessert!

You certainly could do that - it's standing only up there though - no chairs or tables.

We are considering purchasing a VGC contract, but I have a somewhat silly question about the showers in the studio and 1-bedrooms. The shower head drives me crazy in the regular hotel rooms - are they exactly the same in the DVC bathrooms?

We are considering purchasing a VGC contract, but I have a somewhat silly question about the showers in the studio and 1-bedrooms. The shower head drives me crazy in the regular hotel rooms - are they exactly the same in the DVC bathrooms?
Typical VGC shower head:
vgc_showerhead.jpg

Renovated GCH rooms have these:
(shown in shower only configuration)
gch_handheld.jpg
gch_ceiling.jpg

Thank you for these pictures, Nonsuch! The renovated ones look really nice! Will the villas be undergoing renovations anytime soon?

Hoping I make somebody very happy today. Just cancelled a night on our upcoming stay in a 1 bedroom. It's halloween night october 31. Let me know if anybody has a waitlist for that night come through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter