The Unofficial Dis Cusack Appreciation Society

Annie&Hallie'sMom

<font color=deeppink>Things turn out best for peop
Since the Cusacks (both John and sister Joan) seem to be very much appreciated here on this board, yet underappreciated in the Hollywood world, I thought I'd start our very own "appreciation" group.

So whether you loved John as a geek in 16 Candles or as an obsessive puppeteer in Being John Malkovich or if you loved Joan in her body brace in 16 Candles or miss her weekly series on ABC here is a place where you can freely discuss the Cusack siblings!

Checking in!

I'm a BIG John Cusack Fan!!! My dbf looked just like him when he was younger. :) (See below). Three of my all time favorite movies are Better off Dead, Gross Pointe Blank and Say Anything.

Can't wait to go check out Identity on Friday!

:bounce: Better Off Dead - One of the all time classic 80s movies! I think I have that whole movie memorized, and IMHO is his best work to date.

I have to say that I haven't really cared much for his serious movies (with the exception of True Colors which I liked), but his comedies are top notch (except Tapeheads). Even his smaller roles like Con Air have been really good.

Count me in as a fan.

Love the Cusacks !!!!! I think Joan is wonderful and she was terrific in "Working Girls". Gotta love that big hair :eek: :eek:

I loved Joan in Toys with Robin Williams and I like John in just about everything I've seen him in...... Gross Pointe Blank and Pushing Tin are my favorites!

I've actually seen them around town (they both live in Chicago), and the one time I spoke with John he was really nice.

My all time favorite movie with John is The Sure Thing. He was really young when he made it, but he was great!

I think they are both great, and "High Fidelity" is one of my favorite movies. I bought it on DVD recently!:cool:

Love the Cusacks, especially John. Better Off Dead cracks me up every single time. Count me as a fan, too!

I'll join for John!!!!!!! He's rather nice to look at too! :teeth: I've always liked him! I LOVE Better Off Dead! (fraanch fries, fraanch toast, fraaanch bread, fraanch dressing! LOL!)

Joan, eh. Her voice does get on my nerves lately... Especially since she started doing those phone commercials. Ick.

John is one of my favorites. If you haven't seen the movie Grifters it's real interesting (an old one)
I saw him in Identity, very good.

I like them both too.

I liked Joan in Working Girl and My Blue Heaven

I've really enjoyed just about every move I can remember with John in it. I really enjoyed High Fidelity, Grifters, and Eight Men Out.

Sixteen Candles is an absolute classic. :)

I loved John in Say Anyhthing and Pushing Tin.

Loved Joan in In and Out-one of my favorite comedies.

Sandy

I loooooove John!! Better off Dead and Say Anything are classics.

Count me in... hey.. I have a cute story... DH was invited to a wedding, work related.. I did not feel like going... so he went by himself.. (I know I am mean) but he did not mind...

He comes home with this slip of paper with these names written on them.. seems the bride is the cousin of Joan and John Cusack....So he said... do you know who these people are... I am like YEAH!!!!!!I tell him who they are and what great actors they are and what a fan I am.. and then he really got me......"oh too bad, they were both at the wedding, I am sure you would love seeing them in person."

I learned my lesson, never again will I pass on a work related wedding..

PS... you gotta love the Key Man..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter