The Toll Booth By-Pass Is Ready

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
1) As of November 14th, the new MK Toll Booth By-Pass is open.
2) Just before the MK Toll Booth,
. . . take the right-hand exit.
. . . the exit goes around the toll booth
. . . no waiting in line or having to talk to the Toll Booth Attendant
. . . it leads to a traffic light
. . . you can turn right and go The Fort
. . . you can turn left to go to WL-GF-Poly on World Drive (and Disney University for Cast Members)
3) There is other construction for the new gondolas, but the "New traffic Pattern" is clearly marked.

Just drove by there today (11/11) and while its not open yet you can see how this is going to work. From the toll plaza there is a bypass that leads to approximately the south end of the STOL port at Vista Blvd. At that point you can turn right to Ft Wilderness and beyond, or left to go towards the MK resorts. There are new traffic lights installed at that intersection.

. . . you can turn left to go to WL-GF-Poly on World Drive (and Disney University for Cast Members)
3) There is other construction for the new gondolas, but the "New traffic Pattern" is clearly marked.

Glad to hear this - was a real bottle neck there, and confusing to some campers on the correct lane to be in. We've seen some 'near' accidents.

For those more in the know...

What is the overpass going to accomplish? I saw the bypass when we were there a few weeks ago, and it's easy to see how that will flow to avoid the booths for resort traffic, but I'm not sure what the overpass is going to do. Is it a new exit from TTC parking?

For those more in the know...

What is the overpass going to accomplish? I saw the bypass when we were there a few weeks ago, and it's easy to see how that will flow to avoid the booths for resort traffic, but I'm not sure what the overpass is going to do. Is it a new exit from TTC parking?
I think the overpass is going to make it possible to go directly from Vista Blvd to south on World Dr without having to go up by the Poly.

Just curious, what if you went through the toll booth, is there an exit to Fort Wilderness from there? Hope this isn't a silly question.

Just curious, what if you went through the toll booth, is there an exit to Fort Wilderness from there? Hope this isn't a silly question.

No honest question is silly IMO, but guess I wonder why you would want to?? Much easier, safer, to veer off before.

thanks for the info

No honest question is silly IMO, but guess I wonder why you would want to?? Much easier, safer, to veer off before.
OK, I just clarified in my head what the MK Toll Booth is and just realized we are talking about the Parking Booths as I called them. Thanks for the info - I know we used to keep to the right to go to the Fort when we approached them before.

Last edited:
Isn't the sign shortly after you get off of W Bronson Hwy (192) onto World Drive or are we talking about a different sign?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter