The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

Your photos are great - I'm kinda regretting the fact that I ended up cancelling my Fantasmic dining package. Next time! :rolleyes:

Thanks! Aww no regrets, it's just something to put on the do to list for next trip!!

You got some awesome photos of Fantasmic. Really up close shots of the characters!

Thank you! I whipped out the real camera instead of the iPhone for those ;)

And that is why I love the dining package for Fantasmic! You don't have to fight the herd so much and the seats are perfect!

I'm totally sold on it! The seats really are in a great location!

OMG doesn't Mickey just look adorable :lovestruc I feel like he would fit perfectly in the Carousel of Progress Christmas scene :rotfl:

He was SO cute! And you're completely right :rotfl2:

Great Fantasmic pictures!! The dining package seats are pretty great!

Thank you! I was really happy about the seats!

November 12th- Star Wars Fireworks!

After the show was over, we headed towards the Chinese Theater to see the Star Wars fireworks. It was packed but we were able to squeze into a good spot.

Neither of us are Star Wars fans (Well at the time...I have since started giving it a chance and find myself liking it more than I thought I would haha) but we both enjoyed it! Hey, I'm a sucker for a good fireworks show ;)

We headed with the masses out of the park, saying our goodbyes to Hollywood Studios.

We got back to the room around 9.
Since it was our last night, I had to end the trip with one of these:

We packed up all of our stuff for our departure the next morning and went to bed.

Up next...Saying goodbye :(

Neither of us are Star Wars fans (Well at the time...I have since started giving it a chance and find myself liking it more than I thought I would haha)
It's funny because I was slow on getting into Star Wars myself... and as you can tell from my TR (and even TR title!), I am a massive Star Wars fan now. It started out as a mission to not have something be at Disney World that I wasn't obsessed with... and now I truly am :laughing:

We packed up all of our stuff for our departure the next morning and went to bed.
:sad:

However, I see you're now UNDER A MONTH AWAY from your trip!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Wow what a great evening, Fantasmic and SW fireworks, how fun. I have loved SW for years, it something special I share with my son Jack, he is a also a huge fan. I love that type of Mickey ice cream bar, yummy!

Neither of us are Star Wars fans (Well at the time...I have since started giving it a chance and find myself liking it more than I thought I would haha) but we both enjoyed it! Hey, I'm a sucker for a good fireworks show ;)

I'm also not as much of a SW fan, and what I saw of the show was pretty great.

Since it was our last night, I had to end the trip with one of these:

Good choice!!

Sad to hear the trip is almost over. Always hard to say goodbye!!

Neither of us are Star Wars fans (Well at the time...I have since started giving it a chance and find myself liking it more than I thought I would haha)
Yes!!! Another convert! It has it's cheesy lines and scenes as does any movie, but there's enough action and story that I think it can entertain anyone even if they aren't necessarily into the Sci Fi genre. I'm honestly not a big fan of most Sci Fi, but I love Star Wars.

Hey, I'm a sucker for a good fireworks show ;)
::yes:: I really liked this one!

We got back to the room around 9. Since it was our last night, I had to end the trip with one of these:
It's never a bad time for a Mickey ice cream bar!

It's funny because I was slow on getting into Star Wars myself... and as you can tell from my TR (and even TR title!), I am a massive Star Wars fan now. It started out as a mission to not have something be at Disney World that I wasn't obsessed with... and now I truly am :laughing:

:sad:

However, I see you're now UNDER A MONTH AWAY from your trip!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Haha Yes that's exactly why I am trying to get into it! I want to actually appreciate it when I go, and especially with Star Wars land coming!

I cannot believe my trip is getting so close! I will probably throw in the details at the end of this TR since I only have a few more updates left!

Wow what a great evening, Fantasmic and SW fireworks, how fun. I have loved SW for years, it something special I share with my son Jack, he is a also a huge fan. I love that type of Mickey ice cream bar, yummy!

It really was a great evening, especially getting to see both nighttime shows! So nice that you share a SW bond with your son!

What a nice way to end your last night! And I'm SO happy that you're enjoying SW!!

Thank you!! :)

I'm also not as much of a SW fan, and what I saw of the show was pretty great.

Good choice!!

Sad to hear the trip is almost over. Always hard to say goodbye!!

It's definitely an awesome show whether you're a fan or not!

Thanks!

Definitely hard to leave, but we had a packed trip and left with no regrets!

Yes!!! Another convert! It has it's cheesy lines and scenes as does any movie, but there's enough action and story that I think it can entertain anyone even if they aren't necessarily into the Sci Fi genre. I'm honestly not a big fan of most Sci Fi, but I love Star Wars.

::yes:: I really liked this one!

It's never a bad time for a Mickey ice cream bar!

Haha I am trying! It started with me watching the newest one and really enjoying it. So I watched the original 3 which I liked a lot. I'm finding it hard to get through Episodes 1-3 but I am trying!

It's a great nighttime show!

Never is right!

Haha I am trying! It started with me watching the newest one and really enjoying it. So I watched the original 3 which I liked a lot. I'm finding it hard to get through Episodes 1-3 but I am trying!
If you give up on 1-3, I won't even blame you. :rolleyes1

Soon enough, Fantasmic started! Our seats were awesome, I was really glad we ended up doing the dining package for it!
Wow those seats are great, love the pictures.

Welcome to the dark side :darth:

:sad: Sad this TR is coming to a close

Haha Yes that's exactly why I am trying to get into it! I want to actually appreciate it when I go, and especially with Star Wars land coming!
:rotfl: Wise minds think alike!!!

I cannot believe my trip is getting so close! I will probably throw in the details at the end of this TR since I only have a few more updates left!
Yes!!! I hope you do :thumbsup2

I'm pretty neutral about Star Wars. I've seen the movies several times, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan. Good to know the fireworks hold their own, though, and you don't have to love the franchise to enjoy the show.

A Mickey bar is the absolute best final night dessert!

If you give up on 1-3, I won't even blame you. :rolleyes1

Thanks, I appreciate that ;)

Wow those seats are great, love the pictures.

Welcome to the dark side :darth:

:sad: Sad this TR is coming to a close

The dining package was well worth it!

Thanks!! :goodvibes

I'll be able to start a new TR in the near future!!

I'm pretty neutral about Star Wars. I've seen the movies several times, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan. Good to know the fireworks hold their own, though, and you don't have to love the franchise to enjoy the show.

A Mickey bar is the absolute best final night dessert!

Yes, I definitely still think the fireworks show is great even if you're not a fan!

I couldn't agree more! :)

November 13th- Departure Day

The next day was pretty uneventful! We were up at 4am for our Magical Express pickup :(

And of course had these faces on as we got to the airport:

Our flight was smooth and we were back home before we knew it.

Now for some souvenir pictures! I loved the plush/felt ornaments they released last year. I debated long and hard and decided Chip & Dale were the ones I had to get! Plus a Beast tsum tsum, a keychain, and a little button

Some of the pins I purchased:

And all the pins I acquired (whether bought or traded for):

And that wraps it up! This was an amazing trip with one of my favorite people in the world! We did SO much and had SO much fun! I am sure this is not the last time the Sugies will take on Disney together :)

Stay tuned, I'll have a few more updates to post!

The next day was pretty uneventful! We were up at 4am for our Magical Express pickup :(
Double blow. Not only do you have to get up at 4am, you have to get up at 4am to leave Disney World.

And that wraps it up! This was an amazing trip with one of my favorite people in the world! We did SO much and had SO much fun! I am sure this is not the last time the Sugies will take on Disney together :)
Thanks for sharing it with us! I always enjoy reading about your trips. You both always seem to have such a great time together!

We were up at 4am for our Magical Express pickup :(

Um...ew.

And of course had these faces on as we got to the airport:

Aww no! Saddest selfie!

Now for some souvenir pictures! I loved the plush/felt ornaments they released last year. I debated long and hard and decided Chip & Dale were the ones I had to get! Plus a Beast tsum tsum, a keychain, and a little button

I saw this, and I was like, "ooh! Look at her restraint buying a very reasonable number of little souvenirs! These are so cute! I do so badly at this!"

Some of the pins I purchased:

And then I saw all the pins, and felt much better about how I always come home with so many souvenirs! :) Especially pins. They're so small and easy to bring home, and the addiction is real.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! I've really enjoyed reading along with you!

I really enjoyed reading your TR! Wow you did so many fun things and got SO many good PP pictures! Going in Dec. with my DH and if we do 1/2 of what you two did I'll be happy :rotfl2:

For some reason it wasn't letting me quote! But looks like y'all had a great day at DHS to wrap things up! I can't resist a good characterpalooza! I love the Christmas frames too! It makes me happy that Disney is investing more into the props and special magic shots than in the past. We loved Christmas Dine at H&V! Their costumes are cute as a button and it's probably our favortie buffet. Your Fantasmic pictures turns out so good! Mine are never good. I enjoyed your TR! It's always fun to read along on a cousin trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!