The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

November 12th- More rides, more characters!

We then got in line for the Great Movie Ride. It was about a 30 minute wait. The worst part about this was the screaming child in line with us. The child insisted that she was scared and didn't want to go on the ride and the mother still forced her on. Lucky us, we got to ride with them! I did my best to tune them out and I think eventually the child stopped.

We then headed back to Pixar Place. I guess I was feeling chilly since now I have my long sleeved shirt on! :laughing:

It was time to use our FP for TSMM, as if we didn't get enough earlier! Ride #8!

We headed back towards the center of the park, stopping for of course more PP pics.

Then we went to meet Minnie & Mickey! I love the new setup they have here for them!

Up next...Lots more HS fun!

We then got in line for the Great Movie Ride. It was about a 30 minute wait. The worst part about this was the screaming child in line with us. The child insisted that she was scared and didn't want to go on the ride and the mother still forced her on. Lucky us, we got to ride with them! I did my best to tune them out and I think eventually the child stopped.
Despite the frustrations, I'm glad you had an opportunity to ride it before it went away!

It was time to use our FP for TSMM, as if we didn't get enough earlier! Ride #8!
Ok, now I'm starting to wonder what the record is for the number of rides on TSMM in a day. You guys had to be getting close!

Wow, you were really plowing through DHS! Low key crying over GMR always. And I LOVE your pics with Minnie at the Red Carpet Dreams meet. She is so glamorous and I love the Material Girl pose she had going on for y'all. What a spectacular day you guys were having! :mickeyjum

Those were gorgeous shots of the resort at sunrise. It's been years since I've stayed at Sports, and your pictures made me a little nostalgic.

I didn't even know that DHS offered the Extra Morning Magic event! Wow, that's awesome. 6 times on Toy Story Mania!?!? What? That's amazing. And then additional rides later on...you guys seemed to have an awesome morning.

By the way, I loved your earrings that you wore that day!

I can relate to the child on GMR...I definitely was the screaming child on that ride at one point. :confused3

Your pictures with Minnie and Mickey are adorable! Seriously impressed with all you've done in DHS so quickly!

We then got in line for the Great Movie Ride.
Awww, these pictures make me SO happy and SO sad all at the same time :cloud9: :sad: I'm still just so heartbroken over this one. :sad2:

The worst part about this was the screaming child in line with us. The child insisted that she was scared and didn't want to go on the ride and the mother still forced her on.
Oh no!

Wow!!! I'm still amazed by this!

Your pictures with Micky and Minnie are fabulous!!! I didn't do that meet, but I'm now wishing I did, Minnie's dress is fabulous!!!

And just like that we had arrived at our last park day!

32496555303_bf4d336890.jpg
Beautiful picture

A 5 minute wait!

Wow! 6 in a row, crazy.

Was it a splurge? Yes. But I'm not really sure you can put a price tag on how much fun we had and how happy it made us! Without a doubt a highlight of the trip!
This is exactly how I felt about the After Hours event, I', glad you had fun and enjoyed.
You got so much done this morning, sounds like an amazing morning.

Despite the frustrations, I'm glad you had an opportunity to ride it before it went away!

Ok, now I'm starting to wonder what the record is for the number of rides on TSMM in a day. You guys had to be getting close!

Me too! We didn't know it would be closing at the time, so I'm glad we didn't decide to skip it!

Hahaha I would love to know that too! That did end up being our last ride on it though!

Those were gorgeous shots of the resort at sunrise. It's been years since I've stayed at Sports, and your pictures made me a little nostalgic.

I didn't even know that DHS offered the Extra Morning Magic event! Wow, that's awesome. 6 times on Toy Story Mania!?!? What? That's amazing. And then additional rides later on...you guys seemed to have an awesome morning.

By the way, I loved your earrings that you wore that day!

Thank you!

I'm not sure if they still offer it, it definitely didn't seem to be as well known as the MK one! We definitely had an amazing morning!

Thanks! I bought them on one of my past trips!

I can relate to the child on GMR...I definitely was the screaming child on that ride at one point. :confused3

Your pictures with Minnie and Mickey are adorable! Seriously impressed with all you've done in DHS so quickly!

LOL I guess it happens to all of us as kids at one point!

Thank you! We were definitely on a roll :thumbsup2

Awww, these pictures make me SO happy and SO sad all at the same time :cloud9: :sad: I'm still just so heartbroken over this one. :sad2:

Oh no!

Wow!!! I'm still amazed by this!

Your pictures with Micky and Minnie are fabulous!!! I didn't do that meet, but I'm now wishing I did, Minnie's dress is fabulous!!!

It is weird knowing that the GMR no longer exists! I really hope the new ride they replace it with does it justice!

We definitely were on TSMM overload!

Thank you! I loved her dress to!!

Beautiful picture

Wow! 6 in a row, crazy.

This is exactly how I felt about the After Hours event, I', glad you had fun and enjoyed.
You got so much done this morning, sounds like an amazing morning.

Thank you!

We definitely only had one ride on our minds during the event ;)

I remember how much you enjoyed the After Hours event!

We definitely got a lot done and were just making sure we enjoyed our last day in the parks!

This is one of my favorite M&G! I love Sorcerer Mickey! Your pictures turned out very cute!

I love him too! And I love Minnie's dress here! It's great that you can meet them both with one line :)

November 12th- More Hollywood Studios Fun!

We then decided it was a good time to see Muppet Vision!

We then used our FP for Tower of Terror.

After that we headed towards the front of the park for some character business! First up was a meet with Donald. So happy he's back out in his sailor costume!

We then lingered around to catch Characterpalooza! It was a small set but fun nonetheless. Bert was the highlight for us!!

We stopped for a few PP pics in front of the Christmas tree. I wish the photographers were further back though when they are by these trees so you could get the full effect!

We headed back into the park, catching some Storm Troopers along the way!

We had time for one more thing before dinner, so decided to watch Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We got great seats up front and center...and then remembered how wet you can get during the show! LOL

Up next...Dinnertime!

I'm back and all caught up, what a great day at HS for you two. Here I thought 5 rides total for our stay on TSMM was pretty awesome and you did 8 in one day wow! I bet your arm was sore. Love all your pictures, I wish Andi was more open to all the PP stops, she has little patience waiting for the photos to be done, oh well!

It is weird knowing that the GMR no longer exists! I really hope the new ride they replace it with does it justice!
I hope so, too. :sad1:

First up was a meet with Donald. So happy he's back out in his sailor costume!
Yay, how cute!

Of all the fabulous photos you took this trip, this one might be one of my faves! :goodvibes

We had time for one more thing before dinner, so decided to watch Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
Awww, I haven't done this one in years!

We got great seats up front and center...and then remembered how wet you can get during the show!
:laughing: I forgot that happens, too!

I wish the photographers were further back though when they are by these trees so you could get the full effect!
Good point! That is so close that you can hardly even tell there's a tree behind you.

We got great seats up front and center...and then remembered how wet you can get during the show! LOL
:rotfl: I guess I've never sat up close enough to realize this. That and I've seen the show maybe twice ever... so I probably don't remember it that well anyway.

I'm so happy to be back and caught up again!

Your Tusker House meal looked good! Great character photos! I have been for breakfast quite a few times and really like it, but I don't think we've ever done dinner. Might have to try it soon :)

While he was certainly in a better mood than at Chef Mickey's, something was definitely off about him. He was breathing VERY heavy and we were slightly concerned if we was ok. He continued to meet at other tables so we figured it wasn't anything serious. Just very bizarre!

Strange!!

We knew we were some of the last to leave the park as the buses weren't even running to every resort! The CMs would ask where you were going and point you to a bus. It didn't take us long to get back to our hotel. It was a relatively early night for us, which was much needed!

How cool to leave an empty Animal Kingdom and get some cool photos! We had the same experience after a meal at Tiffins a while ago, and we also had our own resort bus ask where we were going and drive us to our hotel. Wild!

I'm back and all caught up, what a great day at HS for you two. Here I thought 5 rides total for our stay on TSMM was pretty awesome and you did 8 in one day wow! I bet your arm was sore. Love all your pictures, I wish Andi was more open to all the PP stops, she has little patience waiting for the photos to be done, oh well!

5 rides is awesome!! We never would have been able to do that many without the EMM. My arm was pretty sore after all those rides!

I definitely didn't have patience for a lot of pictures when I was a teenager either!

I hope so, too. :sad1:

Yay, how cute!

Of all the fabulous photos you took this trip, this one might be one of my faves! :goodvibes

Awww, I haven't done this one in years!

:laughing: I forgot that happens, too!

Aww thanks! I did love that meet with Donald, his sailor outfit is so cute!

I seem to end up doing Voyage of the Little Mermaid every trip, even if I don't plan on it! It's a cute show and nice if you need a break in the AC/comfy chairs!

Good point! That is so close that you can hardly even tell there's a tree behind you.

:rotfl: I guess I've never sat up close enough to realize this. That and I've seen the show maybe twice ever... so I probably don't remember it that well anyway.

Right? :confused3 They still come out nice but definitely doesn't have the same effect as getting the full tree!

I mean it's not Splash Mountain level of wet but you still get misted on!

I'm so happy to be back and caught up again!

Your Tusker House meal looked good! Great character photos! I have been for breakfast quite a few times and really like it, but I don't think we've ever done dinner. Might have to try it soon :)

Strange!!

How cool to leave an empty Animal Kingdom and get some cool photos! We had the same experience after a meal at Tiffins a while ago, and we also had our own resort bus ask where we were going and drive us to our hotel. Wild!

Yay welcome back!

Thank you! I would definitely like to try breakfast at Tusker House one day!

Leaving a deserted AK was such a cool feeling (and probably won't ever happen again)! It's almost eerie when the buses aren't running to all the hotels!

Loving this report. DD and I are doing a mother daughter trip next year. I was set on August but DD12 asked if we could go Jersey Week so we can see the decorations and avoid hurricane season. We love going in August but it really is hot. I was worried about the crowds but you seem to have done a good job with it! Looks like Jersey Week may be the way to go.

Loving this report. DD and I are doing a mother daughter trip next year. I was set on August but DD12 asked if we could go Jersey Week so we can see the decorations and avoid hurricane season. We love going in August but it really is hot. I was worried about the crowds but you seem to have done a good job with it! Looks like Jersey Week may be the way to go.

Thank you so much! Your are going to have such a great time with your DD! I love going in November and didn't really encounter much trouble with it being Jersey Week. Being there for the Christmas season really is magical!

Thank you so much! Your are going to have such a great time with your DD! I love going in November and didn't really encounter much trouble with it being Jersey Week. Being there for the Christmas season really is magical!

Great to hear that you don't encounter much trouble with Jersey Week. We're in South Jersey near Philly and my kids are off that Thursday and Friday plus election day. Then the two other days are 1/2 days (which they don't do much those 1/2 days) so we will just go that entire week plus the Friday before. Now to decide where to stay!

November 12th- Minnie's Holiday Dine Dinner!

On our way to check in for dinner we spotted a PP photographer, so of course had to stop!

It was then time for our Christmas dinner at Hollywood & Vine!

We were greeted by Santa Goofy as soon as we walked in!

No characters were around yet, so we went ahead and got our first plate of food.

The seafood mac and cheese was delicious! As was the salad I had. I think this was the only plate picture I took, but I did go up for more and everything I had was really good. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of food here!

Soon the characters came out in their holiday finest. I was in love with all their outfits!!

First up was Minnie!

Then Donald!

Then Mickey!

And finally Daisy!

The dessert offerings weren't that impressive to me. I did have to take a picture of this cute cupcake though!

We settled the bill, received our FPs for Fantasmic (we did the dining package), and headed out!

Up next...Nighttime pics!

The seafood mac and cheese was delicious! As was the salad I had. I think this was the only plate picture I took, but I did go up for more and everything I had was really good. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of food here!
I'm glad to see this. While I've had an absolutely dreadful meal there (worst I've ever had at Disney World, by far) the past couple of visits have been pretty good. I hope they're turning this place around somewhat.

We settled the bill, received our FPs for Fantasmic (we did the dining package), and headed out!
The only way to see Fantasmic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!