The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

Wow, you did run into some strange CMs at the cookie stations. I never did try any of the cookies at the two parties I've been too. I did get hot chocolate one time but it was really warm that night and I ended up throwing most of it out.

Bummer that you didn't get to see Mickey or the parade again but I think overall you had a pretty successful night.

bummer about the cookie CMs - wonder if it depends on the manager for the evening or something since it wasn't just one rogue CM :confused3

Fully agree that you would think at the end of the night they would want to get rid of all the cookies they could

Glad you are able to look back and feel the parties were still a success and that you enjoyed them/glad you did them

I will tell you there were a few nights where I went home with full sleeves of Peppermint Bark cookies as did my roommate when he worked in Tomorrowland... :rolleyes1 so I guess they are put in deserving hands hehe :teeth: I'm still not sure why they didn't just stock you up with them tho. Normally they try to get rid of them from what my roommate told me and what I experienced at my own parties (they end up with A LOT at the end). Must've just been a funky night over there. Glad you got some cookies from Adventureland tho (those were my faves)!

I love all your end of the night photos! I recognize all the M3C projections and it's making me miss Christmas in MK so so much! :sad:

Your Crystal Palace breakfast made me miss it soooo much! I have a Touring Plans alert set for an 8am reservation in October and I hope it comes through!

This is ADORABLE!!

33047913941_3a7e02d091.jpg

So cute, oh my gosh!! I agree with a previous poster who said they look like something Disney would use in an ad. They both came out so great!

We had some extra time, so we decided to see the Country Bear Jamboree!

Always a worthwhile use of time!!

One of my most coveted photopass shots, I've never managed to get it but it is a goal!!

It was Kelly Clarkson!!

OH MY GOSH!!! I would have been so excited!! I love that you got to see her perform, your pictures are so good!

We were in line around 4:45pm with about 30 people in front of us. I had hopes that he would come out early. I know at past parties he had come out as early as 5! I was hoping at least 6:15-6:30 like the dwarves. ....Unfortunately this was not the case. He didn't come out until exactly at 7. A lot of people in line were pretty unhappy, myself included. It was a long wait and it still took about 30 minutes from the time he came out until the time we actually got to meet him.

This was so frustrating! I remember you reporting back on the MVMCP thread last year and I was so bummed...our party day started out being insanely hot, and there was no way we were waiting for three hours in that line. X was dealing with the ear infection, and it would have been a nightmare. L was sad since Jack is his favorite, but he was NOT into the wait time either.

I hope he and Sally come out early in October...although L will be really jealous of me!!

Cold and a shortage of cookies ugh! It sounds like you met up with a few CM's who were very strict rule followers lol:rotfl2:

Overall, how fun to hit two parties on your trip.

First to Tomorrowland for Peppermint Bark Cookies!
YUM!!!

This was a stark difference from our experience the first night when the CM was shoving as many as she could in our hands!
Yeah, no kidding! :sad2:

We tried as hard as we could and when we got there the CMs were already cleaning up :( We must've looked pretty wounded as a CM took pity on us and gave us some cookies anyway!
Awww, yay!!!

I just find it weird that they wouldn't be more willing to give extra, especially at the end of the night.
I agree, especially at the very end of the night!

Gorgeous :cloud9:

It was just a little discouraging to have things not go according to plan
Yes, it really is. Especially during your last time at the MK this trip :(

Excited to hear about your adventures in AK! :goodvibes

The station here was a little crowded but the lines move fast. So we get up to the CM and ask for cookies and ask if we can have some extra. The CM then proceeeded to give us a slightly hard time. He first asked if we even had tried the cookies yet and if we knew we liked them (in hindsight we should have lied but we had had a long night!), so we said no. He then made us TRY the cookie before giving us each ONE extra cookie. We then decided to just get in another line to get some more. We asked the CM there if we could have 3 cookies (for the record, they usually give you two). She seemed to acknowledge what we were asking for, but then we looked and she only gave us 2. This was a stark difference from our experience the first night when the CM was shoving as many as she could in our hands!

Weird! Maybe peppermint bark cookies were like a strangely hot commodity or something? What a strange treat encounter...

We then made our way back to the hub. We took some final pictures, soaking in our last moments in Magic Kingdom :(

Always so sad knowing you're leaving the Magic Kingdom. But cute photopass picture!

This ended up being one my favorite photos I took:

So nice! I love MK at Christmas.

Why be so stingy with the cookies when the night is over?! Maybe the CMs take them home so they don't want to give them away! lol It's not like candy from the Halloween parties that can be put away till the next one since they are individually wrapped. :confused3

Sorry the timing of the night didn't seem to go your way, but at least you had that wonderful first party to look back on! It can be frustrating, especially with the premium price they charge for the parties.

Wow, you did run into some strange CMs at the cookie stations. I never did try any of the cookies at the two parties I've been too. I did get hot chocolate one time but it was really warm that night and I ended up throwing most of it out.

Bummer that you didn't get to see Mickey or the parade again but I think overall you had a pretty successful night.

It was pretty strange! It was nice this year that the stations had different treats as opposed to past years where each station just had the same offerings.

It was a good night! And luckily we'd be meeting Mickey in holiday attire a little later in the trip :)

bummer about the cookie CMs - wonder if it depends on the manager for the evening or something since it wasn't just one rogue CM :confused3

Fully agree that you would think at the end of the night they would want to get rid of all the cookies they could

Glad you are able to look back and feel the parties were still a success and that you enjoyed them/glad you did them

It was just really strange, not sure what the deal was!

We definitely still had fun regardless, so it was all good!

I will tell you there were a few nights where I went home with full sleeves of Peppermint Bark cookies as did my roommate when he worked in Tomorrowland... :rolleyes1 so I guess they are put in deserving hands hehe :teeth: I'm still not sure why they didn't just stock you up with them tho. Normally they try to get rid of them from what my roommate told me and what I experienced at my own parties (they end up with A LOT at the end). Must've just been a funky night over there. Glad you got some cookies from Adventureland tho (those were my faves)!

I love all your end of the night photos! I recognize all the M3C projections and it's making me miss Christmas in MK so so much! :sad:

Haha well you certainly were lucky, those cookies were soooo good! I assumed they would just try and get rid of them, but I guess we just ran into some weird CMs though.

Thank you! Christmastime at MK is the best!

Your Crystal Palace breakfast made me miss it soooo much! I have a Touring Plans alert set for an 8am reservation in October and I hope it comes through!

This is ADORABLE!!

So cute, oh my gosh!! I agree with a previous poster who said they look like something Disney would use in an ad. They both came out so great!

Always a worthwhile use of time!!

One of my most coveted photopass shots, I've never managed to get it but it is a goal!!

OH MY GOSH!!! I would have been so excited!! I love that you got to see her perform, your pictures are so good!

This was so frustrating! I remember you reporting back on the MVMCP thread last year and I was so bummed...our party day started out being insanely hot, and there was no way we were waiting for three hours in that line. X was dealing with the ear infection, and it would have been a nightmare. L was sad since Jack is his favorite, but he was NOT into the wait time either.

I hope he and Sally come out early in October...although L will be really jealous of me!!

I hope you are able to get that CP reservation!

Thanks! We definitely got some cute pics with Alice :)

Ah I hope you get the Lumiere magic shot! Just keep your eye out for PP near Be Our Guest!

I was so excited to see Kelly, she is definitely one of my favorite performers!

The Jack fiasco was just a nightmare! Hopefully him and Sally come out early for you guys like in years past!

Cold and a shortage of cookies ugh! It sounds like you met up with a few CM's who were very strict rule followers lol:rotfl2:

Overall, how fun to hit two parties on your trip.

LOL I guess so! But it was still fun to attend 2 parties!

YUM!!!

Yeah, no kidding! :sad2:

Awww, yay!!!

I agree, especially at the very end of the night!

Gorgeous :cloud9:

Yes, it really is. Especially during your last time at the MK this trip :(

Excited to hear about your adventures in AK! :goodvibes

The peppermint bark cookies were probably my favorite, so yummy! (Even if we didn't get that many ;))

It was still a good time so I can't complain!

Bummer on the cookies. Maybe the CM wanted them for themselves....

Probably! :rotfl2:

Weird! Maybe peppermint bark cookies were like a strangely hot commodity or something? What a strange treat encounter...

Always so sad knowing you're leaving the Magic Kingdom. But cute photopass picture!

So nice! I love MK at Christmas.

They were pretty delicious! But it was just so strange!

It is always a sad feeling, but luckily wasn't the last day of our trip so we still had more fun to look forward to!

MK at Christmas is just so special :love:

Why be so stingy with the cookies when the night is over?! Maybe the CMs take them home so they don't want to give them away! lol It's not like candy from the Halloween parties that can be put away till the next one since they are individually wrapped. :confused3

Sorry the timing of the night didn't seem to go your way, but at least you had that wonderful first party to look back on! It can be frustrating, especially with the premium price they charge for the parties.

LOL I bet they do take them home! I can't imagine that they keep them for the next party. Very strange!

It was frustrating having the night go so fast and not getting as much done as we wanted, but we still had a good time and I was just so glad we did 2 parties on our trip!

November 11th- Animal Kingdom

We were a little slow moving this morning. The long night prior, plus all the long days, were catching up to us!

We were at the bus stop a little after 8:30 and at Animal Kingdom right around 9!

Since we were in no big rush, we stopped for some PP pictures in front of the Christmas Tree before heading inside!

By the time we got in the park the safari already had a decent wait, so we decided to spend some time taking more PP pics!

Up next...we get our day started!

I know I've said it before, but I really love those puffy bow ears!!

I also really like the Tink magic shot where she's sitting down instead of her usual pose!

I think the AK tree is my favorite of all the Christmas trees at Disney. So pretty!

You got some great PP pictures on the way into the park!

We were a little slow moving this morning. The long night prior, plus all the long days, were catching up to us!

Happens to the best of us when you tour like you do!

The same thing happened to us one morning we got to AK intending to go to the safari, so like you we did the PP thing. Your pictures are cute :)

I know I've said it before, but I really love those puffy bow ears!!

I also really like the Tink magic shot where she's sitting down instead of her usual pose!

Hehe thank you!! Maybe you will get yourself a pair on your upcoming trip ;)

I agree, that one is so cute!

I think the AK tree is my favorite of all the Christmas trees at Disney. So pretty!

You got some great PP pictures on the way into the park!

I agree, I love the ornaments on it!

Thanks!

Happens to the best of us when you tour like you do!

The same thing happened to us one morning we got to AK intending to go to the safari, so like you we did the PP thing. Your pictures are cute :)

It's true! I feel like if it was to happen on any morning, AK morning is the best because I find it easier to be leisurely at that park!

Excellent backup plan! :thumbsup2 And amazing pictures, as always :goodvibes

Thank you!! :goodvibes

I love your Mickey ears, so cute. Great start to your AK day.

Thanks, we bought them at Epcot earlier in the week! :)

You guys had some busy days; I'm impressed you were able to get up so early for AK after staying until the end of the Christmas Party!

What a nice way to start your day after a long night! I love your villains shirt and the purple Minnie ears! DAK has such a pretty tree and they have the cutest shots to take there (Did you happen to get the surprise the surprise magic shot with the trolls and hated the photo it was put on like I did?)

You guys had some busy days; I'm impressed you were able to get up so early for AK after staying until the end of the Christmas Party!

Thanks, we definitely weren't wasting any time!

What a nice way to start your day after a long night! I love your villains shirt and the purple Minnie ears! DAK has such a pretty tree and they have the cutest shots to take there (Did you happen to get the surprise the surprise magic shot with the trolls and hated the photo it was put on like I did?)

Thank you! I loved their Christmas tree! Haha I actually will need to go back and look if got that magic shot..I am fairly certain we did though :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter