The Split Personality Trip Report - Updated 12/16 Day 9

Last Full Day in my Happy Place!

Today we had to be up and at the bus stop fairly early. It was Star Wars Weekend Day for us! We had an ADR for 9:30 ish at Sci-Fi Diner for the Galactic Breakfast. I honestly was not looking forward to this event. I am not a Star Wars fan (I know…how dare I say that! Blasphemy!). We booked it because this was a meal that Matt really wanted to do. So all three of us made it out of bed and to the bus stop in time for us to make it to the reservation on time (I honestly can’t remember if we made rope drop or not). But once we get to Sci Fi we told them we needed a table and not a car (booth). They told us it would take a little longer due to there being so few tables. We understood and said we would wait. While waiting, it was really interesting to see all the people in costume. I knew that a DIS friend was going to be eating there about the same time as us (Hi Chunkymonkey!). I did not see her, but apparently, we were standing pretty close to each other while waiting to be seated and fairly close to each other while dining…photo proof to come soon.

While waiting a couple walked up to the podium for their ADR. Needless to say, they turned a few heads. They were dressed as Hans Solo and Slave Leia. Great costumes. Very well made and worn. Only problem is, Slave Leia was, um how to put this delicately, well SHE WAS PRACTICALLY NAKED! Ok, maybe not, but everyone did notice that Disney apparently asked her to cover up some as she was wearing a rather large sweatshirt later during the meal.

So we are finally called for our ADR. First up pictures with Darth Vader and Bobba Fett:

As you can see, Matt had brought his “real” Light Saber (hand crafted from SaberForge)…this will be important to remember later. These photos are the ones form our phones since the Photopass ones never showed up in our account.

Then we were seated at one of the tables in the back of the room/theater. We ordered out meals.

I had:

Ackbar Surprise
Smoke paprika-dusted shrimp pan seared and served with cheesy grits, chorizo oil drizzle

Matt had:

The Kessel Run
Grilled Beef Tenderloin on oven roasted tomato with bacon and cheddar custard, baby spinach and cheesy horseradish potatoes.

Sabrina had (I think…confirming with her):

Tatooine Sunrise
Scrambled Eggs, Nueske’s bacon, sausage links and breakfast potatoes

Before the entrees arrived, we had appetizers.

We also had the choice of yogurt parfait or fresh fruit. Matt & I chose the yogurt and Sabrina chose the fresh fruit (I think). Both of them tried the Bantha Milk (blueberry milk). I am not a big milk drinker so I did not even try it. I do know that neither of them liked it.

I took no pictures and can't figure out how to get other's pictures here,

I had ordered some coffee (needed it desperately). I remember thinking it was the best coffee I had on the trip. (even better than the pressed coffee and regular coffee at Kona). I know we all enjoyed our entrees very much. My shrimp and grits were DIVINE! The grits reminded me of the Mealie Pap at Tusker House breakfast (which I LOVE!). We also all ordered some bacon…cause mine and Matt’s meals did not come with bacon. While we were eating, we were also having some fun. You see, we knew to bring some goodies to trade with the Jawas. I am from New Orleans originally, and since my sister (and Haley and Zoe) were traveling from there, I asked her to bring me some really big shiny beads and doubloons to trade. She brought some great stuff! So the when the Jawas came around the first time, Matt pulled out a few doubloons and traded for

…. a binder clip. LOL

Sabrina traded a really nice big honking bead that had a thing that said Kiss Me on it for this cute Roz pull back toy…Matt was jealous.

Then I traded a big bead that had a large fake mug full of beer on the end of it for a really cool Darth Vader necklace…Matt was really jealous now.

Here is a picture of the Jawas…

We also ran into this guy…

We had some storm troopers browse at our table too…

All the while we noticed a young family had been seated at a table next to us. It was a mom, dad, infant (under 2) and a boy between 6-8 years old. We struck up a conversation with them and told them about trading with the Jawas and shared some loot with them. I gave him the Vader necklace. Matt let the boy check out his light saber (it is pretty cool to look at, especially in a dark restaurant like that). So while he is checking it out, the storm troopers come back and decide to arrest Matt. It was pretty funny. Sabrina and I just kept eating. Matt pleaded for the little guy to help him out since he still had the light saber. The boy had just put the saber under the table and ignored him like I don’t see anything happening and I don’t have a light saber, no not me Mr. Stormtrooper. It was pretty hysterical. They decided not to take him away in the end.

Well the Jawas came back to trade again, and Matt pulled out the rest of the bag of doubloons, and traded for

… a puzzle piece!

OMG! It was pretty stinking funny. Sabrina traded another big shiny necklace for a nice Ariel pin. Here’s our loot:

Oh by the way our waiter looked like Emlio Lopez (John Turturro) in Mr. Deeds the movie.

So we finished up and headed out. We were going to wait for the parade, but it was hot and we were tired. We also had a lunch ADR at Beaches and Cream which I cancelled…no way were we going to be able to try anything from there! We were heading to an outlet off property this afternoon, so we headed back to the resort. Getting through the stores while the parade was starting was a nightmare…especially with the EVCs.

We made it back to the hotel and hopped in the car to make the outlet run. I was a bit disappointed, but I did pick up this Vera Bradley Hipster for $20:

When we got back to the hotel, we headed back out to HS and Star Wars Day, because we had one more special ADR to make.

Rebel Hangar

While waiting for our ADR, we all decided to try one of the specialty drinks they had at the bar.

I tried the Alderaan, Matt had the Endor and I can’t remember the third one that Sabrina got.

Holy moly those drinks were strong. Matt ended up finishing mine. He may have helped Sabrina with some of hers too. We were finally called into the restaurant. We were seated at a table that was up against a railing. It was kind of in a walkway (or open hallway sort of). It was only our table and another. We did not have the festive table decorations that most tables had. We also seemed to be at the crossover place for character interaction…the characters would finish up at the last table in the room that led to our “hallway” and start back up at the first table in the next room off our “hallway” (think of a U shaped room where our hallway was the bottom of the U and the two rooms make up the sides of the U).

Service here was okay…not great but not horrible. Matt and Sabrina ordered drinks here…Matt wanted a complete set of the glow in the dark special Ice Cubes, so he (and Sabrina) ordered this:

We ordered our meals:

Matt got: The trio of something (no pics, but he liked it)

I got: The Light Sabers (mini corn dogs...they were good)

Sabrina got: the salad plate

All was good except for Sabrina’s. Those CP3O cheese crackers tasted like sawdust. They were pretty bad. Matt and I enjoyed our food. We ordered two cupcake samplers because both Matt and Sabrina wanted the Hans Solo in carbonite souvenir box. All these cupcakes were YUMMY!

Overall, I probably would not do this meal again. The others may disagree, but it just was not worth it to me.

When we left there, Matt and I headed back to the room to finish packing and getting things in the car. We wanted to be on the road early the next morning. Sabrina wanted to ride a few more rides, so she stayed…she could sleep in the back seat the next day…Matt and I would be driving.

We got all but our toiletries packed up and in the car before Sabrina made it back to the room. She finally came back and we somehow managed to play car jenga once again…she was literally sitting on things coming home too.

We woke up early the next morning, checked out of the hotel, dropped off scooters and hit the road by 7:30. It was a long drive back. We stopped for breakfast sat a McDonald’s about two hours away from WDW. I can’t remember if I was the first driver or Matt was, but we switched off after breakfast. I do remember driving through Atlanta and Chattanooga, but that is about all I remember. We had to switch off driving often because both of us were extremely tired. We did stop somewhere in GA for lunch at Burger King (and remember a large church group being very loud…I was getting a headache, so I did not appreciate it much) We got home to Sabrina’s mom waiting for her in our driveway. We got her stuff in their car and brought our stuff in where al lot of it still sits on my dining room table. (don’t judge…I have been busy! LOL!)

Although this trip had a lot of bumps in the road, there was a lot of fun had too. I did learn a lot on this trip.

I actually have a trip scheduled for next Oct/Nov. So far the people joining me are: Matt and possibly my sister again. She has asked if we could bring Zoe again, and I told I would have to think about it. I know I do not want to do the princess thing again…except maybe eat at CRT again for breakfast. I do not want to bring her momma with us…she only wants to be there for a few days, and that adds too much stress to me to try to fit things in for her schedule. I want to go for my 10 days and be able to take it easy and have afternoon naps. So, I am thinking about the little one. The pros: she is an easy going kid that goes with the flow, she is used to being away from her mom for long periods of time (weird custody arrangements in my opinion) so being with just Kim is probably not an issue, it is fun to see WDW from a 4 (she will be 5 then) year old’s view! Cons: Not offending her mom by taking her by herself (don’t want to deal with any family drama…don’t really know if this would be an issue), she may want to do more princess stuff, cost. So, a lot of if’s. This trip started out with the dog whisperer coming along with us, but she will probably not join us since her and Matt have had some personality conflicts…I would honestly love for her to puppy sit again. I know, selfish of me…

Well folks, that is it! Sorry it has taken me so long to finish this last piece. Hopefully my next one will not drag on!

Awesome last day! I am glad you came back and caught us all up! Maybe someday we will have colliding trips again :)

Do my eyes deceive me or did you just post an UPDATE???!!!! :banana:

Hahaha, here is the proof photo that we were in Sci Fi at the SAME TIME! I even put a box where you guys are sitting! LOL.

b2m9DiGJH55Glpi71vNnQEj-FyaymQuc0a29y-QdP5BdsOpPA3xWO7imJg45v4tqks5B12gkcGU108qCRej6c1hpyRrSXn1BfcfENiY9rf_LP2IKGiKe9Z6e2XFNG9BSh5MJhaWADxqiFTqRpJe7uLV4EdOeBwT2PVtr-Omm4E-T6oEauHs1kfJ8654jcap2ZjyS2qZcOEbQuRHFySzX_Q65xJl8JLgWvQosH2bADPvYF_oP_DkBTwxBhb2y-bHLwXjhK6PQsmWQOeVxwWFwmA76Cni03jIRPGYHaryFX73CPKV-uNq_98k215gkHW5zRnYuLmseUglcJ6Bb6ysKf2dOyjs1ds5OTwQVG0BHX2QqFbp0W0EZdn4EVA1f_uNl8dS4u_jWiFVRIT5Jqm-6iTZu06CLIj_mk_mnFZCPnHpG2NnLoO4oi6iZthgpRg891Ryoel3jcsZtReIwRTpdGRn48YGYZueggsI5kpKbQUracazfKiXBHrwoqgRU2iiRmR5nxh8Om2xQxAoFu2s9_wiSz2tRZlvQYjoBBsqLEvufsXqAzRRiohFyW7JuWD84HGK-TQ=w863-h571-no

Here's to almost meeting you guys! :grouphug:

You guys had more luck trading with the Jawas than us LOL.

That's really funny about the light sabre and the stormtroopers arresting Matt. Too funny. Those are such fun pictures!

We really enjoyed Rebel Hangar but I guess you had a different experience. But now you can get most of the food at Backlot Express anyways.

Glad you finished this TR!!

Fun pics!

They were dressed as Hans Solo and Slave Leia. Great costumes. Very well made and worn.

I can see where this might become an issue! :lmao:

Ackbar Surprise
Smoke paprika-dusted shrimp pan seared and served with cheesy grits, chorizo oil drizzle

That sounds yummy. There used to be a place near my office that had shrimp and grits. I'm not a Southerner, so I've never known if they were truly authentic, but they were definitely yummy!

Matt pulled out a few doubloons and traded for

…. a binder clip. LOL

That's hysterical! Especially when they came back with the puzzle piece! :rotfl:

both Matt and Sabrina wanted the Hans Solo in carbonite souvenir box

I can respect that.

I actually have a trip scheduled for next Oct/Nov

Yay! I hope it comes together for you all...

You finished it!!!!! That was an EPIC end to the trip, I must say! Our family are BIG Star Wars fans, so yeah. Loved this update! So many things to comment on...

1. So sad that there will be no SW Weekends. This was something that was on our Disney bucket list that we will never get to experience now.
2. I HOPE beyond hopes that the new park addition for SW Land will include some sort of character meal! What a great experience. My guys would be fangirling over that stuff, for real!
3. Matt's saber!!!! We had no idea there was such a thing! I have now sent DH a link to the web site... I can see giving them a big chunk of our hard earned money in the future!
4. It is too bad our dates will not intersect at all next year!

Awesome last day! I am glad you came back and caught us all up! Maybe someday we will have colliding trips again :)

I was hoping to add a lot more pictures, but I realized I took none, and that was one of the things holding up this segment. So I just revised it to take out the pictures and notes about the pictures. It would be nice to meet IRL! There are several DIS friends going right around my trip that is scheduled for next year. But none are actually overlapping!! I am so sad about this. Now if I could just win that lottery so I can go at the same time as everyone else (in other words, live there :) ), that would be awesome!
Do my eyes deceive me or did you just post an UPDATE???!!!! :banana:

Hahaha, here is the proof photo that we were in Sci Fi at the SAME TIME! I even put a box where you guys are sitting! LOL.

b2m9DiGJH55Glpi71vNnQEj-FyaymQuc0a29y-QdP5BdsOpPA3xWO7imJg45v4tqks5B12gkcGU108qCRej6c1hpyRrSXn1BfcfENiY9rf_LP2IKGiKe9Z6e2XFNG9BSh5MJhaWADxqiFTqRpJe7uLV4EdOeBwT2PVtr-Omm4E-T6oEauHs1kfJ8654jcap2ZjyS2qZcOEbQuRHFySzX_Q65xJl8JLgWvQosH2bADPvYF_oP_DkBTwxBhb2y-bHLwXjhK6PQsmWQOeVxwWFwmA76Cni03jIRPGYHaryFX73CPKV-uNq_98k215gkHW5zRnYuLmseUglcJ6Bb6ysKf2dOyjs1ds5OTwQVG0BHX2QqFbp0W0EZdn4EVA1f_uNl8dS4u_jWiFVRIT5Jqm-6iTZu06CLIj_mk_mnFZCPnHpG2NnLoO4oi6iZthgpRg891Ryoel3jcsZtReIwRTpdGRn48YGYZueggsI5kpKbQUracazfKiXBHrwoqgRU2iiRmR5nxh8Om2xQxAoFu2s9_wiSz2tRZlvQYjoBBsqLEvufsXqAzRRiohFyW7JuWD84HGK-TQ=w863-h571-no

Here's to almost meeting you guys! :grouphug:

You guys had more luck trading with the Jawas than us LOL.

That's really funny about the light sabre and the stormtroopers arresting Matt. Too funny. Those are such fun pictures!

We really enjoyed Rebel Hangar but I guess you had a different experience. But now you can get most of the food at Backlot Express anyways.

Glad you finished this TR!!

Fun pics!

Thanks for posting the picture! I was really surprised at how much we enjoyed the breakfast. I think it was a matter of where we were sitting (add to it that we were really tired!) that made Rebel Hangar more of a disappointment for me. It was just at an odd intersection...we could see the other tables getting some character loving...just none for us! I really liked the food (except the sawdust cheese cracker thingy)...It will certainly be interesting to see how everything changes.

I can see where this might become an issue! :lmao:

That sounds yummy. There used to be a place near my office that had shrimp and grits. I'm not a Southerner, so I've never known if they were truly authentic, but they were definitely yummy!

That's hysterical! Especially when they came back with the puzzle piece! :rotfl:

I can respect that.

Yay! I hope it comes together for you all...

I am a grits sorta girl! If you like them, there is something called Mealie Pap at Tusker House breakfast that is just TOTALLY YUMMY!!! I could eat my weight in that stuff (and that is a lot! LOL!) The Jawa trading was truly fun...like I said, I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed this experience! The food and the character interaction was above and beyond what I expected! I sure hope the fall/winter plans work out.

You finished it!!!!! That was an EPIC end to the trip, I must say! Our family are BIG Star Wars fans, so yeah. Loved this update! So many things to comment on...

1. So sad that there will be no SW Weekends. This was something that was on our Disney bucket list that we will never get to experience now.
2. I HOPE beyond hopes that the new park addition for SW Land will include some sort of character meal! What a great experience. My guys would be fangirling over that stuff, for real!
3. Matt's saber!!!! We had no idea there was such a thing! I have now sent DH a link to the web site... I can see giving them a big chunk of our hard earned money in the future!
4. It is too bad our dates will not intersect at all next year!

I understand the WDW Bucket List...Osborne Lights was one of mine that won't ever happen (unless I win said lottery this week!)
I am really looking forward to some fresh ideas and attractions at Hollywood Studios (Always MGM to me)
Yeah, he a few of them...along with a jedi outfit...can hook you up with a local seamstress for that if your hubby needs it...not really bad in cost on that part...we had to drag two sabers with us to WDW...you know, in case me or Sabrina needed one. The only thing about them, is if you fly they will be hard to deal with as that "blade" does not collapse.
As I mentioned above, I really need to win that lottery so that I can live down there and be able to visit with my DIS friends at any time!

Seriously the COOLEST update ever!! everything is OUT OF THIS WORLD--- Get it???
Come on that was funny...

Well the Jawas came back to trade again,
Okay, I think this entire experience sounds like a hoot & a half, from the trading with the Jawas to Matt getting arrested! I loved reading about this one, thank you for sharing!

I can’t remember if I was the first driver or Matt was, but we switched off after breakfast. I do remember driving through Atlanta and Chattanooga, but that is about all I remember.
Oh gosh, you poor tired thing! I know what it's like, though. My drive home from WDW is usually just a blur, too!

We got her stuff in their car and brought our stuff in where al lot of it still sits on my dining room table. (don’t judge…I have been busy! LOL!)
Bahahahaa! I laugh because I do the same thing!

Although this trip had a lot of bumps in the road, there was a lot of fun had too. I did learn a lot on this trip.
I can definitely relate to that after my recent trip!

I actually have a trip scheduled for next Oct/Nov.
Yes, you do!!! We need to see if it's possible to get together on Oct. 28, as we're passing each other by!

Okay, I think this entire experience sounds like a hoot & a half, from the trading with the Jawas to Matt getting arrested! I loved reading about this one, thank you for sharing!

The funny thing about getting arrested, is earlier in the week when we had gone to HS early one day, we spent a good hunk of time talking to a manager about Matt's light sabers and he made the comment that he "was friends with" Darth Vader. We think he may have been a character like Darth himself or a Storm Trooper (just conjecture on our part) & that made the stormtroopers come to him...or the cool light saber. But for someone that does not care for Star Wars, I had a really good time here.

I bet you do understand the ups & downs now...lol!

I was telling Matt the other day that we may need to drive in Thursday night so we can have breakfast with you (you like how I invited myself?) on that last day. (He asked what I was laughing hysterically about...had just read the meme I tagged you in about no pants) We need to do "solo" trips together one time...we seem to like most of the same things (and food!). Plus I have some awesome incentives being a CM...just saying. LOL! Of course when I win that lottery, you are of course welcome anytime at my house in Golden Oaks.

Take care my friend!

The funny thing about getting arrested, is earlier in the week when we had gone to HS early one day, we spent a good hunk of time talking to a manager about Matt's light sabers and he made the comment that he "was friends with" Darth Vader. We think he may have been a character like Darth himself or a Storm Trooper (just conjecture on our part) & that made the stormtroopers come to him...or the cool light saber. But for someone that does not care for Star Wars, I had a really good time here.
I think that I finally, after 30 years of fighting it, have caught the Star Wars fandom bug. God have mercy on my soul. :darth:

I bet you do understand the ups & downs now...lol!
Oh yeah. I'll be glossing over the downs in the interest of keeping my TR positive, though. You know how it goes. LOL 8-)

I was telling Matt the other day that we may need to drive in Thursday night so we can have breakfast with you (you like how I invited myself?) on that last day.
YES! Invite yourselves, please! Just let me know how many! My ADR date is in April, and I'll grab the latest table they have that morning for all of us. What a fun way for ya'll to start your trip! :thumbsup2 I'll also pass on any leftover water bottles and snacks I have to you!

(He asked what I was laughing hysterically about...had just read the meme I tagged you in about no pants) We need to do "solo" trips together one time...we seem to like most of the same things (and food!).
That would be so much fun! :hyper:

Plus I have some awesome incentives being a CM...just saying. LOL!
I'm down for that! Your CM benefits are even better than my travel agent/military benefits, I'm sure! ::yes::

Of course when I win that lottery, you are of course welcome anytime at my house in Golden Oaks.
How about I just move into the guest house? :rotfl:

Take care my friend!
You too, Lynn!!! :hug:

I'm glad you finished your trip report (and I'm glad you haven't posted much in the past month so I could easily catch up!).

It sounds like you had a nice last day at the park - the Star Wars breakfast sounded really fun. I'm glad that you had a few magical moments in your trip despite some of the craziness and the ups and downs - I hope your next trip is super magical and I look forward to hearing about it!

I'm glad you finished your trip report (and I'm glad you haven't posted much in the past month so I could easily catch up!).

It sounds like you had a nice last day at the park - the Star Wars breakfast sounded really fun. I'm glad that you had a few magical moments in your trip despite some of the craziness and the ups and downs - I hope your next trip is super magical and I look forward to hearing about it!

Thanks! I can't wait to read more of yours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter