The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

You wake up at 3:15am on the east coast and I wake up at 3:30AM when I'm on the west coast. Neither of us like time change do we?

I Think it has to do with a strange bed as well, at least for me.

Glad you got to at least enjoy your ride on Test Track!

It's definitely a fun ride, and I can't do it in CA!

The French Family Meal looks like it was a good event! That entree does look really rich! Smart move on the easy dinner that night!

The French Family Meal is our favorite event of the festival! We always have the fixins for grilled cheese in our grocery order so it's always a good fall back!

Well, with only a few breaks in between

They were short enough so as not to count.

This almost looks like something I'd design. Only your power could be higher and your responsiveness lower... Pretty good all around scores. Efficiency is overrated anyway

:laughing:

So Fran didn't even need to steal anyone else's drinks!

Not today!

Well yeah... you can't let a good piece of cake like this go to waste!

I just wish I had the appetite that I had when I was a kid on the swim team!

I'm never one to reach for the salad first, but a good grilled cheese sandwich is one of life's simple pleasures.

Truer words were never spoken.

What a day!
I can relate to running late ;) we both have a hard time getting out of the room in time, but that is what we call perfect timing if you made it to Test Track with 6 minutes to spare. :thumbsup2

And Pam says they give you a 15 minute grace period after and 5 mins before so it's actually a 1 hour and 20 minute window.

Lunch looks VERY yummy with LOTS of wine. The stew doesn't look like a huge portion, but I guess the cream makes it pretty filling. The cake looks delish!!! And no wonder you had to go back to the room - an experience like this makes you "tired". ::yes::

Yes the lunch was so filling because of the cream sauce on the fish, but also the fact that they just kept pouring the wine. I find I get more full when I drink a ton of wine!

Good idea to have dinner in the room and I love your combo of Caesar Salad and Grilled Cheese. Yum.

Last year we had tomato soup and grilled cheese after the French lunch. This year we just happened to skip the Caesar salad the first night so it was perfect to go with the grilled cheese.

::yes:: I agree, let's sit outside at Trader Sam's in December. There may be a bunch of us and I hate navigating their system....or lack thereof. :crazy: :scared:

Besides it's been so mild lately, outside may be nice!

This French meal looks amazing!!! Love how they are not stingy with the wine.

That's one of the reasons the $99 price tag is so reasonable. Not only is it a great "destination meal" for the day, you can really get your drunk on. Rarely do I do that much day drinking, but evidently it's a thing for the French!

Last edited:
Agree with sitting outside!

Two weeks from today! :banana:

I love Monsieur Paul! The French lunch looks amazing...I'm still sad I couldn't get it last year. I love the fact that they are not stingy on the refills...Viva la France!

It was totally amazing! I wonder if they don't take parties of odd numbers and that's why we couldn't get in last year.

Fran left without buying anything? I'm proud and amazed! LOL

I know! That's why I had to include that little piece of information.

Your dinner looks delicious! Grilled cheese is one of my favorites!

That might be our dinner tonight!

Wow that French meal looks amazing!

:welcome:

It was totally amazing!

I saw that. Wow!

We love our Amazon! And just now sitting in the vet's waiting room she ordered me additional charging cords for the new phone i got last weekend. The first one will arrive by 9PM tonight and its noon now.

50s would be jacket or sweater weather. ::yes::

Which is why I never get to wear sweaters or jackets. The only time it gets in the 50s is at night and we rarely go out at night anymore. And if we do it's just to go in and out of the car and into a restaurant or band practice.

I don't think I'd be able to really appreciate it though, tbh.

It is an acquired taste.

Ouch. Sorry, totally foreign to me.

Yeah, we can't seem to figure out how to get your express bus pass!

Ah. Don't recall that I've ever gone resort to resort... seems I must have?

Not necessarily. You spend more time in parks than dining. Although the time you and Kay had ice cream at Beaches and Cream you must have gone back to your resort afterwards. It was late enough that the parks were probably closed.

It seems I am very different. ;)

You said it, not me!

I get that.

Stupid overflow hole. Need to figure out how to plug that.

Fran got me one of these to counteract that.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00314WHW...t=&hvlocphy=9031067&hvtargid=pla-308999035805

Ah. Just when you said you had to order coffee and a grinder was cheaper, I wondered if you needed a different coffee maker as well.

You really know nothing about coffee, do you?

Shoot. Don't think I'm going to convince my lady to do that for me.

Well if you had severe RA and she wasn't able to book you an accessible room, maybe she would consider it. Perhaps if you were terrified of the shower....

Ah. Got it.
I'm sure we've had this conversation before.

I think every time we buy one.

Ah. Looked smaller in the photo.

The plate was deceiving. It was a full sized dinner plate, but I can see where it looked like a smaller plate.

Oh, really. You get good discounts then, yes?
Or maybe prices are just that much different from ours

Or I just drink cheap boxed wine! :laughing:

She's probably stronger, but I'm quick! (when I haven't thrown out my back)

Speed and agility are not her strong points!

20 minutes in the security line! :faint:

Epcot is always the worst!

Very sparkly!

I added that touch at the last minute.

Probably a wise choice.

I've learned that I'm not very photogenic after a few glasses of wine.

Hey, look at that! I'd probably eat that.:rotfl2:

Is that the first thing you've seen so far that you would eat?

Seems like it was a calm, relaxing day. Nothing wrong with that.

Good food, good wine, a nap and chilling in the room. Yeah it was a pretty good day.

Wow, that is what I call result. It looks pretty cool, too.

Thanks!

I would have been all over this. I love anything with goats cheese. The rest of the menu looked pretty good to me, too apart from the fish.

There was pretty much enough food that if you didn't care for one course, you could have skipped and still been OK. Besides there is always bread and butter.

WE did the same lunch just a week (and 2 days) later than you. The menu as you know was significantly different, except the first pastry dish was very similar as was the Lillet wine, and of course they used the little pot for the main course.

Yeah, Le Creuset is a sponsor of the meal so all the mains are served in those. I saw your pictures on FB and I was back at home. I was rather envious!

We also got extremely drunk - hard not to with 3 hours of free pours - I think I probably had 12-15 glasses of wine myself.

There was no way I could have counted because they just kept filling the glass. Last year I had nine glasses and they let the glasses get close to empty before refilling.

While I wasn't so drunk that I don't remember the trip, I do have to say I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow in our room, and when I woke up two hours later I was still drunk - which is a pretty rare event for sure.

That's pretty much how I felt, except I'm not sure if I was still drunk when I woke.

DW still talks about how much she enjoyed that meal - I don't know for sure if we will do it again next year or try a different one, but it certainly would be hard to top.

There are others that are good, but we really like this one!

You've done a lot more of these than we have - is this your favorite?

Absolutely! The Mediterranean Lunch is my second favorite. I need to try an Italian one, but no beer.

That meal was fabulous! How nice that they were generous with the wine!

It was so wonderful and so filling! The wine was awesome.

Your French lunch looked divine, and how lovely about the generous pours.

It was fabulous and fun too!

I’m pretty sure it was even in the 40s that week, with some nights dipping into the 30s. It was way too cold!

I did remember seeing lows in the 40s, but we didn't leave the room at that time of day on those days.

Fran had an excellent idea, sometimes its so nice just to have a calm evening in the room.

Especially after all that wine. I think we had an early evening.

Which is why I never get to wear sweaters or jackets. The only time it gets in the 50s is at night and we rarely go out at night anymore. And if we do it's just to go in and out of the car and into a restaurant or band practice.

Ah. Well, that does make sense.
I tend to be outside a bit more.......... shoveling.

Yeah, we can't seem to figure out how to get your express bus pass!

It's a perk for being the wonderful, amazing me that I am.

:lmao:

Not necessarily. You spend more time in parks than dining. Although the time you and Kay had ice cream at Beaches and Cream you must have gone back to your resort afterwards. It was late enough that the parks were probably closed.

I'm almost positive that that was the one and only time that..... I took a cab.

Dang! Does it work???

You really know nothing about coffee, do you?

No, I meant: Are you one of those purists that must have a French press, or their own coffee machine that has the perfect temperature or...

Although... you are correct. I know nothing of coffee.

Well if you had severe RA and she wasn't able to book you an accessible room, maybe she would consider it. Perhaps if you were terrified of the shower....

Well, I am afraid of water, so....... Hmmm.....

Or I just drink cheap boxed wine! :laughing:

Okay! :laughing:

Wow! What an amazing Day 3. That food is just fantastic. I've just had a sandwich for lunch and your pics have made me hungry again.

Are you on strict water restrictions in Cali?

Ah. Well, that does make sense.
I tend to be outside a bit more.......... shoveling.

Huh. Shoveling what? Do you have a garden? :confused3

It's a perk for being the wonderful, amazing me that I am.

:)

I'm almost positive that that was the one and only time that..... I took a cab.

We have done that before on occasion.

Dang! Does it work???

Yes it does. It gives you a couple more inches of water.

No, I meant: Are you one of those purists that must have a French press, or their own coffee machine that has the perfect temperature or...

I kinda used to be. I used to grind my beans every day and I had a pot with a manual filter, I would boil my water and then pour it into the filter making sure to soak the beans just right....somewhere along the way (while I still lived in the old house) I gave up and had Fran buy me a Keurig machine.

Although... you are correct. I know nothing of coffee.

Well, I am afraid of water, so....... Hmmm.....

I don't think that counts. You don't bathe in the ocean...or at least I wouldn't think so.

Wow! What an amazing Day 3. That food is just fantastic. I've just had a sandwich for lunch and your pics have made me hungry again.

It was amazing. I have not been eating very fancy for the past couple weeks. Fairly some dinners. I miss nice food. ;)

Are you on strict water restrictions in Cali?

We used to be. They lifted the drought restrictions after the heavy rains last year, but are still encouraging people to relandscape with drought resistant plants and more gardens than lawns.

I'm ready for an update just an FYI. :lmao:

OK. It's been ready for weeks now. Just waiting for folks to get caught up!

Day 4

I woke up just before 4AM and my body really hurt, so much that it didn't want to go back to sleep. I did some deep tissue massage on my forearms, and then did some heavy stretching for my thighs and calves, and eventually my chronically injured shoulder. After about an hour I could feel the blood flowing and laid back down to try and get a little more sleep. I did some deep breathing and while it didn't really feel like I drifted off to sleep, I must have been in a light sleep because the next thing I knew it was 6:30. At that point I felt up to waking up. We needed to be out the door early this morning because it was Strawberry Soup day!

We were up and dressed and both had some V8 while we messed around on our computers waiting for time to go. I also had a cup of coffee, guess I forgot to take pictures, well it's just coffee and V8, I could probably dig up an old one if you really wanted to see it.

We left just a little before 9AM and soon after the bus to the MK arrived. We were boarded and on our way. We made it on plenty of time for our ADR at 1900 Park Fare. It was an annoyance to have to go through security to get to the monorail, but it was nice on the way back to MK to go through it at the Grand Floridian and not have to again once we got to MK. There were no delays on the monorail and we hardly had to wait long for our table.

They had the standard fare on offer.

z17FW1028BK01.jpg

z17FW1028BK02.jpg

z17FW1028BK03.jpg

z17FW1028BK04.jpg

z17FW1028BK05.jpg

z17FW1028BK13.jpg

z17FW1028BK14.jpg

z17FW1028BK15.jpg

Cooked to order omelet station.

z17FW1028BK06.jpg

Some more stuff that you can have anywhere..

z17FW1028BK07.jpg

z17FW1028BK08.jpg

z17FW1028BK09.jpg

Behold the Strawberry soup! Fran had me bring her a bowl of this right off.

z17FW1028BK10.jpg

z17FW1028BK16.jpg

I made myself a little breakfast burrito from this section for my first trip.

z17FW1028BK11.jpg

z17FW1028BK12.jpg

z17FW1028BK17.jpg

Then Fran went back and got a plateful of stuff.

z17FW1028BK18.jpg

I got myself a bowl of Strawberry Soup.

z17FW1028BK19.jpg

And she got herself another bowl of the Strawberry Soup.

z17FW1028BK20.jpg

I got a Mickey Waffle, and was stuffed. You notice how my plates are all stacked on top of each other. I was not impressed with our server who didn’t clear any of my plates.

z17FW1028BK21.jpg

We met with only a few characters, seems Tigger doesn't come around anymore.

z17FW1028BK22.jpg

z17FW1028BK23.jpg

z17FW1028BK24.jpg

We paid our bill and headed out to MK. Just as we walked onto Main Street the Vamos Parade was going on so we stopped to watch for a bit.

z17FW1028MK01.jpg

z17FW1028MK02.jpg

z17FW1028MK03.jpg

z17FW1028MK04.jpg

z17FW1028MK05.jpg

z17FW1028MK06.jpg

z17FW1028MK07.jpg

z17FW1028MK08.jpg

I think I'll wrap it up there for now.

Huh. Shoveling what? Do you have a garden? :confused3

I have a brown thumb.
I kill everything I touch.
So.... no.

And I have to shovel today again. yay.

Yes it does. It gives you a couple more inches of water.

Well, I'll be!
A couple of inches... in those tubs... is huge.

I kinda used to be. I used to grind my beans every day and I had a pot with a manual filter, I would boil my water and then pour it into the filter making sure to soak the beans just right....somewhere along the way (while I still lived in the old house) I gave up and had Fran buy me a Keurig machine.

Ah. Convenience trumps all. :)

I don't think that counts. You don't bathe in the ocean...or at least I wouldn't think so.

Nope. I like things to not be bitten off.

I'll come back to read the update a bit later.

Or..... maybe I'll read it now after all.
Feeling a bit down and needed the pick-me-up.

I woke up just before 4AM

:sad2:

Sleep! Just sleep!!!

(I'm one to talk! :laughing:)

and my body really hurt, so much that it didn't want to go back to sleep. I did some deep tissue massage on my forearms, and then did some heavy stretching for my thighs and calves, and eventually my chronically injured shoulder.

I'm sorry if I'm forgetting something here.
Why were you so sore, Alison?

I did some deep breathing and while it didn't really feel like I drifted off to sleep, I must have been in a light sleep because the next thing I knew it was 6:30.

Good. That's a more respectable time.

We needed to be out the door early this morning because it was Strawberry Soup day!

Nothing to get hung about...

I also had a cup of coffee, guess I forgot to take pictures, well it's just coffee and V8, I could probably dig up an old one if you really wanted to see it.

I almost feel like saying "yes"
just to make you do it.

But... then you'd do it to me! :laughing:

We left just a little before 9AM and soon after the bus to the MK arrived. We were boarded and on our way. We made it on plenty of time for our ADR at 1900 Park Fare. It was an annoyance to have to go through security to get to the monorail, but it was nice on the way back to MK to go through it at the Grand Floridian and not have to again once we got to MK. There were no delays on the monorail and we hardly had to wait long for our table.

Interesting.
I wonder... you must have to go through bag check at the TTC then. Don't think I knew that.

They had the standard fare

Uh, huh.
I wouldn't consider Mickey shaped waffles as standard fare. :)
(Well... I guess at Disney it is.)

Nope.
Made it. Tried it.
While I don't dislike it (like I thought I would, actually), it's just not my thing.

What is that?

Now we're talking! Hello, Bennies!

Some more stuff that you can have anywhere..

I just ran upstairs.

Nope.

I can't have it here.
Well... not without a lot of work.

Behold the Strawberry soup! Fran had me bring her a bowl of this right off.

::yes::
No surprise there!

I made myself a little breakfast burrito from this section for my first trip.

Huh! I never would've thought of that and...

... never would've thought about putting a sausage (and tater tots?) in there either.

Benny. 11 o'clock.

I got myself a bowl of Strawberry Soup.

And she got herself another bowl of the Strawberry Soup.

...strawberry soup forever

You notice how my plates are all stacked on top of each other. I was not impressed with our server who didn’t clear any of my plates.

:sad2: Even the crappiest little buffet places clear your plates fairly quickly.
I would've expected much better.

Just as we walked onto Main Street the Vamos Parade was going on so we stopped to watch for a bit.

?? Don't know this one. Maybe I just walked by it thinking it was the Move it (or whatever) annoying parade.

Interesting angle. Don't think I've seen that one before. I know where it is... just the angle it was taken from is new to me.

Yay!!!! Great update.

Why was your body so sore?

I need to try that strawberry soup. I also need to get back to WDW!

The parade looks cute and I LOVE your pics at breakfast; especially the one with the Mad Hatter. I really enjoy when the characters get really into the part.

I have a brown thumb.
I kill everything I touch.
So.... no.

And I have to shovel today again. yay.

Really? It's warmer outside here than the temperature inside our house. We refuse to turn on the heat unless it gets really really cold.

Or..... maybe I'll read it now after all.
Feeling a bit down and needed the pick-me-up.

:hug:

Sleep! Just sleep!!!

(I'm one to talk! :laughing:)

I have no problems at home. I don't know what is wrong with me at Disney!

I'm sorry if I'm forgetting something here.
Why were you so sore, Alison?

I'm guessing from all the wine that I drank! :laughing:

Good. That's a more respectable time.

Nothing to get hung about...

Strawberry Soup forever.

I almost feel like saying "yes"
just to make you do it.

But... then you'd do it to me! :laughing:

But I'm feeling lazy today.

Interesting.
I wonder... you must have to go through bag check at the TTC then. Don't think I knew that.

Probably, they switched everything up last December at both WDW and DL.

Uh, huh.
I wouldn't consider Mickey shaped waffles as standard fare. :)
(Well... I guess at Disney it is.)

It sure is.

Nope.
Made it. Tried it.
While I don't dislike it (like I thought I would, actually), it's just not my thing.

Not everyone likes it. I think it's OK although we found a place near our house that makes really good Biscuits and Gravy. Fran really likes them.

What is that?

Cheese blintzes.

Now we're talking! Hello, Bennies!

I don't know why I didn't have one.

I just ran upstairs.

Is your kitchen upstairs?

Nope.

I can't have it here.
Well... not without a lot of work.

Yeah, but if you went to a breakfast buffet I bet you could.

No surprise there!

Huh! I never would've thought of that and...

... never would've thought about putting a sausage (and tater tots?) in there either.

Well Breakfast Burritos are big in California. I made one last time I was there and when I showed it to Fran she said, "why didn't you put Tater Tots in it?" So I made sure to right that wrong this time.

Benny. 11 o'clock.

...strawberry soup forever

Haven't I heard that somewhere before? ECHO....Echo.....echo

:sad2: Even the crappiest little buffet places clear your plates fairly quickly.
I would've expected much better.

Yup. She didn't even come round to ask if we wanted anything else.

?? Don't know this one. Maybe I just walked by it thinking it was the Move it (or whatever) annoying parade.

I think you're right, it's the Move It, Shake It Parade. But it's so short, I didn't even know it really had a name. I thought they called it Vamos because it was gone so quick!

Interesting angle. Don't think I've seen that one before. I know where it is... just the angle it was taken from is new to me.

It's my "I just went under the train tracks at MK" shot.

Yay!!!! Great update.

Why was your body so sore?

:confused3 All the wine I drank the day before?

I need to try that strawberry soup. I also need to get back to WDW!

I could make it for Christmas Day (whatever we are going to be doing.....)

The parade looks cute and I LOVE your pics at breakfast; especially the one with the Mad Hatter. I really enjoy when the characters get really into the part.

The ones at this buffet are great! I think next time we'll do dinner again, the Stepsisters are a riot!

Hi I'm in,and enjoying your sense of humor LOL!
Why does one cat get green beans?????
Anyway, can't wait to experience Disney through your eyes.

Really? It's warmer outside here than the temperature inside our house. We refuse to turn on the heat unless it gets really really cold.

Well... it's 68 in the house.... and 5 outside.

So...

I have no problems at home. I don't know what is wrong with me at Disney!

Adrenaline. :)

I'm guessing from all the wine that I drank! :laughing:

Oh! :laughing:

Strawberry Soup forever.

But I'm feeling lazy today.

Nothing wrong with taking a lazy day. :)

Not everyone likes it. I think it's OK although we found a place near our house that makes really good Biscuits and Gravy. Fran really likes them.

Hmmm... maybe I should try it.
Maybe I'll come around.

Cheese blintzes.

Oh! So that's what they look like.
Are they good?
(Another thing I've never had.)

I don't know why I didn't have one.

:faint:

Is your kitchen upstairs?

No. We have a bungalow, but the desktop 'puter is in the basement.

Well Breakfast Burritos are big in California. I made one last time I was there and when I showed it to Fran she said, "why didn't you put Tater Tots in it?" So I made sure to right that wrong this time.

I remember that!

Yup. She didn't even come round to ask if we wanted anything else.

Not good. At all.

I think you're right, it's the Move It, Shake It Parade. But it's so short, I didn't even know it really had a name. I thought they called it Vamos because it was gone so quick!

As far as I'm concerned, they can Vamos that whole "parade". It gets in the way.

So, do you think Fran likes the strawberry soup or something?????

Looks like a great breakfast!

Jill in CO

I have the girls' schedules for Christmas Eve, just waiting on Michael's. We will have his Christmas Eve schedule Dec 14. We won't have his Christmas Day schedule until Dec 21. :scared:

Hi I'm in,and enjoying your sense of humor LOL!

:welcome:

Why does one cat get green beans?????

One of their Chicken Stew cans has peas in it, but none of them get green beans....

Anyway, can't wait to experience Disney through your eyes.

I try not to update too quickly and give people a chance to stay caught up, but I'm already a couple days ahead of online.

Well... it's 68 in the house.... and 5 outside.

So...

Well yesterday it was 65 in the house and 71 outside. We contemplated turning on the heat, but I just out on a courdoroy overshirt. Today it's supposed to be 80 in Long Beach.

Adrenaline. :)

Probably

Nothing wrong with taking a lazy day. :)

I didn't say I had a lazy day. I accomplished 28 of the 53 things on my list.

Hmmm... maybe I should try it.
Maybe I'll come around.

What time do you get into LB in April? The place serves breakfast and lunch until 2PM. We could split an order for the table and order something you know you'll like.

Oh! So that's what they look like.
Are they good?
(Another thing I've never had.)

I've never had them either. Fran seems to like them.

No. We have a bungalow, but the desktop 'puter is in the basement.

Basements. Another thing you don't see in California.

As far as I'm concerned, they can Vamos that whole "parade". It gets in the way.

So, do you think Fran likes the strawberry soup or something?????

Looks like a great breakfast!

Jill in CO

She doesn't often make requests, but she makes this one every time.

I think she secretly hates it ;).

I have the girls' schedules for Christmas Eve, just waiting on Michael's. We will have his Christmas Eve schedule Dec 14. We won't have his Christmas Day schedule until Dec 21. :scared:

We're flexible. We won't do anything if we don't hang out with you guys. Maybe I'll make a Prime Rib or something but that I can choose to do once you have his schedule.

Well yesterday it was 65 in the house and 71 outside. We contemplated turning on the heat, but I just out on a courdoroy overshirt. Today it's supposed to be 80 in Long Beach.

Just open a window!

I didn't say I had a lazy day. I accomplished 28 of the 53 things on my list.

:faint:
That is not a lazy day!

What time do you get into LB in April? The place serves breakfast and lunch until 2PM. We could split an order for the table and order something you know you'll like.

I'm not sure. I fly into LAX, so the time I land vs the time I get to LB could be a bit apart. ;)

I've never had them either. Fran seems to like them.

Hmmm... so we should both try them. :)

Basements. Another thing you don't see in California.

Pretty much every home here does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!