The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

Sorry Folks! It appears that the company where I hosted our business website has gone out of business. Our actual website has been migrated to a new company and the whole site is temporarily down, which means that all my pictures hosted on that site are down as well. Hopefully once they get the site fully migrated to the new company, it will be up and operational and all the pictures will be visible again. Good thing I found out about this before I was trying to list the finished apartment on it!

Once the pictures are back up and running, I'll have another update.

Sorry Folks! It appears that the company where I hosted our business website has gone out of business. Our actual website has been migrated to a new company and the whole site is temporarily down, which means that all my pictures hosted on that site are down as well. Hopefully once they get the site fully migrated to the new company, it will be up and operational and all the pictures will be visible again. Good thing I found out about this before I was trying to list the finished apartment on it!

So that's what happened. Hope all the links come back up with no problems.

I thought your pictures decided it was too hot for them. Hope you survived the 110 degrees!!

Went back to find the photos and sure enough there they were! And wow-!!!! What. A. Dinner! So super jelly!

There was certainly enough wine to keep me... eh, hmmm, shopping for a very long time.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

That does not sound too bad.

But it still makes for a couple long days and leaving us tired on the last day.

That is not good at all.

Nope. We decided no more flights before 8AM

That seems a little confusing even with plenty of sleep.

I should have recognized the guys from Orlando, they've been very active in the organization and made themselves very visible since their band formed a few years ago.

That looks really need.

It was a nice room, just a lot more than we like to pay for rooms (when we actually pay).

Oh, that is a shame. Did you ever manage to get this resolved?

Yes we finally did, on the day of the concert. It was lucky we were staying for another 4 nights.

That looks absolutely delicious.

It was, all three times that I ate it! :teeth:

I think this may be something I may enjoy.

It's an interesting concept.

That seems very late.

The Gala is always late at these events, we are usually rehearsing until fairly late, and there was a concert going on that started at 8PM.

That must have made things so much easier.

It did. I wished I had asked prior to the rehearsal.

I would not have been able to resist this either.

And we enjoyed a bottle at the Hollywood Bowl the other night with our lemon bars and Macarons.

This trip is off. I am hoping to get around to updating my pre-trip report within the next couple of days and this will have all the details.

Bummer, I get about halfway through your update on the PTR and then either get distracted or Fran has me do something I forget to come back and finish.

Wow, time sure does fly.

I know! Can you believe it?

That sounds like a sweet deal.

Disney can be very nice to their employees when it comes to perks and benefits.

Oh, I spot a steamed bun. They are one of my favourite foods.

I like them too, but this one was a little disappointing.

I love the look of both of them.

They were my favorites this year and last year.

I am IN LOVE with DeSoto. I can't believe thats the same apartment. He has done a fabulous job. Top dollar, here you come. :woohoo: Let Michael know about the blinds.

Blinds are just about the last thing to be done. They still need to put in the dishwasher, the backsplash, and the carpeting, we have a little while. I sure hope that he can do it before your trip!

Dinner looks fabulous as usual. They Meyer lemon dessert looks perfect; love anything citrus.

It was nice and light after all that somewhat heavy food.

Disney this week? I am having HUGE w/drawls. Like major. Sadee will be here next Monday and we are just doing DCA if you want to join us. We finally solidified plans last night. It'll be me, Sadee, her daughter, and one of Sadee's friends who I have met once. We have to leave the parks by 5 as she flies out that evening.

As you know. It didn't happen. Maybe next week. :confused3

Looks like a wonderful dinner! We've been debating if we want to pick up a bottle of Skywalker but we haven't done it yet.

It was good, but I'm not sure if it was $100 good.

The t shirt if from Torrid.com. I love it!

They have some cool stuff there!

Omg, it was so cold and rainy durin F&W but it was amazing! #mitchelltime That demo was disappointing and COLD!!!! Your winemakers dinner has me drooling!

I know it was so cold then and now it's so hot!

De Soto really looks incredible!

It's coming along! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see you guys again next month! I'm having DL withdrawals too!

And now it's only a few weeks!

It was good, but I'm not sure if it was $100 good.

Then I shall refrain. I have no problem with $100 bottles of wine if they are worth $100 but with the discounts I now get in my life - I've gotten even worse about pickiness.

As usual, just popping on at work to see how you are :)
I think you missed my last post a few pages back, but I am sad it didn't work out for us to meet up, it was evident in the time leading up to our trip that my group would require my constant wrangling :)

I thought I replied to your earlier post. I meant to message you that there was no way I could make it out there as we were really running out of time before we had to leave, hence the no sleeping the night before the plane.

I have just booked DH and I on a short 4 day Vancouver-LA cruise in Oct for us to have a little "us" time and am pondering adding a Disney day when the ship gets in, before we fly home, say maybe if we do decide to do a Disney day, you will be around.

Oh, not on Disney as the Wonder does this cruise in early September. Silly me. As far as I know we are around all of October, the only day I'm booked is the 21st for our Fall Concert.

SO many amazing food pics! As I was scrolling, I saw a wine bottle that caught my eye- from Far Niente Winery- we were able to tour that winery a few years ago- very nice indeed.

I've never been there, but I love their wines, especially Chardonnay.

I haven't been able to read all the details, but I hope Fran is on the mend.

She still has a lingering cough, but she's better than when I wrote the last update.

Your renos are looking excellent!

Thanks, I hope they finish soon!

I presume that's for a built in oven and microwave?
(And obviously dishwasher in the other spot.)

Actually if you look at the picture taken inside the kitchen looking out to the dining room, you'll see my double oven out there. It still works fine so we're putting that back in where the large opening is next to the dishwasher. The built-in Microwave Oven/Range hood will go over the cooktop on the other side of the kitchen. You can see that in the first photo, or you can see half of where it will be mounted.

I'm a bit surprised you went with tile in the living room and not carpet.

That was a tough decision, we had carpet in the living room when we lived there, but in the end we decided that the tile was easier to maintain especially with pets, and people here are moving away from carpet because of the potential to trap allergens.

Like the choice of tile in the shower.

He showed us two choices and we all agreed on that one.

Poor kitty. What will the "big operation" be?

supervet.gif

You answered it for yourself, but it will be a traditional surgery not with heat vision! :laughing:

I saw signs for that... just didn't have the time.

Well, if I ever get the new site worked out (another issue in with technical support today), I'll have another update that will either make you wish you did, or jealous you didn't! I still have another dozen or so photos to upload and I can't find my files in my online interface or the directories where I upload the files.

Interesting lights.

Disney does cool lights.

That menu was impressive! And the food certainly looked it, too.

It was one of the better dinners I have had this year!

:) Did she say anything to you guys?

Yes we talked quite a bit. Relatively.

Oh, thank goodness. I would've been pretty disappointed.

Yeah, Fran is a Ranch kind of girl. Me not so much.

What do you like about them? i.e. what's different about them?

Regular peas taste like soap to me or worse. English peas are just fresh and not gross.

Man, they sound amazing.

They were!

Was it? You didn't ask?

Oh, sure I did, but my mom didn't believe them.

Might be drooling.... just might be.

I don't blame you.

Pretty... and delicious looking too.

::yes::

:laughing: I'm not surprised!

Funny how you always find room in there!

Thanks, I removed it. Must've somehow clicked your TR instead of mine. Fat fingers/small phone.
That's what you get when you post something when you've had two hours of sleep in the past 34 hours.

I wouldn't know about the two hours of sleep thing, but the night I didn't sleep all night, I was a complete and total zombie and wouldn't have been able to make a coherent sentence.

Wow, some real progress has been made with the apartment. I love the kitchen.

Thanks! I hope a renter does tooo!

Poor little thing. At least it was not bad news.

Yes, it wasn't bad, but I hope he doesn't have too many chronic illnesses.

I am glad that this all worked out, but it sounds like an intense couple of days.

Yes it was.

I would have been all over this. I love goat cheese and strawberries.

The meal looked utterly amazing.

It was. I would love another one like that soon. Yay we have Remy planned!

The kitchen looks wonderful. Congratulations on getting so much done.

Thanks! We just need to get it rented ASAP to make up what we've paid out to fix it.

Glad to hear your kitty is reaching the point of stability. I always look for the updates when I read your

Yeah he's definitely stable now, but he still has slight diarrhea.

Better???? I’m ready!!!

We just had some for dessert the other night at the Bowl.

I enjoyed the construction photos, that’s a really nice apartment. Hopefully all done soon and rented before vacation?

I sure hope so!

Poor little Berlioz, glad he’s on the mend though.

He is better. Now we need to get him fixed.

That dinner with your folks looks like great fun. The dessert looks like the best part of the meal to me!

Of course! Everything else had meat!

Hey Alison... while I READ your latest updates, for some reason none of the photos will load at all. So disappointing because I know there must be some fantastic ones of a lot of great looking food.

:)

I will try again tomorrow to see if they will load for me.

I'm glad you finally saw them.

I really wanted to see the renovation photos and the photos of this amazing dinner, but something is acting up with the photos.

I will come back later and see if its working :-)

Thanks for alerting me. As you may have seen with my post about the site migration I may not have got on top of it had I not seen yours and @Steppesister's posts.

Last edited:
Actually if you look at the picture taken inside the kitchen looking out to the dining room, you'll see my double oven out there. It still works fine so we're putting that back in where the large opening is next to the dishwasher.

Oh! Double oven. Gotcha. Nice.

The built-in Microwave Oven/Range hood will go over the cooktop on the other side of the kitchen.

Okay. Why do you go that route? Space reasons or convenience? Or?

That was a tough decision, we had carpet in the living room when we lived there, but in the end we decided that the tile was easier to maintain especially with pets, and people here are moving away from carpet because of the potential to trap allergens.

I can see that.

You answered it for yourself, but it will be a traditional surgery not with heat vision! :laughing:

But that's not as exciting.

Well, if I ever get the new site worked out (another issue in with technical support today), I'll have another update that will either make you wish you did, or jealous you didn't! I still have another dozen or so photos to upload and I can't find my files in my online interface or the directories where I upload the files.

Good luck with that.
Really looking forward to seeing them!

It was one of the better dinners I have had this year!

Sure looked it!

Regular peas taste like soap to me or worse. English peas are just fresh and not gross.

Ah. Got it. :)

Oh, sure I did, but my mom didn't believe them.
:rolleyes:

Funny how you always find room in there!

::yes::

I wouldn't know about the two hours of sleep thing, but the night I didn't sleep all night, I was a complete and total zombie and wouldn't have been able to make a coherent sentence.

I know that "zombie" feeling. Quite well.

So that's what happened. Hope all the links come back up with no problems.

Well evidently the files are all there, but I still can't see the directories from my interface. I have a few more files to upload for the next update but can't see to locations where I need to upload them. I was kind of hoping they would be there when I woke up like yesterday but not yet.

I can see the photos again.

Corinna

I was very pleased with this!

YES! They are back!

:banana:

I thought your pictures decided it was too hot for them. Hope you survived the 110 degrees!!

It was 113! I hid inside.

Well that was quick. :)

Now if only the other issue would be resolved!

Went back to find the photos and sure enough there they were! And wow-!!!! What. A. Dinner! So super jelly!

It was a great dinner, I could use another like that about now.

There was certainly enough wine to keep me... eh, hmmm, shopping for a very long time.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Then I shall refrain. I have no problem with $100 bottles of wine if they are worth $100 but with the discounts I now get in my life - I've gotten even worse about pickiness.

I hear you. I'm more likely to spend money like that on a Cabernet than a Pinot Noir. You can find a perfectly wonderful bottle of pinot for less than $50.

Blinds are just about the last thing to be done. They still need to put in the dishwasher, the backsplash, and the carpeting, we have a little while. I sure hope that he can do it before your trip!

Keep us posted! He starts DFD tonight :woohoo:, graves for 2 weeks but thankfully only 8 hour graves....we will see what sort of shape he's in...he hasn't done them in 2 years. He's super excited though. Said he saw you ladies yesterday. We need to do dinner/breakfast/pedicures/whatever soon!

Well evidently the files are all there, but I still can't see the directories from my interface. I have a few more files to upload for the next update but can't see to locations where I need to upload them. I was kind of hoping they would be there when I woke up like yesterday but not yet.

Hope it works out.

Ok, I'm back and...I think I'm caught up now?

The kitchen cabinets and countertops are in.

Yay! Looking like a real house again!

The counter and sink are in the hall bathroom, now we just need to buy a light fixture and faucets for sink and shower. I think the Contractor is trying to put a frame around the old mirror to save us some $’s.

Our contractor did that in our bathroom as well. I think it worked out nicely.

He has been cleared for the “big operation”, so we have to schedule that. Essentially he’s going to be a “special needs” kitty for the rest of his life.

Aw. Poor little guy.

Which is why it is nice when I have folks come to town and distract me and make me go to Disney!

I think you have no shortage of people willing to help you out on that front! :rotfl2:

This was a perfect dessert to cap off a very rich evening.

So...I'm sorry. I really had nothing to give you as far as commentary on the dinner. But I'm glad you all enjoyed it!

Oh! Double oven. Gotcha. Nice.

Yes, and I truly miss having that at the new house. Cooking things at two different temperatures as opposed to having to calculate how much longer to cook the dish that cooks at the higher temperature.

Okay. Why do you go that route? Space reasons or convenience? Or?

I guess we're being nice and giving them the space option. Most places don't include a microwave so the fact that we have one over the stove that doubles as a range fan seems like a bonus to the tenant and it costs about the same as a range hood.

But that's not as exciting.

No but I bet it's safer.

Good luck with that.
Really looking forward to seeing them!

I'll know in 12 to 24 hours, next post will have the solution for those who understand technical lingo.

I know that "zombie" feeling. Quite well.

I bet you do.

Hope it works out.

Me too. If the new hosting company works out their interface is a lot easier to use than the old one.

Ok, I'm back and...I think I'm caught up now?

Yes. Yes you are.

Yay! Looking like a real house again!

And just wait for the next round of pictures, there are appliances, light fixtures and a backsplash now.

Our contractor did that in our bathroom as well. I think it worked out nicely.

I'll be anxious to see how it works out! :thumbsup2

Aw. Poor little guy.

I know, but it's gotta be done. He's starting to really like on his sister A LOT.

I think you have no shortage of people willing to help you out on that front! :rotfl2:

That's always nice cause Fran doesn't always want to go out there.

So...I'm sorry. I really had nothing to give you as far as commentary on the dinner. But I'm glad you all enjoyed it!

That's OK, I wouldn't expect you to be all that enthralled with it.

Keep us posted! He starts DFD tonight :woohoo:, graves for 2 weeks but thankfully only 8 hour graves....we will see what sort of shape he's in...he hasn't done them in 2 years. He's super excited though. Said he saw you ladies yesterday. We need to do dinner/breakfast/pedicures/whatever soon!

I'm glad he's enjoying DFD and he's rocking that uniform! :thumbsup2

Let's plan a dinner by the pool, text me when he's off!

He isn’t huh? :love:

He said I am not allowed to commit him for two weeks due to the graves. :crazy2: So maybe some park time until then?

Photo Update:

I'm hoping to have an update in the next day or two. If you're not into technical jargon you may want to move on. After three different online chat sessions with technical support, it appears that we have hopefully all the issues worked out. I am able to see all my files in the online interface (well most of them, I may need to re upload the last six months of photos, but we'll see), and in the last chat session we determined that my DNS was pointing at the old hosting site instead of the new one. They fixed that and so within 12 to 24 hours all the settings should be fixed. If all the pictures from the last six months disappear then I'll know I have to upload them again.

Bottom line, I hope to have the next update by the end of the week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter