The Samoa longhouse is 100% smoke free!

mirlow

Peace-Love-Disney
I am so happy to hear that Deb Wills has reported that the Samoa longhouse is done with it's rehab and it is now 100% smoke free. I love the location of this longhouse. Since we won't be doing concierge until after that rehab this is a great alternative for us. Now I hope we can get this longhouse this summer:cool: I know some people didn't think it smelled to bad, but on our 4 visits at the Polynesian we would cut thought the Samoa when we were staying in the Hawaii longhouse and I thought it reeked:p

I once went to a restaurant and asked for non-smoking. They put me on the outside patio where the people next to me were smoking. Yuck. I asked to move and she said that the patio was 'smoking optional.' What is up with that? That means I don't *have* to smoke. Basically, that is a full smoking section. If you opt not to smoke, the people next to you can still smoke.

We will be there in 3 weeks.. I requested Niue for the location and non smoking...I guess I need to call back and request Samoa now... Where did you see this info.. I looked on the site but could not find it.. thanks..amy

I have been getting a lot of emails on this and I won’t change my web page till I get confirmation from the Polynesian on this but they have been keeping in contact with me on the changes since the rehab started and back in Feb when Samoa went down and Tahiti got the extra smoking rooms I asked about the smoking rooms and they told me Samoa would be smoking when it opened back up and Niue would remain non smoking. Also the reason they added the smoking rooms to Tahiti was because of the increase in smoking reservations. Switching the status of Samoa and Niue would go against their plans to add smoking rooms since Niue is smaller than Samoa. When I find out I will post the answer.

Aloha

Steve

Well the info about Samoa being non-smoking is true and Niue now is Smoking. A report says the halls already smell in Niue. Samoa now also has new automatic sliding doors.

Other information told to me from the Polynesian is that Tahiti (which had changed some of its rooms to smoking while Samoa was closed) is now all non-smoking again. I do not know what they will do when it goes to concierge for the summer but when I find out I will report it. I would think it will have some smoking rooms. I get the feeling it will then go back to non-smoking.

Aloha

Steve

Tikiman,, thanks for the update.. I guess I need to call and change my request.. I requested Niue to be in nonsmoking... Samoa sounds great.... is there balconies on the second or third floor?? thanks..amy

I was also wondering about balconies - do both the 2nd and 3rd floors have them now?
thanks!

No there are only balconies on the 3rd floor.

Aloha

Steve

Tikiman ... are there not any balconys at Samoa at all?? thanks..amy

Tikiman,
I love your webpage! Now that Samoa is non-smoking, I am considering requesting that building. What are your feelings on the building?

Samoa is like all the other original longhouses. It has a patio on the 1st floor. a sliding glass door to a railing on the second floor and a balcony on the 3rd floor.

I think Samoa is in a great location and has nice views of either pool with the rooms facing the volcano pool having a partial lagoon view off to the right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter