The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck does Indiana Jones have to do with Animal Kingdom? I'd like an IJ land, but that's not at all the right park for it.
They will find justification like he's a world explorer or some other reason let's just hope the new movie when/if it happens is better then crystal skull

Okay per Visionary Source at WDWMagic.com, and then further info per Magic Feather aat WDWMagic.com and Martin at WDWMagic.com -

Original rumor was from Visionary - That being the current dinosaur area of DAK will be converted to Indiana Jones.
Further from Martin - Something will happen to dinosaur area in next 5 years or so - but no idea of what IP is targeted
Further from Magic Feather - I. J. IS one option for this redo - and is one of the top two options for it.

So yes there does seem to be some action for long term to redo dino area, and IJ is one option on the table
I just don't see how that fits in AK... ...

I just don't see how that fits in AK... ...
Honestly, it doesn't. Then again, many(not me) also felt Pandora did not fit. I can see a few ways they could try to tie it in.

I will say Spirit over at WDWMagic.com has stated it won't happen, or at least should not and isn't sure it will. There are plans, for a major E attraction in that area, that will drastically change it(again per Spirit) but will keep Dinoland theme. But it is still ONLY in planning stages and not approved.

So yes there does seem to be some action for long term to redo dino area, and IJ is one option on the table

There are plans, for a major E attraction in that area, that will drastically change it(again per Spirit) but will keep Dinoland theme. But it is still ONLY in planning stages and not approved.

I wonder if the script for Indy 5 has some sort of dino element. After Crystal Skull, anything is possible....

Honestly, it doesn't. Then again, many(not me) also felt Pandora did not fit. I can see a few ways they could try to tie it in.

I will say Spirit over at WDWMagic.com has stated it won't happen, or at least should not and isn't sure it will. There are plans, for a major E attraction in that area, that will drastically change it(again per Spirit) but will keep Dinoland theme. But it is still ONLY in planning stages and not approved.
Keeping dinoland theme would make more sense to me... and I'd prefer it, honestly!

Last edited:

okay a couple of interesting tid bits......

First per Martin at WDWMagic.com - the IP for UK ride is pretty much set, but not fully locked - it is NOT Toad, nor Poppins, but it is one that has been discussed on the site. this is new information as up until just recently this was still pretty hazy - I personally think it is sword in the stone...but that is just me ;)

Also, this indy area coming to DAK is starting to have more legs. The visionary soul at WDWMagic.com has stated that there seems to be a push by management to get an indy ride in WDW before or near the release of the new movie coming out in 3 years. The dinoland could work, if focus is on the archaeology part but who knows. I am just starting to feel this may have legs.

I will add Magic Feather at WDWMagic.com has given a really ringing endorsement for the new mickey ride in GMR, he stated he would much rather ride this than most of the new rides coming like Rat, GotG TOT in ca and even the falcon ride. That sounds exciting.

First per Martin at WDWMagic.com - the IP for UK ride is pretty much set, but not fully locked - it is NOT Toad, nor Poppins, but it is one that has been discussed on the site. this is new information as up until just recently this was still pretty hazy - I personally think it is sword in the stone...but that is just me ;)

Also, this indy area coming to DAK is starting to have more legs. The visionary soul at WDWMagic.com has stated that there seems to be a push by management to get an indy ride in WDW before or near the release of the new movie coming out in 3 years. The dinoland could work, if focus is on the archaeology part but who knows. I am just starting to feel this may have legs.

I will add Magic Feather at WDWMagic.com has given a really ringing endorsement for the new mickey ride in GMR, he stated he would much rather ride this than most of the new rides coming like Rat, GotG TOT in ca and even the falcon ride. That sounds exciting.
I find it hard to believe they would pass up on Mary Poppins for UK. It is one of the best classics Disney has to offer and is well known to all generations. I know there are other options, but I feel like it's the best fit. And also with Indy, I don't feel like they would reimagine Dinosaur into an Indy ride. Dinosaur is still a very popular ride and there would most likely not be a change in popularity of the attraction. I absolutely love the idea of doing an Indy area in DHS and redoing Star Tours to make you feel like you are Indiana Jones escaping danger around every corner. Plus the stunt show could be updated and there wouldn't be much of an expansion needed at all just a couple of replacements and some retheming.

Don't tease me like that, Phicinfan. Don't you do that to me!

Isn't there somewhere else they could put it? It just doesn't fit, and AK has been the most cohesive park. We've already mushed up Epcot and HS.

We discovered the new Mickey Mouse cartoons on our recent trip. My kids loved them. Good job by Disney to see they needed a little more out of the mouse than just the old Clubhouse stuff for preschoolers. I'm intrigued.

Well I am really getting intrigued now.....
One poster at WDWMagic.com has an insider he calls Serpico(see old movie cop reference) - per him the last discussion he had with Serpico was:
A) Dinosaur ride rethemed and reworked to Indy ride
B) PW and TS out, and replaced by ONE E level attraction - one option is a water ride!
c) dig pit basically kept, but wiht retheme.

Now, per him, it has been over a month, and things change obviously, but we now have 3 insiders with solid contacts that state this area will get redone, and now Indy looks very much like an option. The main difference seems to be on timings....Martin feels this work will be 5 or more years out, the others seem to think it could be sooner.

One poster at WDWMagic.com has an insider he calls Serpico(see old movie cop reference) - per him the last discussion he had with Serpico was:
B) PW and TS out, and replaced by ONE E level attraction - one option is a water ride!

Now, per him, it has been over a month, and things change obviously, but we now have 3 insiders with solid contacts that state this area will get redone, and now Indy looks very much like an option. The main difference seems to be on timings....Martin feels this work will be 5 or more years out, the others seem to think it could be sooner.
Just curious do you find your information on the forums at WDWMagic or are there posts you look at or just talking to contacts? I've tried to find information over there and I have not been able to find anything.

aww don't retheme dinosaur! everyone loves dinosaur! That said I am highly on board with the rest of the rethemeing. If the timeline is as far out as speculated I can maybe start to come to terms with the Dinosaur change lol

Last edited:

I really just hope the UK doesn't get Winnie or Alice or Peter Pan who already have places in MK
If I am guessing...my guess would beee.... hmm I think Robin Hood.

Thats GREAT news about the Mickey ride!

Just curious do you find your information on the forums at WDWMagic or are there posts you look at or just talking to contacts? I've tried to find information over there and I have not been able to find anything.
Most of my information comes from multiple forums. I quote WDWMagic.com quite a bit, as they have a few really reliable insiders that have been incredibly accurate. But until I see a rumor at more than one site, and with multiple insiders supporting it...I tend not to believe it.

My sister was just complaining that EPCOT really needs the water ride because it is so hot haha. I wish but I doubt that would ever happen. But in dreamland an Emporer's New Groove ride could exist as a flume ride. (sigh)

EDIT:: hey no chance that the UK ride is water based right? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!