The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed reading these rumors I can't wait to see the changes. I am an emotional Tiki Room fan - but, even I can see that those without childhood connections to it are going to be underwhelmed. I am very impressed with the new Pandora in Animal Kingdom - if changes are done with that kind of attention to detail - I am all in!!

Would they ever just put an Inside Out film in the theatre on the side of Journey? And that way they could still make some sort of retro Figment Journey. That's my hoping anyway.
What? You don't watch Captain EO anymore? Uggh...

Would they ever just put an Inside Out film in the theatre on the side of Journey? And that way they could still make some sort of retro Figment Journey. That's my hoping anyway.
Its certainly possible, although the Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival is currently showing there. An Inside Out film (similar to Muppet Vision maybe) would work well, especially if Disney makes full use of the in-theater effects and moving floor.

I'm usually more on the "please don't change anything" side but I'm quite excited for an Inside Out ride! I think it would be a really great fit for Imagination and if done right could really revitalize that area. I'm happy too that Disney is recognizing Figment's fanbase too, excited that he'll stay around (although nothing will every beat the original ride unfortunately). Now just ignore me while I sob forever about GMR closing :sad:

I'm usually more on the "please don't change anything" side but I'm quite excited for an Inside Out ride! I think it would be a really great fit for Imagination and if done right could really revitalize that area. I'm happy too that Disney is recognizing Figment's fanbase too, excited that he'll stay around (although nothing will every beat the original ride unfortunately). Now just ignore me while I sob forever about GMR closing :sad:
Ok but imagine this
Figment and BingBong team up to show us through Imagination Land in Riley's brain.

actually that doesn't sound that great but literally imagination land is one of the lands right? get us in there!

Is there no other place for Figment at Epcot?

Ok but imagine this
Figment and BingBong team up to show us through Imagination Land in Riley's brain.

actually that doesn't sound that great but literally imagination land is one of the lands right? get us in there!

Is there no other place for Figment at Epcot?
DSNYNewscast reported in today's episode that there is talk of Figment becoming a 4D film in the Magic Eye Theater, with Inside Out taking over the ride. Now I haven't heard anything remotely like this myself, but apparently it is something being considered.

DSNYNewscast reported in today's episode that there is talk of Figment becoming a 4D film in the Magic Eye Theater, with Inside Out taking over the ride. Now I haven't heard anything remotely like this myself, but apparently it is something being considered.
LOVE this idea. give Figment and the Dream Finder a 4D film give Inside Out the ride BAM two attractions in a nearly deserted pavillion.

I give no credit whatsoever to DSNY they just repeat rumors they find from WDWMAGIC, Jim Hill and others and repeat such things as fact.

okay alot has happened in Epcot.

First Permits for Rat in France are filed - per Martin and others at WDWMagic.com - to open Summer of 2020.
UoE - GotG - to open 2021 along with UK ride.
Innoventions update by 2020
RoE to be updated in 2 years so 2019ish.

So by 2021 we will have quite a lot of change in EPCOT

okay alot has happened in Epcot.

First Permits for Rat in France are filed - per Martin and others at WDWMagic.com - to open Summer of 2020.
UoE - GotG - to open 2021 along with UK ride.
Innoventions update by 2020
RoE to be updated in 2 years so 2019ish.

So by 2021 we will have quite a lot of change in EPCOT
I always get excited when I see you've posted! Thanks for keeping us all up to date!

2021 sounds like the year to visit with all this going on at Epcot, DHS *should* be done by then, all the MK work will be done in time for the 50th, and the 50th celebrations themselves! :D

Would you expect to hear a big Epcot announcement at D23 this year?

I always get excited when I see you've posted! Thanks for keeping us all up to date!

2021 sounds like the year to visit with all this going on at Epcot, DHS *should* be done by then, all the MK work will be done in time for the 50th, and the 50th celebrations themselves! :D

Would you expect to hear a big Epcot announcement at D23 this year?
Rat will likely be announced but other Epcot things will be teased but not explicitly said.

Rat will likely be announced but other Epcot things will be teased but not explicitly said.
An interesting thing I noticed looking at the permits filed for the Rat ride. The land marked out on the permit is approximately 3-4 times the size that of the Paris show building for the attraction. I wonder if the attraction at Epcot will be a bigger and better version of Paris'....

An interesting thing I noticed looking at the permits filed for the Rat ride. The land marked out on the permit is approximately 3-4 times the size that of the Paris show building for the attraction. I wonder if the attraction at Epcot will be a bigger and better version of Paris'....
Nope, if you look at the thread on WDWMagic or even the thread here you'll see the ride will be an exact copy and go on the plot next to France. The land in the permit will all experience some sort of work though. You'll see backstage parking and ride areas added because of this. That is why the permit covers such a large area.

Nope, if you look at the thread on WDWMagic or even the thread here you'll see the ride will be an exact copy and go on the plot next to France. The land in the permit will all experience some sort of work though. You'll see backstage parking and ride areas added because of this. That is why the permit covers such a large area.
Thanks for explaining! All makes sense now.

What about Guardians of the Galaxy ride at Epcot? It's D23 expo will make announcement for Epcot Makeover include Guardians of the Galaxy ride will take over Universe of Energy?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!