The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per MagicFeather on WDWMagic expect Drones in the new show. It will use Pyro, and fountains, and have some influences from the DisneySeas Harbor Show. It will still be a very unique show. 2019-2020 timeframe.
Yay! I’ve been hoping for drones since they piloted them at Disney Springs.

I don't know if I agree about society being less well behaved. I think that the fact that it could disperse crowds a little gives it major benefit. I think Disney has also proved they are capable of still delivering these hands on exhibits in some of the newer line queues. Seven Dwarves Mine Train is a great example, as is Winnie the Pooh
hands on exhibits in a queue line is different though, because the target audience is always moving, to get closer to the ride, so they won't linger for very long. It is a different story when the exhibit is the destination.

Per MagicFeather on WDWMagic expect Drones in the new show. It will use Pyro, and fountains, and have some influences from the DisneySeas Harbor Show. It will still be a very unique show. 2019-2020 timeframe.

Isn't their harbor show Fantasmic? That's an interesting thing to consider... moving Fantasmic (since its incredibly outdated at HS) to Epcot. Yes, I understand it would be completely against everything that Epcot stands for, but lets all just agree that Disney doesn't seem to care about those feelings.

hands on exhibits in a queue line is different though, because the target audience is always moving, to get closer to the ride, so they won't linger for very long. It is a different story when the exhibit is the destination.

Though they still have them at the end of Spaceship Earth and they seem to work pretty well - some need updating though. I think those work better than others since (all? most?) have a time limit associated with the game so people do their game and then move on

Isn't their harbor show Fantasmic? That's an interesting thing to consider... moving Fantasmic (since its incredibly outdated at HS) to Epcot. Yes, I understand it would be completely against everything that Epcot stands for, but lets all just agree that Disney doesn't seem to care about those feelings.

yeah, it is their Fantasmic! but it is very different than the Fantasmic! at other parks ... hmmm, makes me think though as part of that is a large sorcerers hat/mountain looking thing with LEDs, maybe they leverage this a bit as the new "globe". Also have these barges with screen "balls" - maybe something like that too - those elements could play well on a lagoon

filename-527217-10151448368185374.jpg
8215636054_7971fc38ff_c.jpg

I really wish they'd turn the Innoventions area into a robot zone, maybe hosting robot battle teams there on a regular basis. You could include maybe Lego leagues or something like that too. Have a Big Hero 6 theme and maybe a Baymax meet and greet. Maybe have the autonomous electric shuttles shuttling people between the two sides.

This wouldn’t be a new fantasmic though.

I think there are two fundamental problems with having hands on exhibits now. The first problem is that as a society, we are not as well behaved as we were back in the 80's. As a result, I think that there would be constant problems with things being broken and in need of repair...

Some years ago I visited Chichen Itza. I was looking forward to climbing to the top, as my parents had talked about how they'd enjoyed that on their trip some years before. When we finally arrived I inquired about heading to the top and was informed that it was no longer allowed. Apparently some tourists had decided to start carving or writing on the walls of the structure and so it was closed.

Some years ago I visited Chichen Itza. I was looking forward to climbing to the top, as my parents had talked about how they'd enjoyed that on their trip some years before. When we finally arrived I inquired about heading to the top and was informed that it was no longer allowed. Apparently some tourists had decided to start carving or writing on the walls of the structure and so it was closed.

When the wife and I went in 2015 we were told that several people had fallen down the steps and they finally stopped people going up when someone died.

Though maybe that's what they tell people to scare them from not going up because there really isn't anyone there to stop you.

However later that day we did climb up Coba, the tallest Mayan temple ruin, and that was rather nuts height wise. They even had a secure rope to help your decent but I was still rather unsteady.

Hoping that the referenced fountains are new ones. The current ones that are used for Illuminations are so far away and also quite lame. That is a part of the show that definitely needs to be improved upon.

Though they still have them at the end of Spaceship Earth and they seem to work pretty well - some need updating though. I think those work better than others since (all? most?) have a time limit associated with the game so people do their game and then move on
Yes, excellent point . . time limits can / could make a huge difference. Maintenance is a must though. Even with those exhibits (and the few that are left after Imagination) I always notice issues in operation.

Everyone hates on Fantasmic but it's my favorite! Perfect for hollywood studios! It could be freshened up but if those neon monkeys stop jumping there will be hell to pay

Everyone hates on Fantasmic but it's my favorite! Perfect for hollywood studios! It could be freshened up but if those neon monkeys stop jumping there will be hell to pay

I enjoy it - I think part of the issue is the Disneyland one is similar, but much better so I think people want some improvements that they know are possible

Still get the Disney Feels when the boat comes around with all the characters on it though!

I enjoy it - I think part of the issue is the Disneyland one is similar, but much better so I think people want some improvements that they know are possible

Still get the Disney Feels when the boat comes around with all the characters on it though!
Agreed. Plus for me the soundtrack is one of the best IMO of the nighttime shows. Well maybe Wishes......

When the wife and I went in 2015 we were told that several people had fallen down the steps and they finally stopped people going up when someone died.

Though maybe that's what they tell people to scare them from not going up because there really isn't anyone there to stop you.

However later that day we did climb up Coba, the tallest Mayan temple ruin, and that was rather nuts height wise. They even had a secure rope to help your decent but I was still rather unsteady.

Interesting. Our trip was in 2012. I do remember my dad talking about how small the steps were so I wouldn't be surprised if people had fallen.

We climbed a temple in Belize and it had a rope as well. It wasn't exceptionally tall, but you could hear howler monkeys "screaming" from the trees below, which was rather creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!