The Rose Gold Rat Pack Reunites! A July 2018 PTR (Updated 06/27)

coloredimage

DIS Veteran
Hello, hello!

So, as some of you may remember, (maybe?) I did actually have a PTR going for this, but I abandoned it due to lack of interest (100% on my part) because I just wasn’t able to get myself in the mood for writing it. I hadn’t added any pictures, or information, just thrown information out into the void in a panic-stricken attempt to make my brain function properly. So I’ve decided to scrap it and start over. Sound like a plan?

Okay? Okay! Let me please (re)introduce myself then. For those of you who have never read one of my Trip Reports or (shockingly lacking) PTRs before, I’m Elle!

37676595664_6fb5246c2c_b.jpg

I’m a 7th grade English teacher who was born and raised in Central Massachusetts (with a little bit of southwestern Connecticut, southwestern Ireland, and East Midland thrown in for variety). I also teach Drama after school, and when I’m not at work I’m generally at my local theatre, somehow involved in one of their productions. I love Disney and have been going every year since I was 11. I love Magic Kingdom and Epcot most, but Star Tours will always be one of my favorite rides.

So, why am I doing this PTR? Well, this trip is going to be my 30th birthday trip. I mean, my birthday is next month, so our July 8-14 2018 trip to WDW and Universal is a bit far away from that. But….it was the best time to do it. I even promised I’d wear a birthday button! I was on the Dis last time I went for my (23rd!) birthday/New Year’s, but I didn’t write up a Trip Report about it. Let’s just say….the surprise birthday dinner actually had a “please don’t sing happy birthday to her” addendum. I don’t love being the center of attention.

Anyway, we made the decision back in July that we were going to go on this trip, and it has spiraled into something awesome and completely overwhelming and of course I’m the one planning it, because let’s be real, if I weren’t the one planning this I would still be micromanaging everything. There are seven (7!) of us going on this trip, coming from at least 3 different places/leaving at different times, so it’s actually kind of awesome to try and figure out. But I’m insane and this kind of stuff is what I live for. I should have been an event planer or something. Maybe I’ll quit teaching and do that lol.

So, I guess I’ll just have to introduce who else is coming? I guess the best place to start is with those faces familiar to you guys who have read any of my Trip Reports in the past. First up, Liz!

36612626316_e47e89ac00_b.jpg

Liz and I have known each other since we were in elementary school. She and I do practically everything together. The guest room in my parents’ house is called “Liz’s Room” and she got to pick the new paint color. She will (hopefully) be one of my two roommates once my house is finished being remodeled. She is a former parks CM and worked for Disney for six years before moving back up north to get a new job. I have spent five of my trips to Florida meeting up with her, so she’s been a frequent pop in to many of my TRs over here. We also recently went to Disneyland together, (that TR is over here). She loves Beauty and the Beast and is the worst Disney influence ever (which is why we get along so well). Liz will be 27 when we go.

Next up is Jen!

35936987433_c14c2a6c69_b.jpg

Jen and I have known each other since we were sixteen and have been close ever since. I consider her more a sister than anything else. She used to come to Connecticut and visit me on weekends when we were in college, we lived together for two years before job locations made our apartment a less than ideal location for either of us, and we have gone to Disney seven times together since graduating high school. She and Liz are my oldest friends and thankfully we all three are super close. Like Liz she is also a former CM. She’ll be 30 this trip as well (her birthday is a couple weeks after mine) so we’ll be celebrating her too – which is why I’m more okay with the attention, because I’m forcing her to share it with me.

Third up, Jenny!
36713871651_4536e69f22_b.jpg

Jenny is a familiar face to anyone who’s been keeping up with my DLR TR over on the other side of the boards. She is Jen’s DGF and an amazing artist. Liz and I met her when she joined us in Disneyland for the weekend back in August and even with all of Jen’s panic we all clicked perfectly. She’s never been to WDW before and is super excited. She’ll be 29 by the time we go.

Now, for the three people who have never been introduced in a PTR or TR before. I have to go hunt down non-Disney pictures for them, gasp!

Kristen is next!

21272669_10101645746278330_7082585921992638266_n.jpg

Kristen is one of my best friends, who I met about six years ago. She is the sweetest person you’ll ever meet, absolutely lovely. She hasn’t been to Disney since she was in high school, so this is really her first real trip, and she has fallen head-first into my and Liz’s planning insanity (which is impressive, because Liz and I tried to plan our CASUAL vacation to Disneyland this summer). She has only met Jen once, at our friend’s wedding, but is excited to get to know her. She’ll be almost-25 on our trip (she’s a baby).

Sadie is our final female companion!

21034524_10101641312064530_7991103072766719831_n.jpg

Sadie is ACTUALLY the baby of the trip. She’ll be 17 when we go. I’ve known her mother forever, and I’ve known her since she was a little kid, and I promised her that next time I went to WDW she could come with me. Since her mother knows the majority of us going, and trusts us, she allowed Sadie to come with us on the trip. I treat her like my baby sister – seriously, once Kyle and I took her out to brunch to have the make good choices conversation with her.

Speaking of Kyle…

16143210_10101509821288100_3043373708545860204_n.jpg

Kyle is the only guy on our trip. It was his idea that we should even do this epic trip, though I do feel badly for him. I have known him for nearly ten years, but we’ve only become friends in the past year. He is Liz’s DBF, and plays the part of overprotective big brother to Sadie. He LOVES food. He’ll still be 28 on our trip.

So, where are we shoving this insane group of “adults”? We’ve reserved a Lion King suite and a Little Mermaid room, though I may still upgrade us to an 8 person room somewhere else.

Welcome to the insanity! I promise there will be charts, there will probably be memes, and let’s be real, this insanity certainly calls for a copious amount of gifs!

So the first, and technically the last, thing that is going to be difficult is corralling seven people. At least we’re not all flying together?

Actually, that’s the one thing that worries me, so now I need a plan.

giphy.gif

So, here is what Departure Day is going to look like for us, as far as we’ve figured it out…

Liz & Kyle:

- Liz and Kyle are actually leaving on July 6. Since both of them used to live in Florida, they are going to spend the two days leading up to the rest of us arriving visiting friends/family and will probably rent a car for that time. I have floated the idea that they drop the rental car off at the airport and take the Magical Express but if they don’t do that they’ll have to Uber it to the hotel.

Jenny & Jen:

- I have NO IDEA what they’re doing. I mean, Jen’s not really a planner, and it’s a little difficult to try and figure out at the moment. Since the 8th is a Sunday, neither Jen nor Jenny should have to work. So, depending on flight and money, one of two things will happen. Either, Jenny will fly to Boston, stay with Jen, then fly to MCO. However, they may just meet at MCO. One or both may or may not end up on the same flight as us.

Kristen, Sadie, & Me:

- Our plan is to take the earliest flight out of BOS on the 8th, probably the 6 AM flight, so we can be in Florida mid-morning. Since I’m the one that’s planning everything and will have all the information, we figured it was best if I was there first. If we have a room yet (doubtful) we’ll go drop stuff off. If not we’ll probably go to Disney Springs or a park to meet up with everyone else.

Except this is what I'm HOPING will happen, so clearly this is going to change sixteen billion times in the next few months, right?

I'm interrupting my own regularly scheduled leave of absence from the Dis. I was trying to stay away until the 22nd at least, because with Christmas Carol ending, Big River beginning, Christmas, 3 parties, and 3 birthdays to buy for (1 was last week, 1 is tomorrow, 1 is New Year's) (no, none of the parties are birthday parties - Yankee Swap/White Elephant, Secret Santa exchange, then New Year's Eve (which I am making my birthday party as well so people don't have to actually do anything for me)) AND seven days left of work before vacation, I've been basically running around like a chicken with its head cut off since December started.

I mean, I took Friday off, but that's because I have a follow-up on my knee (I gave myself a patella contusion and it seems to be healing fine, but it still hurts like heck whenever I put pressure on it to kneel or something) and then I'm spending the rest of the day getting ready for my birthday #2, so I won't really have time to come on, though I'm hoping I'll have some time to update my Disneyland TR.

I promise I'll catch up on all PTRs, TRs, and my own TRs between the 22nd and the 2nd, because I have that time off!

ANYWAY!

None of that is important, or why I'm here.

I'm here because I got these beauties in the mail on Friday.

kE2kgi1v3s6TrcRdNboQrgbUX1HZcJkzTfKc_WR5wac

Except I didn't find them until Monday morning.

For anyone who has read any of my PTRs or TRs in the past few years, you may remember bits and pieces of The Saga that is the house. My parents are restoring an 18th century farmhouse, so we've all been living together. Yaaaaaaay.

giphy.gif

Well, they're finally starting to move, but it means that the house is in chaos, so I didn't find my MagicBands until I literally tripped over the box as I left for work Monday.

Also, why do I have MagicBands so early anyway? And why do they look like that?

Since I got the Holiday Magic package (which saved me a little bit of money) this is how my MagicBands came. I think they're pretty awesome. Sadie's isn't in this group, because we booked hers differently, and I'm slightly sad she won't have one like this, but oh well.

Also, I made a skeleton plan for how every day's gonna go. (Liz helped me; remember when it was just me and my insanity, because she lived there and didn't have a stake in it? Yeah, look what happened, don't you guys miss that now!)

Here's my basic outline:

SUNDAY, 8 JULY

• Flight to MCO/meet up at hotel
  • Suggested Park: Magic Kingdom
    • Disney Springs to kill time while waiting for everyone to get to Orlando
  • Suggested ADR: Be Our Guest dinner

MONDAY, 9 JULY

• Suggested Park: Hollywood Studios (AM)
  • Suggested ADR: ???

TUESDAY, 10 JULY

• Suggested Park: Epcot (AM)
  • Suggested ADR: Kona breakfast
    • We'll more likely than not be snacking as we walk through World Showcase so having a larger breakfast is not a bad plan

WEDNESDAY, 11 JULY

• Suggested Park: Universal/Islands of Adventure
  • Suggested ADR: Leaky Cauldron (clearly not an actual ADR, just suggested place to eat)

THURSDAY, 12 JULY

• Suggested ADR: Skipper's Canteen (late lunch/early dinner)

FRIDAY, 13 JULY

• Suggested Park: Animal Kingdom (AM), Date Night (PM)*
    • "Date Night" is going to be a definitely split up night.
  • Suggested ADRs:
    • For lunch, we're going to preorder our meals at Sat'uli
    • Jen & Jenny are thinking of doing Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner
    • Liz and Kyle are thinking of doing Citrico's for dinner
    • Kristen, Sadie, and I will probably go to Tutto Italia for dinner

SATURDAY, 14 JULY

• Suggested ADR: N/A

Plans look good so far! Love adding a day at universal in, but honestly my husband and I liked the 3 broomsticks better than Leaky Cauldron. Like the idea of a date night in there, good way to keep everyone happy.

So I disappeared for a month, sorry all! December was absolutely, horribly busy - I finished one show with my local community theatre, began another, I celebrated 3 different people's birthday, my birthday was last week, my family hosted 2 parties, I hosted a third...there was more but I'm exhausted just remembering this!

In non-Disney news, my college friends and I have finally made decisions on where we're going for our annual vacation, so once again July is going to be a month of me traveling and spending way too much time at the beach.

Nothing much has progressed in terms of doing things for my trip...except that yesterday was my 180th day which means ADRs!

giphy.gif

This trip we haven't loaded up on ADRs (...yet...) so here's the bare bones that we've figured out so far/what I made reservations for:

July 8:
- ADR: Be Our Guest 4:30.
This one concerns me a little, only because I don't know Jen and Jenny's plan yet for when they're getting to Florida (and I realize that they won't be able to tell me until it's closer to time because of work/flights/whether or not Jenny's coming east before heading down to Florida). If this turns out to be a time we can't all do, I'll end up changing it probably.

July 9:
- N/A

July 10:
- N/A

July 11:
- N/A (Universal Day)

July 12:
- ADR: Skipper's Canteen 2:00

July 13:
- ADR: Cinderella's Royal Table 5:55 (Jen & Jenny)
- ADR: Citrico's 6:15 (Liz & Kyle)
- ADR: Tutto Italia 6:30 (me, Kristen, & Sadie)
This is "date night" so we figured ourselves out and split up. I also paid for Jen and Jenny to go to Cinderella's Royal Table as their joint birthday presents.

I'm thinking of trying for an ADR at Edison's once they're available on Monday, just to see if I can get one.

Last edited:
Your trip plans so far seem amazing! I'm taking on the daunting task of planning a trip with a larger party as well, and it's been pretty daunting for myself, but still fun! I'm looking forward to following along in your updates and stealing all of your potentially great ideas for our trip that's following yours, shortly after.

I like your idea of a "date night" for the trip. We have a couple of couples tagging along on our trip, and I think that it would be nice to give them a break away from the large group.

I'm excited to see what other awesomeness you guys have planned, and I share your excitement for a summer trip to Walt Disney World.

Your trip plans so far seem amazing! I'm taking on the daunting task of planning a trip with a larger party as well, and it's been pretty daunting for myself, but still fun! I'm looking forward to following along in your updates and stealing all of your potentially great ideas for our trip that's following yours, shortly after.

I like your idea of a "date night" for the trip. We have a couple of couples tagging along on our trip, and I think that it would be nice to give them a break away from the large group.

I'm excited to see what other awesomeness you guys have planned, and I share your excitement for a summer trip to Walt Disney World.

Thanks for following along! "Date night" is definitely our way of planning time away from each other, to just relax without having to worry about the whole group, which I like! Especially because I didn't want people to feel obligated to stay all together all the time.

Happy weekend! Anyone else have a long weekend this weekend? I've had one the past three weeks in a row (end of the holidays --> snow days --> holiday weekend) and I'm still excited to have the time off this weekend.

Yesterday I had meetings all day at work, so in the time between them I spent quite a bit of time looking at flights and figuring out that part of the planning.

One nice thing is that we are not all going down together. I mean, I wouldn't have minded if we all were traveling together, but coordinating the schedule of 3 people to get to the airport is a lot easier than scheduling 7 people, y'know? But I'm going down with Kristen and Sadie, and it was easy coordinating with them as our schedules are fairly similar.

Anyone who was around for my October trip might notice a similarity between this plan and that one - except this one will hopefully not also involve barely making it to the airport in time.

Saturday, July 07:
- Take the 5 PM flight out of the local small airport
- Arrive in Florida by 8-ish
- ME to Art of Animation

You may notice something - that we're leaving July 07 not the 8th. That is because it was so much cheaper to leave the 7th. We'll be staying in a Little Mermaid room (which ended up being a cheaper option than staying at the Hyatt, which was my first choice) and since it's just a room only reservation the plan is, once we get to the room and drop our stuff, we'll head to Disney Springs for dinner and some walking around and relaxing. The next morning we'll drop our bags off to be held for the day (as I'm guessing our room for the week won't be ready yet) and then when we come back we'll go to our suites!

This sounds like way more work than it needs to be, but in all honesty it came out to being cheaper than any other options. The flights out of Boston were at least $100 more per person. And the local airport is just so convenient. It's about 20 minutes away from my house. We'll just have to have someone either drive us or pick up my car, since it's cheaper to fly back into Boston when we come home. But the price of parking for a week at my local airport is the same price as parking for a day in Boston, so if I have to have someone drive me back to the airport once I'm home to get my car it's not a huge deal.

How am I this organized for this trip?

No, seriously, last trip I felt like I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to figure everything out and for this trip I have most of what I need accomplished.

I've booked my plane tickets!

For the record, I have NEVER booked my plane tickets this early ever. I usually get them as close to the cut off for getting my Magical Express information as possible, but they were such a cheap price that I didn't want the price to go up on me and have to pay a ton of money. I also didn't want to have to have my travel group sit separately from each other so this ensures that that won't happen.

Also I only spent $22 on my flight down because I had enough TrueBlue points, so I'm not going to look that gift horse in the mouth at all!

Hello, void that is my PTR that I use to form coherent thoughts. How's the week been?

So, anyone who has read my previous TRs may know that I (and Liz moreso) love a good themed outfit. The two of us plan our outfit (at least for our morning parks) around our itinerary because it honestly helps us pack less. Well, "less" being an operative term for Central Florida in July.

But Sadie and Kristen want to get in on the themed outfits and I want them to be able to have fun on their vacation too. So, I decided to surprise them with some Disney shirts. We're all in the same show together so I'm hoping that the majority of them will show up by the end of the month. If they do my plan is to wrap them all together and give them each an opening night present for the show we're in.

I also got myself the Everest tee from Main Street Press and the Merida dad hat from Who's Its, What's Its. But I'm mostly just excited to see their reactions to the shirts.

This is me right now:

giphy.gif

I mean, it's also tech week for the community theatre show I'm involved in, but I'm not even a little worried about it. I can sleep as much as I want during the day and getting home late at night won't be a huge deal.

Anyway, PTR business....

So, I'm insane.

I mean, I feel like that may be an exaggeration but in all honesty it probably isn't.

I'm the type of person who likes to buy presents for people. I especially like to surprise them with things that I know they want but cannot afford to get for themselves. I'm also someone who loves a good theme. So, when Kristen told me she wanted to be like Liz and I and dress in Disney during our vacation but couldn't afford it, I saw an opportunity.

So, without going into details that I know she doesn't want shared with people in general, especially on the internet, Kristen has had a pretty rough few months, and I've been trying my best to help her. I had already planned on buying her a couple of Disney-related things for the trip as Christmas/birthday presents to go with the ears I gave her, but then I saw an opportunity:

She has a lead in the play we're in, and we open this Friday. So....at the beginning of the month I took to the internet and got her a bunch of Disney shirts. I ended up getting her these:

40282603282_8065ba6055_b.jpg

And I have all but the last one in so far. I've got a small gift bag and a cute friendship card and I plan on wrapping everything together to make it look like I got her a pillow or something and I'll give it all to her Friday. I've already told her numerous times I'm going to give her some shirts that don't fit me, I've just conveniently made it seem like they were my shirts that I don't wear anymore, since Liz gave her a couple of her Disney shirts already.

I....may or may not have ended up doing the same for Sadie:

40282606242_f4753a1e67_b.jpg

I can't wait to give these to them!

The shirts went over great!

I recorded everything, but I'm too lazy to put it up online. They both started crying. Is it weird to say I love making people cry? Probably. I just enjoy making people happy.

Since it's March, I decided I needed to cut myself off from buying too many more shirts for myself because it'll get way out of hand really fast if I don't. Instead, I made myself a chart for outfits:

39755371935_d489b8b15f_b.jpg

Work has been giving me a lot of stress lately, like to the point that I've had some really horrible acid reflux due to stress and anxiety so yesterday I stayed home to try and relax a little bit. I still woke up with horrible acid reflux this morning, but that's besides the point. I spent the day working on getting myself in order as well as figuring out some theme shirts for Jen to get for herself. I need to find some stuff for Jenny too.

Also, we need to convince me that going to Disney in April is not feasible. My bank account knows it, but my heart doesn't.

Hey, guys!

Remember when I started this PTR and promised that I wouldn't up and disappear on you guys?

And then I did?

One word:

giphy.gif

Okay, not really drama like that.

My middle school drama kids participated in a state-wide Festival. If you know anything about High School Festival then it's the same, but instead of competing against each other at the middle school level, they are competing against a rubric to help them get ready for High School Festival. We placed silver this year, a few of my kids got special awards and they did a great job! I'm proud of them, but it basically ate up my entire month of March and April.

Which meant 0 Disney planning for me.

Which made me very grumpy.

Though I did make these:

28103902378_cf9898e762_b.jpg

I made these to go with my Everest shirt, but go very well with my Rapunzel shirt as well. This is 100% what I did one day instead of making props for Festival.

Tomorrow also marks 60 days, which means Fastpasses!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited guys, it's a little insane.

But it also means I want to get to work early tomorrow. I'm normally there by 7:10-7:20 but with FP opening up at 7 now instead of 6, I can't do my FP selection from the comfort of my home. Hopefully if I leave by 6:15 the line for coffee (which is what normally holds me up every morning, let's be honest) will be short and I can get to work early enough to do everything I need to.

My FP day was Wednesday!

giphy.gif

And of course my internet at work was down...

giphy.gif

I managed to get on via my phone, and get my Fastpasses done!

They may change, but for now this is what I've got:

July 8 -
Haunted Mansion 9:35-10:35 AM
Big Thunder Mountain RR 11:15-12:15 PM
Mine Train 1:40-2:40 PM

July 9 -
Na'vi River Journey 10:30-11:30 AM
Kilimanjaro Safari 12:10-1:10 PM
Festival of the Lion King 1:30-1:45 PM

July 10 -
- Universal Day -

July 11 -
Soarin 10:20-11:20 AM
Mission: Space 11:25-12:25 PM
Spaceship Earth 12:25-1:25 PM

July 12 -
Haunted Mansion/Splash Mountain 10:00-11:00 AM
Space Mountain 11:50-12:50 PM
Peter Pan 3:15-4:15 PM

July 13 -
Slinky Dog Dash 10:55-11:55 AM
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster 12:25-1:25 PM
Star Tours 3:00-4:00 PM

July 14 -
Flight of Passage 11:05-12:05 PM
Kilimanjaro Safari 12:45-1:45 PM
Dinosaur 2:35-3:25 PM

So, most FPs are early because I like the flexibility to have a plan in the morning then do whatever the rest of the day. We plan to try and RD Flight of Passage on the 9th and if we manage to (and don't want to keep the FoP FP for the second day) we'll change up the 14th some MK stuff. Right now we kind of figure at worst we're going to do Flight of Passage on the 14th then go to MK for the rest of the day anyway.

The Haunted Mansion/Splash situation also may change. I made the Splash FP thinking Jen and Jenny wouldn't do Splash since we've never done it in Disneyland together. I know Jen's done it with me before but I wasn't sure. And Liz HATES Splash and I don't want her to feel obligated to do it.

Jen and I have come up with solutions and we'll hopefully have one picked by the end of the day today so I can make sure everything's all set:

A - If Liz is okay with going on a ride by herself (she's done it before) then we'll change Jen and Jenny's FP to Splash and Liz will do whatever she wants to at that time

B - If Liz isn't okay with going on a ride by herself (it's a group vacation, I get it) then Jen and Jenny will keep the Mansion FPs with Liz and they'll try to get FPs at another point during our trip, since we know Kyle'll ride it again with them.

Our payments are due in next Friday.

Our magic bands will ship next week.

Guys! It's almost Disney time!

I'm so ready! Though we still have some things coming via the mail that needs to get here first. So, for my trip with non-Disney friends to Punta Cana, I bought us all can koozies with our names on them and "Punta Cana 2018" as a nice little souvenir of the trip. It made me (with peer pressure from Jen and Kristen, of course) decide that we should get matching coffee cozies for our Disney trip. So those are coming from teilormade! They will be adorable (we chose two different patterns but the same yarn so it'll be every other matches) and we even got Kyle one with Pluto on it! I use a coffee cozy every day because I hate getting sweat from my iced coffee all over my desk at work/on my hand if I have to touch any papers so at least I know I'll use it!

I also got a couple new pairs of ears. I have one that I haven't really heard anything from the seller about, so those I'm a little nervous about/don't know if they'll show up in time. The other two I got this weekend from the fairygodsisters and I've never had problems with them before, most of my ears are from their shop so I trust that they'll get to me in six weeks' time. The ones I'm not 100% sure will make it here on time are Cinderella inspired ears - blue with a silver bow, all glitter. I actually don't plan on wearing them this trip, but I love the color combo and had told Kristen she could borrow them for Princess day. The two from fairygodsisters are Anna inspired (I love my Merida inspired ears from them) and a pair of dark navy blue glitter ears.

I'm also thinking of changing up a few of my outfits. I've been thinking it over and I think this is what I'm going to do:

Day One:
- Travel Day/Disney Springs

* I'm thinking one of my whosit's tank tops (probably the highway to Hades one), my maddesthatter Dodgers hat and short sleeved jersey with shorts. I'll bring a spirit jersey with me in case I get cold on the plane

Day Two:
- Princess Day (MK morning-early afternoon/PM ?)

* I've decided to do Anna instead of Rapunzel, because I fell hard for an Anna shirt. So I'm going to do the Lost Bro's Anna jersey shirt, blue skirt, and the Anna ears from fairygodsisters
* I don't know where we'd go in the evening, though I have a feeling it may be Studios to see Fantasmic. If that's the case, then I'm doing my Leia jersey from Lost Bro's (I like their jersey shirts, I have 4 of them), shorts, and my rose gold ears
Day Three:
- Animal Kingdom AM/ PM ?

* Main Street Press Everest shirt, navy blue ears from fairygodsisters, shorts.
* I'm guessing the evening will be MK. So I'm thinking either my Rope Drop to Fireworks shirt from Once Upon with fireworks ears from Earful Tower and shorts or my Hopps shirt from Blushing Gold with my Nick Wilde bow (I'm guessing the Rope Drop shirt will win because I'm thinking the Hopps shirt would be cute for Disneyland but I haven't decided yet)

Day Four:
- Universal Studios

* We're doing house shirts that day, the Quidditch ones I got from Teepublic during their last $14 sale. I also found some house headbands for us girls on Amazon that I think we'll end up getting (they're $20 for a pack of 4, so they ended up being cheaper than the Hot Topic ones we were originally going to get, since I have to go to the store to buy the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor ones and can't take advantage of the online accessories sale)

Day Five:
- Epcot am/Magic Kingdom PM EMH

* Today's first outfit will be Fett & Co's Take Me Around the World shirt. I have a pair of silver Wishing4Wonderland ears with a pale rainbow bow that I may wear with it just because I am obsessed with the ears lol. If not those then my favorite ears, my Bibbidybobbidybrooke chevron ears will be worn.
* For MK EMH I'm not 100% certain. I'm thinking Bibbidy Bobbidy Basic (also from Fett & Co) with my rose gold ears and shorts but I'm not 100% sure. The other option is the Fantasyland shirt from Neverland Threads, which is one of my favorite shirts, but I'm not 100% sure.
Day Six:
- Magic Kingdom AM/? PM

* Since we're doing lunch at Skipper's this day, I am planning on wearing my Adventureland shirt from It's A Magical Adventure. I'm not sure what I'm wearing for ears. If the Cinderella inspired ears come in I may wear those. I also have a pair of pastel ears from Magically Made Ears with arrows all over them that may win.
* Since I don't know where we're going in the PM I'm thinking of wearing my Lost Bro's Ariel jersey shirt with the silver Wishing4Wonderland ears. Sadie has an Ursula shirt and Ursula ears that we gave her so I'm hoping we can do a cute picture together.
Day Seven:
- Hollywood Studios AM/Epcot PM

* AM will be my Endor shirt from Happiest Tees on Earth. I'm not sure what ears will go with it. Most of my glittery ears would probably work, so it'll just be a matter of which is best.
* PM is "date night" though ours is more casual. I'm going to do the Magically Made Ears "Dreamer" shirt with a skirt and my rose gold ears.
Day Eight:
- AK morning/departure day

* I was planning on doing my Bibbidi Bobbidi Basic shirt for this day, but I've decided since that I would much rather do my Merida shirt from BlairLamb on Etsy. I'm probably going to start with my fairygodsisters ears in the morning for breakfast, but once we get to Animal Kingdom I'll probably change to my Whos Its hat.

I've also been considering buying the Cakeworthy rose gold ear hat when it comes out on Friday. I don't know how much I'll wear it but I really like it and I also kind of love the idea of Kyle wearing it one day so he matches us.

Someone needs to stop me from buying all the cute things lol!

I got my Magical Express tickets yesterday!

giphy.gif

41857719844_4604e3d66c_b.jpg

I'm so excited! It feels way more real now. i only got mine, Kristen's, and Sadie's - I told Jen to have Jenny be on the lookout for theirs as they should have been sent to her house in California (emphasis on the word 'should") and Kyle and Liz don't need them to come down, as they will be spending a couple days in Orlando beforehand.

We also realized that Kristen, Sadie, and I could stay in the Little Mermaid room until Jen and Jenny get to the hotel so that they can get ready for the day in the room instead of getting ready in the bathrooms in the lobby. That way we can also drop all our stuff off together and not have to worry about having a bunch of random concierge slips that we'd have to deal with after dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!