• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The one thing I didn't like....

Johnnie Fedora

My cup is not 1/2 full or 1/2 empty, it's just 50%
about the VWL has to do with the 1-BR unit. Why, Why, Why, is it that the 1-BR gives you a big WP tub that you can fill multiple times everyday with all the hot water you desire......But, when you step into the spacious shower stall, you feel as if you are being sprinkled by a little Cupid fountain. :eek: :eek: The water pressure in the shower was pathetic. This may only be an issue for me, but one thing I like about vacations, is the ability to take a long lingering shower with gushes of hot water waterfalling over me. That is something you don't do at home w/o running out of hot water, or being really late for work. There wasn't even enough water pressure to make that fakey shower massage function (you could get a bigger water massage from a squirt gun).
:confused: :confused:

If you have stayed at the VWL, is this a problem in all of the rooms??

Other than this, I loved the VWL and can't wait to go back. Next time, I may have to take my bar of soap to splash mountain.:p

Well, I've never been too impressed with the water pressure at any of the DVC resorts (with the exception of HH, haven't stayed there). I know some folks go so far as to bring their own shower head and install it during their stay; replacing the original when they are ready to leave! I do agree with you though, it's no fun feeling like you need to run in circles under the drizzle to get wet enough to take a shower!:D :( :D :(

I believe that the state requires water saving showerheads in commercial establishments.

... those water saver heads reduce the volume of water not the pressure. When the water pressure is normal,those saver heads will supply an almost uncomfortable stinging spray. I've read several complaints that VWL just doesn't have good water pressure.

Florida had been under mandatory water restrictions up until a few weeks ago, one of those restrictions called for water departments throughout the state to lower static water pressure to help lower consumption. Now that the restrictions are over, hopefully the pressure is up but unfortunately it is now impossible to buy a showerhead anywhere that doesn't have a water restrictor built in and it can't be removed.

Remember that Seinfeld episode where their landlord put in the new showerheads and they couldn't get the soap out of their hair, so Kramer fixed them up in a clandestine meeting in an alley buying normal showerheads from someone.

I guess we'll have to start bringing our own showerheads and pipe wrenches to install "normal" showerheads.

But, when you step into the spacious shower stall, you feel as if you are being sprinkled by a little Cupid fountain.
LOL! You just made me spit up my iced tea. I can just see a "tinkle" of water coming out of the shower head :eek:!

WE had a water saver on our shower at home and took it off. I wasn't impressed with the water pressure at POFQ as well, but it was adequate.

We thought the same when we stayed at VWL this past summer. We stayed at OKW the week before and noticed the difference. It was difficult rinsing the soap out of my DD's hair.

LOL ROGLOL LOL

Like robinb, I just about spit out my drink when
I read that.
Funny!
Sorry to hear about your drissling experience,
but if you need Super-Soaker for your next
stay I can let you borrow ours.

Thanks for the chuckle,
- NYTIGGR

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

I am sure Disney is using water tanks like the rest of flatland Florida. You only get 1/2 psi of water pressure for every foot of height that the water tank is above the point of delivery. A tank where the water is 50 feet above the height it is delivered at will give you only 25psi. Here in New England we have the benefit of plenty of hills with reservoirs that are often located at a considerable height about the communities built at lower elevations. This translates into high water pressures without having to run expensive pumps to boost the pressure. I think an average water pressure for most people is probably about 50-60 psi. I am sure Disney is also running pumps to pressurize their water systems and probably is trying to save a little too much on electricity costs. You should make your complaint known to management in writing. If they hear enoough complaints they will address the issue. Sorry about the long sermon on water systems. Hope it is of interest to someone.

I noticed the low water pressure at VWL also recently, but thought it was because we had a handicapped assessible room with a roll-in shower for a wheel chair. Didn't know it was everywhere. One of the first things I did when we got home was take a nice long shower with lots of water!!

Wouldn't all the WDW resorts be getting their water from the same source? Why would there be a difference between pressure at one than the other? I know the thing I love about the resorts (all I've stayed in, but have yet to enjoy our first stay "home")is the wonderful pressure, which I don't get at home!

217 days 'til our first trip home:D

The hotels may all have the same sources of water supply, but some may be closer to the pumping stations and some may also have their own rooftop holding tanks. It would be interesting (at least for me) to know the engineering layout of WDW. It is virtually a city - larger than a lot of the communites the guests come from. As a general question - is there a poriton of this board that may information on "behind the scenes" aspects of WDW??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter