*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Moving our trip up to August -- so we can get it in before college starts for our middle 2 kids!

Happy trip planning everyone!

Last edited:
SO excited we haven't been able to get back to Disney since 2014 when I worked for Disney! We have officially rented points and will be doing a split stay Sept 9-16 at Disney Grand Floridian Villas and Disney Polynesian Village Villa! I'm super super excited and happy.. We have been through so much since 2014, lost a son, mother diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and my husband got hurt at work and stayed out for a yr so this trip is truly a blessing!

DD13 and myself at the GF August 29-Sept 4! First time staying at our dream resort!! Planning on MNSSHP, F&W, hopefully Toy Story Land and possibly the Bama vs. Lousville game in person or at ESPN. Can't wait!!

Well, this is my first post so please forgive me for any errors and my complete lack of knowledge on all the cool abbreviations! :)

We are planning on staying at CBR from 9/19-9/26. This will be our 2nd trip and we will be celebrating our oldest's birthday, wife & I's anniversary and our youngest's first ever WDW trip. We originally planned on a November trip but made the change to Sept. specifically for lower crowds.

I have a question for any of the experts on here...do you know of anything "big" happening in Orlando or Disney the week of 9/23-9/29? The reason I ask is this: as you all know Disney recently announced that the Disney Springs hotels would be given the Extra Magic Hours and Early Fastpass Booking perks. We are pretty sold on staying at CBR but I thought I would snoop around and check out the Disney Springs hotel rates, etc. Using Mousesavers and other sites discount codes, ANY stays with dates the week of the 23rd are blacked out at almost all Disney Springs area hotels. The weeks before and after both allow discounts. This strikes me as weird as I didn't see any big event planned for that week and worries me I might be missing something that will add significant crowds.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated. Thanks so much and hope to see some of you in September!

Any guesses on when Sept calanders will come out? Can't wait to start my day by day planning lol

As far as why that week is blacked out at the disney springs resorts I know Sept starts the halloween parties and I believe so does food and wine...

Well, this is my first post so please forgive me for any errors and my complete lack of knowledge on all the cool abbreviations! :)

We are planning on staying at CBR from 9/19-9/26. This will be our 2nd trip and we will be celebrating our oldest's birthday, wife & I's anniversary and our youngest's first ever WDW trip. We originally planned on a November trip but made the change to Sept. specifically for lower crowds.

I have a question for any of the experts on here...do you know of anything "big" happening in Orlando or Disney the week of 9/23-9/29? The reason I ask is this: as you all know Disney recently announced that the Disney Springs hotels would be given the Extra Magic Hours and Early Fastpass Booking perks. We are pretty sold on staying at CBR but I thought I would snoop around and check out the Disney Springs hotel rates, etc. Using Mousesavers and other sites discount codes, ANY stays with dates the week of the 23rd are blacked out at almost all Disney Springs area hotels. The weeks before and after both allow discounts. This strikes me as weird as I didn't see any big event planned for that week and worries me I might be missing something that will add significant crowds.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated. Thanks so much and hope to see some of you in September!

Food and Wine and MNSSHP will be occurring during this time but nothing else at this point. Anything occurring at that time frame probably won't be announced closer to spring.

Any guesses on when Sept calanders will come out? Can't wait to start my day by day planning lol

As far as why that week is blacked out at the disney springs resorts I know Sept starts the halloween parties and I believe so does food and wine...

Probably around March. They usually release them around the 180 day mark but they are not the final hours as they can change and do change after they are first released.

What is everyone looking forward to the most? Any firsts for you guys? Our are:

1. Staying at Poly (still can't believe it!)
2. MNSSHP
3. Food and Wine

2. MNSSHP
3. Food and Wine

We are looking forward to MNSSHP and F&W, always our favorite aspects of our trips. We are doing California Grill for the first time this year and we've been going to Disney for 10 years, lol.

2. MNSSHP
3. Food and Wine

Top things I am looking forward to:
1. First MNSSHP
2. First stay at CCV
3. Fall decorations (not a first, but a favorite)

2. MNSSHP
3. Food and Wine

1. Staying at GFV for the first time!
2. Trying a alcoholic beverage (thanks 2018 dining plan!)
3. Maybe Toy Story Land if it's open by then???

1. Staying at GFV for the first time!
2. Trying a alcoholic beverage (thanks 2018 dining plan!)
3. Maybe Toy Story Land if it's open by then???

This is us as well, plus Ill add Im excited for:
breakfast at BOG, it was actually pretty good in May
Filet at LC
Our first split stay we get to stay at my favorite and then DH favorite resort
Think Im going to book a carriage ride on our anniversary leaving from POR
Buying my favorite perfume Laila im almost out of
Getting DH haircut on Main St
BUT MOSTLY super excited to be away from work..lol

We usually do pick a pearl my DH is awesome at getting great pearls but really I dont need any more pearls, lol I now have 2 necklaces, 2 pairs of earrings, a ring and I got a pearl pin and ring for mother.. Oh and daughter has a pair of earring and a ring too..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter