*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Frustrated with trying to book ADRs! I was only able to book a reservation for our arrival day and got multiple errors for everything else. I spoke with a CM on the phone who told me to just try again tomorrow. :headache:

So excited about MNSSHP dates matching up to our plans! I'm hesitant to buy tickets just yet in case of inclement weather, but I know I'll probably buckle in a couple of weeks :rotfl:

Ok what do you guys think of this plan?

Sat 9/1--arrive MCO 11am--MK --hoping for HEA dessert party
Sun 9/2--HS for AM EMH-- Sci Fi 12:40pm-- maybe DS for dinner--back for Star Wars fireworks
Mon-9/3--AK for AM EMH-- Satuli for lunch --hop in evening or pool and rest
Tues--9/4-- MK EMM --BOG lunch 1:35pm --early to bed!
Wed--9/5-- Epcot--GG PPO 8:05am--Food and Wine
Thurs--9/6-- sleep in--1900 Park Fare --9:15am --AK PM --Yak and Yeti 6:30pm
Fri-9/7--MK --AM EMH --possibly MNSSHP if tickets are available and we feel up to it. Catch Hallowishes from Poly beach if we skip party.
Sat--9/8--HS then back to Poly to catch ME to MCO

I hate only having one Epcot day, so I think we'll hop over there one evening. I'm not too worried about Illuminations unless they change it before then.

September is the best!
Food, Wine, Not So Scary parties, marginally cooler weather, noticeably smaller crowds.
And of course all the best guests will be there!

I'm in for September 28th - Oct 1st <- Wait, does that mean I can join the "Official October 2018" thread as well? :o

:wave2: Hello! DH and I are going in September and doing a split stay at POP and Beach Club! We'll be at POP from 9/13-9/17, and BC from 9/17-9/22. We've never been in September before but we're excited about the F&W festival, MNSSHP, and staying at our first Deluxe resort!

Staying at Pop with extended family 9/15 - 9/22 (11 total - 8 adults and 3 toddlers) hoping for Ohana on 9/15 for Dinner - all 11 of us, Chef Mickey on 9/20 for Breakfast - all 11 of us and then Tusker House for just Hubs and I on 9/21. (I know for the larger group ones I might have to book 2 tables) my ADR day is Monday fingers crossed that I get at least the 2 for the large group..

9/15 Arrival & Ohana
9/16 MK day (Hubs and I will hit Epcot for F&W - everyone else is going to T-Rex)
9/17 HS day - might only be 1/2 day as not too much for toddlers there - according to the parents - there is only one who meets any of the height requirements right now.
9/18 Pool, Disney Springs and hopefully MNSSHP
9/19 Epcot day
9/20 Chef Mickey & MK
9/21 Tusker House (hubs & I) and AK for all
9/22 Pool, Disney Springs Home..

So like others on Monday who did ADR's I got on line right at 6am and at 6:03 I was booking Ohana but they only had 3:55 and 9:45pm open! We took the 3:55 because of the little guys but man I hope our flights get in, in time for this one! Then like others I got the Sorry for our paws and had to call in .. was on the phone right at 7am and it said a 45 min wait due to unusually high call volumes.. well the site was down so of course it was high.. they picked me up at 8:12 (yep 1 hr and 12 mins) and I was off the phone with my Chef Mickey 7:50 am ressie and my Tusker House 8:10 ressie.. I did ask the CM to check Ohana but she said nothing left.. now to wait 120 days till FastPass day! HAAAA

So like others on Monday who did ADR's I got on line right at 6am and at 6:03 I was booking Ohana but they only had 3:55 and 9:45pm open! We took the 3:55 because of the little guys but man I hope our flights get in, in time for this one! Then like others I got the Sorry for our paws and had to call in .. was on the phone right at 7am and it said a 45 min wait due to unusually high call volumes.. well the site was down so of course it was high.. they picked me up at 8:12 (yep 1 hr and 12 mins) and I was off the phone with my Chef Mickey 7:50 am ressie and my Tusker House 8:10 ressie.. I did ask the CM to check Ohana but she said nothing left.. now to wait 120 days till FastPass day! HAAAA

So sorry for those who got stuck in the terrible WDW website for ADRs. It seemed to be working a bit better today. I got the "paws" message a few times but was always able to reload and get similar times. We aren't doing Ohana this trip, so I didn't have anything too crazy to book. Good luck to those with ADR dates yet to come!

DH and I are booked for our honeymoon from 22-29 September 2018! Staying at POP, two days planned at F&W, have the DxDP with plans for some amazing signature dining and just bought our MNSSHP tickets for the 23rd. On Monday I start booking our ADRs.

I’m way too excited over this but we got married in August 2016 and had to delay our honeymoon because of family issues (we have a blended family with teenagers so enough said). When things finally settled down we decided to delay a little longer so we could go during Food and Wine as we both love great food and trying new things. Can’t wait!

DH and I are booked for our honeymoon from 22-29 September 2018! Staying at POP, two days planned at F&W, have the DxDP with plans for some amazing signature dining and just bought our MNSSHP tickets for the 23rd. On Monday I start booking our ADRs.

I’m way too excited over this but we got married in August 2016 and had to delay our honeymoon because of family issues (we have a blended family with teenagers so enough said). When things finally settled down we decided to delay a little longer so we could go during Food and Wine as we both love great food and trying new things. Can’t wait!

Yay for finally getting the honeymoon you want! We had so much fun at F&W last year when we took an adult only trip. Hope you have fun planning and dreaming until then.

I was just able to snag PPO ADR’s at Crystal Palace and Garden Grill! I am excited but a little nervous since DD10 and I consider sleeping in to be one of life’s great joys. I never thought I would see a Disney World park before the hour of 11 AM but it looks like I will be doing that in September! Excited about pictures with (hopefully) lower crowds in them :)

My flight home was also moved back to 8:00 PM on our last day, so I am now considering adding an extra ticket so that we can go to a park until 4 or so!

We were originally staying at CR, but I moved us to The Poly. I also bought our MNSSHP tickets this week for September 23rd and I'm sooo excited (I wonder if I'm so excited is one of most used phrases on this site?)!!!!!

Yay for finally getting the honeymoon you want! We had so much fun at F&W last year when we took an adult only trip. Hope you have fun planning and dreaming until then.

Oh you bet I’m looking forward to this. One glorious week away from kids, work and responsibility with my wonderful husband. It’s been a long time coming. Now to try and convince him we should totally wear costumes to MNSSHP...that might be a tough sell lol

ADR's booked! Had a small hiccup with the website giving error messages on my dates about halfway through but I switched to the mobile app for the last few reservations and had no issues. Ohana @ 184 days out only had one slot available for dinner, so we took it. :) Amazing how fast it fills up!

180 days! Can't wait.

ADR's booked! Had a small hiccup with the website giving error messages on my dates about halfway through but I switched to the mobile app for the last few reservations and had no issues. Ohana @ 184 days out only had one slot available for dinner, so we took it. :) Amazing how fast it fills up!

180 days! Can't wait.

Ive been having issues with the website and the app and finally had to call the Dining line to get everything I wanted. Of course, I'm sure all of my plans will change between now and September, especially since we don't know how the opening of TS Land is going to impact hours/crowds. It feels like we're shootings darts in the dark here. haha

Got all the ADRs we wanted for our short trip. Two parties while we are there but holding off another year before bringing the kids. They are NOT night owls and definitely can't hang for most of the party. Hoping for a light MK day though!

I need one more ADR for our party night but they haven't released the dinner ADRs in the MK yet! ARGGG

Edit: So I ended up just completely re arranging everything bc I wanted us to be in the same park as my family that is staying at AOA but without being attached all the time..

My 2 grown kids and their others are staying at AOA in a cars suite...

The biggest reason I had originally wanted LTT for my party night is its our first night in MK and its tradition to eat here for the ooey gooey toffee cake but then I started thinking about all the time it would take away from the party...

So I completely revised everything

Sept 7 leave right after work drive to Dolphin resort and check in by 9 pm

Sep 8 breakfast at Picabu, drive to Disney Springs, shop, lunch at Homecoming followed by dessert at Ammorettes, swim and relax break around 2 at Dolphin, dinner at Via Napoli

Sept 9 light breakfast at Dolphin, check into VGF around 8, pool time until 1130, brunch at Calli Grill, relax in room and get ready for MNSSHP. If we get hungry during party we will eat at Pecos Bills

Sept 10 Epcot Day, breakfast sunshine seasons, lunch Cantina, swim break at VGF, dinner Yorkshire fish

Sept 11 HS, breakfast from Trolley Car, lunch at SCi Fi (split a burger with hubby) swim break at VGF and dinner at Cape May, hope to make it back for star wars night show '

Sept 12 Check out VGF, Check into PVB, AK, breakfast at a cart, lunch at Satuli, swim break at Poly dinner at Yak and Yeti

Sept 13 our anniversary taking day off from parks, sleep in capt cook tonga toast for breakfast or room service, swim maybe rent a boat, lunch at capt cooks, drinks at Trader Sams and dinner at Ohana with family, end night watching HEA on Poly beach

Sept 14 MK, BOG breakfast with family, lunch at Skippers and will grab CHH for dinner before heading out at 6, early evening of swimming and relaxing (families last night)

Sept 15 EP, Sunshine Seasons Breakfast, lunch Les halles using snack credits and then a swim break, dinner Rose and Crown hopefully enjoying Illumniations

Sept 16 sleep in, pack up brunch at Trails End before heading home..

Hoping to change to an early Calli Grill brunch on the 9th and getting an earlies Chef Mickey for the family for dinner on the 10th for the kids while the adults in that part of the family go to Coral Reef.

I don't think Ive ever changed plans so much as I have so far out lol

Last edited:
I need one more ADR for our party night but they haven't released the dinner ADRs in the MK yet! ARGGG

Edit: So I ended up just completely re arranging everything bc I wanted us to be in the same park as my family that is staying at AOA but without being attached all the time..

My 2 grown kids and their others are staying at AOA in a cars suite...

The biggest reason I had originally wanted LTT for my party night is its our first night in MK and its tradition to eat here for the ooey gooey toffee cake but then I started thinking about all the time it would take away from the party...

So I completely revised everything

Sept 7 leave right after work drive to Dolphin resort and check in by 9 pm

Sep 8 breakfast at Picabu, drive to Disney Springs, shop, lunch at Homecoming followed by dessert at Ammorettes, swim and relax break around 2 at Dolphin, dinner at Via Napoli

Sept 9 light breakfast at Dolphin, check into VGF around 8, pool time until 1130, brunch at Calli Grill, relax in room and get ready for MNSSHP. If we get hungry during party we will eat at Pecos Bills

Sept 10 Epcot Day, breakfast sunshine seasons, lunch Cantina, swim break at VGF, dinner Yorkshire fish

Sept 11 HS, breakfast from Trolley Car, lunch at SCi Fi (split a burger with hubby) swim break at VGF and dinner at Cape May, hope to make it back for star wars night show '

Sept 12 Check out VGF, Check into PVB, AK, breakfast at a cart, lunch at Satuli, swim break at Poly dinner at Yak and Yeti

Sept 13 our anniversary taking day off from parks, sleep in capt cook tonga toast for breakfast or room service, swim maybe rent a boat, lunch at capt cooks, drinks at Trader Sams and dinner at Ohana with family, end night watching HEA on Poly beach

Sept 14 MK, BOG breakfast with family, lunch at Skippers and will grab CHH for dinner before heading out at 6, early evening of swimming and relaxing (families last night)

Sept 15 EP, Sunshine Seasons Breakfast, lunch Les halles using snack credits and then a swim break, dinner Rose and Crown hopefully enjoying Illumniations

Sept 16 sleep in, pack up brunch at Trails End before heading home..

Hoping to change to an early Calli Grill brunch on the 9th and getting an earlies Chef Mickey for the family for dinner on the 10th for the kids while the adults in that part of the family go to Coral Reef.

I don't think Ive ever changed plans so much as I have so far out lol

We're doing Cali Grill brunch the morning of our MNSSHP too. From what I've heard/read, it's a ton of food and we probably won't want to eat for a while afterwards. haha

We're doing Cali Grill brunch the morning of our MNSSHP too. From what I've heard/read, it's a ton of food and we probably won't want to eat for a while afterwards. haha

Be sure to get to Cali Grill hungry! There is a lot of food from the buffet area and they tend to surprise you with an extra entree. We have never managed to enjoy our sweets there - always had them boxed up to take with us.

Here's the link to my 2016 TR (2017 was exactly the same)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...ted-november-28.3551241/page-14#post-56915409

https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...ted-november-28.3551241/page-15#post-56922330

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter