*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

SOOOOO, We'll be in WDW Sept 8-15th and I've been checking daily for park hours to map out some plans for ADRs, which we will book on Sunday. Something odd is showing up, and I'm not sure how to plan around it.

On Thursday September 13th, the website is showing that Magic Kingdom will be open until 9 PM... I may be incorrect but aren't Thursdays usually party nights in September? Sunday the 9th AND Friday the 14th show closing at 6 PM, which tells me it's likely a party night, as it has been in past years, but no party on Thursday...???

It should be fine, just have to change up a CP ADR; switch to a lunch/dinner from a breakfast, but it would change things earlier that week as I have us going to MK just for Happily Ever After one night since we will be spending most of our MK time in the park on party days as they tend to be much less busy.

Any thoughts here? Think they'll change the times, or is it possible there isn't a party that Thursday??

SOOOOO, We'll be in WDW Sept 8-15th and I've been checking daily for park hours to map out some plans for ADRs, which we will book on Sunday. Something odd is showing up, and I'm not sure how to plan around it.

On Thursday September 13th, the website is showing that Magic Kingdom will be open until 9 PM... I may be incorrect but aren't Thursdays usually party nights in September? Sunday the 9th AND Friday the 14th show closing at 6 PM, which tells me it's likely a party night, as it has been in past years, but no party on Thursday...???

It should be fine, just have to change up a CP ADR; switch to a lunch/dinner from a breakfast, but it would change things earlier that week as I have us going to MK just for Happily Ever After one night since we will be spending most of our MK time in the park on party days as they tend to be much less busy.

Any thoughts here? Think they'll change the times, or is it possible there isn't a party that Thursday??

We will be there the week after you and my understanding is that the Thursday parties have started in Oct in the past. I was using this summary of 2017 dates as a guide: https://wdwprepschool.com/guide-to-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/
The hours I have seen for 2018 seem to match up with the 2017 dates in Sept, but I haven’t looked at all of the dates.

From my perspective I hope it is true. Extra evenings of MK will help my planning and the crowds! We had a day that was unexpectedly a 10 when MK was closed 3 of 4 evenings for MVMCP in Dec of 2017. Luckily we were only there for a dessert party to see the fireworks. We use the same strategy for going to MK on party days, but I love HEA and it is worth it to me to do one evening.

We will be there the week after you and my understanding is that the Thursday parties have started in Oct in the past. I was using this summary of 2017 dates as a guide: https://wdwprepschool.com/guide-to-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/
The hours I have seen for 2018 seem to match up with the 2017 dates in Sept, but I haven’t looked at all of the dates.

From my perspective I hope it is true. Extra evenings of MK will help my planning and the crowds! We had a day that was unexpectedly a 10 when MK was closed 3 of 4 evenings for MVMCP in Dec of 2017. Luckily we were only there for a dessert party to see the fireworks. We use the same strategy for going to MK on party days, but I love HEA and it is worth it to me to do one evening.

Do you guys know anything about the Mountain Certificate. I read on a facebook post that if you ride all the mountains at Magic they give you a certificate. We did this our last trip and didn't get one. Wondering if anyone else received it or if you can only do it by getting them as fast passes.

OK, good to know. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong cause of Irma last year, but I could have sworn there was a party on Thursday night when we went in September. I'll tell ya though, that damn storm threw me for a loop! I've probably got it all jumbled up in my head incorrectly. Thanks for the link, and the reassuring words, lol!

I love HEA too! We're doing two other dessert parties this trip, so I can't add in another one, at DH's request...:confused3

OK, good to know. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong cause of Irma last year, but I could have sworn there was a party on Thursday night when we went in September. I'll tell ya though, that damn storm threw me for a loop! I've probably got it all jumbled up in my head incorrectly. Thanks for the link, and the reassuring words, lol!

I love HEA too! We're doing two other dessert parties this trip, so I can't add in another one, at DH's request...:confused3

My husband isn’t on board with dessert parties like I am either. I’m not sure we will do any this trip (but I’m sure I will book something eventually). Our Sept trip was Labor Day week last year so not a good comparison for parties. We were home before Irma so I can’t imagine how that would have been. Hoping for quieter Sept weather this year.

Wasted morning. Up at 5:45 to be ready to make ADR’s at 6:00 and all my credit cards are declined or there is a problem processing. I have tried 6 different cards, 2 different computers, mobile app, WiFi on / off. Now to wait on hold. This really pisses me off.

Wasted morning. Up at 5:45 to be ready to make ADR’s at 6:00 and all my credit cards are declined or there is a problem processing. I have tried 6 different cards, 2 different computers, mobile app, WiFi on / off. Now to wait on hold. This really pisses me off.

Someone on FB reported the same issue. All cards but AMEX declined. After the morning I had with it I am very sympathetic. Their IT is absolute GARBAGE.

I called at 6:59:59 and it rang through message. Called right back 7:00 sharp and it was a 20 minute wait. 23 minutes later got a really nice CM and she told me the system was down on her end as well. While on the phone I was able to book CRT but lost my original time. She was able to change it to what I wanted. She could not boot anything but it started working. I got off the phone around 7:40 and finally made everything I wanted.

Th 9/6 MK - Dinner at Chef Mickeys
Fr 9/7 AK - QS Lunch Pizzafari , Dinner at Tiffins, ROL?
Sa 9/8 HS - QS Lunch Woody’s Lunch Box , Dinner at Sci-Fi, Fantasmic
Su 9/9 EP - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner at Coral Reef, FEA Desert Party
Mo 9/10 HS - Lunch Hollywood & Vine then DS- Dinner at T-Rex
Tu 9/11 MK – QS lunch BOG , Dinner Crystal Palace, MNSSHP
We 9/12 AK - QS Lunch Flame Tree, Dinner at Tusker House
Th 9/13 EP - QS Lunch F&W , Dinner at Teppan Edo
Fr 9/14 MK - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner CRT, MNSSHP
Sa 9/15 HS - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner at 50's Prime Time, Star Wars Dessert party
Su 9/16 Departure Day, QS Breakfast at resort.

Had to book CP and CRT as a late lunch (2:30 and 2:45) reason is no dinner available yet. I was told due to MNSSHP the times are not available now. But I booked them so we have them and will modify when the reservations open up. If I miss it at least I do have a reservation.

I called at 6:59:59 and it rang through message. Called right back 7:00 sharp and it was a 20 minute wait. 23 minutes later got a really nice CM and she told me the system was down on her end as well. While on the phone I was able to book CRT but lost my original time. She was able to change it to what I wanted. She could not boot anything but it started working. I got off the phone around 7:40 and finally made everything I wanted.

Th 9/6 MK - Dinner at Chef Mickeys
Fr 9/7 AK - QS Lunch Pizzafari , Dinner at Tiffins, ROL?
Sa 9/8 HS - QS Lunch Woody’s Lunch Box , Dinner at Sci-Fi, Fantasmic
Su 9/9 EP - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner at Coral Reef, FEA Desert Party
Mo 9/10 HS - Lunch Hollywood & Vine then DS- Dinner at T-Rex
Tu 9/11 MK – QS lunch BOG , Dinner Crystal Palace, MNSSHP
We 9/12 AK - QS Lunch Flame Tree, Dinner at Tusker House
Th 9/13 EP - QS Lunch F&W , Dinner at Teppan Edo
Fr 9/14 MK - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner CRT, MNSSHP
Sa 9/15 HS - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner at 50's Prime Time, Star Wars Dessert party
Su 9/16 Departure Day, QS Breakfast at resort.

Had to book CP and CRT as a late lunch (2:30 and 2:45) reason is no dinner available yet. I was told due to MNSSHP the times are not available now. But I booked them so we have them and will modify when the reservations open up. If I miss it at least I do have a reservation.

We book ADRs tomorrow. I'm aiming for a last seating dinner on Sunday 9/9 at Skipper's Canteen. Are those time for CP and CRT the latest you could find? Thanks!

We book ADRs tomorrow. I'm aiming for a last seating dinner on Sunday 9/9 at Skipper's Canteen. Are those time for CP and CRT the latest you could find? Thanks!
Yes they were the latest times available on those nights because MK closes at 6. The CM I spoke with said dinner ADR’s would open up when the party is officially announced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter