The Official DisDads Prayer and Praise Thread

As I've mentioned in the past, my FIL continues to struggle with cancer. My DW has now scheduled her second trip out there to be with him - 10 days in early June starting on the 6th. The tumors on his liver have doubled in size once again, and the doctors are saying failure could come in the next month or two. SIGH. The family out west has finally started to come to grips with what the future holds. It's not been fun watching his downward spiral from afar...

OK...so I'll start by asking for prayers for those who were hit pretty hard by the Tornados a few weeks back. We don't get many events like that in Northeast Tennessee.

There was this one area aroung the Greene County and Washington County line along Hwy 107 called Camp Creek and Horse Creek that got hit pretty hard. (Google Map of area.)There were people there who typically had very little to start with, and after the tornados they are left sleeping in tents or less. Heard that there are some that just are sleeping under a tarp. There have been 7 reported deaths and multiple injuried.

While praying for these poor folk. I would also like to lift up a praise that my family escaped any tornado damage, and have been blessed enough to donate and help those that were effected.

As I've mentioned in the past, my FIL continues to struggle with cancer. My DW has now scheduled her second trip out there to be with him - 10 days in early June starting on the 6th. The tumors on his liver have doubled in size once again, and the doctors are saying failure could come in the next month or two. SIGH. The family out west has finally started to come to grips with what the future holds. It's not been fun watching his downward spiral from afar...

Still praying for your DW and extended family.

I don't talk about it much, but in 2008 my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. After having surgery she went in for a routine procedure to insert ports for chemo. During the surgery her artery was accidentally nicked, which caused internal bleeding and shut down all her organs.

They were able to bring her back but was in a coma for months and is now in a permanent vegetative state. She will be 45 this June and is resting comfortably at home, surrounded by her family.

The doctor's, after two years of hoping, finally told us that this was permanent and the brain damage suffered as a result of all the blood lost during the procedure is too severe to ever recover from. According to them, she can not hear, feel or see anything.

It is expected that she will eventually succomb to pneumonia or some sort of infection, either a blood infection or a bed sore. This could be in two weeks or two years.

At this point, I think that all we can hope and pray for is that she let's go soon and allows us, mainly her children, to begin healing.

She's my only sibling, and the person I shared my first Disney experience with. She's a fantastic mother and the best sister I could have ever hoped for.

Thank you guys in advance for your prayers.

As I've mentioned in the past, my FIL continues to struggle with cancer...

OK...so I'll start by asking for prayers for those who were hit pretty hard by the Tornados a few weeks back...I would also like to lift up a praise that my family escaped any tornado damage, and have been blessed enough to donate and help those that were effected.

I don't talk about it much, but in 2008 my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer...

I will keep these in my prayers. Thanks for sharing gentlemen. A nice reminder to me that..."every misery that I miss is a new mercy; and therefore let us be thankful."

Praying for those requests here. And a general praise for God's mercy and forgiveness.

I am very blessed with my health now. Dec. 2005 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I went through 5 months of chemo. Jan 2007 it had spread to my left lung and I had 15% of my lung removed. Oct 2008 I got an infection in my right lung that put me in the hospital for a month. Since then I have gotten my health back and every thing is ok. I am very glad that my wife and daughter have not had to go through that again. It was very hard on them.

Just dropped by to read through the list. Keeping track of things going on and keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

OK...so I'll start by asking for prayers for those who were hit pretty hard by the Tornados a few weeks back. We don't get many events like that in Northeast Tennessee.

There was this one area aroung the Greene County and Washington County line along Hwy 107 called Camp Creek and Horse Creek that got hit pretty hard. (Google Map of area.)There were people there who typically had very little to start with, and after the tornados they are left sleeping in tents or less. Heard that there are some that just are sleeping under a tarp. There have been 7 reported deaths and multiple injuried.

While praying for these poor folk. I would also like to lift up a praise that my family escaped any tornado damage, and have been blessed enough to donate and help those that were effected.

I don't talk about it much, but in 2008 my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. After having surgery she went in for a routine procedure to insert ports for chemo. During the surgery her artery was accidentally nicked, which caused internal bleeding and shut down all her organs.

They were able to bring her back but was in a coma for months and is now in a permanent vegetative state. She will be 45 this June and is resting comfortably at home, surrounded by her family.

The doctor's, after two years of hoping, finally told us that this was permanent and the brain damage suffered as a result of all the blood lost during the procedure is too severe to ever recover from. According to them, she can not hear, feel or see anything.

It is expected that she will eventually succomb to pneumonia or some sort of infection, either a blood infection or a bed sore. This could be in two weeks or two years.

At this point, I think that all we can hope and pray for is that she let's go soon and allows us, mainly her children, to begin healing.

She's my only sibling, and the person I shared my first Disney experience with. She's a fantastic mother and the best sister I could have ever hoped for.

Thank you guys in advance for your prayers.

Praying for those requests here. And a general praise for God's mercy and forgiveness.

I am very blessed with my health now. Dec. 2005 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I went through 5 months of chemo. Jan 2007 it had spread to my left lung and I had 15% of my lung removed. Oct 2008 I got an infection in my right lung that put me in the hospital for a month. Since then I have gotten my health back and every thing is ok. I am very glad that my wife and daughter have not had to go through that again. It was very hard on them.

Praying for all of the above and praising God for the miracles that occur in life and death.

Praying for all of the above and praising God for the miracles that occur in life and death.

Ditto and well put. God Bless you guys. I will keep you and your loved ones in my prayers.

My parents have had an ongoing battle with the NYS Dept. of Env. Conservation for 11 years about a 2 acre parcel across the street from their house that the state deems as wetlands. Despite all we have done to be reasonable the state bureaucrats will have their way. We still dispute that it is wetlands but we have proposed a remediation plan that they dismiss outright despite bringing in an environmental consulting that pointed out all the flaws in the plan the state originally dictated. There were many flaws and I don't say that just because they are my parents, but also because I have a background in environmental science as well as a MS and Ph.D. in the plant science and over 20 years working with various state Extension services. Be that as it may, the state has summoned them to a meeting where they are going to dictate that the states plans must be followed as well as encumbering them (or their estate) with a 5 year follow-up plan. Last time my dad had to deal with this he ended up in the hospital with a massive heart attack and died twice on the table. At 75, he or my mother really don't need the work, expense or aggravation.

Prayers are appreciated that my folks have peace in this situation, that they can get it dealt with appropriately and inexpensively, that the state doesn't asses the maximum fine as they have threatened and that I don't let this make me bitter. God has his plans but it seems to have been one thing after another for about the last decade.

Prayers are appreciated that my folks have peace in this situation, that they can get it dealt with appropriately and inexpensively, that the state doesn't asses the maximum fine as they have threatened and that I don't let this make me bitter. God has his plans but it seems to have been one thing after another for about the last decade.

Prayers for a quick and painless resolution.

I just read though these again and prayed for each one as I read them. I also prayed that God would bless those who are praying for these, and watch over all the DisDads.

Sending good thoughts and prayers for all those posts on this thread who need God's mercy, as well as those who haven't had the strength to post here yet, but are also in need.

I guess this is the place to post updates on the Schwab Family now....anyway...went to see Allison on Saturday and she was having a good day. She said she had been in the hospital for 40 days and 40 nights. I told her that with all the rian we have had she should have built an ark! I still find it hard to believe that Richard has been gone as long as he has. Allison was allowed to eat some saltine crackers and she was able to keep them down. So, hopefully that will be a good sign that her bowel is going to start doing what it needs to do. Depending on how she continues to do with solids she is due to be sent to Columbus, Ohio to the childrens hospital for rehab. Her doctors have told her that her paralysis will be permanent. Outwardly she is delaing with it VERY well. She said that at rehab she will be taught how to take care of herself as to not be dependent on others. They do not want her to have a motorized wheelchair so that she does not lose upper arm strength as well. She has thought about some modifications that she wants to make on her wheelchair which I guess is a good thing. She said the thing that made her feel the best last week was having her hair done and being able to put on makeup! Ahh the simple things in life! Continue to keep them all in your prayers..they still have a long road against them!

I guess this is the place to post updates on the Schwab Family now....anyway...went to see Allison on Saturday and she was having a good day. She said she had been in the hospital for 40 days and 40 nights. I told her that with all the rian we have had she should have built an ark! I still find it hard to believe that Richard has been gone as long as he has. Allison was allowed to eat some saltine crackers and she was able to keep them down. So, hopefully that will be a good sign that her bowel is going to start doing what it needs to do. Depending on how she continues to do with solids she is due to be sent to Columbus, Ohio to the childrens hospital for rehab. Her doctors have told her that her paralysis will be permanent. Outwardly she is delaing with it VERY well. She said that at rehab she will be taught how to take care of herself as to not be dependent on others. They do not want her to have a motorized wheelchair so that she does not lose upper arm strength as well. She has thought about some modifications that she wants to make on her wheelchair which I guess is a good thing. She said the thing that made her feel the best last week was having her hair done and being able to put on makeup! Ahh the simple things in life! Continue to keep them all in your prayers..they still have a long road against them!

Thanks for the update. Will continue to pray for the family.

Thank you for sharing on this thread! I prayed through each of these request also, please update whenever possible or as you feel moved. God Bless you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!