***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

We were at Kidani in May and shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion were still in the little bottles. Do not know if anything has changed since. As to the lotion, what happened is that orginally DVC provided lotion. Then for a number of years it did not, but in the last couple years, it is back to providing it again, at least at the places we have stayed during that time, AKV, BWV, and BLT.

Same in mid June

I think we have only been provided body wash at BLT, VGF and Aulani. I have not seen any reports of a pump shampoo. conditioner and body wash at a DVC resort. There is a rumor of Disney hotel resorts getting them, but no verification of any rooms being converted.

We just left Jambo after a three night Value studio with Savannah view stay.

Am happy to say there were 4 mugs, 4 real glasses and the usual assortment of paper plates.

We saw some animals, and crown cranes and the two ostriches who seem to love that part of the Savannah.

We both enjoyed some food from the Mara. I am glad AKV is a home, and that I was able to book this value studio before this year’s DVC’s MC!

Thank you fro the great report bobbi! Cheering for the Mugs and glasses!

I'm curious, did the small fridge have a freezer compartment? In Kidani all rooms have a freezer, but I know Jambo has a few odd ones, trying to figure out if it's the values studios that are stuck with these non-freezer ones.

I puchased into AKV Jambo DVC last year and will make our first trip as DVC members in April 2019. I’ve booked into a studio savanna view, can anyone share if specific rooms can be requested and if so which room numbers would be best? Thanks in advance!

I puchased into AKV Jambo DVC last year and will make our first trip as DVC members in April 2019. I’ve booked into a studio savanna view, can anyone share if specific rooms can be requested and if so which room numbers would be best? Thanks in advance!

I am assuming you mean you reserved at Jambo (any AKV owner can also reserve at Kidani). Here is a room number map of Jambo: http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html However, requesting specifc room numbers is the least likely request to be met. Better to request a view and area. Most savanna view rooms have good savanna views. The requests many make and that I advise against are close to lobby and close to transportation, both made to avoid long walks to the room. The rooms met by those requests provide the weaker views. My personal request when I get Jambo is for a room overlooking Arusha savanna (the one in the middle of the bulding), along Zebra Trail (the right side of the building). If that request is met, it usually avoids close to lobby or transportation (because so many others request close to lobby or transportation and you have not), and gives you a room with a good view, with easy access to the pool, that faces west and thus avoids blinding sun beaming onto the porch and into the room in the early morning, and provides a view of pleasant sunsets.

Note that if you instead actually reserved at Kidani, the requests I recommend there are overlooking the Sunset savanna and either close to the Timon elevator, if you want to be fairly near the lobby and close to the bus station, or close to the Rafiki elevator, which also puts you fairly near the lobby but close to the pool. Though close to lobby is a request that, if met, gives you a good view there, it should be avoided because it is one that is often not met at Kidani because pratically everyone who has stayed there and got a room far away from the lobby requests close to lobby, and when the request is not met you most often end up far from the lobby because, when they cannot meet a location request, they just put you in any avaialble room, which is often one far away from the lobby. Kidani is a unique building in length, more than 2/3 mile long, and if you get a room near the end of a wing, your walk to the lobby is forever; with the longer one being along the north wing.

Last edited:
Hi. Staying in a 1-bedroom for a week and debating if we should bring our own shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Does Kidani have the refillable toiletries yet? Or do they still have the small, travel-size bottles?

If we will have the big, refillable containers, I won't bring our own stuff. But if we get the little bottles, I worry they won't be enough for our family to get by ... In the past, mousekeeping was inconsistent on providing more. Don't feel like fighting for shampoo! Thanks in advance for anyone who can confirm the toiletry situation.

I am assuming you mean you reserved at Jambo (any AKV owner can also reserve at Kidani). Here is a room number map of Jambo: http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html However, requesting specifc room numbers is the least likely request to be met. Better to request a view and area. Most savanna view rooms have good savanna views. The requests many make and that I advise against are close to lobby and close to transportation, both made to avoid long walks to the room. The rooms met by those requests provide the weaker views. My personal request when I get Jambo is for a room overlooking Arusha savanna (the one in the middle of the bulding), along Zebra Trail (the right side of the building). If that request is met, it usually avoids close to lobby or transportation (because so many others request close to lobby or transportation and you have not), and gives you a room with a good view, with easy access to the pool, that faces west and thus avoids blinding sun beaming onto the porch and into the room in the early morning, and provides a view of pleasant sunsets.

Note that if you instead actually reserved at Kidani, the requests I recommend there are overlooking the Sunset savanna and either close to the Timon elevator, if you want to be fairly near the lobby and close to the bus station, or close to the Rafiki elevator, which also puts you fairly near the lobby but close to the pool. Though close to lobby is a request that, if met, gives you a good view there, it should be avoided because it is one that is often not met at Kidani because pratically everyone who has stayed there and got a room far away from the lobby requests close to lobby, and when the request is not met you most often end up far from the lobby because, when they cannot meet a location request, they just put you in any avaialble room, which is often one far away from the lobby. Kidani is a unique building in length, more than 2/3 mile long, and if you get a room near the end of a wing, your walk to the lobby is forever; with the longer one being along the north wing.

Great info and I’ve been on the receiving end of all requests met or otherwise at Kidani! I’m wondering if you have a map of room numbers for kidani as you provided for Jambo?

TIA!
Dee

I stayed in room 5421 this past January and it was a fantastic view!! I’m attempting to attach a picture from our balcony...hopefully it works! Lol

Attachments

• 0623B065-4D8C-4985-A212-FEE4A5315D2E.jpeg
    0623B065-4D8C-4985-A212-FEE4A5315D2E.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 32

Thanks for the detailed response. I did fail to mention Jambo. I would prefer a shorter walk to the buses but also want to avoid as much foot traffic in front of my room as I tend to be a light sleeper. We’ve stayed at AK years ago before becoming a DVC member but don’t remember much about it.

I will be staying at a standard studios in a few weeks and I was wondering if there was room to put a kids air mattress? Has anybody done that?

I will be staying at a standard studios in a few weeks and I was wondering if there was room to put a kids air mattress? Has anybody done that?
We have brought a twin sized air mattress with us on many trips to both Jambo and Kidani and always found room for it in the studios. You may need to shuffle a table or chair about, but it will work.

So excited! Just booked a Jambo grand villa for next August for a trip with friends :) Haven't been to our home in a couple years, will be nice to go back!

Hi! I saw someone up thread asked this but it wasn't answered yet. Does anyone know if they have the large refillable shampoos in the AKL Kidani Villas? We're staying there later this month and need to know if I have to pack any. Thanks!!!

Hi! I saw someone up thread asked this but it wasn't answered yet. Does anyone know if they have the large refillable shampoos in the AKL Kidani Villas? We're staying there later this month and need to know if I have to pack any. Thanks!!!
No we split our last stay between Jambo and Kidani and there were the sample size bottles in the rooms.

Isn't it the same shampoo, conditioner, and body wash?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!