The "Official" 2018 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search Thread

In case you missed it, the application deadline has been extended until noon Sunday 9/17.
Thanks for posting that here Ricardo...good information to have out there! I certainly hope that it helps out the people affected by both Harvey and Irma. Best of luck to you all!

Name: Jessica
Specialty: Walt Disney World Resort
Favorite Disney snack: Dole Whip Float
Favorite Disney resort: Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Name Amanda
Location Wisconsin
Specialty WDW
Favorite Disney Snack ice cream cookie sandwich!
Favorite Disney Resort The Polynesian. Although we do love the proximity of the Contemporary to MK.

Name: Carla
Specialty: Walt Disney World Resort
Favorite Disney snack: Dole Whip Float
Favorite Disney resort: Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

New to the DIS board, but not at all new to the love of Disneyland~ hello from Sacramento! I jumped in this year because of a conversation with my daughter. One day, while heading to the park(s), she commented that I was "maximum happy". When I asked her to elaborate, she cited all of our past visits as fun (in large part) because I was always so relaxed and happy. I thought about that~and she is right! Disneyland, even crowded as crowds can be, brings out the best in me. Thinking about sharing my tips and advice with others makes me smile. I have a pretty darn rewarding "day" job already, but the thought of being on the Disney mom panel seriously makes my heart happy. Good luck to all!!!

Last edited:
This was my 2nd or 3rd time applying. Good luck everyone!

Name:
Sue
Specialty: Walt Disney World Resort, DVC
Favorite Disney snack: Dole Whip Float (vanilla ice cream)
Favorite Disney resort: Disney's Beach Club

In case you missed it, the application deadline has been extended until noon Sunday 9/17.

I just went to fill out the application (I always wait to the last minute!), but it says it's closed now! I saw that it was extended too and I thought I had more time! Nope. It's closed.

Submitted my application on the first day, this is my second year applying.

Name - Angela
Location - Vancouver BC suburbs
Specialty - DCL
Favorite Disney Snack - do mickey bars count??
Favorite Disney Resort - POR

Submitted my application on the first day, this is my second year applying.

Name - Angela
Location - Vancouver BC suburbs
Specialty - DCL
Favorite Disney Snack - do mickey bars count??
Favorite Disney Resort - POR

Mickey bars absolutely count! My favourite also.

My first year applying!! So excited!!

Name: Kate
Specialty: WDW
Favorite Disney Snack: Mickey pretzel
Favorite Disney Resort: AKL

I'm seeing a lot of votes for Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge as people's favorite Disney World Resort. That makes me pretty excited as it's on our family's short list for resorts to stay at in 2019-2020 when we are planning to make 2-3 trips over that period of time. We already love the food over at AKL having eaten at Sanaa and Boma and my wife is dying to try Jiko. If any cares to throw out their pro tips for their preferences on the best accommodations at AKL I'd be very interested to hear them!

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Name: Mary Beth
Specialty: WDW
Favorite Disney Snack: Mickey ice cream bar--seriously, is there anything better?
Favorite Disney Resort: Contemporary
8th time applying.

Name: Jennie
Specialty: WDW and cruises
Favorite Disney snack: Dole Whip and refillable popcorn buckets!
Favorite Disney resort: WL-Wilderness Lodge

Name: Laura
Specialty: WDW, DL
Favorite Disney snack: Germany's Caramel Popcorn
Favorite Disney resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge

This is my second year applying, didn't make it past the first round last time. :(

Name:
Susan
Specialty: Disneyland
Favorite Disney snack: Mickey pretzel
Favorite Disney resort: I really love Disney's Grand Californian but I was blown away by Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I'm seeing a lot of votes for Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge as people's favorite Disney World Resort. That makes me pretty excited as it's on our family's short list for resorts to stay at in 2019-2020 when we are planning to make 2-3 trips over that period of time. We already love the food over at AKL having eaten at Sanaa and Boma and my wife is dying to try Jiko. If any cares to throw out their pro tips for their preferences on the best accommodations at AKL I'd be very interested to hear them!

Thanks in advance.

Rob

We stayed at AKL twice in the past year, and both times in a standard room. However, many of the standard rooms also have a partial view of the savannahs, and we were lucky both times. The first time our room ended up overlooking a public viewing area, so there were always animals there (because there was food there). The second time we didn't do online check in and asked if it was possible to get a partial view. We ended up with an awesome room overlooking a "people pen" (evacuation space), which was just as good as the other savannah rooms nearby. But there are also still a number of standard rooms that overlook the parking lot...

Other important things to know:
-You can buy Zebra Domes in The Mara.
-There's a shuttle van that will run you between Jambo House and Kidani Village. You just wait out by the front entrances, and it runs back and forth continuously.

Do you have kids? I have a preschooler, and he loved the splash pad area at Kidani, using the night vision goggles, and roasting marshmallows.

Hello all! First time applicant here. Pixie dust to all! :tink:

Name
: Lauren
Specialty: WDW and DVC
Favorite Disney snack: Dole Whip
Favorite Disney resort: Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!