The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Jim, my friend!!!! I need a love button not a like button for your trip report so far!

Hilarious on the $20 savings justifying your AP purchase ;) Gotta love that!

Your niece is a doll. You sure did take her at the most magical age. I remember gasps and real tears of happiness with my Grace when she was that age;)

Love the matching shirts and Disney shoes with your son. In this here digital age, don't forget to print your photos when you get back home. Great memories in the making :)

Awesome on the upgrade room. When do you move over to the Fort and how long will you be there?

Jim, my friend!!!! I need a love button not a like button for your trip report so far.

Your niece is a doll. You sure did take her at the most magical age.

When do you move over to the Fort and how long will you be there?
Thank you Melissa. We are having a great time. My niece really is cute and she is having a ball. Definitely the right age.

We are supposed to move to the Fort on Wednesday. Chris (PAHunter) sent me a text saying HoopDeeDo opened tonight. That has to be a good sign.

j

So well we were up a bit early this morning, made the trip down 95 and I4. We checked in to All Star Sports, hopefully only for 2 days. We have our trailer out in the parking lot, slides out, DW is cooking rice out there for dinner, I am currently working on pepper steak with an electric skillet. We are making it work. Should have seen all the people this morning when I whipped the trailer in to a no parking area behind the hotel so we could check in. They didn't think I was going to get it backed in, HA !!
Went over to MK for the afternoon, bit of a crowd, but did not seem any worse than our Feb trips previously. Picks to follow once I get some dinner in me.

So well we were up a bit early this morning, made the trip down 95 and I4. We checked in to All Star Sports, hopefully only for 2 days. We have our trailer out in the parking lot, slides out, DW is cooking rice out there for dinner, I am currently working on pepper steak with an electric skillet. We are making it work. Should have seen all the people this morning when I whipped the trailer in to a no parking area behind the hotel so we could check in. They didn't think I was going to get it backed in, HA !!
Went over to MK for the afternoon, bit of a crowd, but did not seem any worse than our Feb trips previously. Picks to follow once I get some dinner in me.

You give us campers a good name, Chris. We have our kitchens and refrigeration with us when we travel and they're stuck eating commercial (and mostly Disney commercial) for every meal. I bet the pepper steak smelled delicious.

:sad: You have to feel sorry for those folks stuck living at a resort for their whole Disney vacation.

Now Jim, on the other hand, is slumming over at a DVC villa which I would think has kitchen and fridge facilities and he's paying a campsite rate (what a deal THAT is ::yes:: ). That's making the best of a bad situation and if he could get that kind of discount on any future DVC stay, he'd be asking where does he sign?

Truth is, we campers got it GOOD!

Glad you made it, bud!

Bama Ed

Bama Ed,

Now now. Not everyone gets the opportunity to live the trailer life every time they go WDW. I know I don't. But we are sometimes fortunate to just be able to go.

PAhunter great to hear you have arrived to your temp destination.

We went over to MK today after checking in, long bus ride.
_MG_8746-1.jpg
Rode Buzz LightYear Space Ranger Spin...
_MG_8805-1.jpg
As you can see on the left, trees stripped by Irma.
_MG_8905-1.jpg
pirates...
_MG_8951-1.jpg
we want the redhead....
_MG_9017-1.jpg
Jungle Cruise.. Dry Dock Tour.
_MG_9035-1.jpg
Dry Dock version of.....the backside of water......

And who says you can only camp at the Fort ???
IMG_8700-1.jpg
Parked in the All Star Sports lot...oh yes, slides are out until we leave.
IMG_9041-1.jpg
Cooking dinner....in the hotel room. Still camping....
IMG_9045-1.jpg
Pepper Steak, it was what was for dinner.
Tonight will just relax the rest of the evening. And tomorrow DHS, will try to update.

Oh, there is a ton of construction around the Magic Kingdom booths. The road that will lead to the Fort is finally taking shape and will serve us well in the future.

Here is a picture from google maps of where we ended up parked while checking in today. the wide red line is where I backed the trailer in. We were traveling down Stadium Blvd from top to bottom, made the left on Dugout Drive, and backed in to be located in the red area I shaded in.
AllStars2mod.jpg

I love it! Electric skillet in a value resort room!

Love the use of table space for all the ingredients.

:thumbsup2

EPCOT today. We did some rearranging because of the relocation and moving to the Fort on Wednesday. The MDE app is fantastic. I cancelled my MK FP+ and booked a couple at EPCOT in 2 minutes. Did Soarin twice. Got the new theater on the second show. It looks exactly like the 2 old theaters. I like the new show, Soarin around the world. Still like the old one too. I wish they would run the old movie in one of the theaters.

We ran over to Disney Springs this morning. DS wanted to hit the Lego store. I picked up a new Magic band. Since we will be coming down several times with the APs, I figured it was worth it.
20170918_190752-907x1612.jpg

While making our way around EPCOT I thought I saw Chris out BBQing, but it was only Mickey. Took a family selfie with him just in case it was Chris.

20170918_162916-1305x979.jpg

Finally, tried playing with some of the settings on my phone camera while waiting for Illuminations. This one looks good on the phone screen. I'll have to see when I get home.

20170918_201426-1612x907.jpg

Tomorrow is AK and our first look at Pandora. AK is one of our favorite parks. Looking forward to the new rides.

j

Wow. Another full day at AK. This is my 2nd favorite park and I was really looking forward to Pandora, the new night time show and the Tree of Lights show. None of it disappointed. Flights of Passage is incredible. The best 3D VR experience I've had. Fantastic ride. Pandora at night is "subtle". I had read the lighting was low key. It is, but the more you look around, the more you see what they have put in. Here's a pic.

20170919_205806-1612x907.jpg

Rivers of Light is neat, but it looks like it still needs a little refinement. Cool concept and technology though.

20170919_201756-1612x907.jpg
20170919_201703-1612x907.jpg

Last was the Tree of Life show. Same projection mapping technology used in the new MK night time show. It works just as well on the ToL.

20170919_205121-907x1612.jpg

Tomorrow is moving day. I am going to go by the Fort about 8am to see if I can get a site, then over to pick up the golf cart at 9. I will post here and in the other thread if I get a site.

I have lunch reservations at Teppan Edo at EPCOT. Hopefully I can get everything moved in time to get to EPCOT by 1:30. I think we will do a little monorail resort hopping after that. Then take one of the Fort boats back. I've wanted to be on one of the boats all week. Should be a great day to get back home. OKW is really nice, but it isn't the Fort.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter