The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Well after all the announcements at D23 this weekend sounds like once arriving on Disney property everyone will need to be issued a hard hat. Construction galore, and the loss of some more rides to give us new and exciting ones.
Well looks like an early morning for me later this week as our FP window will open. This also occurs for a couple others as well, I know I am looking to snag those in Pandora especially.
Just got news the dealership will be fixing the damage from our slideout getting stuck. New set of brackets on order and a new trim piece, hope we can get it done before Disney, although it is only a tiny spot and doesn't look that bad.
Camping trips coming up both with and without the nephews, and Disney prep continues.

What is this about your slide getting stuck? I must have missed that post....

Our crew has joined us for the September adventure :yay:

jto081.jpg

What is this about your slide getting stuck? I must have missed that post....

It got stuck on the door that popped open and kept the slide from coming out straight. The slide kept moving as they are hydraulic and are very powerful. Happened about the second day we had the trailer. :(

Well sitting here in the camper listening to it rain.....and thought let me work up a few new pictures from last years trip. Yes there are still more of the nearly 3500 I shot that have not been posted. But first I thought, let's put a different twist on a shot we have all seen before from POC.
_MG_7534-1-3.jpg

Camping the weekend, pretty much no cell service, but have wifi. Got set up yesterday and it rained most of the evening, most of the severe weather missed us. Hope to get a picture of the campsite today for the campsite thread. Still setting up the camper, hanging command hooks and rearranging things here.
_MG_7238-1.jpg

So today will consist of a tour of an old mill, then just hanging around.

_MG_7244-1.jpg
Looking forward to the trip to Disney....

_MG_7206-1.jpg
But the days in between just keep dragging on...
_MG_7269-1.jpg
But we will cruise along and before you know it...
_MG_7216-1.jpg

We will be arriving with the whole kit en kabootle at the Fort.

I love the way you put poems to the pictures. Keep up the good pictures & poems. We need rain so bad in Bastrop County (Texas) Burn ban in effect.

Chris,

Great pics. I hope the weather improves. We had big storms come through last night with a cool front. And "cool" is a bit misleading. It's still going to be 98 here today and REALLY humid with the over night rain. Better than yesterday's 108 I guess.

A question for you. It sounds like you have all your days scheduled out already. I only have definite plans on about half the days. Some of that was dictated by the FPs I could get and looking at the crowd calendars. My sister and niece have never been to the Fort or MK, so I wanted to leave things flexible. I'm hoping the crowds really are 2-3/10 during the week so we can still do what we want, being flexible.

j

Chris,

Great pics. I hope the weather improves. We had big storms come through last night with a cool front. And "cool" is a bit misleading. It's still going to be 98 here today and REALLY humid with the over night rain. Better than yesterday's 108 I guess.

A question for you. It sounds like you have all your days scheduled out already. I only have definite plans on about half the days. Some of that was dictated by the FPs I could get and looking at the crowd calendars. My sister and niece have never been to the Fort or MK, so I wanted to leave things flexible. I'm hoping the crowds really are 2-3/10 during the week so we can still do what we want, being flexible.

j

We have kind of half scheduled out this trip. With ADR's and the Keys tour, they are our set days, and yes we kinda set our park days. Sat the 23rd we are at the Fort all day, relax recharge day. Our second week is actually busier ADR wise than the first. Most days we will either be back midday or head to parks later. Some days maybe make RD back to the Fort, and back to the park.
And well, glad we do not have 108 on my thermometer, it hit 97 the other day heat index was pretty high, and I like the wicked witch, was melting.
Your niece will have a blast, if crowds are similar to what we have experienced in Feb, you should be fine not planning everything out. A friend of mine just came back, they did a day at MK two weeks ago waited no longer than 90 mins for a ride, and most were less than 20. He has younger kids, and they had a great time.

I'm hoping crowds and waits are good. We have been down in February and the crowds were nothing. It was great, except for the 40 degree mornings.

Right now this is what I have planned:

Sat- Sept 16- Arrive early, take whatever Premium site is available and hit MK after we set up. No FP for anything. Plan on staying for the fireworks show. Wishes was a first night family tradition.

Sun- Sept 17- (was going to be AK, but no FoP FPs) 1030 breakfast at Ohana, then HS. FP for RnR (for the adults). Donna and Alayna (DN) will be doing Frozen Sing Along in the afternoon while me, DS and Dsister do ToT. Star Tours at diner time and then catch Fantasmic.

Monday- Sept 18- AK! FP for FotL in the morning, Avatar FoP at 4pm and FP for RoL seating.

Tuesday- Sept 19- Nothing planned- Probably hang at the Fort and go to DS for some shopping. Considering TE for lunch or dinner. We have never been over to Boardwalk area and my check that out. We like to monorail hop too.

Wednesday- Sept 20- EPCOT day- FP and ADR for Soarin before lunch, Tepan Edo for lunch. Plan on wandering the rest of the day until Illuminations.

Thursday- Sept 21- MK- KTTK tour. 0830 tour- Chris- I don't remember which one you are on. My sister and niece are on their own that day.

Friday- Sept 22- DS and DN said they are going to Tampa to see a friend and the ocean. My niece has never seen the ocean and my sister hasn't in 20 years. Donna, Ian and I have dinner ADR at Whispering Canyon, but nothing else booked.

Saturday- Sept 23- Nothing booked. Figured we would see what everyone wanted to go back and see/do. My sister may be staying at her friend's Friday night and likely won't be back to the Fort until afternoon.

Sunday- Sept 24- Head for home VERY early. I normally drive straight through to home, but I don't think Dsister and DN will do well with that, so I'll probably stay somewhere between N. GA and Nashville. We are all off work Monday, the 25th.

j

I'm hoping crowds and waits are good. We have been down in February and the crowds were nothing. It was great, except for the 40 degree mornings.

Right now this is what I have planned:

Sat- Sept 16- Arrive early, take whatever Premium site is available and hit MK after we set up. No FP for anything. Plan on staying for the fireworks show. Wishes was a first night family tradition.

Sun- Sept 17- (was going to be AK, but no FoP FPs) 1030 breakfast at Ohana, then HS. FP for RnR (for the adults). Donna and Alayna (DN) will be doing Frozen Sing Along in the afternoon while me, DS and Dsister do ToT. Star Tours at diner time and then catch Fantasmic.

Monday- Sept 18- AK! FP for FotL in the morning, Avatar FoP at 4pm and FP for RoL seating.

Tuesday- Sept 19- Nothing planned- Probably hang at the Fort and go to DS for some shopping. Considering TE for lunch or dinner. We have never been over to Boardwalk area and my check that out. We like to monorail hop too.

Wednesday- Sept 20- EPCOT day- FP and ADR for Soarin before lunch, Tepan Edo for lunch. Plan on wandering the rest of the day until Illuminations.

Thursday- Sept 21- MK- KTTK tour. 0830 tour- Chris- I don't remember which one you are on. My sister and niece are on their own that day.

Friday- Sept 22- DS and DN said they are going to Tampa to see a friend and the ocean. My niece has never seen the ocean and my sister hasn't in 20 years. Donna, Ian and I have dinner ADR at Whispering Canyon, but nothing else booked.

Saturday- Sept 23- Nothing booked. Figured we would see what everyone wanted to go back and see/do. My sister may be staying at her friend's Friday night and likely won't be back to the Fort until afternoon.

Sunday- Sept 24- Head for home VERY early. I normally drive straight through to home, but I don't think Dsister and DN will do well with that, so I'll probably stay somewhere between N. GA and Nashville. We are all off work Monday, the 25th.

j

Looks like a solid plan. We get in Monday the 18th, planning on setting up, maybe DS for some shopping, and fireworks on the beach.
Tuesday is DHS, with Sci Fi for dinner, then Fantasmic.
Wednesday is MK and the Keys tour.
Thursday have AK down, with no FOP, but Navai River and want to see ROL and photograph.
Friday, we are set to hit EPCOT.
Saturday is our Fort and relax day
Sunday we are back to AK with FOP scheduled.

Here's our plan:
Sept. 16 - leave home and stay the night at Suwanee River State Park
Sept. 17 - arrive at the Fort mid-day. Hoop-Dee-Doo Review that evening
Sept. 18 - Magic Kingdom and 3 FP's
Sept. 19 - 20 - Epcot with 2 FP's. Will probably gain a few pounds around the Lake sampling stuff :-)
Sept. 21 - Animal Kingdom and 3 FP's
Sept. 22 - Whatever day
Sept. 23 - depart the Fort and back to Suwanee River State Park for one night
Sept. 24 - home :-(

If you have a day or two that you do not have any plans for while at the Fort, you should take a Disney Vacation Club tour. It's well worth the free lunch :-)

Last edited:
If you have a day or two that you do not have any plans for while at the Fort, you should take a Disney Vacation Club tour. It's well worth the free lunch :-)
Our friends did that one year and came back owners at SSR. :-)

As much as I would like, DVC just doesn't add up for the way we vacation. Especially at the $/point the way the newer places have been going.

j

Our friends did that one year and came back owners at SSR. :-)

As much as I would like, DVC just doesn't add up for the way we vacation. Especially at the $/point the way the newer places have been going.

j

Oh, I agree. We didn't buy anything but enjoyed the free lunch and actually enjoyed the presentation. Disney is NOT high pressure like most of the other "time share" presentations. It's a good couple hours of a "different" side of Disney.

Hello everyone! I have booked a tent site sept 17 thru 21. We are annual passholders and live about 3 hours from Disney. We have been to Disney quite few times (my husband says hes done with Disney for a while!...not me!) This is my first time staying at the Fort. We did the backyard BBQ and saw some of the fort then and I couldn't wait to come back. This trip will be interesting. It will just be myself (I will be 25 weeks pregnant) and my 3 year old son. I haven't set up a tent in 10 years or gone camping for about that long ago either! Will be doing some trial runs at home for sure. My son and I will both be celebrating our birthdays mine the 19th and his the 25th.

Rxdr,

Welcome! 5 days at the Fort will be a great chance to see what it has to offer.

Tell us more about your trip plans. Being annual pass holders, you've probably been there/done that, but September should be a great time to have a less busy time to do things.

j

I've been following along, finally chiming in. We are arriving at the fort Tuesday September 26th, and leaving Friday October 6th. We actually leave home (an hour north of Toronto) on Friday September 22nd, with an arrival in Clearwater/St. Pete's on the Sunday for 2 nights. Our main purpose for stopping there is to spend Monday at the Clearwater Aquarium to meet Winter the dolphin who holds a special place in our hearts as my 5 year old DD is an amputee.

DH and I tent camped at the fort back in 2007 and loved it. We are coming this time with our tent trailer as I am too old and I don't drink nearly enough anymore to willingly sleep on the ground (even with an air mattress). Bought the trailer last year, we've only had it out once, but are leaving this Saturday for an 8 night trip. We've been making some mods for storage and I am so excited to try it out. We are just figuring out our plans for our Disney time. We are attending MNSSHP for the first time on Oct 1 (DD's 6th bday), have a few ADRS. We have APs this year and this is our third trip since December, so looking to hit our favourites and do the things we always seem to miss (hello, Tom Sawyer's island, I'm looking at you!). Planning on booking FPs and planning lots of down time at the Fort. With my FP date coming up on Friday it is starting to feel real! Getting excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!