The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

thank U for the pictures.

Been a long winded pre trip, and well figured we were long overdue for some Disney pictures, even if they were from last years trip. Kinda getting me in the mood and excited about this years trip and all that is new to photograph.

The heat, humidity and overtime has me feeling like these guys this week.

_MG_7496-1.jpg
Some of my shots from last trip, like this one, came out noisy or grainy. I used a high ISO when shooting just to find some of my limits as I was shooting with a new camera. Learned a lot last trip and can't wait to shoot more this trip.

Hey all! The fam (Me, DH, 2 DS and DM) will be heading down soon. This is an extra special trip, with a lot of dreams fulfilled. Celebrating oldest's 5th birthday, my 40th (gasp!)birthday.....Plus first time for the Food & Wine Festival and MNSSHP. Of all the times we've been to Dis, the stars have never aligned quite right for bdays and other events. To say I'm excited is an understatement! Lol

Last edited:
Hey all! The fam (Me, DH, 2 DS and DM) will be heading down in Sept. Arriving the 23rd to Oct 8th! This is an extra special trip, with a lot of dreams fulfilled. Celebrating oldest's 5th birthday, my 40th (gasp!)birthday.....Plus first time for the Food & Wine Festival and MNSSHP. Of all the times we've been to Dis, the stars have never aligned quite right for bdays and other events. To say I'm excited is an understatement! Lol

Awesome ! The 23rd is our Fort day, just relaxing, etc. So if you see someone watching you back in to your campsite for entertainment, it might be us.popcorn::

Well Disney is making it hard to want to go to DHS this trip for more than a couple of hours.
Was hoping to get a chance to shoot some more pictures in The Great Movie ride one last time, but alas it will not be. They are closing it down early next month. Gonna be hard to get excited about DHS with only 4 rides in the whole park.

Well Disney is making it hard to want to go to DHS this trip for more than a couple of hours.
Was hoping to get a chance to shoot some more pictures in The Great Movie ride one last time, but alas it will not be. They are closing it down early next month. Gonna be hard to get excited about DHS with only 4 rides in the whole park.

I thought they were having some kind of special presentation in there through August. Wow, I guess I'll miss it, too.

Guess I have to look at us doing a couple hours at DHS and hopping somewhere else in the evening. May have to change my plans around now, ugh. Still need to hit Toy Story Mania and Rocking Roller Coaster, although DW doesn't do RRC, I love it.

Well after all the announcements at D23 this weekend sounds like once arriving on Disney property everyone will need to be issued a hard hat. Construction galore, and the loss of some more rides to give us new and exciting ones.
Well looks like an early morning for me later this week as our FP window will open. This also occurs for a couple others as well, I know I am looking to snag those in Pandora especially.
Just got news the dealership will be fixing the damage from our slideout getting stuck. New set of brackets on order and a new trim piece, hope we can get it done before Disney, although it is only a tiny spot and doesn't look that bad.
Camping trips coming up both with and without the nephews, and Disney prep continues.

Well after all the announcements at D23 this weekend sounds like once arriving on Disney property everyone will need to be issued a hard hat. Construction galore, and the loss of some more rides to give us new and exciting ones.
Yeah, From what I have heard, DHS is now barely even a Half Day park. :(

I guess this is the price to get newer and better.... right?

Well just got done meeting with the contractor about putting in a pad for our beast. Hopefully not too expensive, yea that is a relative term. Front of pad would require no fill, backside needs to come up 3 feet. Hope it is a reasonable number and we can get it done before winter, the sooner the better. Would be nice to have a nice level place, not in front of the garage to place the trailer when we are not using it. Yard was level enough for a smaller TT, not so much with our new one.
FP's later this week, and need to load up camper again. But first it is time to head to work.

PaHunter, We will be doing the same thing in a couple of months. Thankfully, there will not need to be any fill for leveling ... just some work with a skid steer blade to take out some roots and such.

Today is D-60.

Fast Passes are made! I had a 0630 meeting this morning. I sat down about 0900 to try getting FP+ for Flights of Passage. Nothing available on Sunday or Monday. Got an afternoon spot on Tuesday. It wasn't my planned on day to do AK, but I'm there now.

I didn't have any trouble getting Soarin, ToT, Rivers of Light or most anything else. I'll look some more tonight after I get home and figure out how I'm going to rearrange the week days.

j

Today is D-60.

Fast Passes are made! I had a 0630 meeting this morning. I sat down about 0900 to try getting FP+ for Flights of Passage. Nothing available on Sunday or Monday. Got an afternoon spot on Tuesday. It wasn't my planned on day to do AK, but I'm there now.

I didn't have any trouble getting Soarin, ToT, Rivers of Light or most anything else. I'll look some more tonight after I get home and figure out how I'm going to rearrange the week days.

j

Well, glad you were able to get one anyway. Which reminds me, I know it is belated but, :bday: :cake:
I have to get up early on Friday to make our FP after getting home at 1am. :surfweb:The things we do for Disney. At least once they are made, I can try to go back to sleep for a bit.

Although we have been going to Disney World since 1974 ( about every 2 years ), we have never taken advantage of the FP system. Didn't need to since we weren't in any real hurry. However, I decided to try out the FP system for this years trip. First time FP'er and first time Ft. Wilderness camper :D Anyway, today is my day 60 and FP availability. I have grabbed a few FP's without issue but what is the trick to grabbing two FP's for the new Pandora thingy. I got the Avatar Flight of Passage FP but it wont let me get the Na-vi River FP.

Oh, and BTW, there were times available for both.

Last edited:
Well alrighty then ... found the answer to my own question. Looks as if all the parks allow 3 FP's per day but, Animal Kingdom is divided into 2 "Groups" ... Group A & B. Group A only allows 1 FP per day while Group B allows 2. Unfortunately, Avatar Flight of Passage and Na-vi River are both in Group A. :mad: The other parks have similar "Groupings" with the exception of the Magic Kingdom.

Which reminds me, I know it is belated but, :bday: :cake:
Thank You! It took me minute to figure out how you know.

Well alrighty then ... found the answer to my own question.
This will be my first trip since FP+. I had intended on reading through the thread on the TPAS forum, but didn't get to it. You should have seen me speed reading Monday evening. :D

j

Well this morning opened our FP window, and I was able to secure the Flight's of Passage ride twice, and Navi River one day. As well as Soarin, Toy Story Mania, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
So not too bad, this was the 3rd year using the FP system, and they changed it since last year. Seems to not be as user friendly as the past. But maybe that is my perception. Seemed like I did a lot of things over and over and over and over, like who was in my party....for every single FP.
It took me almost an hour this morning, to book the 10 park days we are there. Last year I booked 7 days worth of FP and I don't recall it taking me but maybe 20 to 30 mins. Seemed shorter last year, of course maybe it is just faded memory recall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!