The Most EPIC Pre-Trip Report - Group PTR for 2019!! List of TRIP REPORTS added

How should we spend a girls night out in WDW?

• Jellyrolls

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • Yehaw Bob

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Disney Springs

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Monorail Bar Crawl

Votes: 100 51.3%
  • Lounge at AKL

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Raglan Road

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Watch Avengers 4

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Happily Ever After Dessert Party (no booze)

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Illuminations Dessert Party

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • I'm tired I think I'll sleep...

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Have to plant the seed in DH's mind...but I am thinking I may have Dd go ahead and get me a 5day Hopper before her CM discount is gone...
So we can bring someone along? thinking my oldest DD (she turns 21 in October) may be wanting to go (she has a ton of friends there and wouldn't likely hang out with us much anyway)...

@KathyM2 and @chunkymonkey - I cannot get pictures to upload at all right now of our meets!

I have had some really nice dis meets including Susan @suse66, Kari @kastoney, Meghan @MeghanEmily, John @docsoliday1, and Dana @AliceNDinah (she isn’t on the boards much, only when planning a trip) and I hope to meet @MinnieWebster and @pepperandchips this August and get to say hi again to Meghan! I do have picture of most which have been in all my trip reports.

I am thinking of the dates 5/1-5/5/19. I have started to look at prices and CS has a good price, my first choice would be FQ. If I do make this trip I will be solo. As a RN in a union we need to ask for vacation about one year ahead of time. I will need to check that these dates are open when I return to work from my current vacation. One positive is I have been a nurse in the union a long time so I have lots of seniority, and I get lots of vacation yay!

I am trying to fill in this info on the spreadsheet but I can’t seem to remember my google password, I will keep trying. I wouldn’t mind a roommate if someone else is going these dates, I also am fine staying on my own so I will see how it plays out.

I have had some really nice dis meets including Susan @suse66, Kari @kastoney, Meghan @MeghanEmily, John @docsoliday1, and Dana @AliceNDinah (she isn’t on the boards much, only when planning a trip) and I hope to meet @MinnieWebster and @pepperandchips this August and get to say hi again to Meghan! I do have picture of most which have been in all my trip reports.

I am thinking of the dates 5/1-5/5/19. I have started to look at prices and CS has a good price, my first choice would be FQ. If I do make this trip I will be solo. As a RN in a union we need to ask for vacation about one year ahead of time. I will need to check that these dates are open when I return to work from my current vacation. One positive is I have been a nurse in the union a long time so I have lots of seniority, and I get lots of vacation yay!

I am trying to fill in this info on the spreadsheet but I can’t seem to remember my google password, I will keep trying. I wouldn’t mind a roommate if someone else is going these dates, I also am fine staying on my own so I will see how it plays out.
Hi Caroline! Again, it was SO nice meeting the two of you---almost a YEAR ago, I can't believe it. I am SO wanting to get back to "The World"; hopefully we'll be able to go next year....I know my family will want to see the new Star Wars land and Toy Story land. I don't post alot here, but I do lurk around, soaking up the Disney atmosphere, ha ha. It all just makes me want to go back!!!!! Have fun planning your next trip, next May sounds great!

I think you mis-typed a bit. you put me and nice dis meets in the same sentence. ;)

I would offer, but I have a feeling your DH and my DW wouldn't like that much. :rotfl2:

In all seriousness, I'm not in a union and don't have tons of seniority and I'm going in January, so pretty sure May isn't an option. I'm also getting to the point where the constant price hikes and money grabs by Disney (just one example is parking at resorts now) are outpacing both inflation and my paycheck more rapidly, so I'm thinking I'll be looking for non-Disney (cheaper) options. As much as I love Disney, the prices are making it less and less attractive. As I mentioned in another thread, it's not that I can't afford it, more so whether I want to afford the ever increasing prices.

Hi Caroline! Again, it was SO nice meeting the two of you---almost a YEAR ago, I can't believe it. I am SO wanting to get back to "The World"; hopefully we'll be able to go next year....I know my family will want to see the new Star Wars land and Toy Story land. I don't post alot here, but I do lurk around, soaking up the Disney atmosphere, ha ha. It all just makes me want to go back!!!!! Have fun planning your next trip, next May sounds great!
Hi Dana, I hope you are having a great summer and will be heading back to WDW for Star Wars and TSL!

I think you mis-typed a bit. you put me and nice dis meets in the same sentence. ;)

I would offer, but I have a feeling your DH and my DW wouldn't like that much. :rotfl2:

In all seriousness, I'm not in a union and don't have tons of seniority and I'm going in January, so pretty sure May isn't an option. I'm also getting to the point where the constant price hikes and money grabs by Disney (just one example is parking at resorts now) are outpacing both inflation and my paycheck more rapidly, so I'm thinking I'll be looking for non-Disney (cheaper) options. As much as I love Disney, the prices are making it less and less attractive. As I mentioned in another thread, it's not that I can't afford it, more so whether I want to afford the ever increasing prices.
Ahh you are very nice! I agree Disney prices keep taking major hikes, yikes! I am not sure if I can swing this May trip but it would be so fun to meet all these wonderful women! I did just see some great prices for DVC confirmed reservations on the DVC rental store. Wow, The Poly for $150. a night. It must be someone who booked and can’t keep the reservation. The only thing is you have to be able to go on those dates, always a catch, lol!

I voted for drinks at AKL because I love that resort and could see you guys ending up by either of the firepits with drinks in hand, but I had hoped to cast two votes.

My other would be the Illuminations dessert party. The current party would be so much fun for you guys since there's an after hours ride on Frozen. I wonder how many of you could fit in one boat? It would make for a great photo op! I think the tables seat 4 or 5, so you might be broken into smaller groups but hopefully close together. A photopass photographer is usually at the party and I bet would be willing to do a group shot.

Unfortunately, there's a rumor going around that Illuminations is not long for this world, so it might be gone by the time you travel. Nothing at all official, so who knows. If so, though, I wonder what this means for the current party? Changed? Staying the same but with a different fireworks show? I really hope they keep it Frozen themed so the after hours ride continues to make sense. It's currently a fantastic party - my favorite of the three we've tried.

This sounds like so much FUN! I can't wait to hear more about it! And if I win that lottery, I will join you all! And maybe will claim this red color...just because everyone was claiming a color...and I need to fit in, lol!

Ok, first of all - great title! Totally drew me right into it.:banana:
Second, this is such an awesome idea. I've been a part of a Girls Only Disneyland Trip group for the past 10 years :eek::eek::eek: It started off just like this and went from a group of 20-30 to almost 100 ladies getting together once a year. I've always wanted to do something like this for WDW because it sounds like so much fun.

@chunkymonkey I love all your TRs so happy to see you posting!

I'm going to WDW in January 2019 but this is so enticing, maybe a bounce back for a meet up?:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin

Excited to follow along!

Hmmm I wonder if I can sneak a 1 or 2 day trip in. Never been by myself before, and finals week will be the week before........ Wonder how dead I would be when I told DH, DS, and DD I was going without them. Oh so very tempting.

I hope we're able to pull this off otherwise it'll be called the Most Epic Trip Report FAIL of All Time!
No way man, I dealt with all my #transportationfails in March and I am NOT up for another fail of any kind! It's HAPPENING!

And of course I couldn't forget my Disney spirit animal Ariane, @ariane37. We met with drinks in our hands, started cursing within minutes of meeting each other, and our bond was sealed.
:drinking1 :hyper2: :hug:

The beautiful @kastoney and equally beautiful @ariane37. Can’t wait to see you both again!!!!!
I cannot wait either, so excited we are all going!

Yay, I can't wait to meet you! That's great your mom is joining you and that you'll be there for your birthday :thumbsup2

I just booked us at the Coronado since we originally hail from the Southwest- so somewhat nostalgic for us. (Of course, having a bucket list of staying at all the resorts, and I've not done this one yet, has nothing to do with it. ;)
CSR is my favorite mod, we're there again for a few nights in Nov. although I may switch to FQ simply because there will be less walking for Ricky. But I love everything about CSR, good choice!

5. 3-4 nights Wilderness Lodge
I already told you this, but WL will always get my vote even if you start off with the 1 night at Pop :goodvibes Let me know what you do!

@chunkymonkey I'll get my DISMeet pics posted asap, once tomorrow is over I'll be a little less stressed and more into the boards again :) Love the idea of showing them though!

I need to catch up on your pre-trippie to get up to speed on who will be joining you on the trip. I just voted on your poll. What about going up to the DVC lounge at BLT to watch fireworks? Do you have enough owners to take all the gals up?

My mom has decided to go; it's been a long, long time since I've gotten to have some Mommy time and this was a perfect opportunity. I just booked us at the Coronado since we originally hail from the Southwest- so somewhat nostalgic for us. (Of course, having a bucket list of staying at all the resorts, and I've not done this one yet, has nothing to do with it. ;) )
I've heard a rumor that a possible Group Meet might be in the works for some Cinco de Mayo drinks there?? We've got our room from the 3rd-9th and we're planning to make it to most, if not all, of the planned group events depending on how she's doing those days.

Bonus is that my birthday is the 8th, so we'll find a nice place to go that night. Not sure where, but stoked to be planning a really nice trip for us. Our ADR date is not until October 30th and I plan to see her in September, so we'll have some in person time to plan our trip.

Meantime, of all the group things we've got cooked up, I love them all. So glad I get to be part of this epic hang out!

That is awesome that mom is coming along for the trip! I've always wanted to stay at Coronado Springs, the renovated rooms look gorgeous! And of course, no better place to be on Cinco de Mayo! I bet they are doing something fun that day. Margaritas for everyone I hope, haha.

How awesome you get to spend your b-day at Disney! There is nothing better than that. This trip is looking epic for you even if we weren't all going! :thumbsup2

Ok ladies, I need your help...Where should I stay????? Here are my options:

1. Split stay 1 night Pop/3 nights at Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary (Garden Wing), or Beach Club

2. 3-4 nights Pop (Preferred Room, Pool View)

3. 3-4 nights AoA

4. 3-4 nights POFQ

5. 3-4 nights Wilderness Lodge

6. 3-4 nights Contemporary (Garden Wing)

Choices, choices, choices...????????????

PS My daughter, Ashley said she will fight me if I stay at the Contemporary(It has QUICKLY become her favorite resort since staying there in June).:rotfl2::rotfl2:

PSS The Beach Club is the only resort listed that I haven't stay at.

OMG so many good choices! I vote Beach Club because we have so many events in the area and after our trek around the world, it'll be hard to pass up a short walk back to the resort vs dealing with the buses.

We've already got a trip in March and a trip in October, we'll have to pass on May. We have a few places besides Disney that we would like to visit. :laughing:

Plus I have two weekends in March and April out at the VGC as well.

I know...so many places I want to go to as well. Epcot will have to satisfy my international desires next year, although I do have a big trip to Australia this November. It is our 10th anniversary, and also my cousin's wedding will be there, so might as well celebrate down under! Next year will be mostly Disney, plus the cruise to Alaska and I'm thinking I'll have to do a trip to Hawaii too!

This is going to be such a fun (EPIC) trip report! I've read most of everyone's previous and current reports, although I don't comment much. Can't wait to hear all about everyone's plans!

Thank you! I hope it will be epic, otherwise, it'll be the most epic letdown...:rotfl:
Thank you for reading! :hug:

Have to plant the seed in DH's mind...but I am thinking I may have Dd go ahead and get me a 5day Hopper before her CM discount is gone...
So we can bring someone along? thinking my oldest DD (she turns 21 in October) may be wanting to go (she has a ton of friends there and wouldn't likely hang out with us much anyway)...

@KathyM2 and @chunkymonkey - I cannot get pictures to upload at all right now of our meets!

Yes! Get the hopper before her discount expires! I think it just makes the most financial sense, LOL.
Absolutely! Bring her along. Cinderkelly's daughter Devin will also be newly minted 21 on that trip. I am not sure they want to hang with us ladies but maybe they will find us funny as we drink around the world, LOL. :drinking::drinking::drinking:

Ooh you're gonna be part of the FQ crew! It's so tempted to stay there. Need my beignet fix!
Yay for lots of vacation!!
I've been with my company 10 years next year and I get a bonus week of vacation next year!! It's seriously the only goal I've been working towards, LOL.

WOW!!! I've read (lurked) so many of these ladies trip/dining reports that I may have to crash your party and meet you all!

Yes you totally should!! You are most welcome to walk around Epcot and eat and drink with us.

I voted for drinks at AKL because I love that resort and could see you guys ending up by either of the firepits with drinks in hand, but I had hoped to cast two votes.

Hey we'd be open to just about anything at this time!!! Still early and we just have some loose plans at the moment, although the Monorail Bar Crawl seems to be the most popular...

My other would be the Illuminations dessert party. The current party would be so much fun for you guys since there's an after hours ride on Frozen. I wonder how many of you could fit in one boat? It would make for a great photo op! I think the tables seat 4 or 5, so you might be broken into smaller groups but hopefully close together. A photopass photographer is usually at the party and I bet would be willing to do a group shot.

I really want to do that! I was looking for dates in Sept but it is not being offered yet. I think they get released only a month or two before...it sucks though as I really want to plan my evening around this and it's annoying how they won't release (unless they cancel it starting in Sept)

Unfortunately, there's a rumor going around that Illuminations is not long for this world, so it might be gone by the time you travel. Nothing at all official, so who knows. If so, though, I wonder what this means for the current party? Changed? Staying the same but with a different fireworks show? I really hope they keep it Frozen themed so the after hours ride continues to make sense. It's currently a fantastic party - my favorite of the three we've tried.

Yeah that is what I heard. BOO. But times-a-changing I guess :sad:

This sounds like so much FUN! I can't wait to hear more about it! And if I win that lottery, I will join you all! And maybe will claim this red color...just because everyone was claiming a color...and I need to fit in, lol!

YES LYNN COME JOIN US!!!!!
Hope you bought that lottery ticket...

Ok, first of all - great title! Totally drew me right into it.:banana:
Second, this is such an awesome idea. I've been a part of a Girls Only Disneyland Trip group for the past 10 years :eek::eek::eek: It started off just like this and went from a group of 20-30 to almost 100 ladies getting together once a year. I've always wanted to do something like this for WDW because it sounds like so much fun.

Oh wow that is amazing! What sort of stuff do you guys do at DLR?
You'll need to help out the east coast chapter as this is our inaugural girls trip and we've never done one before! :) I hope we know what we're getting ourselves into!

@chunkymonkey I love all your TRs so happy to see you posting!

Aww thank you so much, really means a lot. :hug:

I'm going to WDW in January 2019 but this is so enticing, maybe a bounce back for a meet up?:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin

Excited to follow along!

YES Come on down if you can!

Hmmm I wonder if I can sneak a 1 or 2 day trip in. Never been by myself before, and finals week will be the week before........ Wonder how dead I would be when I told DH, DS, and DD I was going without them. Oh so very tempting.

It's a good way to celebrate the end of finals! And it's a girls weekend anyways, so they wouldn't see you anyways even if they did go...LOL.

No way man, I dealt with all my #transportationfails in March and I am NOT up for another fail of any kind! It's HAPPENING!

Yes, it is happening, we will make it Epic even if it's just you and me Ariane!

@chunkymonkey I'll get my DISMeet pics posted asap, once tomorrow is over I'll be a little less stressed and more into the boards again :) Love the idea of showing them though!

:thumbsup2
Is Ricky's surgery today? Good luck Ricky and hope for a speedy but solid recovery!

Woah! Just discovering this! All of my favorite DISers in one place ... and I'm already planning to be there too???
Yeah, I'm going to be stalking this ...

:) Thanks for joining! We will share out preliminary plans shortly!

I'm here! And now to catch-up... somehow already 5 pages behind :laughing: This really will be epic :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Tracy! Where have you been!
HAha it's 5 pages of mostly just banter now, but I'm so happy this trip is finally happening!!

I need to catch up on your pre-trippie to get up to speed on who will be joining you on the trip. I just voted on your poll. What about going up to the DVC lounge at BLT to watch fireworks? Do you have enough owners to take all the gals up?

Hi Dee! Thanks for voting!
I was wondering about that, but we may have a pretty large group. I'm not sure if they will turn us away if the lounge is already crowded?
There are quite a few of us with DVC, but some of them were via resale, although they say they have the blue colored card which is the card I have, and that's the card I used to get into the Epcot lounge with no problem. So I don't think Top of the World would be an issue unless they will deny us due to space constraints. I checked their rules out once and it said members can bring in guests who are "staying with them". But a friend of mine brought us up with no issues and we definitely weren't on the same reservation!

OK, I'm all booked!!!!!!!!! There's no turning back...8-)

Dates: May 2-6

Resorts: May 2-3 Art of Animation (Little Mermaid Room) I was unable to book Pop (Preferred, Pool View). Only standard rooms were available and I wanted the beautiful view @chunkymonkey just had...
May 3-6 Wilderness Lodge (Courtyard View)

Tickets: 3 Day Hopper

My husband, Joe will be joining me on this little adventure, but he will be doing his own thing while I'm with the gals...:love: We will be spending time in St. Pete before and after Disney...

I'm so excited!!!! :yay:

I wanted to seal this all inspiring, earth shattering color of gray for my contributions to this PTR:rotfl:

I looked at flights for 5/1-5/7 and much better priced then the shorter trip I originally was planning. I am tentatively planning those above dates and resort is still a mystery at this point. I may do a tour since I will be on my own.

If anyone else wants to do one we could plan this as well. I would say I am 90% sure of my travel plans at this time, yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter