The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review - (A personal favorite)

kcb1dizbksfan

Mouseketeer
I have not posted in a while and my original posting this afternoon did not reflect my historical postings so I had my post deleted while my account was updated. But now I am back again and so is the HDD posting from this afternoon.

After hearing one of the "Best and Worst' episodes, it prompted me to come out of my posting hiatus and show images of the 7/3/17 HDD show. This show for me is personally very special for a number of reasons. It always officially starts my vacation. I guess I earned the distinction as being a regular there at this point . . . they usually work me in the show somehow with my photography. I do miss seeing Pat Terry, Jr. the banjoist and entertainer, who apparently retired.

I had an accident with my camera the second day of my vacation which resulted in my rig falling onto the hard cement before I entered the park, which resulted in the power switch circuit and the battery grip being damaged . . . the camera would not turn on. My photography in the parks is what I do when I am at Disney, so I was without my camera for the majority of my vacation.

A bright spot of my vacation was seeing Pete, who I bumped into on the Boardwalk on July 5 as I was heading to the flying fish for an early dinner.

So I am heading to Aulani on Monday for a 10 hour direct flight from JFK and have an ocean view room booked. I am only staying for 5 nites, but I am celebrating an age milestone . . . its an ugly one, but its a good excuse for me to achieve a bucket-list destination. Really looking forward to this trip and will be taking a tour on the North Shore, a bamboo forest with an Adventures by Disney guide, a Luau and of course Pearl Harbor. It will be a once in a life-time trip and so I have my camera back in working order now and will be sure to post my trip's review with photos upon my return.

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-47 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-45 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-43 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-40 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-39 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-38 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-37 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-35 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-33 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-27 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-19 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-18 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-15 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-14 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-11 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-10 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-8 by DRNYKCB

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review-5 by DRNYKCB

Last edited:
Love HDD! Thanks for posting the pictures.

@kcb1dizbksfan - Wishing you the happiest and healthiest of birthdays, no matter WHAT the number is! As long as you're happy healthy, and remain a kid at heart, it's all good! Also - please have magical times on your Aulani trip - now that's the way to CELEBRATE, I LIKE your style!!

Very weird - this message was originally posted under another name the other day, I replied to it, and now both the original message, and my reply, are gone. Very strange. It also takes quite some time for the photos to load. Oh well. Wishes are still current! :)

Was not aware of HDD until I started to watch the DIS Unplugged on YouTube so we have now added it as one of the "things that must be done" on our trip next year. I really enjoy watching all the stuff that comes out of the DU and Dreams stable - except for the Universal Studios content which holds no interest at all for me now after a disappointing 2 day visit there last year. From now on we will be spending all of our time at WDW and not wasting it by going off property. :smickey:

Pics are awesome! Makes me laugh thinking about the points in the show when some of them were taken. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!