The Gulf State Park Tradition...

Which week seems to work best in 2025?

• May 23rd to May 29th (Memorial day weekend and following week)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • May 30th to June 5th

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • June 6th to June 12th

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • June 13th to June 19th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • June 20th to June 26

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • June 27th to July 3rd

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh forgot to add ....

@Teamubr, reservations made to folks 62yo and over get a 15% discount.

You might want to put that on your long-term calendar ..... :rolleyes: Just sayin'.
I HAVE to find a foil on the other side of the equation although I think I'm still older than him ("him" being @Teamubr).
You know I'll be saving that 15%. I'm going to use Donna's birthday though. She's older than me. :yay:

And, Ed, we have had this conversation before. Did you graduate from high school in the 70's? Didn't think so, youngster. :)

j

I'm wondering if you can book for the 14 days to make sure you get the second week where you want and then drop the 1st week?

I'm thinking about doing 2 weeks at GSP anyway, but I am doing a Mediterranean cruise next year in September and that will take up 2 weeks or so. Donna only gets so much time off.

j

I'm wondering if you can book for the 14 days to make sure you get the second week where you want and then drop the 1st week?

I'm thinking about doing 2 weeks at GSP anyway, but I am doing a Mediterranean cruise next year in September and that will take up 2 weeks or so. Donna only gets so much time off.

j
Not sure Jim. I have a trip there coming up in May where I have 2 sites booked and changed one of them and they let me, but I do know if you want to alter a booking you can't do it online. You have to call them.

Also be aware of price hikes at GSP.

Live Oak Road campsites along the lake (and across) are about $66/night (about $56/night on Sumac which is next road back behind the water). Oh and add 30% :earseek: for various taxes/fees (city, county, sales, resort, reservation).

Now that $66 rate goes to $85.

Just setting expectations.

ED
That is true on pricing differences. I just changed my upcoming trip. I'm on Canal in 493 for 4 nights then was going to have to move to 120 but site 484 opened up on canal and I moved to it and it was more.

And, Ed, we have had this conversation before. Did you graduate from high school in the 70's? Didn't think so, youngster. :)

j

Jim,

"THEY" say memory is the 2nd thing to go .....

Old Guy Ed

PS - "and I can't remember what the 1st thing is".

giphy.gif

I think you can.

You will have to pay in full initially and then call to drop the front nights but as I did for this trip coming up soon, you can modify the reservation over the phone and get a refund.

ED

Great news for anyone coming in and has avoided the Foley Beach Express toll bridge.

As of 5/30/2024, no more toll.

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/major-announcement-expected-on-orange-beach-express-toll-bridge

j

I always come down the Baldwin/Foley Beach Express Highways from I-10 and avoid the toll bridge by driving over to Highway 59 via County Road 4/Cotton Creek Dr. as mentioned in the link above. But my destination is Gulf Shores anyway and the avoiders they are referring to in the link are guests headed to Orange Beach.

I noticed when I drove in on CR4 on Monday that the construction for the bridge intersection was underway with grading equipment active again. Today I drove along Canal Road and the elevated piling around the Intercoastal Canal are in place on the north side and the planned traffic circle intersection with Canal Road was just recently started, it appears, on the south side.

This is the pic of the new bridge with Canal Road.

YAYSBT7NENA2XPX3IVWAXUYCGU.JPG

The approach from the north will be on the right side of the pic. The Gulf is on the left. This bridge, as the article says, will be 1 mile west of the existing toll bridge.

I like the idea that the new bridge, when completed, will handle south bound traffic only and the existing bridge will handle north bound traffic only.

You can see the approach of the bridge under construction in the Google Maps satellite view just east of the airport.

1713485735176.png

It will also eventually be extended north of CR4 to connect to the Foley Beach Express just south of the service station that is between the north bound and south bound travel lanes a short distance up.

So yep, no tolls soon and then traffic will split once the new bridge is finished.

Bama Ed

PS - the estimated bridge completion date currently is Spring 2026

Last edited:
I always took Roscoe road just before the toll bridge and bypassed it. This is good to know.

Appreciate that Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter