the great footwear question!

disneydebi

Mouseketeer
okay, I know this has come up before... but here goes...

I'm looking for comfortable footwear for WDW. I have a good pair of sneakers (new balance), but I was considering buying a good pair of walking sandals, since it's so hot in July, sneakers/socks can get very hot.

I'm not really a sandal person. I've never really found them comfortable enough to wear except just to kick around on the beach... so I'm looking for something super comfy that definitely wont give my tender tootsies blisters. I have a somewhat hard to find size (10-10.5 narrow women's).

Any thoughts or suggestions.

You first have to know that I have a shoe problem. I really like to buy them so I have quite a few pairs. On my trips, I generally bring at least 4 different pairs of shoes plus the pair I wear on the plane.

I have a pair of trusty leather Nike sandals that have made 3 trips to WDW in as many years. Those things are so comfortable since they have molded to my feet! Personally, I have to have a back on my sandals to prevent slipping. I also bought a pair of Clarks that look almost the same that are quite comfortable. Maybe I will be able to break those in before I go again!

I have a pair of Tevas that I used for 2 years that I recently replaced with a pair of Nike water sandals. I liked the Tevas, but when they got old, the cushioning wore out so they were rather hard and not very comfortable to wear anymore.

I also find that if you rotate your shoes and not wear the same pair 2 days in a row, you help your feet out a lot! Watch the straps and how they rub against your feet. If you wear them for a full day before going to the parks, you will be able to tell if the sandals will give you a blister or not. If you are starting to see a blister form, definitely find another pair of shoes to wear in the parks!

There was another thread about this very same thing a couple of weeks ago. At the advise of some of those who posted to it, I went out and bought a pair of Nike Straprunners. I have only had them since Saturday but I have been wearing them everyday. I want to make sure that they are well broken in for our up-coming trip. So far they have been very comfortable and haven't started any sore spots. They are also moderately priced. I paid $35.99+tax. I also looked at the Teva's but they were twice that or more. I just couldn't spend that much for a pair of shoes that will probably be mainly for my Disney trips.

I've been on a three year hunt for the perfect sandal and bought several pairs (actually, about 5 now) that have ended up in the Goodwill box. Of course, everyone's feet are different, but my main problem with sandals tends to be that the sole is just too hard. The two sandals I've found that are quite comfy and good for all-day wear are: (1) the Receptor by Ecco and (2) a pair by Rockport but I don't have the style name. Neither are particularly dainty, but a little toe nail polish will go a long way on that front :)

I bought a pair of Tevas at everyone's recommendation, but they were just too hard on my feet.

I have a very wide foot and bought both of the above pairs in wide. I don't know if they come in narrow or not, but all straps are adjustable on both of those sandals, so a good fit is easy to accomplish.

DH and I both have Nike Straprunners that we find very comfortable. We like the fact that we can get them wet (water rides) and they are still comfortable. I have worn them with and without socks and find them comfortable either way. There have been some people in the past that have said they find the pattern on the sole to be bothersome to them, but I haven't had a problem with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter