The Great Escape of Huckleberry and Tom. PTR – Jan. 2011 - Updated . ADR needed 08/26

Huck Sawyer

Mouseketeer
The Great Escape of Huckleberry and Tom. PTR – Jan. 2011

Hello, Let me introduce myself as this is my first time writing a TR. My name is Amy I’m 30 years old and having been following the dis boards and TR’s for well over a year. I recently had my first baby and was on bed rest for almost 7 months of my pregnancy. TR’s were one of the only things that got me through the very long days. When we started talking about a trip to WDW I thought I must come out of hiding and join the fun of all the fellow Reports. :banana:

I have always been a huge Disney fan and have been on many trip over my lifetime. I even went to architecture and design school to get my degree in hopes of one day working there as a designer. But as fate has it I met the man of my dreams and we have started a family so being a residential interior designer is much easy.

The cast members are::rockband:

Me of course…. ::MinnieMo

U2004.jpg

DH Mike (36) :tigger: is not so much of a Disney fan, he deals with my day in and day out planning and talking about past trips. He is a very thoughtful and brave man for dealing with my wdw addiction. Mike works as a pharmacist and has very little time off. This trip we are planning is the trip owed to me from this year. But more of those details will follow just keep reading.

448.jpg

DS(2 ½ months) Matthew we call him Matty :goofy: , is our newest addition to our little family. He will be 8 months when we hit the road for this trip. He is a funny duck, a total ham. I can’t wait to share many memories with this little dude as well as lots of trips to Disney.

Matty 6 weeks photos
matty5.jpg

more of my little man @ 6 weeks
matty11.jpg

We also have 2 furbabies , :dogdance: :dogdance: Sophie and Oswald who will not be joining us on our adventure; they will be staying with Grandma Joan. Both are sprockers, springer cocker crosses. They a loveable, wired, crazy hair balls.
oswald
DSC03894.jpg

sophie( she is a Diva with attitude!!!)
DSC00036.jpg

Grandma Joan, my wonderful beautiful mommy, she will pop up a lot in this PTR
DSCN0157.jpg

LET THE FUN AND PLANNING BEGIN!!!!! party:

First things first…. why this trip? and why the name title?

Why this trip, we went to WDW for our honeymoon and loved it we had a blast together and vowed we would return as much and soon as possible. When I first went on bed rest during my pregnancy I was only 8 ½ weeks along the days were super long and I found relief in the TRs and board. DH used a WDW and staying at the Poly to get me through each day. If you have seen a few posts in the last couple of weeks we were looking at going in September for 5 days, but that trip has been put on hold and gotten bigger. Mike has been promoted and we are waiting on the final details to be announced from head office, I will be able to fill you all in once I’m allow to spill the beans. So Mike owes me a this trip. :lmao:

Why the title? this one is pretty easy for us. My maiden name is Finn and my married last name is Sawyer. We get called Huck and Tom all the time, and it only seemed fitting since this is our great escape to enjoy our first adventure as a new family.

more pictures of us.

DSCN0178.jpg

mm33.jpg

DSC03948.jpg

well I'm wide awake, baby is sleeping and I'm not feeling like cleaning at all so I will just keep posting away on this PTR.

This is the tentative plan, Road trip it! Leave Windsor Ontario, Jan 24 or 25, Stay over night in Kentucky or Georgia, and hit WDW on the 26th. for 7 to 14 days.

Here is where I start the great debate.

7 or 14 days all at Disney????

or

Disney Cruise and stay at Disney for some time as well????

or

split stay between Disney and Fort Meyers Beach.

fun photo of Matty, I love taking pics of him so this PTR will be full of them

IMG_7488.jpg

Going shopping over the border in detroit today. Hoping to hit the disney store and stock up on baby clothes for Matty. they always have amazing deals at the outlet I go to so hopefully I can get clothes that will be prefect for our trip.

I will update again later tonight with pictures of my great deals, and I think it's time to drag out the blast from the past pictures of WDW gone by.

Back from my shopping trip at great lakes crossing in MI, wow what great deals at the disney store. I bought Matty sleepers and stuffed pooh characters every was under 4.99 for each thing. SO COOL.... I will post pictures of the buys later.

Shopping today got me super excited about our trip coming up. I think I will be sitting down and drawing up our game plan tonight, instead of watching the bachelorette, Who will Allie pick? I think no one. but we will see.

Dining Reservations Started :cool1:

We picked the week that we are heading to WDW, we will leave windsor by Car on Jan 22nd stay over night along the way and hit WDW by Sunday mid day. We have not picked out which resort, I'm hoping for Poly.

I figured since I have the dates and we are under 180days out I would book our must do's ADR's.

So far I have booked

Crystal Palace Monday Jan 24th at 8:25

Cali Grill Monday night for wishes at 7:30

Tusker Thursday Jan 27 at 8:30am

Kona friday at 9:25am

Loved booking online so much easier than last year on the phone and waiting forever for an CM to answer.

still to be added are Teppan Edo, chef de france (Mike loves the lobster bisque soup)

I'm in debate over Boma or another resort restaurant? any suggestions???

little side note: if anyone is wondering how we will far with matty at a restaurant, this little guy is well traveled already, I vowed when I got off of bed rest I was not spending my days locked in my house. so we are on the move all the time and he has visited number of restaurants. He seems to win all the waitresses over by batting his big blue eyes at them. Ladies man already.

As promised my purchases from yesterday. got to love the disney outlet.

Oswald wanted in the picture. :rotfl:
DSC04124.jpg

I use these bags for everything and was so happy that the disney store had them for sale. I got the new Mickey bag just released.
DSC04122.jpg

Wow what a long night, we put matty down around 11pm for what we thought was the last time. He is a great sleeper. I booked our ADR's and then went off to bed. I just curled up in bed when the monitor went off and low and behold our mister man was wide awake. We tired to get him back to sleep with no luck. Mike is walking the halls right now after almost 12 hours.

I told Mike maybe Matty is so excited for our trip and that I booked our Adr's he can't sleep. Wow if you could have saw the eye roll, I thought they would fall out of his head. :lmao::lmao:

Pictures of trips of the past coming up, I will work on that update once we finally have matty down for a nap.

Well drum roll please.........

We have picked our resort.......

animalkingdom.png

BUT there is a huge BUT if we get a good PIN in the for christmas we are going to switch to POLY, keep your fingers crossed for a good pin. But I'm over the moon even to stay at AKL. We have never been there before so it's so exciting.

:wave: Great shopping trip. I am so upset that my Disney store closed. We had a major flood last March and the local mall flooded out, so Disney decided not to return :sad:

But you are going to love AKL. :lovestruc That is our favorite resort.

And congrats on your adorable baby. He is so cute. I know how it feels to be on bedrest (though not as long as you). I was in the hospital for six weeks for DD just watching TV.:happytv: There was no computer access but thank God for cable.:rotfl:

:wave: Great shopping trip. I am so upset that my Disney store closed. We had a major flood last March and the local mall flooded out, so Disney decided not to return :sad:

But you are going to love AKL. :lovestruc That is our favorite resort.

And congrats on your adorable baby. He is so cute. I know how it feels to be on bedrest (though not as long as you). I was in the hospital for six weeks for DD just watching TV.:happytv: There was no computer access but thank God for cable.:rotfl:

Yes bed rest is no fun, I think I would have lost my mind if I didn't have my laptop attach to me. We drive over to Michigan from ontario to go shopping because of the dollar. They closed a number of the disney stores around the detriot area recently leaving just one at Great lakes crossing, but it's worth the hour drive.

I was nervous about booking AKL, because I have heard that it's a long trek to MK and the other parks. But it looks so amazing.

We had a car when we stayed there, but nothing is that far at Disney. If that is your only concerned I wouldn't worry about that. I am not sure why people are always posting that concern.

But you are going to love AKL. It is our favorite resort.:lovestruc

We had a car when we stayed there, but nothing is that far at Disney. If that is your only concerned I wouldn't worry about that. I am not sure why people are always posting that concern.

But you are going to love AKL. It is our favorite resort.:lovestruc

We will have our car also, I have always wondered why people stress over the buses and travel time. I guess I'm not that type of person, we set our ADRs and then whatever bus arrives first is the bus we get on. We let fate and magic take over our trip and just enjoy.

Free Dining is stressing me out, well kind of. :rotfl: I have to find 2 more TS locations. so far we have crystal Palace, cali grill (oop), chef de france (oop), via napoli, Boma, tuskers leaves me 2 more to use. I have yet to book anything on friday. We did have kona booked but Mike looked at the menu and didn't want to go there. bummer

HELP!!!! any suggestions :confused3:confused3:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter