The first trip of a lifetime trip report - day 8

jothp

Going to wash my car in honour of the mouse.
Day 8 Wednesday 19th August - Animal Kingdom

Another early one this morning ready for EMH at AK. We arrived at the turnstiles about 7.25 and the park opened about 7.45. We headed straight towards the safari with a minor mishap when Hattie stopped to look at one of the creatures CMs had in boxes along the route. Luckily I just saw her stop out of the corner of my eye and stopped with her. Olie and the other two had carried on though and had to phone to find out where I was. I was just glad we avoided a lost child incident. :scared1:

We were on and off the safari by 8.25 and across the park and into the queue for everest by 8.35. I was feeling chicken this morning so Olie took the girls.

The queue said 20 minutes but they were on and off in 15 by 8.50. We wandered back to Kali and got in the queue which was much longer than it said and we weren't off until 9.40. I didn't get too wet but poor Hattie was absolutely drenched to the skin! :boat: From Kali we wandered to dinoland and did triceratop spin and dinosaur.

We were all hungry by now and wanted a snack. I had been eyeing up an ice cream cookie sandwich from dino bites snacks but it was shut. From here we lost our way slightly just aimlessly wandering trying to find somewhere open to get a decent snack. We didn't have much luck and ended up just getting in the queue to meet Pocahontas. The queue didn't look too long but took a while some of it in full sun. Pocahontas was lovely and spent a while chatting with everyone. :goodvibes

By the time we had met her we needed food and even though it was not even 11.30 we grabbed lunch at flame tree BBQ.

By the time we had eaten lunch we had missed the 11.45 flights of wonder show that we had planned for this morning so we did a couple more character meets instead.

After meeting Daisy we were all feeling the heat so we headed out of the park and back to OKW where we all slept for 3 1/2 hours until about 5pm. We were due to head out to Epcot this evening but we knew we wouldn't enjoy it so instead we cancelled out FP+ and made a dinner reservation at Olivias for 7.30. We had a splash in the main OKW pool where Hattie won a game of bingo before getting dry and having a fantastic dinner. The girls absolutely loved the bread they served there. :goodvibes We went back to our room and had a much needed early night.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter