The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

They are very tight.. we did them once.. and the next time I knew I wouldn't fit so we did a picnic table in the back.
Hi, I heard there were picnic tables and am worried my brother won't be able to get his leg over the bench (hip issues). Does anyone know if you can request only the table and not the bench? (cars are out of the picture)

Hi, I heard there were picnic tables and am worried my brother won't be able to get his leg over the bench (hip issues). Does anyone know if you can request only the table and not the bench? (cars are out of the picture)

I don't believe it was a standard picnic table (rectangular with bench seating). I seem to remember that they were round tables with an umbrella and individual seats.

The question of seating options at Sci-Fi has come up a couple times before, so I pulled some pictures together to show examples.

First one shows standard seating - in "cars" with multiple rows all facing one direction (3 rows per car), seating 2 people per row. From Disney Food Blog:

mkvmns.jpg

Picnic table version 1 - four individual attached bench seats. These tables are all in the back of the seating area. From WDW Magic:

35mgxs7.jpg

Picnic table version 2 - two attached benches plus an unattached chair. I assume these are all in the back of the seating area as well. From Disney Food Blog:

voli1i.jpg

"Hybrid" - car front and back separated with 2 actual tables inserted between. Regular unattached chairs. From WDW Magic:

15pg409.jpg

It's been ages since I've eaten at Sci-Fi, so I can't confirm which version(s) of the picnic table configurations are currently in use. More pictures can be found on the Official WDW Sci-Fi restaurant site (click on View Gallery), but there's no way to tell how current they are.

I'm plus size and going with my tall but skinny h and tall 6 year old soon. What rides at MK can I feel confident riding with my dd and which ones should I make sure H rides with her and I ride alone? My main concern is I don't want a shared restraint to not protect her bc I can't push it down enough bc of my weight. TIA!

Last edited:

I'm pooh sized and going with my tall but skinny h and tall 6 year old soon. What rides at MK can I feel confident riding with my dd and which ones should I make sure H rides with her and I ride alone? My main concern is I don't want a shared restraint to not protect her bc I can't push it down enough bc of my weight. TIA!
The one ride that I'm thinking off the top of my head that you should ride by yourself is Big Thunder. That one has a shared lap bar.

I'm pooh sized and going with my tall but skinny h and tall 6 year old soon. What rides at MK can I feel confident riding with my dd and which ones should I make sure H rides with her and I ride alone? My main concern is I don't want a shared restraint to not protect her bc I can't push it down enough bc of my weight. TIA!

I'll second the Big Thunder mountain concern. I rode with my then 8 year old, and I hung on to her tight because the shared lap bar did NOTHING for her!!! :)

I am so nervous about the FOP. i am 5'8 and almost 300 lbs. I am super nervous. I appreciate reading how everyone has been doing with it.
I am 5'9 and 320... I tried the demo seat... it wouldn't latch because my stomach lol Girl said I am close so she would work with me, but I am NOT waiting in that line just to have a person up front say something different than girl at beginning.

Okay, went to the gym for my first appointment in a weight loss program, and I'm sad to say that I weigh more than I did on my last trip to Disney. I leave in early March for my trip, and I doubt I'll get back down to the (still large) size I was last time.

The one ride I'm really worried about is the Haunted Mansion. On my last trip it was a squeeze, and the bar actually locked and wouldn't come back up when it was time for me to get off! Even though I was joking about how the ghosts didn't want to let me leave, I was mortified. The Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride, and the thought of a trip without riding it just... it just depresses me. I can live without FOP or 7DMT or those guys. I just really, really want to ride in the Mansion.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to make the Doom Buggies less likely to lock up?

One thing to try is to cross your hands over your stomach so the bar will come down a little less than before. It should keep the bar from locking up too tight on you.

Edited to add: The bar locks in place regardless of your size. I've found sometimes if I move to sit up straighter in the vehicle the bar will lock in tighter (so I've learned to not do that again lol). The bar should automatically release at the end of the ride, but there's time for the CM to deal with it if it doesn't unlock.

I would like to thank the OP for coming up with this thread!

I have a comment about bags. I carry a vera bradley mini hipster. I am very pooh sized size 26-28 plus, and it still comes down to my hip, or just right at it. They are not very big, only room for my change purse and check book and a couple other small items, but that is all I like to carry around anyway! Just thought I would share! :goodvibes

Agree! This is my go-to Dis bag unless I just use a Buddy Pouch.

Ok so now I'm worried about Haunted Mansion and I wasn't before. It's the ride I'm looking forward to most. I thought everyone, even at sizes 26,28,30 (300, 350, 400 lbs) were fitting but now it sounds like no?

Hey everyone! I'm sorry to sound like a broken record but I can't seem to find any answers that are closer to my weight and height worries for the rides at Disneyland and DCA.

My brother and I are going next week (super excited!!) But he's 5'5" and weighs 300 lbs, will he be okay fitting on the rides with lap belts? He carries a lot of his weight in his belly which hangs down and out quite a bit. Luckily it's not really noticeable with cargo shorts or sweat pants, but he would be mortified if he attempted to get on a ride (such as Space Mountain, Radiator Springs Racers, Soarin') that had the yellow lap band and couldn't extend all the way. His pants size is 56 inches.

Thanks in advance!

Ok so now I'm worried about Haunted Mansion and I wasn't before. It's the ride I'm looking forward to most. I thought everyone, even at sizes 26,28,30 (300, 350, 400 lbs) were fitting but now it sounds like no?
The times I have rode the HM, I have seen all different sized people. There is no belts, just a lap bar.

I went last week. I had no problems fitting in HM. I'm currently @ 325lbs and 5'8", if that helps allay some fear. The only ride that I went on and had difficulties was 7DMT and that is only because of how it squeezes my knees together.

Hi! Any tips on bathing suits for someone 5'7 and around 280 on my best day. I have thighs that I want to hide the tops of and a fat belly I don't want to look bad. Any suggestions are great.

So currently at Animal Kingdom I'm 5'9" 319 Khali River Rapids I was fine Everest I was fine, Dinorama I was fine. I'm an annual pass holder and the only ride I haven't tried is FoP everything else I'm good in

Hi! Any tips on bathing suits for someone 5'7 and around 280 on my best day. I have thighs that I want to hide the tops of and a fat belly I don't want to look bad. Any suggestions are great.

Swimsuits for all has a great selection and there is almost always a sale. I like going for seperates because they even have long shorts and a variety of styles.

Another vote for Swimsuits for all. Grab your size and style you like while you can.. many times I have had to settle for a style that was so so because I waited to buy.

Swimsuits for all has a great selection and there is almost always a sale. I like going for seperates because they even have long shorts and a variety of styles.

Another vote for Swimsuits for all. Grab your size and style you like while you can.. many times I have had to settle for a style that was so so because I waited to buy.
I like the idea of separates with shorts. I'm very modest and don't want it all hanging out heh. How are the prices?

I like the idea of separates with shorts. I'm very modest and don't want it all hanging out heh. How are the prices?

There are sales all the time. The prices are pretty decent. I'm Canadian so the shipping and exchange gets me but considering a decent suit here can cost me 100 bucks or more I order a couple seperate items there usually for less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter