The Edison- anything heard lately?

I recall at one point hoping it would be open for my trip in late May (2017) - so, yeah, lots of delays :rotfl:

I think the big thing is that it is really 4 spaces in one and the plans seem to have changed a lot over time more than the construction crews (as work on this started before the refurb of Portabello I believe)
Plans for the project have changed since the original inception. The complex will now include Maria and Enzos Italian dining, The Edison, and the "underground" speakeasy. Walts was originally part of the plans but got cut/changed. The Edison is now hiring so that is a sign they will open sooner than later.

Wish it would be open in 4 weeks when we are there. Would be great to see this open and running at last

Plans for the project have changed since the original inception. The complex will now include Maria and Enzos Italian dining, The Edison, and the "underground" speakeasy. Walts was originally part of the plans but got cut/changed. The Edison is now hiring so that is a sign they will open sooner than later.
The job postings for management are immediate, and they state an anticipated November 2017 opening. :)

Maria and Enzo’s and the speakeasy are to be open for the holiday season so I’m going to drop a card in the pool and guess Edison proper by spring break time 2018

A Facebook group I follow about Disney had a member posted that opening is a few days after Christmas. For whatever that is worth.

Still no menus. It's real when one knows what the food offerings look like - not when the brickwork is done :).
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

We were looking forward to trying it next year but I read that it will not be kid friendly so we will have to pass. We don't do babysitters at Disney.

I read this weekend that the new planned opening date was January, but I'm taking the news with a grain of salt at this point. :sad2:

I read this weekend that the new planned opening date was January, but I'm taking the news with a grain of salt at this point. :sad2:
It was tweeted by the Edison that they would open New Year’s Day. However they have since deleted that tweet.

Honestly this better be a one of a kind experience for all of the time it has been pushed back. This is getting a little ridiculous.

Still waiting on ADR avail. and a menu to be public. Arrival 1/3 and we are from LA so I really want to see this 'sister' location!

Honestly this better be a one of a kind experience for all of the time it has been pushed back.

It had better be a one of a kind experience ... or else what? You'll not go back? And thus make it a one of a kind experience?

Sorry, couldn't resist a little play on your ultimatum. I've been looking forward to this place since it was first announced and am getting frustrated by the wait as well.

I would highly expect these to be opening before Christmas or maybe right after. My little birdies are being tight lipped around the exact dates but as far as the general time they seemed to be in agreement.

I would highly expect these to be opening before Christmas or maybe right after. My little birdies are being tight lipped around the exact dates but as far as the general time they seemed to be in agreement.
They have a preview event coming up this week I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter