The Dream Grand Floridian Christmas stay updated 11-26

Hi gang. :wave2:
EnljBdQQxxcx.gif

Because we know that food is a priority at Disney thought I'd post this.
Last night while playing on MDE I discovered a reservation I made at 50's Prime Time Diner was made at the right time but wrong day, Instead of Dec 1'st I made it for a whole month earlier for Nov 1. LOL I must have not noticed that calendar was still on Nov not Dec. So glad I caught that fupa in time. I was pleasently surprised that I was able to make one for our date and close to the same time.

While on MDE I ended up adding a few more ADR's one for Citrico's after our sleigh ride. I also reserved Kona Cafe for dinner one night, got a 5pm time slot that never happens. Not certain that we'll keep these ressy's but I have them in case. I'm considering cancelling Citrico's and hitting up Territory Lounge after the sleigh ride. I'm hoping @ariane37 might have a review since she recently stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. Ariana your review of Narccoossee's has me so glad we have an ADR there our last night. Sounds like a great relaxing way to end a vacay.

On another news front I have several family members that live in FL. fortunately the worst damage any had from Irma was a cousin in New Symrna Beach has yard flooding but not the house. Thank Goodness. Anyways I contacted my family on the East and West coast and notified them of our plans to be in the area and see if any can come visit for a day. My step brother and family in the Tampa area came for a visit the last time we were at AKL and we had a great time. It appears that tentatively they will be able to come over but days are uncertain. So hoping things can work out that they can all visit. I've got our schedule so that any day can be modified to accommodate new plans. That is except Tues nt of MVMCP.

That's all for now see ya around the boards, while I'm dreaming about one of these :mickeybar

one for Citrico's after our sleigh ride

I really want to try Citricos sometime. We did the sleigh ride last year and it was so much fun!

hitting up Territory Lounge after the sleigh ride

They have the BEST burger there!

I'm hoping @ariane37 might have a review since she recently stayed at the Wilderness Lodge.

We recently went and I have a review for it in my May dining report. I had the gourmet burger and fries which were amazing!

I'm hoping @ariane37 might have a review since she recently stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. Ariana your review of Narccoossee's has me so glad we have an ADR there our last night. Sounds like a great relaxing way to end a vacay.
Yay, glad you're going to Narcoossee's! You know I love Citricos too, we're going back there in Nov. and I can't wait :goodvibes
Unfortunately we didn't get to Territory Lounge last month with the kids, but we've eaten there twice: August last year and this past March. LOVED it both times. Like @Raeven we had the gourmet burger as well as drinks and a couple other things, all delicous. Plus we love the atmosphere! You really can't go wrong anywhere you're planning to eat lol.

We recently went and I have a review for it in my May dining report. I had the gourmet burger and fries which were amazing!
Now I gotta go read that.

Unfortunately we didn't get to Territory Lounge last month with the kids, but we've eaten there twice: August last year and this past March. LOVED it both times. Like @Raeven we had the gourmet burger as well as drinks and a couple other things, all delicous. Plus we love the atmosphere! You really can't go wrong anywhere you're planning to eat lol.

Thanks for the advice I think between the two of ya I'm leaning towards TL instead of Citrico's as it's cheaper plus we don't have to hussle back to GF and we'll be able to enjoy the atmosphere at WL.

giphy.gif

Hi friends

Yay so excited today was my FP day. I was able to get FOP fp's at day 66 & 67. So no rope drop running to the ride for me woowho, as we are not early risers. An extra benefit is Since Mark won't be riding FOP (motion sickness) I'll get 4 different rides. Fingers crossed. We will be at AK 3 different days.

Other FP's I got that are a first for me/us
Navi River
EE
ROL
Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl
It's Tough to be a bug
Star Tours
Toy Story Mania

Plus I got FP's for 7DMT on 2 different days.....so 4 rides there also. Plus what I can squeeze in at MVMCP.

Also happy that these FP's allow me to keep any ADR's we had.

Now about the only change I feel compelled to make is to move our Sleigh Ride back a little later than 5:30. I guess I should be contacting DSS about that sooner than later.

Until next time tootaloo.:wave2:

Yay finally got a new computer so now can practice how to download pics since I'm not paying photobuckets outrageous prices. Seems like I may have figured it out.

Just a photo from our boat
[GALLERY=[url=[URL]https://postimages.org/[/URL]]
IMG_20171020_191804819_HDR.jpg
[/url]][/GALLERY]

Happy Thanksgiving all.

So many things to update you with.

Since I last posted on this thread I've had 2 different surgeries on my legs to remove terrible Vericose veins. Both surgeries went fine and I am healing well even if they are still a little ache. I'm hoping it might not be too hot and I can wear jeans instead of shorts. Still some bruising and several sores on the legs. Part of the surgery insurance paid for but the actual removal of the veins is considered cosmetic so I ended up having to pay $1800 out of pocket yikes. Add to that I had to get a new computer since my last one was so old it had windows Vista (operating system) on it. Even if we upgraded to Windows 7 then Windows 10 (must do in that order) there was no guarantee that many sites would work on that computer. So instead of waiting until mid January we had to replace the computer now. We also had to buy 2 new tires for the car. With all these added expenses' we had to cut a day off of our trip.
raw

Sad news I know.

This changes several things. I have cancelled our Narcoossee ADR and our Sleigh Ride at FW. Though we still plan to head over to WL that night to check out the resort in it's glorious Christmas décor and have a few cocktails and appy's.

We will also be leaving the Disney bubble to head to Titusville on the Space coast to meet several of my cousins and an elderly aunt for lunch on Sat Dec 2'nd. Not thrilled to be away from Disney that long but excited to see this part of the family too many years w/o a visit.

I'll be back with some updates with pictures I'd like to share in the next day or 2. TTFN

I purchased several tops and jackets from the shop Disney app over a month ago. All of these were on sale and I couldn't not get them. LOL. I'm hoping I'll get to wear them as the weather is looking like it might be a touch too warm for these. Hopefully though I can wear some at night once it cools down .
IMG_20171125_144429555.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this in Su-Lynn's @chunkymonkey TR and had to have it. It was an early birthday present from my mom. It is a Pearl Cage necklace and is perfect for holding a pearl I got in Japan pav. at Epcot 2 trips back that I never did get mounted. Had to laugh, after getting this in the mail I had the hardest time finding that pearl....was so relieved once I did find it.
For only $25 this is sterling silver and came with the little pouch and silver cleaning cloth. Got this from Amazon.

Last edited:
I'm getting so excited for our trip.:car: We leave on Wed @4AM. We'll stay the night in Valdosta GA (about 11 1/2 hrs) and then drive the last 3 1/2hr's down Thursday AM. We'll do an early check in at our off site condo then head over to AK. I have a EE FP at 12:40 and then lunch ressy at Yak & Yeti at 1:15pm. We've also got FP for ROL & NRJ. So looking forward to enjoying this park after dark.

I have altered our plans many times and this is what I have for now. Friday we'll park at DHS and boat over to Epcot to start our day and then boat back over to DHS for late afternoon FP's followed by JBJB. I cancelled our ADR at 50's PrimeTime since it falls at a poor time for us so that we have time to do both parks. Any suggestions for a late snack meal at DHS prior to 8pm JBJB?

Saturday morning we'll check out of the condo and drive over to Titusville to meet family for lunch at Dixie Crossroads. Afterwards we'll check into POFQ for our onsite stay for 2 night's then on Monday morning we'll check into GF very early as Mark has 9:40pm at Harmony Barber shop.

So the rest of the plans involve.
Sunday Epcot
Monday day at MK, followed by 5pm CL appy's at GF then we'll make our way over to WL to check out décor and have cocktails. The sleigh ride has been cancelled.
Tues nt is our MVMCP but we'll have an extra day of PH tix so we will probably head over much earlier than 4pm. We have 4:40 ADR at Skippers Canteena.
Wednesday is my FP for FOP so we'll spend late morning early afternoon at AK then head back to the resort to freshen up. We'll head over to the Poly around 4pm to Trader Grogs for cocktails, then Tambu lounge for some Lapu Lapu's and hopefully some Banana Bread pudding. We'll eventually meander (stumble) over to MK to watch HEA and then stay for EMH until 1am.
Thursday we'll head home begrudgingly.

I probably won't add anything to this thread prior to departure so I'll see you around the boards until then, as I can't stay away from your TR's. . :wave:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!